눉- the showers/ basin. We were desperate for a shower upon return from the 4 day Inca Trail. The freezing water we were met with was not quite what we fantasised about towards the end of our trip! We took this up with the receptionist who advised us it would be 'fixed' in 10 minutes. Half an hour later, it was a bit warmer but would suddenly spout out freezing water without warning. The second day, we awoke early for a 6.30am shower before heading to the airport. Once again, we were met by hailstones. Thirty minutes later, we were assured it would be working, but was not even warm enough to stand under before we left for the airport two hours later. This meant we had a whole day traveling without a shower- thanks Wifala!
- The bedding. Instead of having fresh duvet covers for each customer, this hotel provides duvets without covers and thick blankets. A single sheet is provided as a hygiene barrier between customers!
- The noise! Perhaps our room was the worst (Chavin, I think it was called), despite us requesting a 'quiet room'. The whole animal kingdom were lined up outside our window to ensure we didn't get a wink of sleep- dogs, cats, a cockerel and what sounded like a parrot! This we didn't mind so much, but the human noise was incredibly irritating. Every time someone walked up the metal staircase at the centre of the hotel, the noise vibrated throughout the hotel.
- The cold temperatures. It's understandable the rooms are cold without central heating, but the tiny heater they provided did not warm the room sufficiently. We needed to wear our hiking jackets indoors.
- The 'double bed' in our room was just two singles, pushed together. This may have been because we were both female (although they checked approximately 5 times we definitely wanted one bed.
- You need to provide your own toilet roll if you use more than one sheet a day.
눇- Except the owner (details later) the staff were all lovely- friendly, polite and happy to help. The receptionists and waiter/chef in particular were very sweet.