Reviews of Meriton Serviced Apartments Herschel Street 4.5 stars

43 Herschel Street, Brisbane Central Business District, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#1 of 120 vacation rentals in Brisbane

• Standard Suite

Instructions for the coffee maker would have been nice!

Bed very comfortable. Very clean throughout. Very close to public transport. Everything worked!

• Standard Suite

Car parking costs are too expensive. No room service in house. The food ordered from the advertised vendors took 1.5 hours to arrive.

You can open the windows for some fresh air . Clean and tidy . Spacious for city apartment loved coffee machine even though did not get to use it. Great 50% price reduction from booking.com otherwise it would not have seemed such good value for money.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

There is no parking facilities when friends were invited. One of the staff members seemed sarcastic towards me as I was checking out.

The size of our room, simplicity and some amenities.

• Standard Suite

I loved everything. I needed to spend 2 days on my own on the 1st anniversary of my husbands unexpected death. It was literally just what the doctor ordered. The staff were fantastic and the room and location a dream. I have raved to my family and friends about the accommodation and location. Thank you I will be back.

• February 26, 2017

• Standard Suite

The only quibble was that the shower wet the bathroom floor, which was compounded by not being able to put the bathmat in front of the shower door (it got pushed aside when opening/closing).

Our second time staying at a Meriton (the other was Adelaide St) and another fantastic experience! They pay attention to the little extra details that make your stay hassle-free, like providing dish washing supplies and laundry products. The apartment was immaculate, well thought-out and functional. The kitchen was equipped with everything we could want, including a coffee pod machine which was a nice extra touch. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, even though my husband likes a firm bed and I like a soft bed, somehow we both were really happy!

• February 24, 2017

• Standard Suite

For us there were no real negatives. If I wanted to be picky the tv remote was a bit dodgy and if that's the worse thing, well ....

The deal we got made it a very cheap stay for us. The location, across the road from Roma Street Station, was very convenient. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• February 23, 2017

• Standard Suite

Excellent location, right opposite of Brisbane Transit, for us who took air train, it's just 5 min walk. Easy and short access to Queens Street where you find all eateries and everything you would need. New, well maintained property, Comfortable, well equipped and spacious, quite a pleasant cozy stay. Rebecca at reception is very friendly and helpful. We will definitely opt for this property for our next visit.

• Altitude Suite with Two Bedrooms

I was on 65 floor and the city view is stunning under clear blue sky. Room was clean and quiet. Kitchenware is new and coffee machine cant be found at Broadbeach Meriton.

• Standard Suite

TV remote. First no batteries in remote, then replaced with faulty remote that mostly did not respond when used.

Clean, comfortable, quite and well set up for convenience

• Standard Suite

It was an extremely hot weekend & because there are so many windows the sun beamed in & it was awful. Took a lot for air con to kick in. This is not the fault of Meriton just mentioning it as it would have been great if the cleaners left the curtains closed when they came in, as we closed them before we went out knowing how hot it would be. All in all it was a great weekend stay & good location. thanks. Upgrading the entertainment system to accommodate blue tooth for music would be excellent :)

We were upgraded at my request as the room I got was very pokey & no view. Miles on reception was awesome, he checked & found availability & graciously changed our room. This room was lovely & very comfortable, with a nice view.

• February 21, 2017

• Standard Suite

The couch was a bit hard, but it's an incredibly minor "dislike" and it only bothered my partner in the slightest ! Besides that, NOTHING AT ALL!

We loved the entire apartment, from a gas burner cook top, all kitchenware ~ comfortable bed, in room washer/dryer/dishwasher Paraben free toiletries! (Big deal for me ^_^) Full length mirror, tv, great view - we can't wait for our next stay!

• Standard Suite

Pillows were a real problem - Too high, couldn't sleep. No water jug in kitchen/fridge.

Plenty of room to move. Comfortable furnishings. Fairly new hotel, so everything still in good condition.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

The only real improvement was re the room service menus. The menus were out of date and I didn't find out until my last night. I had tried the restaurants but they said they no longer did room service. I worked long hours while I was there so it would have been nice to order something in.

