눉1) the price of the stay included free breakfast. The kitchen is locked after 10pm (to prevent theft) and reopened quite late, at 8am.
Unfortunately, on 3 consecutive mornings, the kitchen was not opened at the specified time, leaving many of us queued outside waiting, until we couldn't wait any longer. On the last morning of our stay, the kitchen was opened, but there was no milk provided (which should have been).
2) The kitchen is extremely small and can only fit 3 ppl max - this is unsuitable for a communal hostel setup.
3) Witnessed a very bad experience with one of the live-in workers:
This person appeared to be a long term tenant, who also works there (property cleaner?). He caused a disturbance with some of the residents, shouting & arguing in the hallway, around 1am. We could clearly hear this from our room and couldn't sleep. After going out to investigate, it appeared this resident was under the influence of something. It was also apparent the hostel manager could not control him.
The following morning, the kitchen could not be unlocked, as the person in question did not return after the commotion, and he happened to be the key holder for the kitchen. No other key was available.
4) The method of door entry to the building is rather prehistoric (single key is kept in little box, with push button code). If the key is dropped, or not placed back in the box, then other tenants cannot enter the building after office hours.
5) The mattresses on the bunks are quite thin, so I felt the steel bed frame underneath while sleeping.
6) The communal bathrooms are very small, so clothes will get wet when placed on the floor. One shower water temp cannot be controlled - very hot only.
눇1) The office staff were very acommodating and helpful.
2) The free wifi was satisfactory
3) The owners have made an effort to "modernise" the property.