Reviews of Senator Barajas 4 stars

Galeón, 27, Barajas, 28042 Madrid, Spain

#296 of 326 hotels in Madrid

• January 16, 2017

• Double Room (1 Adult)

My room was hot and they had no single sheet, only a hot duvet.

The shuttle bus was free- leaving and returning from the airport ever hour. Restaurants downstairs.

• January 13, 2017

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The hotel is about 2 miles from airport in the middle of a suburb and is very far to be 4 stars The standards are low, old and bad maintained and uncomfortable bed. It's too far for a walk but the shuttle stops working about 12 I arrive later and had to pay 20 pounds for a taxi just for these 2 miles!!! The hotel hasn't got early breakfast opening for travellers as expected on an Airport hotel, I had to leave about 5 and the only option is a coffee machine and some treats Never more :-(

Actually nothing

• January 10, 2017

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

No restaurants open until 4 hours after arrival. Unhelpful staff. Poor facilities. Bathroom had shoe cleaning sponge, comb, and shower cap - not my experience of 4 star accommodation. Poor location.

Clean, spacious room and shower room. Good shuttle service to airport.

• January 6, 2017

• Family

Rooms are ready for renovation, old furniture, disaster of pillows, uncomfortable beds.

Quite good breakfast, excellent hotel bar with great offer, super professional and kind staff. Very helpfull reception staff.

• January 5, 2017

• Double Room (1 Adult)

I was robbed at the airport before I arrived and had no money or cards. Fortunately the booking was a pre-paid arrangement. The staff helped me arrange getting to where I needed to be the next day knowing that I had no money.

• January 4, 2017

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There are too few people at the reception, you need to wait a long time for asking questions.

The location is good, very close to the airport. The facilities are complete.

• January 1, 2017

• Double Room (1 Adult)

This is not necessarily the hotel's fault, as it is a non smoking establishment, but they could have done a better job of cleaning a room where prior guests had smoked. The mattress was too firm for my taste, but it could be fine for other people.

The first room I was assigned smelled of cigarette smoke. I told staff and was quickly given a different room. The front desk staff was very courteous and responsive to all of my other requests, such as printing my boarding pass. Free airport shuttle. Well appointed room.

• January 1, 2017

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel states it's 1.5 km from airport however it depends what Termnal It offers a 24 hour pick up or drop off to airport. We waited 50 minutes for pick up after 3 calls to hotel and then did a whole trip of Terminals before we finally arrived at hotel Extremely noisy could hear people in room next door talking. And TV etc We called reception from our room at 12 .10 am no one bothered to pick up Just as well it wasn't an emergency Definatly would not recommend this hotel for service

Nice large comfortable room

• December 31, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Nobody was picking the phone when I tried to arrange the hotel transfer. Ended up paying 25 euros for the taxi,the drive was literally 7 minutes. The bed wasn't comfortable, couldn't sleep well. The room looked very outdated and it smelled like someone was smoking there, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Passable to spend one night, not more.

Close to the airport.

• December 30, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Very clean and close to the metro station, the staff were supportive

Everything was good. The shuttle service was unclear but we were lucky to catch a bus right passing the airport doors. So we did not wait or look for.

• December 30, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Everything was great, I had one day stop in Madrid therefore I had a need to book hotel. Therefore, Diana hotel was a good choice, close to airport, value for money, clean, close to subway, we got free pick up by hotel from airport and to airport.

• December 29, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Check-in procedure was terrible. Two people on the desk but it took 30 minutes as each check-in seemed to take an age. After a nine hour journey, this was not what I needed.

Happy to welcome my dogs.

• December 27, 2016

• Family

We called the hotel for shuttle bus 2 times and still waited in the chilly wind for 1 hour. The staff is not friendly and helpful.

Price is reasonable.

• December 25, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I wrote in the booking request about early check in, but didn't get the answer and when arrived in the morning after long tiring trip got to wait 3 hours to get a room. In the restaurant got raw chicken wings and waiter even didn't ask why I do not eat, I just got to pay for it. Probably it wasn't my luckiest day. :(

Room is very clean, that was nice. My room key didn't work and I was so tired, I was lucky to meet very polite technician who took care about it and I didn't need to go downstairs.

