Reviews of Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel 3 stars

6.2

6.2

• January 16, 2017

Really I can't think of anything I didn't like

The room was amazingly warm and cozy which I loved . located next to everything you need . great deal if u want to visit the city without paying center vile prices

• January 6, 2017

Window rattled all night and leaked the cold air in room. No heater control so I was forced to sleep with my jacket as room temperature was freezing. Also the blow dryer didn't work.

• January 5, 2017

Very rude front desk evening staff, interested only in registering and sending me away! I have never been so badly served, ever! The room was seedy, poorly lit, old tv not functional.

• January 4, 2017

I didn't see or feel anything of the sort. I liked everything and the mall close by was perfect.

Everything was perfectly fine for me, I liked it all. The staff, bed was comfy, television has many channels. Delivery for food came very fast.

• January 4, 2017

The rooms were dirty The bathroom needs a good cleaning The sheets were disgusting .. had to buy sheets from the mall across the street...I stayed here befr and it wasn't this bad .

The proximity to shopping n food

• January 2, 2017

We stayed one night staff was OK facility needs maintenance repairs and cleanliness it's not very good. Beds are old worn-out huge indentation in the middle of a king size bed we were not impressed

• January 2, 2017

Nice hotel, but little old one. Managers are nice. Hotel has a shuttle from airport and will cost around 20 CAD. It's possible to get free call from airport if you still did get roaming (information table will tell you where). Hotel has a free parking.

• December 11, 2016

Reception staff not particularly friendly or attentive. (Texting on mobile when I approached desk)

Free parking Close to major routes Rooms of a nice standard

• December 2, 2016

Not very much and/or have nothing to dislke.

Great and professional staff who displays proficiency in customer service. Feeling like home away from home. Excellent hotel to stay !!!!

• September 18, 2016

Disappointed that they notified us when we arrived that pool was no longer! We actually booked an extra day to just hang at pool with our kids ended up sitting in our room bored and upset! Unreal that I have booked through booking.com numerous times and was never notified earlier cause we may have had time to find another motel. Travelling with four kids who were very disappointed that there was no pool available. We were families on a budget just looking for a room with pool and were left trying to fill a day in with nothing to do. Would be great to be compensated for our trouble, never had I problem with booking before and was told by motel that they no longer we're dealing with booking.com.

The bed was comfortable!

• August 20, 2016

Even though the hotel shows a pool and fitness Center, there isn't one! Dirty, stinky, NO SECURITY. Bathtub had black mold all over it, towels were stained and had hair stuck in them. Beds smelled like cigarettes! Guest entrance was not locked and ANYONE had access to hotel rooms and the area of Toronto has LOTS of crime!!! Dust everywhere, fridge froze everything, lock to adjoining room was broken, window would not shut and air conditioning was not on when we arrived. SMELLED LIKE SMOKE AND ROTTEN MEAT! We returned after dinner to find our floor's sitting areas chairs in the elevator, and someone was blocked In their hotel room because someone had put he table across their door In The hallway! Garbage was scattered everywhere In The hallways WORST STAY EVER! And nothing Was done to compensate... WOULDNT stay there if someone paid me to.

• August 11, 2016

• Deluxe King Room with 21 days of Parking

No water in swimming pool, free breakfast should have been included it was not, carpeting throughout complex dirty and worn, holes in walls, no ice machines, extension cords all over the floor, microwave didn't work, very old TV, remote taped together as was the towel rack in bathroom, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, we changed our parking package because I didn't feel my car would be safe at that location. There were more issues but this should be enough. I was not a happy person.

• August 3, 2016

• Deluxe King Room with 21 days of Parking

housekeeping was constantly knocking on the door. they called and told them a late cleaning and they kept knocking before the set time we talked about. even having a do not disturb sign on the door. they kept knocking. ive never been woken up so many times by housekeeping. was not impressed.

• August 3, 2016

• Family

We were given another room with one bed and a sofa only, they pretexted an overbooking with the arrival of a Chinese group (haven't seen any). The building looks like a ghost place... And to make things worse, there was no breakfast at all though it was advertised as such. They put the blame on Booking.com and couldn't give us any discount for this.

