BarbadosHotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent Reviews for Hotels in Barbados

• +

Transport in front of the apartment and the beach behind. Walking distance to St. Lawrence Gap

Stairs to climb

Wendy-Ann Trinidad and Tobago
  • St Peter's Bay Luxury Resort and Residencies

No reviews yet
    • +

Everything was made super easy; check in, check out. Access to the beach and pool great. Bar and restaurant great.

Murray United Kingdom
  • Best E Limited

• +

Manager and cleaners were really pleasant and helpful. Very clean apartment with daily turn over of linens, etc Very quiet neighborhood within easy reach of airport and Oistins. A car is a must though.

• -

Beds were small and in one room were two singles put side by side - not so comfortable for couples.

stanley Dominica
  • Lei-Ann's Vacation Rentals

• +

Hosts were very hospitable and friendly. They went the extra mile for all our requests. They even offered us cold drink for welcome in the hot weather - so nice. We rented a car and it was quite easy to access the whole island - close to the airport location but also near Bridgetown (20 mins drive). Definitely worth seeing the Oistins Fish Fry and The Gap on Friday or Saturday. I would definitely recommend the apartment and Barbados to future travellers

Car is a must

Angel Bulgaria
  • The Atlantis Hotel

Lovely hotel and staff!

Too remote!

john United Kingdom
  • Meridian Inn

• +

the rooms on the top floor have amazing views and facilities

no lift and to take cases up 3 / 4 flights of stairs is a little hard work

Samantha United Kingdom
  • Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados

Average Review Score: 7.7
    • +

Amazing view and beach, good location, close to the cetre.

• -

Once I didn't get water in my room but easily fount it from personnel.

Anna Bahamas
  • Blue Horizon Hotel

Average Review Score: 7.7
    • +

Across the street from the beach.

• -

Staff is awful. Rooms not cleaned until after 4 or not cleaned at all. Staff rude to your face when bringing forward concerns. Located on busy, loud road in residential area. Constant dog barking.

Keeley Canada
  • Coral Mist Beach Hotel

Average Review Score: 7.6
    • +

Location,friendly staff ,on a gorgeous beach

Neil United Kingdom
  • Rio Guest House

Average Review Score: 7.6
    • +

Staff very helpful and friendly, arranged other accomodation until they could supply a twin room.They live on site, always happy to advise guests. Very basic but clean, old crockery and cutlery, and unironed but clean sheets and towels every 3 days .Perfectly adequate for self sufficient independent visitors on a budget.Free wifi if you have your own hardware. Food very expensive, so take own food, tea/coffee as much as poss. Cheap local transport, take advantage of $2 buses around the island,although no timetables available. Always windy, temp 28/29 degrees.Fabulous Island, friendly helpful people. Fabulous beaches.

• -

Be aware final price apparently dependant on exchange rate on the day of arrival which worked out at least £50 more than quoted online. NOT GOOD! Payment expected in US or BB Dollars rather than sterling. No transport routes or timetables for public transport.

Amanda United Kingdom

Highly Rated Hotels in Barbados by English-speaking Reviewers

• Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Very friendly staff-Great location-Near Oistins and the Gap

June 20, 2016
    Jay United States of America
  • Hilton Barbados Resort

• +

Upon arrival, someone from the hotel was there to greet us and assist us with transportation to the hotel.

July 7, 2016
    Anthony United States of America
  • Rostrevor Hotel

The Beaitiful Island of Batbados

• -

Poor leadership therefore the staff was rude and exhibited unjust and discriminatory practices whether intended or not. One evening my family was also exposed to a naked woman in the pool and security had no control over the situation and announced allowed that she does this every year .... Just awful. I was suppose to stay longer but chose to check out 4 days earlier and take my business elsewhere

April 23, 2016
    TAHISHA United States of America
  • All Seasons Resort

Average Review Score: 7.5
    • +

Staff were more than helpful and extremely friendly. Even when we had a long delay they helped us out with another apartment just to rest for a while. Anything we needed they could help us with which was fanastic being our first time on the island.

November 19, 2015
    Katherine Portugal
  • Gemini House Bed & Breakfast

• +

Truly the best management very helpful and supportive! Very very good could not be better!

