Reviews of Hotel Best Cambrils 4 stars

Avenida Diputacion, 141, 43850 Cambrils, Spain

#53 of 76 hotels in Cambrils

• 8 October 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

Miserable staff, we came to the conclusion that the company policy forbade the staff to communicate with the clients. Terrible reception procedures. Shame, the hotel is passable.

• 22 September 2016

RIGHT NEXT TO THE TRAIN LINE THE VIEW FROM THE ROOM ST IN TO THE YARD WHERE THE BIN LORRYS EMPTY THERE RUBBISH SO DONT ASK FOR ROOM 183 THE HOTEL NEEDS REBFURB THE FOOD NOT GOOD VERY RUN DOWN WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN FOR 900EUROS EXPECTED BETTER .VERY DISPOINTED.

THE PICTURE OF THE HOTEL LOOKED BETTER THAN THE REAL THING

• 17 September 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

Staff in restaurant efficient, but could be friendlier

Plenty of choice in restaurant. Hotel in a quiet area but close to beach and neighbouring towns of salou and cambrils

• 16 September 2016

• Family
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Staff at the reception wasn't particularly friendly. If you are all inclusive and stay at the hotel most of the time maybe it's ok but if you wish to go out more often in the evenings I would suggest to pick location closer to Cambrils or Salou. Hotel Best Cambrils is right in the middle between those two and now way you could walk there.

Distance to the beach, fridge in the room and available parking however very expensive. Amazing gift shop just at the doorstep.

• 13 September 2016

I requested an early check as my mother was with me and is recovering from open heart surgery when we got to the reception desk we were greeted by Isabel who wasn't one bit nice and said our room would not be ready for another 90 mins we had to wait.after 90mins of sitting in the hot lobby with no air con I had to ask again twice was our room ready , also I requested a pool view but Isabel informed me I had only booked a standard room ,to my knowledge the rooms are all the same , I had requested the pool view when I booked months previous, both my requests were not met . The pool area was very packed and at times very loud but sun loungers where comfortable and plenty of umbrellas.

Great hotel, clean safe , food was great .

• 8 September 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

The evening food wasn't great found we couldn't fill ourselves up asome found the food was mostly aimed towards locals

Extended balcony at no extra was a nice surprise. Pool view was good and drinks where reasonably priced

• 29 August 2016

• Family
    • Triple Room with Pool View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Pool so busy, but to be expected, grumpy managers in restaurant, workers in restaurant were good though. English quite poor throughout all the staff within the hotel, only couple of younger male staff on reception had a little grasp of it.

Nice size room, with the bigger balcony, great choice of foods, bike hire was excellent from the hotel, close to beech. Bus right outside hotel towards either Cambrils or Salou, with Bus Plana shop right across road. All in all I would go again in the future.

• 21 August 2016

• Family
    • Triple Room with Pool View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Some reception staff not friendly. Breakfast staff a bit pushy. Wifi intermittent.

Pool was great and room was nice. First floor with pool view is the best if you can get it.

• 9 August 2016

• Family

I have never met hospitality staff at reception so rude in all my life haven't travelled a lot. One girl on reception yesterday called Marina was the rudest person I even met . No way suited to her job. We got a room with no door on the bathroom I complained they said no other room. I think this is digracful as there where 3 of us in the room .no privatacy to use bathroom . I would never stay here again . Such a let down after booking with u last week and stayed in gold river hotel in portaventura . I was trying to give the teenagers a good holiday as I had cancer last year and was making up for not having a holiday last year. I wasted 234 euro of my hard earned money on this one night . Compared to 290 for one night in gold river such good value . So disappointed we left first thing yesterday

Nice pool staff at pool bar and inside bar very nice . A lot of games for teenagers

• 6 August 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

The air conditioner wasn't very good, despite several complaints. Also the fridge wasn't cold at all

The location was excellent. Very convenient for the local buses and places to eat

• 2 August 2016

• Family
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Dirty rooms non English speaking staff on reception, horrible all inclusive food no option for people with allergies

Good location near to beach and friendly bar staff

• 29 July 2016

• Family
    • Double Room with Pool View (3 Adults + 1 Child)

The beds were too hard, like sleeping on a rock. Walls are thin so you can here other people talking in other rooms, also snooring and alarmklocks. A little to expensive on softdrinks in the poolbar if you don't have all-inclusive. The buffet restsurant is very noicy, barely able to have conversation.

Nice location close to beach. Easy to take the bus to Salou, Cambrils, Tarragona, Barcelona and Port Aventura. All bus stops just outside the hotel. Also nice walk to Salou or Cambrils. The buffet restaurant has a good variety.

