Reviews of El Roy

Calle Garcia Moreno entre Salinas y Morales, 100350 Cotacachi, Ecuador

#2 of 13 hotels in Cotacachi

9.8

• January 27, 2017

The beds were comfortable, the breakfasts were great with fresh fruit, juice and eggs, and the breakfast rolls were so fresh. The owners were so hospitable and treated us like good friends. We had dinner together and played card games. A lot of this depends on your attitude and willingness to interact with them in a similar manner. Their English isn't good and neither was our Spanish but they tried to communicate with us. We had no trouble at all.

• August 11, 2016

• Deluxe Room

Nothing to complain about at all

This place really needs to be told about. This was a luxurious place to stay. Rooms were beautiful very comfortable. Nice furniture. It looked very new.Lovely marble tile floors. Great breakfast. Lovely staff. Helps if you know a bit of Spanish. Best value for money I've found in Ecuador. .

• August 7, 2016

• Deluxe Room

Couldn't get a receipt upon check-in or even check out. Therefore I believe I checked in with $100.00 cash. Upon checkout they said I checked in with $80.00. Left a bad taste in my mouth. A receipt would have eliminated this discrepancy. I also couldn't find an English station anywhere on the TV. No Satellite guide was available.

Location, clean, for the most part friendly except the checkout mentioned in the don't like section.

• June 14, 2016

• Superior King Suite

Room was great but the bed was a little too hard for most.

Great place to rest up. Very attentive staff and manager. Very quiet. Good location, close walking distance to everything in town.

• April 17, 2016

• Deluxe Room

There is no English spoken here. Anita tries and is lovely. Has to go pick up her children for about 20 minutes each day, which means, if you are out and about, you can't get in at that time. Must ring a bell to enter the property.

Clean, friendly, accommodating. Pleasant homemade breakfast at a very reasonable price.

• April 11, 2016

• Deluxe Room

Extremely noisy neighborhood. Buses come rumbling in and out very close by, honking their horns. The people across the street partied loudly until after 06:00 one morning. The other people have several trucks that they are always backing in or out. One truck's motor makes another's alarm go off. Every time. Terrible choice of location to put a hotel where people expect to do what, exactly....sleep. It was either a long wait for hot water to come through the pipes, or one day, it didn't come through at all.

Warm bedding.

• March 15, 2016

• Deluxe Room

It is a hidden gem in the heart of Cotacachi. Very close to the town square and shopping street. It is a very clean hotel run by a local friendly couple.

• March 12, 2016

• Deluxe Room

The warmth & friendliness from all was wonderful for our entire stay. We were met graciously by the owner & given a tour of the grounds. Afterwards, we were shown all the various fruit trees in his back yard. There's a little patio overlooking the back where we had a nice breakfast the following morning The entire hotel/hostel was immaculately clean . El Roy is on a quiet street conveniently located few blocks from bus station, large church& park, center of town. We would definitely stay there again on a visit to Cotacachi

• February 29, 2016

• Deluxe Room

This new and lovely hotel is sparkly clean and very comfortable. The breakfast served by Anita is delicious, and Colonel Ramon Sanchez is a gracious host who goes out of his way to make guests comfortable.

• January 15, 2016

• Deluxe Room

I stayed at El Roy for 11 nights and had an outstanding experience. Having been a business traveler for over 30 years, I know what is important to me while staying at a hotel. El Roy is extremely clean with a great bed and plenty of hot water. I always felt very safe. My breakfast was prepared fresh each morning and I enjoyed every bite. Roman treated me like family and I felt very welcomed. No doubt I will return to stay at El Roy again!

• September 6, 2015

• Deluxe Room

Everything. El Roy's centrally located to most of Cotacahi's points of interest. Friendliness and hospitality of Col. Roman Sanchez, the owner and Ana who made us very good breakfast during our stay and attended to our needs. Clean and homey place to stay and great value for the money. Will stay there again and recommend to friends.

• January 11, 2017

There was a lot of street noise both late and early

The owners were very helpful and friendly

• August 13, 2016

• Deluxe Room

The place is presented as new. Great locality. Friendly and helpful manager and staff. Good breakfast.

• July 4, 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

There was a festival ongoing and the owner volunteered to move us to a room on the rear away from the street

• February 25, 2016

Nothing. Very accommodating.

Comfy beds, great view from roof, secure parking.

• August 16, 2015

• Deluxe Room

Home-like atmosphere in a clean and peaceful neighborhood.

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.