Reviews of Rosewood Abu Dhabi 5 stars

Al Maryah Island - 41184 , Al Maryah Island, 41184 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

#2 of 131 hotels in Abu Dhabi

• February 20, 2017

No complaints at all

Beautiful hotel - superb bedroom and bathroom - strange bath but wonderful shower - the best bit was the Manor Club - for a little extra breakfast snacks tea and canapés plus drinks and cocktails all free at certain times

• February 20, 2017

• Family

- nothing really, wished i could stay longer

- very clean - Bonus points for Omar at the reception. Very friendly and an warm welcome when we checked in. - Beautiful modern room design

• February 7, 2017

Some temporary noise issues during my stay. The wellness area is a bit of a maze with a lot of doors/rooms.

The exceptional service level of the staff. There were some issues during my stay. However the staff did their utmost to solve these as quickly as possible. The attention to detail (as mentioned in other reviews) is indeed overwhelming. And the in-room dining service was beyond any expectation.

• February 6, 2017

• Club Deluxe Room with King Bed

Nothing, all was absolutely perfect.

Everything was amazing, from staff to room to service. We had access to the executive lounge and we were actually very surprised about the quality and service. We would have never imagine such a high standard!

• February 3, 2017

WiFi was temperamental. The iPad request concierge service didn't seem to work throughout our stay.

One of our favorite hotels in the world. Stylish, comfortable and has everything you need.

• February 2, 2017

The fact that I have to use the room key to activate any access/lifs.

Rooms are spacious and clean. Elevators are fast. The hotel is connected to the Galleria Mall; very convenient. Free Valet Parking for the car for hotel guests

• January 30, 2017

• Club Deluxe Room with King Bed

the pool area was in shadow most of the day - not a bad thing in summer, but we were there in January, so no poolside lounging for us!

We enjoyed the club room experience . Very friendly staff who were keen to ensure our stay was perfect. lovely comfy bed in well airconditioned room

• January 22, 2017

• Club Executive Room with King Bed

The minute you arrive you feel welcome and on every turn you're pleasantly surprised. Attention to detail is excellent. Truly earns the five stars.

• January 15, 2017

• Family

Very dim lights every where, entrance ,elevators ,hallways ..

Location ,food setting , more than one resturant staff are helpfull and polite,spacious rooms. Fancy specious bathrooms.

• January 14, 2017

My colleagues and I noted that the chairs/cushions in the outdoor breakfast area were all wet in the morning due to fog/mist. Perhaps you need to cover it over-night or seek alternative solutions. I am sure that you will find this something that can be easily rectified/addressed.

The willingness of the Rosewood staff to go the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. From the point of arrival to the moment of departure was a delightful experience. On a previous occasion in November 2015, I decided to try the Rosewood for my final week before retirement in Abu Dhabi after living here for 18 years. I was somewhat disappointed then and harshly critical in my review. However, I will attribute the technical glitches and the untrained and dazed staff to teething problems of a nascent hotel. The phenomenal improvements since my last visit has indeed more than satisfied me and am even eagerly looking forward to my next visit. Keep it up. I sincerely hope you will not disappoint us or those who we recommend this hotel to. My colleagues and I were particularly impressed by the Zimbabwean gentlemen who received us when we got off the Etihad Limo on arrival very early in the morning. His attention to detail and his personality and communication skills were noticed by all of us. Staff who go above and beyond to be hospitable and make us feel welcome deserve recognition from the management (sorry didn't get his name).

• January 14, 2017

• Executive Double Room

I hate the smell of the beding and towels please do something for the bed sheet smell little comfort wont hurt

Everything an the food in room was delicious staff was so friendly i thank Mr Ghaith he was so helpful and friendly all staff are

• January 12, 2017

• Family

There was really nothing not to like about Rosewood. May be the food wasn't the greatest but was good nonetheless

Hotel has very lovely views & great ambience. Everything about Rosewood was just what to expect....

• January 9, 2017

• Family

too much buttons for tv, curtains and lights:)

the hotel is very luxurious and easy to live in, all is there. i loved the small square rooms access card !