• August 2, 2016

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

The first room we had the air conditioner was leaking all over the floor and their was change from a previous guest still on the bed stand along with some dried up fluid. There was an old belt under the bed still that hadn't been cleaned out and the sheets had lots of stains. We asked for a non smoking room, and got switched to a smoking room - the smoking room smelt more fresh then the non smoking room

We got our room switched when we asked for a new room. The parking was free and there was always a spot in the lot. Although all the rooms said there was bed bugs, we never got infected. The higher up rooms are much better then the bottom floors

• July 30, 2016

• Family

The staff is not very accommodating and unpleasant, she couldn't find my reservation at all. I paid 100 dollars which in my reservation is breakfast included but she couldn't provide due to no cook present and renovating, but the bar is open. She told me that I can go if I don't like the conditions which is very unprofessional. I had stayed in a lot in hotels and I have never seen a hotel who asks for 100dollars deposit. It's the worst 3 star hotel i have ever been and mostly unpleasant staff.

Nothing at all, from the staff and the rooms not so clean even the door handle is broken.

• July 26, 2016

• Family

Everything. Rooms are dirty. No manager on staff EVER! No Pool, no breakfast. Old and tired decor. Staff is horrible!

Nothing...Run as fast as you can! I even revoked the charge on my credit card.

• July 14, 2016

my reservation said breakfast was included in the price of room but there was no breakfast !

my room was changed to a cleaner lighter room after given dirty dark room

• May 9, 2016

The hotel is under renovation, they charge m a $150 deposit afraid I stole something, "refugees" on every floor, noisy children everywhere playing and blocking the only lift, empty beer cans on the floor, you get the picture... Never again!

nothing...

• February 2, 2016

extremely dirty. The garbage can in our room was 3/4 full of garbage. The carpet was covered in loose dirt that would have easily been removed had it been vacummned. The microwave had a large empty candy wrapper on top of it. The area where the ice machine had garbage on the floor and the garbage can was overflowing. There was garbage in the hallways and the carpets there as well had not been vacummned in a very long time. There were no drinking glasses in the room and we had serious doubts if the bedding had even been changed.. We arrived after our flight at 4 am , otherwise would have gone to a different hotel. Our room definitely had not been cleaned after the last person left. I have stayed there before and although things in the past were not working such as the hot tub and vending machines i have never experienced such filth...Shocking that they could charge me 96.00 inc. tax for something so filthy. It was so bad i took photos of the all the garbage/filth to show friends etc...

beds very comfortable, shuttle service quick

• January 20, 2016

Most rooms are great, but the tower is disgusting. If you get a room back there, it like they don't care. My wife and I found so many problems with the room, we laughed each time we found a new problem. On the plus side, free cigarettes in the little nooks and crannies.

Ir was a good price with friendly staff. I enjoy most visits.

• January 18, 2016

The fact that one is to pay such a huge amount for parking.

Friendly staff. Good price and exceptional dishes. I will definitely stay here again when next I go to canada.

• January 4, 2016

I made twice my shuttle reservation and the time arrived and didn't have it on schedule... The hostess at night was sooo rude and not a little bit nice....

It was so close to the airport! And also you can arrive there easily with public transportation! You can take a shuttle to airport and its cheap! Makw sure rhey write down the reservation!

• January 1, 2016

• Family

From a week before when I called for to make sure for a reservation nothing but rude I called the night before I waited on the line for a half an hour to only have to call back to talk to them where they were rude again go and register they were rude when I called the first time there was a cott included and that was included in the price when I got there it wasn't than when I left they were rude and they were in my room when I said I didn't need housekeeping pool was updated seven months ago doesn't look like it side door was locked and you couldn't go out or in that could only use the front when I went to leave one day there was a huge pile of snow pile behind my truck ... This is my second time there thought with new renovations and everything that it would be better boy was I wrong... Will never ever go there again oh yes and all the pubic hairs in the bathroom

• December 24, 2015

Close to airport, not close to downtown but that's what you sign up for. A bit dated, but clean and comfortable.

Very accommodating and welcoming staff, was a last minute booking. Airport shuttle included at no extra charge, 15 min ride from the airport. Breakfast included. Good wifi.

• December 22, 2015

• Family

The food could be way better burnt pancakes hard muffins only thing I had was a cup of tea and juice kids didn't enjoy it all all... Needs improvement

• November 29, 2015

Just over all the service was horrible ...they are way over priced ....dirty rooms the breakfast was disgusting ....everything is old and needs upgrading shower don't work properly ...protitution right before ur eyes ! No compensation and u will have trouble getting your deposit back onto ur credit card ...staff are very rude and unhelpful

Terrible service dirty old and unkept ...I believe there are bed bugs here also ...

