First, our Booking.com reservation was not registered, and the process of checking in was long and painful owing to rather poor organisation. The receipt had to be prepared numerous times until it was done correctly. Second, the first room we saw on the ground floor was small, dark, and the single, small window looked on a garbage can in the dark and dirty alley. We were happy to shift to the 2nd floor, which was slightly better.
Third, music from the next-door bar was going on until midnight, and the windows did little to dampen the sound. Had we known of the bar, we would not have booked on this alone.
The air conditioning did not work, but luckily the days were cool enough that we didn't need it. The spring-loaded shower bar fell down, and we propped it up. Why no proper screwed-in shower bar? The toilet leaked, and one had to 'jiggle' the handle to get the water to stop flowing.
Besides all that, the hall had dirty, torn carpets, and an uncovered, low electrical plug with electrical wiring visible, for the corridor air conditioning unit. A child could easily get electrocuted.
Staff were friendly.