• January 8, 2017

When I arrived I went to get a drink in the hidden bar. I was wearing chino shorts shoes and a button shirt. I was the only person in the bar but they told me they wouldn't serve me unless i wore full length pants. I thought this was completely pretentious and seeing as I paid a lot of money to stay there and there was no one else in the bar it was a bit ridiculous. Apart from that it was a nice place but there is defiantly better 5 stars to stay in Abu Dhabi

Beds were amazing and pool area etc was very nice. Very good location aswell

• January 7, 2017

• Family

I use to say my favorite place... but this time no... I arrived to the hotel around 5 pm with family Booking 3 rooms ... with my request to have connected room they said we don't have ... but they gave me late checkout untel 3 pm ... but from 1 pm they start to knock the door while my wife sleeping and I was in my work asking to leave the rooms saying we gave you late checkout by mistake and you can stay in one room until 3 .... very bad

• January 4, 2017

During our stay we noticed how hard staff worked to organize wonderful New Year Eve. We would like to say Thanks to all the staff and especialy to Oksana Boiko.

• January 1, 2017

• Club Deluxe Room with King Bed

The Room windows can not be opened

Almost everything: the room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent waiter and waitresses are all very friendly specially the guy from Nepal . Manure lounge was very good, the personnel working in the lounge are all excellent: Othman, the Kazakhstan guy who speaks pure Arabic language and the Ukrainian guy we do not remember his name. We would like to extend our thanks to all the reception personnel specially Ms Oksana from Ukraine, John from Nigeria and the girl from Kazakhstan.

• December 24, 2016

Small pool for kids.

The staff we're very professional, polite and helpful from the time i walked in till the time I walked out, and I am talking about reservation, room services , dining in services, and concierge. The ambience was quite and peaceful. Although the breakfast were smaller and less varieties than other hotels but it was convenient plus I can consider the staff and services there was better than any other hotels I went ....So overall I loved the hotel and I definitely consider coming back.

• December 23, 2016

The bathroom shower handle wasn't working. In room dining ordered a pasta , it was cold and wasn't cooked well. The pasta was still raw. While checking out found two front desk executives arguing over something in front of guests ; this doesn't give a good impression.

• December 20, 2016

No complains as such - just bits here and there like - there were no fruits kept/offered within the room. No kettle in the room.

We were here to celebrate our 5th anniversary and during check-in, they upgraded us to a std suite -- which was really sweet of the management. We stayed for 2N/3D and the whole experience was fab. The buffet breakfast spread was varied and nice, while their Chinese restaurant - Dai Pai Dong, in the next door mall was also a delicious experience. Overall, we had a really good experience (complete package - from check in to check out), considering we had booked around 3 months before.

• December 19, 2016

the entrance of the hotel is a bit dark not bright

everything...i got free coppun 100 dirham when i arrived. the room facilities are amazing + the they left some dates ecspresso machine i pad for room and tv control...all was so nice

• December 17, 2016

Nothing. Loved it all.

Everything was excellent. Staff in Manor Lounge were outstanding. Edouard,Othman and Evgenia made us feel so welcome. We loved the lounge.

• December 11, 2016

Super hotel, wonderful staff, always a pleasure to stay there. This time I tried out the Manor Club which is a fantastic added bonus- nice snacks + drinks, reading area and a pool table- what more do you need!

• December 7, 2016

• Club Deluxe Room with King Bed

Everything. The room size. The breakfast. The staff. The location. The view. The smell when you enter the hotel. The piano playing in the lobby.

• December 7, 2016

Valet Drivers were not friendly

The bed was comfy . Splendid Service was fast and efficient Timbre was helpful and friendly. He help us out with our luggage giving us directions. Overall it's a must stay hotel in Abu dhabi

• December 4, 2016

• Executive Suite

*Excellent service but vey slow * We requested a birthday setup for our kids in the room but nothing was made! *Very tasty food at room service but very high in price * Only 2 bottles of complementary water were in the Executive suite !! only 2!! * Very basic bathroom facilities * Expired food at the mini-bar!!!!

* the executive suit was very big and well designed * we all enjoyed the high-end technology in the room

• November 26, 2016

Couldn't find any,

Hotel is new, clean, feel like home. Upon checking in they upgraded my whole stay which was fantastic. Memorable experience...

• November 24, 2016

• Family

Firth.. there was bad smell in the room and the bed sheets The bathroom was not clean I called the house keeping to clean The breach fast was not that good One of the employees was rude talking to me Finally after I checked out after setting for one day only I did not get my monye back until now( almost 2 weeks after leaving)

• November 23, 2016

• Club Deluxe Room with King Bed

Not enough sunbeds to meet demand and pool area is on the shadow side during the mid-day.