• 17 July 2016

• Family

Food on half board a lot of repetition. Sun beds up on top of each other in poor area. Paid for 3 Adults two double beds pushed together so room pretty crammed.

Proximity to beach.

• 4 July 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

The rooms were not great at all- we only had 1 towel for 2 people and they barely cleaned our rooms, the TV had very few channels and not hotel phone: The Wifi barely worked and was so so slow. The food was aweful and no room at pool?! Carpet in halls smelled and beds were Rock's. This should be rated a 2 star hotel!!!!

That it was close to the beach and had parking

• 3 July 2016

• Family

We where a family of 10 including grandparents and children (4 ,8,11) we had full bord but the food choice and quality was not good the menu was repetitive on a daily basis and the meat provided was not edible plus the hot food became cold very quick a lot more work is needed on the daily menus with more variety and better quality of products. The swimming pool temperature was far too cold to enjoy especially for the younger kids. There was very little facilities for older children (11-13) The nightly entertainment was ok but enjoyed mainly by the young kids Staff in the restaurant where generally rude and unfriendly but here where a couple of exceptions.... Overall we enjoyed our stay as a large family but the selection and quality of food needs attention

The location is great, the property and facilities are kept very clean the house keeping staff very polite and friendly and do a great job with the cleanliness of the rooms

• 2 July 2016

• Family
    • Double Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

Baby changing area was in ladies toilets in lobby, it would be more practical if it was accessible for dads to give mum a break,

AS a family holiday BEST CAMBRILS is an excellent choice, bus stop outside door, beach 5 min walk, the selection ,variety and standard of food at meal times is of the highest standard.Staff were extremely helpful and professional.I would stay again and would recommend

• 30 June 2016

• Family

The food could be improved and offer a better selection.

Convenient for beach, buses, nice walks and the relaxing nature of the hotel and its locality.

• 21 May 2016

• Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No privacy on balcony. No quiet place to sit in the evening for anyone who didn't want to experience the entertainment. Some hooks in the bathroom would be useful.

Excellent food and good selection

• 29 April 2016

Room was not up to standard for a 4 star. Bit cramped. Two small single beds pull together. One thing pillow. Need to do a lot more with the room.

Meals were excellent. There were plenty of variety and quantity. They made an effort to do something different every day.

• 26 April 2016

Definitely the worst customer service! People working there are on the verge of bringing the business down because of their intolerance to people. They literally threw me out of the hotel room, opened the door with the key and insisted on leaving until I would check out. We stayed 2 nights and neither of the nights we had the cleaning coming to our room. Even the waitors did not want to serve us waiter or wine, and this was to additional cost with the food.There was no tolerance on any sight, and always with a angry face and hated to be bothered. It is just crazy how this hotel still stands and manages to get people. I hope to never encounter such a bad experience ever again. The rooms are dirty and dusty, there are no water boiler or mini fridge in the room. The food on the hotel buffe (we had breakfast and dinner) is disgusting, only fried stuff and cheap food. I eat better at McDonalds. And imagine then that I hate McDonalds. You do the math - if you manage to put one and one together - do not go here!!!

I liked everything that did not have to do with the hotel, like the beach and the restaurants outside. Cambrils is an amazing beautiful place to visit.

• 15 September 2015

• Double Room with Pool View

Some reception staff poor ,had to ask for basic information.entertainment Total flop. All shows were by same people,great for kids.

Good pool, food hall supervisor great.

• 9 August 2015

• Family
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Always dirty dishes; Pool area is much too small for the amount of people; Parking was 15 Euro per day; Save was also on extra charge

Close to the beach; Room change to first floor was possible without any problem;

• 9 August 2015

• Double Room with Pool View

No tea making facilities althought you could hire a kettle it would be nice for people not on all inclusive to have that facility option .

Location and staff excellent . Cleanliness and just about everything

• 15 June 2015

• Family

Breakfast was not nice we paid for it and end up going elsewhere after the first morning. Male receptionist could not understand me and told me to que again on the next line that he only spoke Spanish or russain this was said to me in English. The lady before me also spoke English and he dealt with her for 5 minutes he was very rude until a male member of our party came to see what the problem was he understood him straight away.

Entertainment for children at night. The pool area is very clean with life guards on duty. Bar staff and cleaners lovely people. I would stay here again with my family the location is not in the middle of any busy bars and the beach is only metres away. :)

• 13 June 2015

• Double Room with Pool View

Staff efficient but one or two not very friendly

Great food. Great location. Situated between salou and cambrils. Bus stops right outside hotel. Beach very close.