• November 15, 2015

There's bed bugs ... holes in the sheets and carpets and room are dirty upon arrival. They won't change the sheets for you and they're customer service is horrible. Worst hotel experience ever.

• November 3, 2015

• Deluxe King Room with 21 days of Parking

We would only use this hotel for park and stay for one night. It is very tired and needs some tlc. But is ok for just the one night stay when you arrive back at the airport late evening, and just crash out when you arrive.

This is the second time we have used this hotel, as they provide a long period for parking the car and staying one night at the end of our vacation. We rang for the shuttle which took approx. 20 minutes to arrive. So good value for the money you pay. The hotel is very tired but our room was ok and the bed very comfortable.

• November 1, 2015

The staff in general were good, except for one who looks like from the owner side, when I said the coffee machine in the room doesn't work, and the paid coffee machine in the lobby also not working for days; he replied unpolitelly you get a coffee from 724 (500 m away). Carpets are very bad, dirty and cheap. On the outside wall of the hotel, a very cheap marketing, a picture of the owner perhaps carring a child says "toronto airport plaza" support in crises.

• October 27, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

Not enough choice for the breakfast included in the hotel rate. To have eggs and bacon you have to pay. Tasteless croissants and butter, beurk!. The sauna was closed.

the pool and spa

• October 26, 2015

Hot tub was broke, shower doors were discustingly dirty and the bath nozzle was not working properly

Friendly staff, free parking n restaurant in building

• October 12, 2015

The first two times we stayed there, there was no clock in the room.

We liked the pool and hot tub, restaurant onsite, king beds, separate bathroom, free parking, and price.

• October 5, 2015

1. The day we arrived to the hotel obviously we didn't have canadian dolars, and the guy from the reception charge us all the days that we we're gonna stay there in American dolars (I mean for politeness he could adviced us to only pay that day in American dolars and after that to go the bank to change the money and not to loose that much money; because the rate change that the hotel gave us was very low) 2. One day we ask other guy from the reception if he could advice us a service that could take us to the Niagara Falls, and he told us about one that was gonna takes us to take wine, trip by the river, take chocolate, etc.. So we decided to take the service and the driver just came to pick us there, left us at Niagara Falls for 3 hours (he wanted 2 hours) and that was it!!! And when we wanted to pay in a credit card, he said that he only takes cash!! (Toronto tours & limousines services- be careful with this service!!) 3. We stayed at the second floor, and the wi-fi signal was that bad that sometimes you had to go to the lobby to receive a little bit of signal. 4. One day, they did' t clean our room..

That it was very close to the institution I was visiting.

• October 4, 2015

Some parts of the hotel looks worn down and needs a little work.

Staff was awesome and on the ball and interior looked antique like which made it comfy.

• September 30, 2015

• Family

the dark parking lot outside with the shady people sitting in the dark along the hotel. The police officer sitting outside made me feel a little safer though.

the beds were soft

• September 29, 2015

• Family

Had to pay deposit building was not secured anyone could come and go very unsafe. No info in room about build and area. E.g.. couldn't find icemachines anywhere . Odd smell throughout building. In need of lots of repairs. Poor breakfast.

• September 27, 2015

• Family

Pool closes early. Should stay open all night as there is nobody there regardless. Breakfast closes early and should close at noon.

Pool, free wi fi and breakfast.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 14 days of Parking

The place was filthy with homeless people loitering in and about the building. Room smelled like cigarettes and Lysol. Breakfast was watered down oatmeal with cold doughy pancakes.

Nothing, the place is horrendous!

• September 22, 2015

Wifi simply did not work in our room despite promised wifi. Outside looked really not great.

rooms themselves were surprisingly cleanly considering the outside looked like a hellhole. staff was nice. For the price was decent and had a pretty good night's sleep.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

The wifi wasn't great, but it wasn't a big deal. Seemed like once everyone was back at the hotel it basically stopped working.

Staff was professional, room was clean, parking was good.

• Family

The original room I was assigned to was disgusting. The carpet was filthy, especially in the corners and the room stunk of smoke even though it was a no smoking room. The room was dark and felt dirty. Due to my children's allergies, I asked to be moved and they accommodated me by moving me into a room across the hall. The room was much nicer, cleaner, and smell much better because it was laminate flooring. Rooms were cleaned each day and the cleaning staff was most helpful. The restaurant food was sub-par. Could have been much better. The swimming pool was quite small and was dirty, there were huge clumps of hair floating in the swimming pool and the stench of bleach was over powering to the point of where our eyes were affected by it.