Geat service in a very nice hotel with beatiful rooms and amazing beds. Manor Club had fantastic sevice and quality from breakfast all the way to coctail hour.

• November 16, 2016

fantastic hotel brand new and luxurious. we arrived one day later and they didn't charge for the first night. They gave us upgrade to suite room for free.

• November 15, 2016

Attitude Staff in front desk .. in the check in they give the room at 3:00 pm .. they said international check is is at 3:00 pm !!

Clean . Close to the mall . Close to the hospital

• November 14, 2016

Excellent hotel with first class facilities, amazing design, beautiful ambience and top hospitality services. I stayed 3 nights for a business trip and it was wonderful. Upon my arrival, the reception staff were supportive and although my room wasn't ready (as I had an early arrival), I was able to change and refresh in the spa while leaving my luggage in a safe place. Sheryl, at the SPA reception was so kind and accommodating. On my return, my room was ready! Impressive, modern room with good view over the water and nothing was more welcoming than a bottle of champagne, a bowl of fresh strawberries along with a handwritten welcome card from the hotel manager, Mr.Roland Duerr, in my room! Manors club is a top lounge and was one of the best club lounges I have ever been to. Staff was friendly and knowledagble. Food was excellent both in terms of quality and selection. La Cava is an amazing wine bar which is a must try. My special thanks to Isael Goncalves for making my visit so special. His qualities make him an asset to Rosewood Group of hotels.

• November 13, 2016

Had the special Dim Sum lunch at the Chinese resturant, it was very average.

Very nice and helpful staff. nice amenities. I highly recommend this hotel.

• November 13, 2016

Leaving to go home !! This place and the service could not be faulted.

The hotel itself was beautiful and the service was out of this world. The food was incredible and the location was brilliant.

• November 13, 2016

The Chinese food in the Dai Pai Dong restaurant wasn't of good quality. In addition the buffet breakfast wasn't "rich" in comparison to the price they charge for it.

Their Lebanese restaurant "Sambosa" is great with its sea view location. The staff were very professional and helpful. A very clean hotel. Focused on pleasing the guests. The location is quiet and relaxing. Most importantly, the rooms are very spacious and well equipped.

• November 12, 2016

The location is new, easily get lost even when using google maps

Comfort, connected to the mall and Celevland clinic through AC tunnels. The Valet parking , they bring the car in less than 3 minutes

• November 12, 2016

• Family

They charge the breakfast for the kid and my booking including the breakfast. And the breakfastrestaurant was full of egg smoke. Some time the hotel full and I couldn't get connected room.

Location...clean

• November 11, 2016

The whole swimming pool area was already in the shadow at about midday.

I have been really looked after. Comfort, courtesy, friendliness, they did try their best to make my stay truly unforgettable. From the Executive Chef and his team to the staff at the Reception, from the staff at the swimming pool to the Concierge, everyone deserves a commendation. Small issues in my room have been promptly sorted out by Housekeeping.

• November 11, 2016

Some of the staff, the should pay more attention to the guest. Breakfast should be better. I returned tired at 4pm and the cleaner was working in my room, which it should have been cleaned in the morning as I was away the entire day.

Everything, the room, bathroom is amazing.

• November 8, 2016

Nothing really. The location is not super but it is good for business and is attached to a luxury mall.

Absolutely fantastic staff, food, room service, comfort of room, classy five star hotel. I stay in a lot of five star hotels and this is one of the best I have stayed at. I would highly recommend it without reservation.

• November 7, 2016

• Executive Double Room

Food at the breakfast buffet was good but can be better with more choices

Everything from friendly smiling staff, luxurius lobby, room, bathroom, facilities, cleanliness, water, in room technology etc.

• November 6, 2016

The pillows

As usual. This hotel and staff never seize to amaze me. The suite. The view. The foid at sambosak was out of this world. Many thanks for. Mr Rachid. Ismail at sambosak All the house keeping staff

• November 5, 2016

The waiters at the poolside bar need to bring the bill for signing when they deliver the food or drinks. We once left without signing as had forgotten and then had to chase a waiter down to sign.

Service was unbelievably good! From Tembe, getting us checked in to Abdulazizz assuring us a wonderful evening of dining, it was simply top notch! Room was spotlessly cleaned and concierge services were spot on.

