Let me start by saying that this is my very honest opinion and that
this review is meant only in a positive way, so maybe the General
Manager can/want to change all the shortcomings of this very
beautiful Hotel .
Where to start ?
1. The biggest problem of this Kempinski... It's all inclusive !
Guess what, this is also exactly the way the staff ( restaurant, bar, pool bar) is behaiving.
The staff's motto: " You anyway have everythig for free, so i will probably not get a tip = why should i care ! "
To be fair, this is not valid for the whole staff, but for a big part of it.
There are only two speeds for this staff, slow and extremely slow.
Waiting time till NOTICED, ( not served) by staff:
- Dinner = 15 -19 min.
- pool bar ( only 1 additional guest sitting at the bar ) = 7 - 10 min.
- bar terrace ( BTW, the only place you can go after dinner ) = 17 - 30 min.
Additional " benefits " of the all inclusive Kempinski offer :
- almost empty minibar
- the actually pretty big pool bar has exactly 8 bottles on display and the taste of the drinks is exactly as the price = zero !
- Only 1 ( one !!!! ) self service restaurant, with not much to choose from. ( to be honest, i read this in other reviews too ).
Pls. don't get me wrong, there is a lot of food on the buffet, BUT i'm talking here about a so called 5 stars restaurant were you supposed to be enjoying the excellent dishes prepared by a Chef !
Rhetorical question to the management :
1. What is the name of the Signature Dish prepared by the renowned Chef at Kempinski The Dome ?
I'm talking about The Chef that You have employed for the 2014 Summer season to pamper your very special guests that You so much care about and which You want to feel so special that they will most certainly stay at your hotel again.
The best description I have for the restaurant part of this adventure is :
At Kempinski Hotel the Dome you are eating, you most definitely are not Dinning !
The pool The lobby Location