Choose your preferred language. We speak English and 41 other languages.
Stora Nygatan 38, Gamla Stan, 11127 Stockholm, Sweden – Show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 354 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Archipelago Hostel Old Town.
No booking fees • Save money! Best price guarantee — enter dates to see these prices!
178 properties in Stockholm
Including hotels, apartments, villas and more.
356 verified reviews
They speak your language!
Archipelago Hostel Old Town's staff speaks: Swedish, English
Booking is safe
When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and charges apply.
Non-smoking Rooms, Heating, All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
From 1:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 6 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
Extra beds are not available.
There is no capacity for cribs in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Based on 354 reviews
Value for money
Show reviews from:
This hostel features central budget accommodations with free Wi-Fi access and a 24-hour communal kitchen with all facilities.
Score from 982 reviews Good
This budget hotel is right across from Stockholm Central Station, City Bus Terminal and the Arlanda Airport Express Train. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet and free 24-hour tea or coffee.
Score from 1746 reviews Very good
This central Stockholm boat hostel is docked at Skeppsbron wharf on Gamla Stan island. It provides free public area Wi-Fi, a communal TV lounge and a terrace with scenic views.
Score from 3157 reviews Good
Urban Hostel Gamla Stan is located right in the heart of Stockholm's Old Town and features a 24-hour front desk. Free WiFi access is available.
Score from 606 reviews Excellent
I booked a private room but end up in a got dormitary room. There was no stuff on place at 14 pm when I arrived neither in the morning. The room didn't look like as in the pictures and despite what they state there was no working wi-fi or kitchen available. When I complained in a email afterwards, they call the room change an "upgrade" and wrote that they have met all requirements, after that they just stop answering at all. So BAD and DISSAPOINTING! Stay elsewhere if you have a choice!
Location is very very great! It's quite clean in washroom area. (Just not comfortable that u need always press on button in douche so water can run. ) Next time gonna stay there again!
Walking distance from city centre. In the heart of Gamla Stan. Simple but clean facilities.
Newly renovated bathroom/showers, central location in Gamla Stan, nice staff
The location was perfect, it's in the centre of the old town. However, on Friday night it was pretty loud at night, I could hear everything in my room.
The single rooms are tiny and have neither chair nor table. And there are no common zone, nor communal kitchens where you could possibly work or get a cup of tea. The shared toilets and showers were the worst. No shelves in the showers, and if you put your shampoos and stuff on the floor it gets washed away to the next shower. And there's that annoying button that you need to press every 5seconds to turn on the water. The stuff was not friendly at all.
Perfect location; Good price for Stocholm
Bad beds, the second mattress really made us uncomfortable; Small room; Someone should always be there to welcome guests and give indications
- middle in old town - we arrive after normal check-in hours. This was no problem whatsoever -shared bathroom was clean and ok
- rooms are very noisy - small rooms
Excellent location for tourism
No staff in this hotel, only a phone hotline
Friendly & helpful staff! I enjoyed my stay at your place and, if I travel back to Stockholm, will be there for sure!
The shower facilities
Location is great.Rooms and shower facilities are clean.
Sheets are 'optional' but were automatically included into my bill (without using them). Note that they charge fees on your Visa without telling you! (Which is rude.)
The water was warm enough in the showers and the bathroom was very clean. The mattresses were very cumfy and the duvet was thick and full.
I did not enjoy the showers' extremely short periods of about three seconds, then having to press the button again. Dusty under the beds. Not very available staff. When booking via a booking service you do not get a code to get into the door.
Excellent location. Clean place.
- Reception is only open for a few hours and only on working days. No one will help you on weekend. - Also you can't leave your luggage at reception, if you're leaving today and don't want to keep it all day long until departure (but anyway some people do this at their risk). Hostel recommends you leave it in luggage room in train station, which is 60-80 SEK (4h\24h). - They really push you out right in 11:00 AM. No exceptions. - Breakfast is available at the nearest cafe "Cronor" with "discount" 10%. Menu is limited with 3 variants. - If you will forget to close the windows on monday morning cleaning crew will arrive on the street and will clean canalization and you will get out of breath because of horrible stink, filling your room. - It's really not a hostel. Just pension. There's no public hall to meet people and find new friends, no public PC (if you need one), no any games (darts, cards and stuff), no fridge with drinks, no toothbrushes\toothpaste\slippers and any other useful goods for guests. So you'll only get a room and bed, nothing more. For me it's not enough.
The location is fabulous. Less then 5 minutes walk to a bus stop that will bring you to the central station in another 5 minutes. Positioned well in the middle of many attractions.
I am probably fine with slight creaking of the bed. But every tiny movement resulted in a loud noise, loud enough to be of disturbance to another person. The mattress, at least the one that i slept on, seems to have concaved parts, i woke up with a bad backache. The hostel also do not allow you to leave your luggage in their facitility after you check out, just take note.
Very good location. Kind staff.
Noise coming from street.
located right in the historical central, many windows, cosy kitchen
paying extra for bed linen & towels
- The location was really perfect. The hostel is situated in the middle of the old town of Stockholm. We did everything by foot! - It was ok clean - just some rubbish left overs from some other guests squeezed in the bed between mattress and bed - It is a good place if you just need a place to sleep, but not if you are looking for a social place!
- There was no staff available almost at all time. - We stayed there for 2 nights and had to move after the first night. Our stuff was moved without us knowing which sheet was whose etc. - There is a pub next to the hostel so it can be quiet noisy during the weekend (depending on which room you are in)
Well-equipped kitchen, very clean, quiet. Easy to access.
Wifi code not posted anywhere. One bed was slacking (so bad on the back).
The location in the Old Town is really beautiful. The staff was helpful even when we arrived later in the evening.
Two twinbeds for a young couple is not that convenient to keep them together. Bringing your own bedsheets takes a lot of space while only travelling with hand luggage. The system to enter the hostel and find your room was not indicated that well.
The location and the cleanliness
The showers (you have to press a buttom will you are in the shower to get the water), the toilettes and the stairs to access to the hostel (dangerous, very old)
Location is great.
Sheets and towels cost 65 sek, only sheets - 55, towel - 20.
There is no coffee or tea in the dining room
Easy - they provided early check in, that was great!
They charge separately for bed sheets and towels - additional 130sek (Euro 13) - I think I didnt notice this hidden charge before booking.
Wifi is good. Room is clean.
The shower need to keep pressing when you're taking a shower, it's inconvenient. Street noise.
We've negotiated with thousands of hotels to get the very best deals. We call them Secret Deals and they only last for a limited time.
You can get these deals for free by subscribing to our newsletters. You can even choose your favorite destinations to receive personalized deals.
Don't worry – your email address is safe with us. We'll never share your private information and you can unsubscribe at any time.