• December 24, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Because it's so close to the airport it takes a bit of time to get to the center of Madrid. Thank heavens there's a great metro system!

Appreciated being neat the airport and the free shuttle to Barajas. Also there were many options for meals on site.

• December 23, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

we arrived at 10 pm for a few hours rest in between flights early flight at 6am. reception area full of persons wanting to book in one person working behind desk disgusting 1and half hour to book in totally unacceptable.No tea making facility .WHY

Nothing sorry .transfer to airport was good

• December 23, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Check in was really bad. You need to improve this. People stay with you because they are in a hurry.

We like the balcony that comes with the room. The free shuttle service was a good treat. We didn't like that it took nearly an hour to check in. There wasn't that much people and we think it could have been done much faster.

• December 22, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Tucked in a residential area this comfortable facility was a few moments from the airport It's a bit dated but well kept with a number of eateries in the building

• December 17, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

A 4 star hotel really should have duvets and not blankets. So outdated in this respect.

Breakfast was great with lots of options and good quality. Great tapas bar on site. Good shuttle bus available.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

even if comfortable, the bar serves only evidently frozen and re-heated food of rather debatable quality...

very close to airport with optimal shuttle bus service. Ideal for overnight flight connections... the bar at the hall is open until late night, perfect for a quick dinner...

• Double Room (1 Adult)

After arriving to T4, I had to wait for the hotel shuttle for more than an hour. After calling several timea directly to the hotel I got no response. Finally I called Customer Service (found that in Hotel webaite) they told me that there was no shuttle from T4, only T1 and T2. Two hours and half after landing I arrived to thw Hotel. I complained about the phone and they told me that the phone had no troubles, maybes it was mine :-( The breakfast was so, so. I found dirty plates and I have stayed in hotels where the breakfast have been much better (tasting, cleaning). I checked out the room at 12:00 as normal and since I had to run some errands, I left my baggage in the Hotel. They didn't ask me for a ticket or some kind of baggage identification, they just dropped me a key and I left my baggage there. I could have taken any other and they wouldn't have realised. Fortunately, my baggage was there when I picked it up. I asked them for a Taxi, but just told me to wait for one outside the Hote and here I am waiting again. Definitely I didn't have a good experience here. They have to improve.

The location. This hotel has a few close locals like restaurants, tapaa bar, cafeteria.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The Staff in the Bar were not at all friendly towards my colleague in relation to a video we were making that we had asked permission to use the chair by the Christmas Tree it was embarrassing to see how rude the lady was towards my colleague. If I spoke the language I would have asked her to discontinue that treatment. Also when we wanted a Taxi we were told that they were down the street well we walked and walked. I don' understand why the Receptionist did not just phone a Taxi for us.

The accommodation is very near the Airport

• December 12, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Really close to the airport and the shuttle service works at almost all hours. Perfect if you need to stay for a night when you have an early flight in the next morning.

• December 7, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Check in took to much time. I could not find point why everyone need to waint in queue in order to check in. In other hotel you can simply leave your documents and receive keys immediately. We were also waiting more then 1h for a minibus from the airport, no matter hotel is less then 1km from there. No one picked up the phone!

• December 5, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The staff was not friendly, they didn't smile at all, was not very helpful. Everyone looked kinda upset about something :(.

Close to airport, good price, free shuttle service to airport (but you have to call them to pick you up at the airport, it is NOT 45 mins interval), I wasted an hour waiting for the hotel shuttle bus that I thought would come once every 45 mins, this is NOT the case. Because I had no phone plan, I couldn't call them and ended up having to pay around 25€ to get to the hotel.

• December 2, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

I felt breakfast could be included for what I paid, very noisey hotel, as in not much respect from others staying there.

Great if you have an early flight etc. Free airport transfers.

