1.For some reason couldn't get comfy on the firm bed and barely slept thru 6 night stay; though my husband loved it.
2. Girlie bars with blatant "services" advertised on big signboards. Lip service has a whole different meaning here. Didn't bother me, an older lady, but NOT for young families or else there's a lotta explaining you gotta do to the kiddies.
3. Streets on soi 33, like most in Bkk, filthy and tough on pedestrians. Any available pavement space is taken up by the same food vendors who toss their detritus on the road.
1. Location has everything Bkk offers those wanting to live high on low cost. It's great if u can handle 8 min walk to BTS station. Always taxi available, plus it enables ways to get around horrific peak hour Sukhumvit traffic on the back roads. Walk or short ride to Phrom Pong BTS, decent restaurants (most Japanese), Samitivej hospital, clean (and not-so-clean) bars, roadside food vendors, gyms, 7-11 type stores, questionable spas, and Botox and dental clinics. Note - at corner of 33 and Sukhumvit, tons of motor-taxis (cheap but deadly motorbike riders who drive you pillion without a helmet!).
Also hot new sensational mall, Em, is 10 minute walk away.
2. PRICE - cheap, but be aware all you get is a nice room.
3.BTS is super great to avoid traffic, and 3 stops from clusters of mega malls.
4. STAFF are excellent, equal to 5 star hotel service, tough sometimes terse during peak hours (hotel often full). Always accommodating with maps and smart suggestions on getting round - crucial in Bkk. Patience and respect gets u the same in return.
5. Smallish rooms (for the lowest price though upgrades gives you tons - about 10 feet more) are modern, bathrooms clean and great layout makes them seem larger. CNN (got to see Trump say more stupid things) & Fox sports available, YAY!, rather than all-Thai channels common in cheap hotels.
6. Breakfast buffet on 2/F always has fruit and coffee, toast, simple salad (weird) sometimes rotating between additional pastries,pancakes, fried potatoes (weird) - plus you get fresh fried platter of your choice of eggs/bacon/ham (tip you can ask for omelet)
7. Very safe. Quiet for a cheap hotel in great location - I hate giving a good review as its a cult fave and underrated; businessmen staying there gave me dirty looks like I'm intruder.