Staff were excellent. Place was clean, tidy and well looked after.

no balcony

we simmply loved our apartment 1807 and will certainly come back if possible on our next visit. staff very polite and helpful service great 5 star thank you all

• Standard Suite

My credit card had problem and I dident have enugh AU curency.They dident accept usdollar.

Its just two minutes walk from train and bus station.It was near to queen victoria market. I liked it.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Staff was very helpful and let us check in early at 8am rather than the allocated 2pm because the room was available. Beautiful room, very reasonably priced, and right in the middle of the populated city and Southbank

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

The décor was a bit cold, all grey and white. I know grey is the latest thing in interior décor but this was a little institutional.

The beds were extremely comfortable, beautiful sheets and pillows (feathers), nice at the end of a long day.

• Standard Suite

On our visit the pool wasn't clean. I didn't swim in it as there was hair and dirt floating on top of it. Not very inviting atcall. That was my only complaint everything else was fine.

The beds and pillows are very comfy. Always have a great sleep at the Meriton

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

We would have liked a area within the hotel to have a meal ,but in saying that they hotel just across the road was very welcoming .

I really loved the comfort of the bed and the pillows ,the spacious area in the unit was really good as well .

• Standard Suite

Shower hot water was a bit ordinary at different times but it's not a huge one for me personally but other people might not like it

Beds are always excellent here

• February 16, 2017

Can't think of a thing!

The beds were excellent as was the amenities, location and the friendliness of the staff. I could not fault it. Would highly recommend it to others.

• Altitude Suite with Two Bedrooms

Best view of Brisbane from our appartment. And felt like staying at home. Very quiet place away from the city but within walking distance to the city central for food shopping attractions of Brisbane and transport. We will be back again.

• Standard Suite

On arrival we were told we needed to pay $40 for parking which was not clearly outlined when we were booking. This is almost half the price of the apartment. The staff where very nice about it and gifted us the parking a a gift because we didn't have the money :)

• Standard Suite

Hannah the receptionist was absolutely amazing. She was so helpful and showed a level of customer service and genuine care that is rarely seen these days. Meriton should be very proud of her

• February 14, 2017

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Check out. Kept waiting for around 10 minutes. Only two staff on the desk at peak time (9.30 am), and staff continually answering telephone calls during check out. Only some lift sensors working on some.

Gym, pool and sauna. Rooms nice quality

• February 13, 2017

Check in was an issue. Waited and conversed for an hour until staff realised that info from booking.com had been passed onto Meriton with sir names as "and" rather than our own sir names. database to database communication needs to be checked.

Big, clean comfortable rooms. Very impressed.

• Standard Suite

All payment has to be through credit card. They dont accept cash. Bedroom was little small but lounge was OK size. There aren't any restaurants inside the hotel.

Centrally Air conditioning was very good. Daily room service and cleaning was excellent. Everything was there in the apartment you only need to take your suitcase and clothes. Furniture was very new and good quality. The location is best next to the central train station.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

The price of parking and the rattling front door. Was just the wind but thought someone was trying to get in all the time. Impossible with the security elevator system but still kept hearing it. Wouldn't stop me staying again and again.

Everything including security, comfort of the bed, excellent value for money, the pool, the location, the size of the room, the coffee pod machine, easy access on and off the Motorway, walking distance to city center, train, stadium, bus, shops Restaurant's, Casino, Southbank. Absolutely everything.

• Standard Suite

The shower's design made it so that water went all over the bathroom floor every time you used it.

The room was clean, comfortable and we were provided with everything we could possibly need during our stay - pots, pans, chopping boards, a hairdryer and even more. The pool and spa were perfect and the bed was the cosiest thing we've slept in in ages! Thank you Meriton!

• Standard Suite

Loved everything ! Nothing was too difficult. I asked to print documents late at night...no issue and very quick, I asked to borrow scissors, tape and glue, yes of course, really amazing service. AND they have GHD Hair Straighteners ! Nice impressive touch ! Have just re- booked my March business trip !