• December 1, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The room has no views, nevertheless I never book a hotel room to spend my holidays inside it

Great location!! Close to San Miguel market, Plaza Mayor, Sol and all the turistic places in Madrid. Perfect for a long weekend trip.

• November 27, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Staff were terrible!! We had booked this hotel because of the reviews and free shuttle bus and were told to call the hotel upon arrival. There was no one answering the phone, so no shuttle bus. We had to take a taxi and paid Eur. 35 for a 10min drive! Upon arrival at the hotel, we checked in and nobody was willing to help with the suitcases (we are both 70 year old ladies with walking disabilities). The receptionist kept saying he was too busy to help (9 people in line) and if not happy, we could speak to the manager the next day. The next morning we were told that the shuttle bus departed at 5.45am or 6.30am, we were downstairs at 6am to take the 6.30am. The bus departed at 7.15am (to T1) and we nearly missed our flight! Never stay in this place!! Worst customer service EVER!

Close to airport.

• November 25, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

When arriving it appeared that the hotel was not that near to termainal of the (huge) airport and we had to wait transport which was not easily found. Arriving with the bus there was a huge cue and only one officer to register people.

location near airport and breakfast early morning

• November 24, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Check in staff, miserable and stood waiting for ages.

For a cheap airport hotel this place is brilliant. Good choice of restaurants and bars and the place is huge.

• November 21, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Not really negative, but you must know: This hotel builts its business to the vicinity of the airport and the guest coming for a little time only, perhaps leaving also early in the morning. So, do not be surprised that you must pay in advance and will find no minibar in the room. However, there is no queue upon check-out!

Good hotel with a spacious room and an elegant bathroom. The free transfer service to the airport is convenient. There is a good variety of restaurant in the same building. Also, you can enjoy a fitness room.

• November 16, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

If you find another hotel (anyone) at the same price, go for it with no regretes. It will be the best well spent money ever! First of all, in the night when we arrived at the airport, we try to phone the hotel for getting informations regarding when and where is the shuttle bus stop and when it comes. We tried around one hour and about 40 roaming calls to the hotel. The robot answeres and said to hold the line and... nothing. It's inaceptable for a wanna-be 4sars hotel in Madrid to call for help an hour and nobody answers. Finally we manage to get to the hotel where is a line by around 20people at the reception dooing check in and only one employe. We take this line for around another 2 hours. In the reception lobby it stinks verry bad of over fried oil from some kitchens or something and even my liver throws when i get into the room. Room was actually correct clean but (was mid november) very cold! We start the heating AC but all it had do is to rise the temperature with max 2/3 degrees. Very bad hotel, very bad personal! Stay away from this hotel!

• November 7, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Shuttle bus needs to stop every terminal (based on the requirement of the passengers).So if you are hurry in the morning, it is better to use TAXI from the hotel.

The breakfast starts from 5:30 and the taste was really delicious!!

• November 3, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Bed smelled like urine. Wi-fi didn't work. Very long line at check-in with one person behind the desk! She was nice but not reasonably able to handle so many people.

• November 1, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

front desk seemed bothered to have to help, When calling from airport to get a shuttle, first call rang for 12 minutes but was never answered. Second call worked after 2 minutes.

room was good size for the price.it had both a safe and a refrigerator

• October 31, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There was nothing to dislike about this hotel. I would go again.

Huge bed.... Nice hotel close to the metro station making it very easy to get into Madrid

• October 30, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

They couldn't provide wheelchair assistance and didn't have Bell Boys or any other staff to assist a person with special needs travelling alone. Not very friendly people in the front desk and no willingness to help a person in distress whatsoever. I was really disappointed as I consider accessibility an essential part of any establishment, specially if they have certain ranking. You should definitely address this problem and have at least one wheelchair for emergencies.

The facilities are alright and the room is quite spacious.

