Reviews of Sarmiento Palace Hotel 3 stars

Sarmiento 1953, Balvanera, C1044AAC Buenos Aires, Argentina

#236 of 459 hotels in Buenos Aires

• 16 December 2016

The staff had difficulty giving me a satisfactory room in the first 2-3 days (but they did later); the rooms they offered initially were either too small, not well ventilated, too old/unclean, too noisy or with broken A/C. The staff speak very limited English and it can be very difficult to communicate with them. Facilities in the room are basic. The lift is extremely small.

I stayed for 25 nights - generally comfortable, great location and excellent breakfast. Despite many of the previous reviews, I actually find it quite clean and cozy (at least my room was).

• 16 December 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Bath

• 14 December 2016

The room, the door of the washroom didn't work properly. I woke up my partner every morning when i used the washroom. The bribe of the "taxi" driver to the receptionist when he picked us up (someone charged us more for to go to the airport)

The breakfast was good

• 22 April 2016

• Family

The elevator it's too small . The staff it's no Service oriented. I was with my baby and I have to close the stroller to go in the elevator. I ask for a coffe in my room and the waiting time was 45 minutes. I came at 10 pm from a 16 hours trip with my 1 one year old baby . I call to reception to ask for a knife and they answer: IF YOU WANT A KNIFE , YOU HAVE TO COME AND ASK IN THE KITCHEN ... Really?

• 19 April 2015

very poor wi-fi and internet, head of reception staff very rud and disrespectfull, should be more clean and learn how to treat guest, we are paying for good service and that did not happen.

just the breakfast

• 11 November 2016

Cleaning and poor staff attitude

Loaction

• 20 March 2015

Small elevator

Wi Fi

• 10 March 2015

Liked everything

Location comfort breakfast etc

• 25 June 2014

Staff doesn't speak English very well but tried very hard to help. Felt very clean. Bed was comfy and bathroom was nice. Yes elevators are small but my big suitcase fit inside with me. Also it is just off a Main Street and my room was very quiet.

• 2 December 2014

I had emailed to ask specifically about the gym (whether the access was free) and I wasn't even told it was closed because of works!

• 30 November 2014

Overall good value for money. Breakfast very ok but adding run-out things i.e. bread, eggs, fruit .... could better.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Sarmiento Palace Hotel traveller photo gallery