• November 1, 2016

• Family

Unfortunately, found an unpleasant smell in the washroom, The pillows even though very soft did have a smell of being used by others - not a great fresh smell. In-dining menu, I felt there could have been more choice.

From the outset of arriving at the hotel, we were made to feel welcome, I found them very professional and polite. As it was a mother and daughter get away, my 10 year was wowed by the technology in the room. And I loved the pool service... Keep it up!

• November 1, 2016

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

They are simply the best holiday we spent. The Rosewood Hotel Abu Dhabi is gorgeous, the staff is of infinite kindness and restaurants are fine for a reasonable price. Special mention to the Manor Club: reception is excellent, drinks and buffets are exceptional... thank you Saeed and other staff for their kindness and their delicate attentions. We will return to Rosewood to discover our children (perhaps in april 2017).

• October 19, 2016

Water comes out of the glass shower door.

The decoration of the room is modern and very nice. Room is big. Internet is fast. Liked the electric drapes and the electric switched.

• October 18, 2016

Great location connected to Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and the Galleria Mall. Booked Deluxe Room and upgraded to Junior Suite. the room was spacious, clean and conformable. Friendly and Helpful staff. Good restaurants in the hotel. Recommended specially for people having appointments in Cleveland or looking for quite place for relaxation. Thanks everyone

• October 15, 2016

Breakfast not that good need more improvement Especially need new recipes

Very nice hotel especially near to the Gallaria And Also near to the excellent health care facility Cleveland clinic Abu Dhabi Excellent level of hospitality

• October 9, 2016

• Family

Booked a break here with my extended family and we loved it. The stay was great all around. Tip: Spring for a suite if you can- it's worth it, but make sure you get a good view.

• October 6, 2016

The should have more variety in the breakfast , the pillow was un comfy little bit

The breakfast tasted good actually I loved the view of my room The staff are very friendly and helpful specially backri in the reception

• September 26, 2016

The hotel is in a very good location, it is next to the Galleria Mall and the rooms are very nice. The pool is one of the best and the service is excellent.

• September 25, 2016

• Family

Very slow check in staff and sent us to the wrong room! Also we had two very early morning calls from laundry insisting they had cleaning to send up to us - they had the wrong room number! No sorry from hotel about either incident

Very good value for money

• September 25, 2016

I tried to find something I didn't like ... But I couldn't find

Great location in middle of abu Dhabi. Friendly staff. Comfortable place. It's my favorite hotel.

• September 20, 2016

I asked the staff for late checkout a night before and the staff that took the information from me did not inform the morning shift staff. When I came to checkout my room they charged me for 1/2 night price but when tell the staff that I requested for late checkout, they cancelled the payment. I was in an exam that's why I couldn't answer the phone. I didn't like the miscommunication between the staff, one of them told me we were calling you but you didn't pickup the phone,unfortunately I informed the staff that I will be in a exam.

• September 16, 2016

Exceptional service from start to finish, all staff went the extra mile to make us feel truly welcome. Room, facilities, bars, location all woven together to create a fantastic getaway. Can't wait to go back.

• September 15, 2016

Service quality and overall stay was unpleasant.Staff required to be trained professionally in order to be rated good. Hotel is equivalent to 3 star category and doesn't qualify to be 5 star and above.

• September 4, 2016

• Executive Double Room

The guys that keep the windows clean, they started early that's just mean. 6am with bucket and squeegee, my curtains open so they could see me. It's my fault I forgot to read the letter, it's ok though now my view's much better

Everything about this hotel was fantastic, the huge room with the awesome view, the stunning pool with ice to keep you cool. The friendly staff who like to laugh and the price so cheap you should stay a week. Extra thanks to the Razvan, Oksana and John.... Stars!

• August 29, 2016

• Family

Room service is overpriced.

Everything was wonderful. Staff were lovely! Location is amazing. Pool was fun. We can't wait to come back here in the winter.

• August 27, 2016

• Executive Suite

When I have to leave the hotel

Location is amazing ... View is amazing ... Staff are really helpful ... Easy in and out to the hotel ... If u wanna walk best view is down to the hotel and the mall is connected to it ... Even if u wanna order food from outside is very simple just contact the staff and the will do everything ... Seriously was amazing ... And the restaurant inside the hotel was amazing and the breakfast was great ...

• August 23, 2016

• Family

i love the location but i got lost because there are no signs to lead to the hotel i loved the room but i didn't get a nice view as the value i paid. they should concern the prices of the hotel its high ... they should provide spatial price for Cleveland hospital patient.

