Reviews provided by
Good for a couple nights stay with lots to do and easy to visit other towns near by.
The rooms could do with a re vamp and a good clean.
Did not think we would enjoy a holiday camp - how wrong we were!!! We had a great weekend. Staff were very cheerful and pleased to assist. Food was much, much better than we expected - remember this is a holiday camp not a 5 star hotel. Food was hot, plentiful, reasonable choice and queues not too long. Facilities were excellent, chalet had fridge microwave, kettle and toaster and all china a cutlery. There was also a supply of coffee, tea sugar and whitener. We will definitely pay another visit
Towels and bathmat not supplied - luckily we had foresight to take our own. Would have been nice to be told beforehand.
We travelled with family and stayed for one night to attend a family party, but wished we could have stayed to experience the evening entertainment. But would very much like to return in the future.
Facilities in room and food was excellent
Lumpy bed. Think they need to invest in mattress toppers.
You were not greedy with your bar prices and the in store prices were fair.
Toilet fans did not have a timed cut offs
Food improving with every return we make !
Excellent value for money
Evening entertainment on this particular visit not for our generation ( 56 & 59 ) more for th over 70's
Dinner and breakfast was much better than expected. Entertainment in the evening. Bar prices very cheap (compared to other places) No wonder the place was packed!
Bed springs poking through mattress. Hot water tank running all night (didn't stop until 6 am) I am slightly deaf but kept me awake and I was Very tired!
food, entertainment, club chalet, all good!
bed was a bit small, need more choice of beers,
The manager tried to be helpful.
1. Arrival: Customer service from hell.
2. Access to accommodation: No where to put the car within walking distance/suitcase carrying distance of the chalet.
3. Back to Arrival: CS from H: "Park in the field" Q. "How do we get to the field?" Reply: "its the big green thing over there".
There was no access to the field except by a locked gate. My disabled husband (a right leg amputee with sever osteoarthritis in the left leg) needed to rest. I explained this to C S from H. Reply from C S from H: "You should have thought about that before you came".
4. Senior management intervention:
Suggested we drove the car over the grassed/planted area between the chalets (over pedestrian foot paths, round trees etc. ) to access the chalet.
5. Accommodation: The chalet was filthy, there were bags of rubbish on the floor and a fridge with stale food and left overs. The toilet/bathroom had bot been cleaned. The beds were unmade and revealed mattresses that were beyond disgusting.
Our position: We needed somewhere where we could rest and relax as soon as possible. The time frame for this as suggested by the management was entirely unreasonable as it involved preparing the chalet to a reasonable standard of cleanliness and comfort and providing access that was safe and within HSE guidelines. As that could not be achieved we wanted a full refund so we could move on. This was not within the manger's gift.
7. Analysis: This was an hotel experience from hell. As an Ealing comedy we would not have found it funny. Finding alternative accommodation was truly challenging and if we had not found a wonderful Travel Lodge employee in Norwich who, late that same evening, went the extra mile to find us a B & B for the night we would have been sleeping in the car.
These people should not be allowed to operate a holiday accommodation service.
The fact it was Enroute to great yarmouth.
No chairs in chalet. Had to sit on bed, I had requested accommodation near amenities for my disabled daughter. We were placed furthest away. We could not eat at the restaurant because there was no way could we race or stand in the enormous que at meal times and tend to our disabled daughter, very disappointed with the booking, advertised as hotel but nothing more than a uncomfortable chalet. My daughter was very unhappy with her holiday, even though we paid for food, we had to eat out elsewhere as the dining hall was just a rat race scenario, where some people were like animals. My child was quite traumatised by this experience.
Copyright © 1996–2014
Booking.com. All rights reserved.