1) The lady at the front desk spoke fluent English.
2) When I had trouble switching on, that lovely young Pole immediately left her desk and went to my room to do switch it on for me. (By the way, any basic store / reward plastic card inserted into the reader by the door will activate the electricity in the room AND the a/c)
3) Upon arrival I was told there were TWO wedding parties going on that day/night! I wasn't too pleased about that, but I was immediately provided with ear-plugs! The rooms are sound-proof and with the ear-plugs, I didn't have any problem to get a full night's rest.
4) They have a restaurant which serves very good Polish food at a fair price (room service possible for + 30 zl.).
5) I booked a king-size double room: I was NOT disappointed. The room is exactly as it is advertised: brand new, tastefully designed (very modern and original furniture: like the 2 armchairs and the round bed!!) - They have LED lights here and there: behind the bed (the switch is on the bed post, on the left) and in the bathroom.
5) Usual toiletries provided in the bathroom.
6) Speedlight wifi signal + ethernet cable provided.
7) SURPRISE! Waiting for me in the blue-lit minibar was a 200 ml flask of good vodka, 2 bottles of cool water and a can of 7 up - It was only complimentary.
I kept the best for the end: I went a tad grumpy when told about the wedding parties... Guess what? 15 minutes later, the front desk lady was knocking at my door with a tray and on it there was a glass, a lovely small bottle of excellent French Wine, nicely wrapped up with a little handwritten apolegetic note! And also, a handful of tourist brochures both in English and Polish (I had mentioned I was learning the language). These proved invaluable when I visited the city as there wasn't much about bialstok in my Michelin green guide!
IN A WORD, I will return next year and spend at least 2 nights there!
The hotel is located about 15 minutes' drive from the city centre
(but it is clearly indicated on the site) and it was not a problem at
all for me as I had my own car. And there are buses running just round
There might be weddings at the week end but... if you're sleeping on the 2nd floor, the noise is nothing much!