The young lady who picked me up from the airport was super polite, helpful and courteous. She did everything she could to make our stay pleasant and I appreciate her positive attitude.

• September 16, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

not very clean, bathroom was dingy. the flooring was nice , if it was carpeted it would have been very disappointing because it wouldnt have seemed clean.

close to the venue, nice breakfast, beds were comfy

• September 15, 2015

• Family

Hotel is older and in need of some repair. It appears that half the hotel may have been converted into weekly / monthly rental apts. It isn't a five star but for what you pay we had a good one night stay.

Bed was comfortable. Pool was surprisingly nice. Price was cheap for a one night stay.

• September 14, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

Dirty dirty dirty. Started by getting checked in to a room that hadn't been cleaned from last occupants to moving to another room that had the minimum don't to it. Garbage in elevator in halls, just felt very dirty and old.

• September 13, 2015

Had 4 rooms for the night..... Only stayed in one .My other friends checked out before sleeping . Place was very dirty and run down Our shower didn't work in the room we stayed in

• September 13, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

Rooms need to be cleaner, or change to upgrade to look like actual photos on internet its deceiving. There were stains on carpet that probably cant get out then change carpet little things but makes it look cleaner

Staff

• September 8, 2015

• Deluxe King Room with 7 days of Parking

We came for two nights stay but the residents and area at the hotel completely made us scared to stay even one night. Thankfully I asked to not be charged and the manager agreed.

The staff were accommodating.

• September 6, 2015

No remote controll for the tv, a lamp was not working (but has been repaired after reporting it at the reception desk), wi-fi was not working at all in the room. In the business corner were 2 computers but just one with a mouse.

A lot of free parking space.

• September 5, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

The jets did not always work in the hot tub. On housekeeping staff was very rude when asking for directions in the hotel.

The location was good. Breakfast was really good. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

• September 3, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

my room had a bad odour I think it's from the carpet it was very old, the bathroom tap was leaking, mess up the floor, the sheets didn't smell fresh, one of the night lamp was working, the coffee machine wasn't working, the television quality was very poor, I spoke with a manager about not receiving any refrigerator or microwave as I was staying with a baby, and his behaviour sucks and the place just look unattractive.

Nothing, just the location, I was very disappointed, it has been my worst hotel experience. The cleaning ladies was friendly.

• September 3, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

Dangerous area, nasty staff/customer service, smelly rooms, and the rest you can imagine.

Almost nothing. I could walk to a 7 Eleven, but it didn't feel safe.

• August 29, 2015

• Family

The hotel is not clean, the hallways smelled awful, I did not expect that.

The breakfast was good, the place I felt most comfortable is the restaurant where we had the breakfast.

• August 25, 2015

Indications for the pool were inexistant. Coffee machine wasn't working. AC was leaking, soaking the carpet.

The personel at the front desk was available for questions and was able to help us quickly. It was appreciated.

• August 21, 2015

• Family

Breakfast supplied much too less Food. Staff was not polite. Room Service not competent, did not Receive enough Towels nor blankets. TV Set too old and hardly to handle.

Short distance to Airport. Nicely decorated Car in the Lobby.

• August 18, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

Bathroom not cleaned. I could hear the neighbor's TV at night. Bad image due to the fact that when we got there, there was a party with loud music and some of the party sketchy people were gathered in front of the guest entrance. And not to mention the "famous free continental breakfast", which was a joke.

Front desk staff.

• August 17, 2015

The carpeting and wallpaper in rooms and walking areas needs replacing because it gives the wrong impression.

Staff was friendly, courteous and helpful.Near food markets, restaurants and transportation

• August 13, 2015

My eggs were cold at breakfast

Staff was prompt and courteous. Help understand fully on questions I presented. Very professional and manners of each employee I dealt with was returned to me with utmost Respect as a guest. Hats off to their Team Leader in promoting these qualitys.

• August 12, 2015

The amwll of the main level when wntering from parking lot. It isndisguating and the deoderizers make it 10000 times worsw.

The main level of hotel has 9verwhelm8ng use of aome type of room dwoderizer fabric apray or aomething it actually made me nauseated and I hated going to the main level. That was the worst part of the whole wxperience the nasty smell on main level.