• October 29, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Wifi speed was simply unacceptable. old furniture. air conditiong not working, plugs located in wrong places in room. not worth at all for a very expensive price.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

A lot of the restaurants that are advertise in the website are closed

It's one of the few hotel where you can have breakfast before 8:00am on a weekend. Free transfers to the airport

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The bus to and from airport comes only one bus per hour, so you have to wait a long time, to long. Spanish people don't speak English, so Spanish language is a must.

Even if is closed to airport, is a silent area.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The air conditioner did not work. Will blow hot air instead of cool air. Had to open balcony so can have some air. Very old hotel even if some renovation had. But the smell of cigarets stays there. Pics are old. Maybe some time was 4 stars. I wouldn't give one now. A hostal is much better. And the price abusive because there was a Fair nearby. Not even offer breakfast. Some of the staff seemed like obstinate having to lead with to many people, other staff compensate the bad mood. Only for those that had reserved long time and payed chip got buffet breakfast included. Shame because they could give as a compliment because they charged expensive cause of the Fair. But for last minute not worth the money.

If only for transit, the restaurants R ok.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Overall it was a good hotel. Our only extra requests were for towels and pillows.

The female staff member who brought us towels and pillows was very welcoming and friendly. We appreciated her kind and happy attitude.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Pillow and bed to soft, seemed old. Room was hot. Hard to contact for shuttle from airport. Taxi was very expensive. Not near center of town, should have disclosed that.

Good location to airport.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We had to wait a long time for registration. There were many people and only one person on the reception.

Good hotel, near the airport for one night is good choice if you have flight early in the morning.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel is located in a residential area, so not too much to do around the hotel. About 300m from the hotel there's a little square with 3 small restaurants. (I Can reccomend restaurante Castilla, Avenida Cantabria in the back of the hotel, find it on tripadvisor) Minus was the pick-up of the shuttle service from the Feria in the evening; Not clear where exactly they pick you up and the distances at the Feria are Huge (North/south entrance, then North entrance left/right side is a big difference in distances to walk). 19:30hrs we were told in the morning, bus arrives at 20.00hrs (people start thinking they missed the bus or are in the wrong place and start walking to find the bus !) This should really be improved.

Decent hotel, not too far from airport and Feria by taxi. Shuttle service in the morning to the Feria/exhibition. Rooms are good, comfortable and clean. On the ground floor there are a few bars/cafetaria's and restaurants. Nothing fancy, but good enough to eat a normal meal.

• October 23, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The front desk seemed very very busy, probably needed more staff?

We really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere in the hotel bar. The lady's memory serving drinks and tapas was incredible. We mainly chose the hotel for the location near the airport, but the room was very nice.

• October 22, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The walls were very thin so could hear everything from the adjoining rooms. Better quality pillows would have been good. And more than one.

Quiet hotel in a good location. Even had a balcony overlooking green space with water.

• October 22, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The hotel is in an industrial area. No sights to see and not easy transport except to airport. Limited food options and what was available was not make on the premises.

Close to airport for an early morning next day flight. The bathroom was clean and good sized. There was a free shuttle to and from airport.

• October 21, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I really think that things were as they should be. I have no complaints whatsoever. I also stayed in this hotel last year and the experience was just as good

What I basically liked most is that everything worked and there were no issues. It was comfortable, the WiFi worked, the bathroom was clean and everything worked fine, bed was comfortable and a nice size, room in a good state, etc. It was also great that the minibar was available and overall good value for money.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The front desk staff were unwelcoming, unfriendly, and not at all helpful.

Good location for airport, but a one hour train ride to the centre of Madrid.

• Family

Dirty walls, smell of smoking, shabby interior. All places to eat on the same poor category. Beds uncomfortable and only one pillow. Washing liquid for everything in one tube. It's not 4 star hotel!

Shuttle service to airport

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Very clean very convenient - shuttle came to the airport immediately when asked Good food in the restaurant Has all working facilities Excelent for overnight stay

• Double Room (1 Adult)

A perfect place to stay near the airport , good pick up and drop off service, buffet breakfast available from 5.30am. Clean , comfortable no complaints at all. Highly recommend it.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The glass bulkhead in the bathtub was not perfectly adjusted so the water from the shower leaked to the floor. The bed base under the mattress seemed a bit unstable.