Everything, I stayed 5 nights but split over three bookings due to getting dates wrong my end, every wish and request was met and more. What a beautiful apartment hotel ! Amazing value for money and staying for business I could wash and dry clothes and had an office to work out of within the apartment - superb !

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Zero, genuinely faultless, beautiful new building

Fabulous again in every way ! Cannot fault this property or the service and infact I have just booked my next business trip in with them as I was so impressed !

• Standard Suite

More utensils in kitchen and some water in fridge. Maybe some hot chocolate powder as well. But other than that it was perfect.

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Great service. Wonderful view from my apartment.

• February 10, 2017

• Altitude Suite with Three Bedrooms

The cleaners weren't too great, I'm housekeeper so I know the standards.. and it just wasn't there.. black mould in th bathrooms which is a health and safety problem

Rooms were great! Had top floor, staff were lovely, view was astonishing at night

• Standard Suite

Parking was an additional $42 for only one night... Elevators are a bit confusing as they are button less. But, once you get used to them they are fine.

Great Bed. Good curtains, so you can sleep in. Nice views.

• Standard Suite

Parking should be included in the room fee, or at least made clear that there will be an additional charge

Very well priced for an excellent apartment close to the city

• Standard Suite

Had a west facing apartment this stay and found the air conditioning struggled a bit in the heat, until sunset.

Great location for an overnight trip to Brisbane by train to see a show at QPAC. Have stayed here before and will come again, lovely apartment's for the price.

• Standard Suite

The parking is very expensive.

Amazing views of the Brisbane river and Southbank from our large and spacious, modern apartment. A short stroll to the central shopping area, bars and restaurants.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

No grill pan and very limited items like pans and basins to make a meal. Fine if you just want to hear a ready meal.

Clean, comfy, spacious and a brilliant view of Brisbane

• Standard Suite

New tiling in bathroom (and throughout the suite) shiny and smart BUT dangerously slippery in the shower.

Kitchen suite amenities well thought out and pristine. Room security excellent - very avant garde.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Could do with another few days there 😃

Staff were excellent.location was perfect for exploring downtown area.apartment was perfect for all our needs.

• Altitude Suite with Three Bedrooms

We didn't have enough towels.

Very nice apartment. Clean and modern. The bed was super comfy. Amazing view from the 65th floor! Will definitely be booking here again.

• Standard Suite

The high price for extra parking. I don't mind paying a little for parking but was a little expensive. There wasn't anything on the website about arrivals with people with own transport. It is a very busy street and a little more info in checking in would be a great help in the future.

I love the location and the accommodation. The lifts were great and fast.Very new and clean.

• Altitude Suite with Two Bedrooms

Staff were extremely rude upon check in where there was a slight misunderstanding regarding payment. The manager only added to the already stressful, confusing situation by being unbelievably rude and unhelpful.

Rooms were beautiful with a great view of the river.

• Altitude Suite with Two Bedrooms

Internet connections was with a limit of 2GB/Day and it is not enough when you need to work.

Everything was brand new and well maintaned. Very attentive staff . Perfect Position and amazing view

everything is great

24h service, fast check in and check out. New fully equipped apartment with excellent wifi and other facilities. Nice indoor pool and gym. Each day cleaning, tea and coffee are refilled daily. The whole building is very modern and stylish. Next time we definately stay here again!

• Altitude Suite with Three Bedrooms

Parking could have been included a little cheaper for guests

The view was magnificentfrom our room on the 71st floor and the staff very helpful. Very modern and well equipped.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Loved the view! The rooms are amazing I had no complaints the whole time, facilities were excellent, Gym was a nice size. I decided to go late at night so i wouldn't be too crowded. Same with the pool and sauna too. Good opening hours for these things! and coming back to a made bed and clean towels was a massive plus!

• Standard Suite

the shape of the bedroom - although comfy seemed a bit cramp coz of the ceiling lay out

loved the layout the view and the facilities in the room - very comfortable

• Altitude Suite with Three Bedrooms

I forgot to be there in the group for check out resulting in bad credit against me.

The staff were amazing and it was a great experience with great facilities.