• 30 September 2016

take a swimming pool view only, cause we got a garbage skip view at first with all the seafood smell... so paid extra to move.

• 27 July 2016

• Family

The building and overall facilities are a bit old and dated.

Service was ok and it is very close to the beach.

• 26 July 2016

• Family

I felt like i was on a ship cruise. Noise levels too high. Pillows not great. No carpaggio.

Pool aerobics

• 10 July 2016

Staff could have a little more English. Sky news/sports on tv

Food was great. Staff were helpful

• 9 July 2016

Breakfast was poor tasteless or badly cooked but massive selection they should try less selection but higher quality

• 16 June 2016

Nothing to dislike

It was clean friendly and very accommodating, great location everything you need close by the beach only a minute walk away.

• 26 May 2016

Entertainment terrible

Every aspect of the hotel great

• 18 October 2015

• Family
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Narrow room. Small car parking

Close to the sea. Good breakfast

• 3 October 2015

food was repetative.

location near beach handy for bus to salou and cambrils

• 14 June 2015

• Double Room with Pool View

The location of the hotel. The view of the pool and the sea from our room was wonderful to wake up to.

• 5 October 2014

Room was very close to the street so not a lot of privacy. Wooden floor was not swept enough. A lot of dust under the bed.

The room was very comfortable. Food was lovely. Pool area very clean. Staff very friendly.

• 7 September 2014

They should warn guests been put in the back rooms of the trains which go most nights every half hour. No in room tea and coffee facilities. Drinking glasses never replaced during a 10 day stay .. had to buy plastic cups. Hotel dinners were not the best.

Hotel staff were always helpful and friendly

• 26 August 2014

• Family

Staff apart from 1 waitress in the restaurant and hotel room was no where up to the 4 star mark. I travelled with my 10yr old daughter and there wasn't much for her at the dinner buffet

The swimming pool

• 30 July 2014

• Family

When we arrived were put into a room overlooking a shop and street.. We paid a lot of money for our holiday so the hotel changed us which cost us extra. Food very Spanish very little for Irish and expensive..

Pool facilities very good and clean room cleaned everyday..

• 10 July 2014

All 4 nights immediately charged on credit card at check-in without explanation, consequently no check-out procedure, i.e. you are in many ways checked out when you check in. Cleaning personnel not respecting "do not disturb", entering the room and insisting. 50 Euro cash deposit for bike rental, no cash available at less than 2km. Coffee undrinkable

• 3 July 2014

The staff not being able to understand English at times. My grand son came to the hotel with his parents and brothers we were all going to have some food. The children went outside with their grandad and the 8 year old was at a goalpost put his hand on the top of it and and it fell over on him crushing his 2 fingers. They ran into reception and was first handed a band aid, my son shouted for a towel and said ring an ambulance. They phoned a taxi that took him to the medical centre. Next day my daughter in law went up and asked to speak to a manager and was told no manager on Mondays but a young woman came out. She saw a manager next day and got no satisfaction from him either. He said my family needed permission to be on the premises ad they were not guests. Outside the hotel there was an advertisement for a buffet meal for 12 euro. I don't think people ask permission when going in for a drink in the bar. When myself and my husband were checking out I gave the number of our room they never asked if everything was ok or did we enjoy our stay that's how rude they were.

• 20 May 2014

Food was a disaster . Really terrible meat selection i.e.. pigs trotters , offal, etc.. We used this hotel last year it has changed completely . Grounds are basic .Sun loungers are v old broken and dirty. Children's pool was v dirty .

Location was excellent . Half way to Salou and Cambrills. Rooms were cleaned everyday.

• 18 May 2014

Given that Spain is a major producer of oranges, fresh orange juice would have been appreciated instead of the poor imitation produced by the drinks machine.

I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel from the moment we checked in until we checked out again the following morning. I only wish we had been able to spend a longer time. The staff members at reception were friendly and attentive, the public areas and the room were very clean and well equipped, the selection of food both at dinner and breakfast was excellent.

• 15 May 2014

• Family

Some of the staff were not very friendly especially the receptionist which is the face of the hotel not very welcoming

Location was great and choice of food

• 30 September 2014

This hotel was in an ideal location but also in a quiet area. It was great.

• 24 August 2014

this is not a 4 star hotel. Meal time/no food for infants if you are not Spanish.

• 6 July 2014

Hard Beds, not too comfortable

Choices in the restaurant were excellent The staff were very friendly and helpful

• 5 June 2014

Distance to room from lift. Out-look from balcony at rear of hotel.

Poolside bar with snacks

• 27 May 2014

Long distance from Cambrils centre. Hefty car park charges.

Pleasant reception staff. Good pool and public areas.

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.