Bathroom was clean and with all the amenities required. Room was large and comfortable. Shuttle to the airport. Not noisy.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I confirded 3 times my arrival at the aeroport,once from Suisse and two from the aeroport of Madrid ,the bus came and didn't stop to take me.I was waiting to the hotels bus station. Nobody told me where exactly I have to water ,that there are two places for the hotel busses. I took the taxi and at the reception of the hotel they didn't apologize, totally indifferent, it was my problem. Very bad service, no respect to a mother who traveled with her child

• October 16, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Had to phone twice for courtesy bus from the airport - left us waiting there for an hour and a half. Room smelt strongly of stale cigarette smoke which was very unpleasant.

• October 13, 2016

Everything was great

We stayed there, like probably many others, for overnight before the flight, and this is excellent option. It has several restaurants that serve late dinners, great breakfast, starting at 5 am, parking (18 euro), but you can find place on a street near by. Clean, comfortable, recommend.

• October 13, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Some rooms need some TLC :)

Very convenient if you need a night stay when travelling because it is close to the airport and the hotel has a free shuttle bus.

• October 10, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There were advertisements in the hotel for the hotels Japanese restaurant but it had since closed down. Should've taken posters down.

The tapas bar on main level! the snacks and the waiter there were very nice. The staff at the front desk were extremely nice, personable and helpful. Also, the hotels' proximity to airport. Cute plaza a walking distance away

• October 10, 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Even though I requested an early check in when i booked they charged me an extra 20 euro to check in 2 hours early on the day.No other hotel would do that. Check out is 12pm and I checked out at 8.15 am so does that mean i get some money back?? NO!!..then they charged 9.90 for breakfast as that wasn't included either.Hot buffet food was cold and staff were totally miserable.I booked a double bed and got a room with two single very uncomfortable beds.The halls and doors are shabby and the room walls were dirty.When I called about the free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel they said it would be there in 20minutes and 55minutes later it arrived.A very unpleasant stay. luckily it was only one night. Never Again!

• October 8, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

SHuttle didn't come, hotel did not answer the phone when we called from the airport as instructed to request the bus, cost 30 Euros to take a taxi to hotel. Hotel staff unhelpful and disinterested in our problem. Room poor. Bed stiff and uncomfortable. Party next door till 5am , couldn't sleep, flight next day, hotel staff would not help us. This hotel is a factory not interested in guests, hotel and rooms are old, do not recommend. 0 out of 10.

• October 7, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The staff couldn't be bothered to even come around the counter to put our luggage in the luggage room, they just handed us the keys. The beds were dreadful we requested 2 singles were give a double. Pillows very flat. Room was very dingy poor lighting, no mini bar, bathroom has not equipped with enough toiletries, walls, ceiling very very thin checked in at 00:30 had to be up early, 4am could here the rooom above using the toilet let alone flushing, then the shower running as if it was raining hard and we had a glass ceiling. After that quieted down, the cleaners moving around in the hall way and footsteps from room above. Very in comfortable beds and overal experience. Stayed in over 100 hotels only chose as stated 4 stars, but I believe they have a long way to acquire even 3.

Taxi were right outside

• October 6, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Checking in is very slow with staff dealing with telephone calls while you stand waiting. Confusion over booking seats on the transfer bus

Easy access to airport with free transfer

• October 4, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The internet was hard to get on to. I tried and gave up. The beds were basic and interior older and dated.

Loved that it was close to the airport and free shuttle to our flights.

• October 3, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Huge line at the reception - because there was only 1 person working! it's 5 minutes from the airport, obviously peoepol are coming and going 24 h!