February 14, 2016
    MM United States of America
  • White Sands Beach Condos

Average Review Score: 9.6
    • +

Cyrus is awesome! He is readily available 24/7 and is extremely helpful. The condo was clean and ready when we arrived, so we were able to change and head right to the beach!

• -

There wasn't anything we didn't like about our trip to Barbados.

April 26, 2015
    Joseph United States of America
  • Plum Tree Club

• +

Good size apartment with everything we needed. Excellent cleaning service, lovely pool and shuttle to beach (will take you to airport or local supermarket too). Our apartment looked over golf course, with roaming monkeys and visiting birds on balcony. Shared bbq, good TV service and wifi ( hotspots near pool and shuttle bus stop). Very relaxed place, very friendly staff and other guests were great. AC in bedroom only, but leaving doors open gave a good breeze throughout. The block is ex-timeshare, a little dated but served our purpose perfectly. Would definitely go back.

• -

AC - but doors open worked. Better wifi, but having to sit near the pool in a beautiful garden wasn't a problem!!

April 5, 2016
    pamela United Kingdom
  • Lantana Barbados Condos

• +

Everything from the initial booking, confirmation with the agents, to my check-in was absolutely fantastic. Agents are very customer centric.

July 11, 2015
    Tracia United States of America
  • Meridian Inn

• +

Less than a block from the beach. Quiet after dark. Spacious. Extra large king bed.

Thomas United States of America
  • The Crane Resort

• +

Great staff, beautiful pool and beach. Had a great time.

June 1, 2016
    Stephwall United States of America
  • Yellow Bird Hotel

• +

All rooms face a beautiful ocean right across a small street. Staff was nice and friendly. All rooms have balcony, fridge, nice looking bathrooms. Air conditioner worked great.

• -

On two out of two nights spaced 5 days apart (two separate bookings) the hot water in the evening was barely luke warm. It was fine during the day. Solar heating maybe?

June 2, 2016
    ryan United States of America
  • Sea-U Guest House

Average Review Score: 8.7
    • +

Really beautiful location - could lie in bed and hear the sea. You need to rent a car if you're going to stay there or you'll be marooned though. Lovely room, had everything we needed. Dinners good value and very tasty. Staff really friendly

June 25, 2016
    Melanie United Kingdom
  • Sweetfield Manor Historic Inn

• +

The Sweetfield Manor is not your typical hotel or Bed & Breakfast. This place is an experience in itself. You feel like distant royalty coming to stay with the king when you're lead in through the beautiful gated entrance and faced with their extensive garden, lawn and relaxing outdoor seating and stone pathways. The first thing I did was explore the beautiful house and grounds, I hadn't even explored Barbados yet and I already was snapping photos. That is how beautiful this place is. You will feel the same about your room, everything is high quality, everything looks new, everything looks customized, they have paid attention to every detail. The staff are beyond courteous, I myself made instant friends with everyone I encountered. There was an issue with my card where they weren't able to scan it properly for a few days. They didn't sweat me about it at all, where as in American/European facilities I am sure the reaction would be different (it worked out fine in the end of course). Listen to their advice, they won't lead you to any tourist traps, they know where the good food is and where the awesome stuff is. All of the above is more than enough for the price. BUT. The breakfast... This is not a normal meal. Let me clarify for you, a professional chef with knowledge of the cuisine of dozens of countries is going to prepare a 4 course meal for you every single morning. You will be seated in different part of the house/outdoor areas each day so you can enjoy a new view each morning, while you are bombarded with five star gourmet food. No matter how late I stayed up I had an alarm set to ensure I didn't miss any of this AMAZING food. The meals were completely different each day. You will want to take pictures and remember this food, it is that good. I have one single neutral comment to make. This place is very quiet in a secluded part of the parish.

October 5, 2015
    Taylor United States of America
  • Ocean Two Resort & Residences

• +

I've never met such a hospitable staff; George, Naria, Jeffery, O'Neil, Adrienne, Rudolph, Merissa (I think thats right),Jean Paul... The list goes on. These guys and gals were absolutely nothing short of amazing. Thank y'all for everything, you truely made our honeymoon absolutely perfect!!!

Absolutely not

November 6, 2015
    Billy United States of America
  • The Legend Garden Condos

• +

Bird and Delia were wonderfully hospitable and made us feel at home. Amazing location on the west coast of Barbados with beautiful beaches just a 3 minute walk away from the condos.

