Reviews of Hotel Arkada 2 stars

5.2

3.4

• August 4, 2016

• Single Room with Sea View

After being dropped off at the grand entrance, I went to check in. The reception staff then escorted me out of the building, down the hill and around the corner to a completely different building! Different to the pictures I saw when booking, different to the write up, different to what I booked. I feel like this is false advertising. I definitely feel cheated. The bed was one of the worst I've ever had, the staff were so unfriendly (except for Toni, the man in the pool bar, who actually smiled even if he couldn't understand my english) I think it comes down to expectations. They had me thinking I was staying in a certain hotel & ended up giving me something else. I was really let down. Will not stay there again.

Being on the water's edge. The town surrounding is beautiful. Just not the hotel.

• July 31, 2016

• Single Room with Sea View

The room was super hot, and the hot water ran out before 11:00pm. My view from the balcony over looked another roof.

Overall I didn't like it to much. The breakfast was ok.The pool area had good energy. And the area for swimming was nice

• July 9, 2016

• Double/Twin Room with Sea View

I never check that they dont have aircondition in the hotel if they could post that too in the webpage they have maybe that would be a good info..its summer so the room was really like sauna or incuvator its really so hot in the room..

Just the pool is ok..but can they open it 24hours?there are guest who like to swim at night too.

• August 11, 2015

• Double/Twin Room with Sea View

There is no ac in the rooms which makes it impossible to sleep /breathe. The wifi doesn't work, there's just one plug in the room. Plus there was works in front of the hotel room at 6 am for an hour. The hotel has a policy they won't give u fresh towels before 3 days - so bring your own towels !

The view from the hotel room is breathtaking, plus the access to the beach super easy. The walk to the historic town is very nice as well. The staff is nice and wants to be helpful

• September 15, 2016

• Double Room with Park View

Need aircon or fans in the room.

• August 4, 2016

• Triple Room with Park View

All

• July 4, 2016

• Single Room with Sea View

People water soon and fun

Everythig

• June 30, 2016

• Single Room with Sea View

Very difficult to get the harbour.

Everything. If sombody wants to stay quiet, peacefull, relaxing place I can offer this Hotel.

• September 23, 2015

• Double/Twin Room with Sea View

No air con, breakfast not good.

The view and location.

• June 2, 2015

disgusting hotel

• September 26, 2014

They do not really like their guests, employees are apathetic and not interested in the business/their jobs, restaurant is very dirty, and after all, for two days accommodation, we paid several euros more than we agreed when we "bought" this accommodation on "Booking.com"

Forest around the hotel, smells of the sea and surrounding plants, nature, absolute heaven, hotel heritage, good restaurants and affordable good food downtown

• August 25, 2014

The hotel is very old, the room is really HOT and the smell is not good. The is no Ar conditional or ventilator, you can´t sleep well.

BreakFast, swiming pool and beach access. Also the customer service, they helped us to do early check out because we were not satisfied with the room.

• August 24, 2014

One has to be strategic about breakfast times. Either you must go when breakfast starts or when it is about to finish. I chose the latter. There are a lot of people milling round all looking for the same things

The convenience of the location of the hotel, with a convenient and cheap taxi boat service to the ferry port. The Arkada is an old style Yugoslav hotel and is atmospheric as such. The hotel is next to the beach, very helpful. Many Polish guests, all charming

• August 19, 2014

The staff are rude. Not so much in reception they were pleasant enough but their English is almost non existent. The staff in the bar however, are damn right obnoxious. Simply asking for a bottle of water gets met with staff actually leaving the bar area as opposed to serving me. I was actually shocked. I get the feeling that they are poorly paid and incredibly demotivated. That's clearly a short coming from management. Onto the rooms...on several occasions during the nights I was tempted to take the mattress onto the balcony, dousing it in petrol and setting myself alight, just to cool down a bit...it really was that hot. Horribly so. No fan, no air con. One plug socket, there were people with their doors wedged open just to get some air in so it wasn't just us.

The views are stunning. Pool is nice. Rocky beach easily accessable and the water is so clean.

• August 14, 2014

No air con or room fans. Rooms are inferno hot. Terrible food. Run down facilities, 1970's Eastern European package hotel.

Ferry taxi boat to town or port.

• July 13, 2014

We paid extra for a sea view room. I would recommend paying extra to go to Hvar town - infinitely better with far superior hotel options / places to eat / drink / see etc. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy - we booked 2 nights and VERY nearly left before staying one night.

Not very much

• July 11, 2014

• Family

stinky rooms, old furniture, pool closes at 7 pm, wifi is totally unstable, no animations, food below average

my 5 yr old dauther says "everything". but really, don't expect anything special

• August 23, 2014

Very old hotel. Not recommended!

The city is perfect. Best food in Croatia!

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.