• February 6, 2017

• Standard Suite

Brilliant in every way ! Will be my hotel when in Brisbane, location, staff, cleanliness, room size, services in proximity - ticks all the boxes and more Room 201

• February 4, 2017

• Standard Suite

We got the ground floor when we asked for a higher room because the room we were meant to get wasn't clean.

The rooms were nice and big. Staff were nice and pleasurable to talk to

• February 3, 2017

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Had to ask for a crib twice before one was brought up. Internet slow at times. Servicing in the first day was only ok..some empty bottles were left next to the garbage can.

Good explanation about the area from reception. Letting us keep the car in the parking a few hours after checking out. Perfect size apartment for a small family!

• February 3, 2017

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

If i had to be extremely picky but don't really need to...maybe they could look at installing a kiddies pool...but that is crazy picky hay!

Beautiful room, lovely location. Great amenities, nice touchs.

Nothing !

EVERYTHING ABOUT MERITON SHOUTS QUALITY---COMFORT--SECURITY--SAFETY--just a wonderful place to stay . Views are exceptional . WE TELL EVRYBODY ABOUT YOU ---& MANY HAVE TAKEN UP OUR OFFER TO STAY ----& loved the place. SO DO WE Maurie & Glenda Simpson

• Standard Suite

Cheap enough, but what a shame that I can have a view of Brisbane River.

A lot of facilities from washing machine to microwave oven. Staff there is really helpful, giving us a red pocket to celebrate Chinese New year. Strongly recommend for people who are seeking for decent accommodation.

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Zane on the front desk was very professional and friendly. Only 20min drive to the airport Modern Appearance Modern Facilities Great Kitchen

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

The floor could be cleaner.

Great location nearby Hypermarket, supermarket, restaurants, coffee shops Full facilties/utilities and very convenient

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

A very rundown apartment apartment which is badly maintained.

The apartment is very badly maintained and very rundown. There are no plates and cups in the kitchen, which is ridiculous for a Service apartment.

• Standard Suite

Requested a high floor 2 weeks upfront and received the 8th floor :( Indoor pool is very stuffy and the very strong smell of chlorine is unpleasant and unbearable Would've been nice if there was a designated smoking area There was no cold water to drink even tried running the taps for a few minutes it would start off cold then a second later it would turn warm

Bed was amazingly comfortable! Loved the outdoor garden area; very relaxing and beautifully designed. Air conditioning cools quickly and efficiently throughout the room. Built in cupboard with lots of room

• Standard Suite

DO NOT ORDER FROM "GOURMET DELIVERIES" -10 rating!!! Not only was customer service appalling, but requesting for credit card details - including a CVV # is not my idea of good financial practice. They did not offer mobile transactions like "The Guilty Rogue" did & had no other options for payment besides giving all my credit card details or cash!? I would omit their pamphlet altogether as after reading their reviews they received 2 stars in total - I would have rated them -10 if I could. The Indian Cuisine restaurant I wanted to order missed out on $120 worth of food due to their poor service. They refused to send food after I apologised due to the evening being my sister's birthday having finished a 12 & a half hour shift. Sue & Melissa from Gourmet Deliveries should review their customer service skills.

The facilities were immaculate with modern design & space maximised. Great location from local pubs, restaurants & cafes. I ordered room service from a "The Guilty Rogue" that was efficient & delicious. The next morning we had breakfast around the corner at Chapter Two cafe - yummy! Awesome pool, gym & secure parking.

• January 31, 2017

• Standard Suite

Having to pay extra for parking unfortunately that seems the way in the city , but did not expect the $40+ fee .

Room was great ,everything we needed for our one night stay.

• January 30, 2017

Non

*Interior design is just like our home,cozy and large *24-hour Staff is friendly and helpful *great location-close to Roma station(train to airport),north quay(to take free city hooper,boat),and walking distance to queen street(shopping area)

• Altitude Suite with Two Bedrooms

we have seen the Australian fireworke to our appartment so cool!! (26 of january). Never desappointed of the Meriton appartment (Sydney, Brisbane, Surfers paradises) good location near the river, the shops, the trains or bus. In June i will come back! Sylvia

• January 29, 2017

Adam at front reception was so helpful when we arrived. The aircon in the apartment wasnt working properly an we got moved straight away. Thanks Adam for looking after us so well!