Everything was wonderful!!!!

August 11, 2015
    Andrew United Kingdom
  • The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados Resort

• +

Beautiful view from the spacious balcony. Great room service breakfasts and lovely beach. Spacious well designed rooms with lots of storage

July 20, 2016
    michele United Kingdom
  • South Beach Hotel Breakfast Incl. - Ocean Hotels

• +

staff was very helpful and friendly - the location was amazing!

• -

the towel deposit and voucher system - very inconsistent

March 11, 2016
    Jan United States of America
  • Santosha Barbados

Saint Andrew, Barbados

• +

The people, setting and services. It suited my needs well.

No complaints

March 29, 2015
    Geoff United Kingdom
  • Brechin Castle

• +

I liked the location, the hospitality was great and the overall ambience was cool and relaxing.

March 7, 2016
    IDRIS Trinidad and Tobago
  • Merriville Guest House

Average Review Score: 7.9
    • +

Easy access to all amenities, nice area, comfortable and clean surroundings. Hospitable host

March 6, 2016
    joann Trinidad and Tobago
  • Sugar Bay Barbados - All Inclusive

• +

The staff were really friendly, the rooms were beautiful and really well kept. Had a lovely time and would love to come back on holiday.

• -

There was one instance where I was told to wait for a table at the Reef at the bar and I noticed the hostess seating people who arrived after me first. So I had to go and inform her I was still to be seated, and she still seated someone else in front of me! Also WiFi was basic - not good for business travellers if you need to upload/download files and no other computer facilities on site.

January 11, 2016
    Shauna Ireland
  • Ferienwohnung Barbados - Bed and Breakfast

• +

This is an incredible place clean well located. Beautiful seeview Will return for sure! We really enjoyed our stay and recommend it to anyone who is in search of something amazing!

muhammad Italy
  • Rest Haven Beach Cottages

• +

The manager was very accommodating and the ocean view was superb.It was a peaceful and relaxing place.

May 18, 2016
    Sunshine_31 Canada
  • Clearwater Apartments

• +

The cool sea breeze which often blows to keep me cool all the time whilst the heat becomes to over bearing,The staff were very friendly

• -

I did not like the distance I had to walk for the local transport,but in the end I enjoyed the journey because it keeps me fit

October 3, 2016
    Okeefe United Kingdom

• +

Everything about the place was great. Great location for the St. Laurence Gap, easy access to Oistins, Bridgetown, and the beach. Place is huge.

• -

The beds were so hard we put towels and cushions on them. They really, really, hurt and I like hard beds. These were just hard as rock.

December 21, 2016
    Jordan United States of America
  • South Gap Hotel

Average Review Score: 8.2
    • +

Location, bedroom view if your room has ocean view. There's a restaurant with great meals and drinks with a pool. Cool staff.

• -

Too noisy. If you want to rest, there is a bar in front of the hotel that plays very loud music all night long. Not a place for rest. There is no beach in front the hotel (no sand), you have to walk 150 mts to get to dover beach.

May 9, 2015
    Anonymous Brazil
  • Coral Sands Beach Resort

• +

The hotel is located right on a beach, with the beautiful views. Quite location. Very helpful, friendly personnel. Reasonably good restaurants in close proximity. Kitchenette in the room. Easy & inexpensive (1 USD) transportation to Bridgeport and to Oistins.

• -

Small swimming pool. Strong water current in front of the hotel, so that one is pooled aside (not to the ocean).

January 19, 2016

MM United States of America
  • White Sands Beach Condos

Average Review Score: 9.6

• -

There wasn't anything we didn't like about our trip to Barbados.

April 26, 2015
    Joseph United States of America
  • Gobajac Guest Apartments

• +

The unit was clean with air conditioning, nice furniture, nice large bathrooms, large modern kitchen with linen changing and light cleaning every three days. Ms. Small would check to make sure everything was ok. We were welcomed when we arrived and the apartment had breakfast food, beer and drinks to get us started. There was a washer and dryer.

• -

The air conditioning in the master bedroom didn't cool that well and every time you opened the bathroom door the unit would automatically shut off and had to be turned back on. I didn't like being in the upper apartment because of the outside steps. The dryer was not working. The apartment was far away from everything, but we did have a vehicle. Could not watch television in the bedroom because it did not have local channels it was only for watching movies, which we couldn't get it to work.

