Upon our arrival, the 1st floor room we were given had not been cleaned and the sheets had not been changed from the previous guests. After inspecting the beds for cleanliness, we found hair on the sheets, beetle insects walking on the floor, hair in the sink, stained rugs, and an un-vacuumed room.This room was clearly not in any condition to be rented. We complained to the management and were given a 2nd room on the 2nd floor. The manager told us they had a beetle infestation problem on the 1st floor. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and it was as dirty as the first, sheets not changed, floor not vacuumed, etc... When we complained about the cleanliness of the 2nd room we were told they could try to locate a 3rd room. The manager attempted to find a third room, but at this point, we pulled the plug on this lodging facility. It was evident that the facility was in dire need of a professional cleaning staff, major renovations, and pest control fumigation. The rooms looked like they haven't been changed from the 1970's. The faded plain brown bed spreads, ripped rugs separated from the walls, and metal bunk bed frames(a family room to sleep five) gave it away. Also, the main office building was undergoing a roof replacement (property had 3 or 4 two floor lodging buildings and one main building for the main office/restaurant-which was closed). We should have realized that it was a bad idea when we first arrived seeing a roofing crew installing a new roof on the main office building. We were shocked to find this facility was even listed on Booking.com as a lodging option.
The manager tried to help us out, but couldn't offer us a clean room. The manager was honest in saying "she would not stay in the rooms we were offered either." Also, the manager advised us which competitor lodging facilities to inquire about rooms.