1. Filth: outwardly, the room looks clean but upon inspection, it's filthy! There is visible molds in the little fridge in the non-smoking queen room that I rented. How they have missed that baffles me? The toilet is not clean enough as dirt and black rings/specks are visible in the crevices of it. I was not too comfortable sitting on it!
2. Indoor/Outdoor pool: Indoor pool looks clean but the two people in my company that got in the water were sick the next morning. I would not attribute their sickness to the indoor pool, but I suspected it.
The outdoor pool remained closed during my stay despite it's the peak of Summer.
Conclusion: I will stay there again if I have to, if you just need a place to sleep while in that area, it is not a bad choice and you can actually save a few bucks. If you are the type that wants 5/5 perfection service, or can't live with these cons, then looks elsewhere.
1. Location: This hotel is located in a little town close to Sandusky, Ohio. Its about 14 minutes drive to Cedar Point. This makes it convenient to stay there if vacationing in the area.
2. Price: The price is relatively OK compared to other hotels around the area. Consider it if you are trying to save a few on hotel cost.
3. Staff: The man and the lady, ( I assume his wife) that run the place seem pleasant, polite and courteous. I'm an easy person to please, but I noticed they put an effort in meeting their guests' need.
Other notable points are that the non-smoking is free of smoke odor, there is a McDonald place next to it if you need quick food, and there is a dollar general or Family Dollar (I think) indirectly opposite of it, which is convenient. The room is spacious and the beds are comfortable. Internet is free--just ask for the password at the front.