March 24, 2016

October 5, 2015
    Taylor United States of America
  • Best E Limited

• +

We like Best E villa almost everything. Errol kindly provided us pick up from airport and drive to airport on the departure day. Peoples in Barbados are lovely, water sports are fantastic. We really enjoyed our holiday!

April 13, 2015

michele United Kingdom
  • Santosha Barbados

Saint Andrew, Barbados

• +

The people, setting and services. It suited my needs well.

No complaints

muhammad Italy
  • JersonApartments

Average Review Score: 9.8
    • +

We rented a car from the airport and the apartment was simple to find without GPS. It was located very close (+/-5 min. drive) to grocery stores and a mall, ABC Highway, and the airport. A really clean, comfortable apartment with great amenities including pots and pans, casserole/ ceramic/glass dishes, coffee maker, blender, utensils, great A/C, beach towels, sheets, HDMI TV, cleaning products, parking..... My wife and I were very content. We were impressed with the attention to detail put into making the apartment more of a home -- and not just a place to stay. Kent and Diana are very accommodating, warm, and sociable people. We really enjoyed our time here. If we ever return to Barbados, we would definitely stay at Jerson Apartments.. Thank you for the hospitality.

• -

Everything was great. No problems.

July 17, 2016
    Robert United States of America
  • Port St. Charles

• +

The staff was very helpful, nice, caring and generous. They provide a very personal treatment. Shakera from the reception was incredible helpful and nice. Adrian the captain of the water taxi makes you feel like home and give you a very nice and positive Caribbean energy. The apartment was incredible spacious and with all we needed to make our stay perfect. The marina with its restaurant and views is really beautiful. Beautiful and quiet beach.

April 18, 2016
    Jean United States of America
  • Best E Villas Prospect

Saint Michael, Barbados

• +

Large place at a very reasonable price. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We didn't have a car and stayed just one night. It would be great for a multiple night stay.

March 20, 2016
    Barbara United States of America
  • Annwin Apartment

Average Review Score: 9.7
    • +

John and Pat were very welcoming and presented a most attractive property with some outstanding features. On the surface there was everything you should need and more. However this was spoilt by the problems we found.

• -

What let this property down was the lack of hot water to all taps except the showers. The showers provided warm water but only if the water pressure was low. Both the plugs in the hand basins and 1 sink needs to be replaced. The washing m/c leaks and looses water onto the kitchen floor causing a potential accident. You need a car to get up the hill unless you are very fit and do not mind carrying the shopping up a long hill. There is a building site next door and cockerels that start crowing about 3 AM so sleep is an issue.

January 9, 2016
    Chris United Kingdom
  • Shades

• +

Jackie is a doll. She is super friendly and always ready to assist. Miss her already

August 9, 2016

December 21, 2016
    Jordan United States of America
  • Lei-Ann's Vacation Rentals

• +

I love the hospitality of the owners... felt very welcomed

January 17, 2017
    Nioka Saint Vincent & Grenadines
  • Apartment 2 Lot 4 Maxwell Meadows

Average Review Score: 9.9
    • +

I loved this beautiful apartment, the location was off the main road so it was convenient to get out and jump on a bus or a taxi or ZR. The bathroom was beautiful and amazingly done. The host was very helpful and extremely caring.

• -

Honestly I don't have a lot to complain about, maybe being right on the beach would obviously be great but it wasn't far from one of the most beautiful beaches in Barbados called Miami Beach which was a 5 to 7 minute drive away.

February 22, 2017
    Lisa Canada
  • Morris Apartments

• +

Bob arranged an excellent stay for me with transport from the airport and provided lots of information on tours etc. Apartment is in a quiet location with great views of the sunsets on the west coast. Would love to return in the future.

March 11, 2017
    Simon United Kingdom
  • Coral Sands Beach Resort

January 19, 2016
    Anonymous Sweden
  • The Atlantis Hotel

• +

Excellent staff, excellent service! Beautiful setting, away from tourist centers. Made for relaxing.

March 12, 2016
    Anonymous United States of America
  • Cobblers Cove

• +

Location, views, rooms, facilities, food. Staff were extremely nice and accommodating.

November 27, 2016