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

Lifts were a little confusing when we first arrived. I also thought that we had a view of the river from our bed as seen on the photo when we were booking

Bed was extremely comfortable, having our room tidied and clean towels was an unexpected bonus.

• Standard Suite

Not enough seats in foyer for people arriving/departing esp. as lots of international travellers. Bit challenging initially using the secure lift both to rooms and to garage. First time user of such a system. Better initial explanation would assist. Room 703 - a bedside light does not work. Toilet seat is loose and moves around. Simple fixes for both. Knives in kitchen need sharpening. It is easier to cut yourself with a blunt knife than a sharp knife as you need to use more force to cut! You could almost call this a duty of care to sharpen the knives. Don't like the hanger system; too fiddly to use. Everything else was ok; thx. Some ideas for short and long term visitors would assist if placed in the room. Consider linking the ideas to Brisbane's past and future.

Room was OK; thx. Would definitely stay here again due to price, position, presentation, friendly people.

• January 28, 2017

• Standard Suite

Wi-fi. During my stay Wi-fi was slow. Some noise coming from a pub in the corner - not much - I was on 4th floor. Next time I will ask for a higher floor.

Friendly staff. Clean. Air conditioner. Swimming pool and jacuzzi are fantastic - I mean fantastic. The gym is well equipped and I enjoyed the location. Bathroom well equipped. I will stay again.

• January 27, 2017

• Altitude Suite with Three Bedrooms

Our key cards were disabled twice during the visit and took a while each time to rectify this issue

Allowed an extra hour for check out moving it from 10 to 11

• January 27, 2017

• Standard Suite

The apartment was beautifully presented. Service desk was professional and personable. Strategic location next to Roma Station and short walk to Queen St and South Bank. Would absolutely recommend this accomodation 😀😀

• January 25, 2017

Absolutely nothing!

The serviced apartment was impeccable value for money and a luxurious setting. I was blown away by the value included within the price, location and facilities.

• January 24, 2017

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

All good. This is good quality accommodation. It didn't matter to me, but there is no minibar in the room, nor a bar in the building. There are several within 150m though.

The apartment (1906) had 4 rooms, a bedroom, bathroom, laundry and an open space lounge/dining/kitchenette. Great bed, good air conditioning, exceptionally roomy and clean. It was also very quiet, with good block out curtains to all windows. Views from the windows gave a partial view of the river, but generally overlooked the city. The sofa faced a decent flat screen TV with plenty of channels. A separate table was available as a small desk, and another table was still available for eating. The kitchen was well equipped for preparing meals with a full size fridge and had a pod coffee machine. A washer and dryer was in the laundry. We were able to check in a bit early, and they had no problems holding our luggage for a few hours when we checked out.

• January 23, 2017

• Modern Suite with One Bedroom

We thought room service was too early at 8.30am we hadn't showered before they came and because we checked out the following day it meant no clean towel for the next morning.

we found the apartment to be very comfortable and the bed was super comfortable

• Standard Suite

At $42 for the night, the cost of parking is far more than I'd normally expect to pay but I was really happy with the price for the room so I guess it all evened out in the end and still represented really good value for money for a convenient CBD location.

We stayed here for one night to attend a sporting event. The bed was sensationally comfortable. Close to Roma Street Transit Centre and easy walking distance to the CBD.

• Standard Suite

The pool had too much chlorine, and there were lots of loud children. Would be good if there was an adult only pool as well. Wifi could have been better.

Great location, large modern apartments, excellent service! I will definitely come back here!

• Altitude Suite with Two Bedrooms

Aircon needs work - hard to get the temp right. Foyers were hot in the early mornings and 22 degrees should be the same regardless of which room I'm in! No cafe or bar on site - Brisbane is pretty quiet on weekends for an early morning coffee.

Great location and great views of Brisbane. Walking distance to the tourist Mecca of Southbank and shopping malls. Comfortable and good sized rooms. Friendly and efficient reception staff.