1. This is a managed Appartement, not a Hotel! Cooking for Breakfast is done by the housekeeper in your Appartement - it's familiar though. We liked it!
2. Pictures don't lie - don't they? Look closely on picture No. 39. At the lower edge, you see a glance of a very big construction site carved into the landscape!! Even if it's not too close, you see it and you hear it! - nevertheless it's not really disturbing, neither the view - because there are so many greeneries around - nor the sound (it would be much louder in all the Hotels near the White Beach or the mainroad). But there is also no access to Punta Bunga Beach at the Moment!
3. It's a remote place situated at the hillside. That means always a special ride with the tricycle from and to the gate (150 P). From the gate to the Appartement there are many steep stairs up- and downhill which would make it a no go for handicapped or senior people.
4. Dear Mr. Negele: Please equip the thing with a microwave!
Conclusion: If you want an exclusive and private location with a private and familiar service for an absolutely reasonable price, you choose Alargo Villa, if not, better go to Shangri La (by the way: really great e.g. for a dinner) for a minimum of 25000P per night!
Due to the fact, that this is the first real evaluation of Alargo Villa, we'd like to do this more detailed than usual:
1. The location (very north, direct Neighbourhood to Shangri La Resort) is remote, picturesce, not crowded and not polluted (unlike the majority of the rest of Boracay) with a light sea-breeze. The house is situated in a compound of similar villas named "Argonauta" managed by a German-Philippina couple. The compound is gated, guarded, clean and with a complete, picturesque garden landscaping. There is a nice pool just below the terrace of the 1. Floor-Appartement .
2. The house consists of three apartments, is owned by a German (living and working in Germany) and managed by a Philippina housekeeper. Miriam is very nice and trys to do everything to make you feel comfortable: Cooking at your wish (especially very tasty local dishes), doing all the household and cleaning, organizing transportation, water sports, even accompanies you to the Market for shopping as you wish.
3.The Appartement (we stayed at the first floor) was absolutely functional for us and is good for a family with four people! (You just pay for the extra bed and breakfast). It's suficiently clean (except maybe some "hidden" parts of the kitchen and some drawers). The compete North front consists of ceiling high glass-doors with the astonishing view you can also see on the pictures above (they are good and real!) but is also cool due to good functioning air cons. Also electricity and wifi are working properly (to the first reviever: if there is a blackout, also the wifi is not working ;-)!). Two pages of compact and useful informations written by the owner that are placed in the kitchen give you a fast and proper orientation.
4. The compound has no private beach (at the moment - see dislikes) but maybe yes still?! Just at the gate there is the entrance of Baling Hai Beach.