1. Our refrigerator wasn't working when we checked in. They were able to replace it the next day.
2. No wifi in our villa. We were able to get a modem that allowed wired internet access, but I had to buy a travel router to provide WiFi in the house.
3. Hard/uncomfortable mattresses (that were also very noisy any time you moved!)
4. Generally, there were little annoyances everywhere: nowhere to hang a towel in the bathroom adjacent to the living room; some furniture falling apart a bit; not enough power outlets; great terrace/balcony but no patio furniture outside (except next to the pool on the ground floor.)
5. Hotel charged me 3EUR for breaking a wine glass. I found that pettty, especially given the fact that our fridge wasn't working!
6. The cleaning staff cleaned the house every day, but had no working vacuum (they told us all three had stopped working, and they weren't given replacements.) I can only imagine the dirt in the rugs!)
I really, really wanted to love this place. The villa was lovely, but there so many little things that were off, that it's hard for me to recommend this. Perhaps if they didn't claim to be a 5 star resort, I would have been less harsh?
The villa was spectacular. Great layout with huge living/dining area and en-suite bathrooms in each of the three bedrooms. The private pool was great. The villa's furnishings were generally of a high-standard.
Location is very close to Carvoeiro city center for nightlight and has great beaches within about a 10-15 min drive (as well as several golf courses.) Ideal if you have a car and don't mind using it everyday.