- the overall impression we got from the hotel is that it assumes its guests as potential thieves (this is a perception from the written messages left in the card key or in the hotel instructions manual, so others may perceive it otherwise).
- Although it is a spa hotel, it was hard to find a chance to relax, because:
1) it was not possible to book a massage on the same day we wanted to receive it. (is the massage service outsourced?)
2) the indoor swimming pool was ok, but there is no silence in the area because of the noise of the engines (that heat it? AC?)
3) the outdoor swimming pool area is quite small and it is also spoiled by the noise of the engines (AC? water heaters?). Overall, apart from the room, there is no silence in any "spa" area.
- we'd suppose that a 5star hotel would at least make sure the windows of the common rooms are perfectly clean. This wasn't the case (e.g., the dinning room window was not clean, as wasn't the window of the indoor swimming pool).
- there were spiderweb on the room terrace
- breakfast was ok, but lacked some variety in dairy products (e.g., no yogurts) and in the fruit.
- the restaurant was ok but slightly overpriced.
Overall, we find it difficult to understand why this is a 5* hotel. We've had the chance to visit other hotels in the past (in PT and abroad) and although they weren't 5* they sure offered better opportunity for relaxation. Because of all of this, our decision is to not return to this venue in future opportunities.
We truly enjoyed the landscape, it's a marvelous location.