We are very hard pressed to find anything we "didn't like".
The only thing that raised an eyebrow somewhat, is finding twin beds shoved together instead of a double bed in what is called a bridal suite or love nest, but who's complaining... its just another excuse to cuddle up a bit closer to the one you love and a single bed will still take two.
We much enjoyed:
- The quiet surroundings
- The idyllic landscape
- The pool which is a work of art with all manner of seats and easy chairs (and a mattres with cushions if you really want to get cosy), with shelters from sun and/or wind if you think you need it, and beautifully maintained.
- seeing the stars at night,from our bed ...
- using the double shower together, rekindling our passion
- the stereo and the classical music available
- the whole house, 'cause that's what it is, being geared towards passion with its warm colours and little hints of what this place is supposed to be
- the warm welcome and the good advice of the landlord and his wife
- the beautiful villages and towns with their castles nearby - especially Castelo de Vide itself and Marvao
- the kitchen which has everything you need
- the supermercado a lot closer than I expected. Don't worry about this place not serving breakfast, on the previous evening, just pick up some croissants and buns (and of course, fresh orange juice and anything else you can think of) in the local village just a five minute drive away. Next morning take out of fridge, shove the croissants and buns in the hot oven for a few minutes, and you'll have a kings breakfast no trouble and it'll cost you next to nothing.
- the disused railroad track (not electrified) and bridge adding its charm to the place
- and all positive remarks in previous evaluations we confirm to be true ...
Well Done, Wim and Elseline, and thanks for six very enjoyable nights, and days, in your Quinta !
To everyone else, this place we Highly Recommend and it deserves every praise it already has earned from previous tenants. Great place for a small price.