Search for hotels in Stellenbosch
Summerwood Guest House
28 Jonkershoek Road, 7600 Stellenbosch Show map
More sumptuous than a guest house and more homely than a hotel, Summerwood is situated in beautiful Stellenbosch, nestled between mountains and rivers, the perfect base from which to explore.
Conveniently located within easy reach of the Winelands, Cape Town and its spectacular scenery, the guest house is set in a serene garden featuring a wide variety of indigenous plants. Originally built in 1904, it was designed by an Italian architect and has been lovingly restored to meet the demands of the modern traveller. The friendly staff can advise you and organise activities in the village and the vicinity, such as guided wine tours, transfers, golfing and much more.
Ann and Christian, together with the entire team, invite you to enjoy the comforts and tranquillity of Summerwood and the beauty of its surroundings.
When would you like to stay?
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Safety deposit box
- Luggage storage
- Outdoor pool
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Airport shuttle
- Business centre
- Dry cleaning
- Breakfast in the room
- Ironing service
- Souvenirs/gift shop
- Bicycle rental
- Packed lunches
- Car hire
- Tour desk
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 14:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Children older than 12 years are welcome.
One further child or adult is charged 100 % of the room stay per night and person when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Food & beverage
Enjoy a leisurely full English or continental style breakfast with daily specials in our sun drenched dining room, or on the patio overlooking the pool and gardens.
Cheese platters are available on request and can be enjoyed around the pool and on the patio.
The accommodation comprises of 9 spacious bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, tastefully decorated to provide warmth and relaxation that only a home can satisfy.
Stellenbosch is a town for all seasons. With its glorious scenery, close proximity to Cape Town and array of award-winning wineries, Stellenbosch is one of South Africa’s and the new wine world’s most popular destinations. The magnificent mountains and hills surrounding the town offer unequalled opportunity for active leisure, such as horse riding, cycling and hand-gliding.
Over the years Stellenbosch has grown into a vast academic and cultural centre. Its internationally acclaimed university draws thousands of students annually, and the flourishing wine industry takes visitors along the wine route to celebrated cellars. This historic town is the second oldest in South Africa, developed from a colony of settlers to whom land had been granted on the bank of the Eerste River. The avenues of oaks are lined with Cape Dutch, Georgian and modern Victorian architecture, of which many are now national monuments and jealously guarded for future generations.
From Cape Town and the airport via the N2:
- Continue on the N2 until exit 33, the Baden Powell Drive turn-off.
- Turn left towards Stellenboch and continue on the R310.
- Turn right at the T-junction.
- After approximately 2.5 km, you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
- At the next set of traffic lights turn right into Dorp Street, there will be a Shell Garage and Volvo showroom on the corner.
- Continue up Dorp Street and through a set of traffic lights.
- At the first mini roundabout, turn left into Meul Street; the Avante dress shop is on the corner.
- At the next roundabout, turn right into Plein Street.
- Continue into Van Riebeeck Street, passing through 2 four way stops.
- Pass the university grounds on your left and the Stellenbosch College on your right.
- At the fork in the road with the willow tree and telephone box, turn left into Jonkershoek Road.
- The guest house is 200 metres further on, on the right-hand side at number 28; just ring at the gates.
From Cape Town via the N1:
- Take the exit for the R304 to Stellenbosch and continue for approximately 10 km.
- Continue along Bird Street passing through 5 sets of traffic lights.
- Go over the first roundabout that you reach and at the next, turn left into Plein Street with the post office on the corner.
- Continue along into Van Riebeeck Street passing through 2 four way stops.
- Then follow the instructions above.