• August 8, 2015

• Family

The hotel is outdated and a bit dingy. New fixtures and carpets are needed.

I didn't get the room they promised me but after letting them know that I wasn't happy about it. They upgraded me to a better room and I have no complaints.

• August 7, 2015

The place was dirty! Staff were rude and spoke like street thugs! This place was once a very nice Hotel! Now it shud be burned to the ground and rebuilt! Don't let the bed bugs bite!

NOTHING!

• August 6, 2015

Room was a long walk from the elevator!! The breakfast manager was no happy and they ran out of eggs before 9 am and they were not making any more!! That was his response!

Reasonably priced. Staff were quick and relatively friendly

• Family

The room was dirty, there was excessive noise until 530am without warning this was occurring. We were told 1am music would be turned down. Hair in the bathroom. Mold on tiles. Parking lot dark, people smoking at entrances and no lock on door entrance. Security everywhere which makes things intimidating. No breakfast available. Everything empty. Reimbursement was cash not back on credit card.

Lobby was clean.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 14 days of Parking

Lots of bugs in our room. The floor in our room was disgusting, we actually went and bought antibacterial spray and disinfectant wipes for the room.

It was close to the venue we attended.

• Family

Not clean whatsoever, non smoking room were full of smoke, air conditioning didn't work, beds and towels full of hair, bathroom didn't work!! Staff are not professional!! U guys should have an inspector look at that hotel. That's not hotel, that's a shelter for Homless people!!!

Absolutely nothing!!!!

• August 1, 2015

• Family

The hotel could really use a renovation. The carpets were stained, the wallpaper was stained and peeling, and the beds were saggy in the middle. The breakfast could use more selections. We had to go buy a power cord since there weren't enough outlets. You could either plug in the fridge or the microwave, but not both at the same time.

The staff was always kind, there was a pool and Continental breakfast, and it was close to Wonderland, Lego land and a couple of malls. It wasn't expensive.

• July 28, 2015

• Family

Not exactly what i was expecting. Nice lobby but could use alot of upgrading. The guest entrance door wasn't secure it was missing the whole locking mechanism. My room had hair in the bed and the tub need to be scrubbed alot better than it was.(soap scum, gross)

The location was great and a/c was cold. Cleaning staff very friendly and polite.

• July 27, 2015

Tiempo para llegar al centro de la ciudad en transporte publico y dificultades por falta de PC para acceder a internet en la sala de navegacion

Esmerada atencion del personal, la limpieza de la habitacion y la conexion con el aeropuerto.

• July 15, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

Poor breakfast. Smelly corridors with wet carpets from leaking bathrooms. Uncomfortable room and bed. Had to change room. Poor bathrooms. The hotel is disintegrating slowly and steadily. Better to go somewhere else.

Airport shuttle and a couple of courteous front desk staff with an accommodating manager.

• July 14, 2015

• Family

Carpets very dirty; furniture very old & broken; wifi not very good; building needs serious upkeep; met basic needs; parking lot unlit at night.

The beds were very comfy; great pool; tv reception good; good breakfast; microwave in room good.

• July 11, 2015

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with 7 days of Parking

The front desk was very disrespectful they ignored me and would take other customers first. The room was dirty and old. None of us could sleep from how loud everyone on our floor was it lasted until passed midnight . I would never recommend it

• June 25, 2015

La falta de ofertas para almorzar o cenar en el hotel considerando la distancia hasta otras ofertas de restaurantes y hasta el centro de la ciudad.

Buen servicio de asistencia de transporte al aeropuerto. La atencion del personal de servicio. La habitación confortable y la limpieza.

• June 22, 2015

Room smelled so bad, my clothes smelled horrible just from being in it. Staff wouldn't give us air freshener. Smelled like someone smoked 60 packs of cigarettes. Lights didn't work, took 2 hours to get light bulbs and that wasn't even the issue the lamps were just broken.

Location was close to where we needed to go.

• June 11, 2015

• Family

The pool was shut down by the city of Toronto?? Carpet in the hall way and room was so stained. Elevator door wouldn't shut. I was travelling with my 7 yr old daughter and did not feel safe. Room was very noisy. We left at 6:45 am and will never go back.

free wifi

• June 2, 2015

• Family

We specifically wanted a hotel with pool but it was closed by the Dept of Health. No wifi available. The halls on 2nd floor smelled terrible.

The comfort of the beds and location.