I loved the location it’s near everything I want the Cleveland hospital away from the traffic near al sadyat its clean ......all the staff are helpful....

• August 22, 2016

Smelly bed Bed not comfortable at all, changed position many times, slept head down Breakfast in room:they always forget to bring bread...until i call and they bring it, food gets cols...this happened to me 4 times Pelow always smelly Last stay: tables were not clean Althogh im a weekly customer, decided from last stay that I'll change to another hotel

Nice staff but sometimes slow Hotel location

• August 15, 2016

• Executive Double Room

The phenomenal bathtub only had tepid water, not matter how long I ran it. The staff at the restaurant were not on their A game... lots of communication problems in the evening and the eggs and coffee that were brought to my table were both cold... had to send them back.

Overall the staff were very good... professional, responsive and very pleasant....I had a junior suite and it was phenomenal.

• August 9, 2016

The bed is not comfortable. The location is wrong on google map and on booking, we spend 1 hour to reach the hotel, i hope if they could add that it is in front of galleria mall!

The service, the technology inside the room, the view

• August 9, 2016

• Executive Suite

Recepetion should be renewed and re do the procedure since entering till room stay, security of the hotel was not good as should be I had.

Every thing was OK very comfort clean.

• August 8, 2016

Valet service took long and the hotel was not busy, took at least 10 minutes to retrieve a car with only two or so other guests waiting

The location, the HIDDEN BAR staff were great, ensure to make use of the happy hour 5pm-9pm at Bentley's, which is accessible from the hotel

• August 7, 2016

The room was not clean that much. 💔 In other hotels that I have been visiting for birth​​days and anniversaries it was free But this hotel was chargeable. + real flowers not allowed was weird.

I like the hotel, the design of the rooms.

• August 4, 2016

Excellent location room is fully automated with IPad the view from hotels and staff is superb in addition pool and breakfast is fantastic always preferable

• July 31, 2016

No balcony or window that can be opened ( No fresh air) The hotel is only good for staying in the room, the lobby and lounge area are very quiet and overall it is not a lively place to be or to socialize

Very luxurious Hotel.. great rooms.. great bathroom great views...

• July 30, 2016

they said they will take a 500sr from my visa as a deposit and when I checked out i asked them for it and the resptionist told me that they didn't charge me for it they just make a block when i checked the bank "they took it " i called them back and they said that the money will return but the bank gets late and i didn't received my deposit yet I didn't like their way of not telling me about the deposit first she said didn't take it its block and I will receive the money after 1 day then charge me for it and I didn't know about it and the money will return after 1 or 2 weeks that's sucks.

• July 30, 2016

• Family

We've stayed at rosewood Abudhabi several times, and I alway give them a 10/10 review simply because it is the best hotel I have ever stayed. However, this time, the reception lady in the check in was rude and arrogant!!! in addition to her arrogance, every time we stayed in the hotel in the previous few months, we usually get a complimentary voucher which we haven't get this time by the reception lady.

connection to a mall.

• July 27, 2016

• Family

- Very soft pillows. - I did not like the idea that the don't have a stainless steel-ware ready for people that don not eat in silverware.

- Very nice staff. - Very clean and comfortable rooms. - Very clean and nice facilities. - Nice breakfast buffet. - Good location just near to Abu Dhabi Mall

• July 26, 2016

Front staff disk delayed the check in for unknown reasons.

The comfort of the rooms and value of money was great. Hotel facilities such as gym is really great. Restaurant is magnificent.

• July 26, 2016

• Family

Slow of response Not removing Alcohol (Not allowed in Islam) before/after we came to the room Silver is the main dining set (Not allowed in Islam)

Location Modern Facilities I Pad Connection to the room lights AC and Curtain Freindly Staff

• July 24, 2016

• Family

The bathroom (toilet) wasn't thoroughly cleaned, I could see stains. And the shower, way too much water leaking out and flooding the whole bathroom.

Staff was able to accommodate us when problem arose and provided everything we asked (e.g. Toothbrush).

• July 23, 2016

We loved that we could control everything with the iPad. It was great being able to adjust the curtains in the morning without having to leave the comfort of the bed. The staff were extra helpful and friendly. They accommodated any request we had.

Browse Rosewood Abu Dhabi Traveler Photo Gallery