A lot of restaurants at the ground floor, good to have choice within one building

• October 3, 2016

• Family

We got our room dirty specially the toilet wasn't clean and no water , then they changed the room after my complain No Porter to take the luggage No fridge in the room Beds wasn't comfort at all

It near to airport otherwise nothing around the hotel like restaurants

• October 2, 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

- The most important one: the internet is almost not working. You pay 100EUR per night & get Internet from the 90s - Too far away from the center - No fridge

- Pretty nice neighborhood - Room is really big & comfortable - Free airport shuttle

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The carpets in the hallways have needed replacement for some time now. Bathroom was adequate, but dated Would prefer individual body wash and shampoo rather than the dispensers

There were several places to eat with in walking distance of the hotel. The swimming pool was inviting the day we were there. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Climate control in room was easy. Views of swimming pool from room balcony. The shuttle service from hotel to Barajas airport very efficient. Staff was polite and efficient

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

It might be a good idea to put a coffee maker in room There us a noise. transmission issue between rooms ie. One can hear all the movremebts of next room

Convenience to airport Very clean Quiet location Bsr staff were excelkebt

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

gruff staff [although the guys in the bars were pretty nice]. my main problem with this hotel was the difficulty REACHING it. i caught public t/port to the airport and then rang the hotel as per their instructions to ask for a shuttle to come and pick me up. [lucky i had roaming - without a phone you'd be stuffed.] i asked them roughly how long it would take and they said they didn't know and hung up. the shuttle never arrived. taxis wouldn't transport me the 1-2 km to the hotel so i ended up walking along the highways without footpaths all the way to the hotel in the dark. now an auspicious start to my otherwise rather good stay there.

Obviously the proximity to the airport was the biggest drawcard and also the free shuttle bus. It was very well-priced and it was actually 100x nicer than the pix suggested. The room had everything i needed and was surprisingly spacious. Plus - BONUS - a balcony that looked out over the airport runways. Finally, there was a whole bunch of bars and restaurants to choose from that enlivened the place and made me feel like i was still in Spain and not in that typical impersonal hinterland of generic airport hotels.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The decor and facilities are slightly 'tired' but for a 1-night stay the hotel is fine and good value

As an overnight stay the Diana was close to the airport. The breakfast buffet had an excellent selection of hot and cold dishes. The shuttle service seemed to work better returning to the airport the next day

• September 30, 2016

• Family

The furnitures are old, the room looks like 3 star not a 4 star hotel.

A good hotel near the airport. 8mins walk to the nearest metro station. It would be a good choice if u are going to take a flight in the morning.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Phone is never answered. Therefore, after three calls (to the number listed at the courtesy shuttle bus stop at Barajas T1, and in my email confirmation) and 30 mins' wait, I took a taxi to the hotel. The check-in queue was long and took 25 mins. Only one person on duty with the phone ringing all the time - unanswered. Upon presentation of my taxi receipt I was reimbursed the 20 euro fare without argument, almost as if it was a routine occurrence. I later needed to ask a question about a morning transfer and returned to Reception to find two staff now on duty but an equally long wait with double the number of increasingly impatient late night travellers trying to check-in. I booked an airport hotel so I didn't have the hassle of getting into the city centre after a long journey late at night. It took longer to get to the Diana and check-in than it would have done to get into town after all.....

Availability of place to get a meal and/or a drink even after arriving late. Good-size room and bathroom. Both were clean.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel staff is rather surly. Everywhere you will find a kind of warning signs; apparently it has had some issues with former guests. Hotel is pritty much dated: old furniture, lots of worn out carpets, damaged doors, walls etc. No safe in room. Avoid spending money at the "gourmet restaurant": very bad service and no gourmet food at all !

Good beds, balcony on the quiet side of the hotel, clean bath room

• Double Room (1 Adult)

In general, the hotel was dated. Internet was poor. I thought i could work from the hotel but due to the poor internet it wasn't really possible. What made it poor was that it regularly didn't load websites. Also, there is no iron in the room. There are stains on the carpet in the hallway. Cleaning personal have their office on the same level as the rooms. They made quite a lot of noise during the day.

Close to the airport (walking distance). Good neighborhood. 5-10 minute walk to the metro.

Browse Senator Barajas Traveler Photo Gallery