Reviews of Catania International Airport Hotel 4 stars

Via San Giuseppe La Rena 94, 95121 Catania, Italy

#37 of 60 hotels in Catania

• December 19, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The rooms are spacious and clean although decoration is a bit cold, impersonal.

We chose this accommodation because of its proximity to the airport. Friendly staff and convenient airport shuttle service

• December 17, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Hotel was placed in a kind of industrial wasteland. We walked to the airport (about 15 minutes), traffic too close, no pavements. Not that the hotel can improve in this respect.

Staff were well informed, helpful on facilities in the hotel or the town. Close to airport -- although you would need to know this already to benefit from it.

• December 14, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

They charge for the shuttle but do not have the driver to take you to the airport at the time estipulated! I had to cry and beg for them to take me there on time, in spite of having booked the navetta with more than five hours in advance...

• December 12, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Firstly, we were given a room on the ground floor. When we went in, the bed was not made up. No sheets, no bed cover and no pillows. When I reported it, it took some time for the staff to believe me, but eventually, housekeeping came and made up the bed. It was also interesting to note that we initailly had no electricity (even with the room key in the slot). It wasn't until maintenance came and switched things on at the circuit board, that we had power. Someone had definitely not done their job when inspecting the room. The restaurant was expensive and had a very restricted menu, not even particulaly Italian - so we ate out. During the night, the room was very noisy. There was obviously a function nearby and the noise (loud talking and laughter) went on until quite late (we also had to get up early to catch a plane) - Damn! But, that wasn't enough. Some staff member constantly went along the tiled corridor with a metal trolley. It could be heard coming and going and was so loud! A tip, never take a room with a tiled floor in the passageway. And, we thought the ground floor would be convenient!!! Noooo... Also the hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport. So the night before leaving, we returned our rental car. We saw the male desk clerk who said that it was best to book or phone, but if we didn't have a phone, then the shuttle went every 30 minutes anyway and we should wait at the departures concourse. But again, not so it seems, after waiting for an hour and a half (lots of shuttles coming and going), we took a very expensive cab the 3 or 4 minutes back to the hotel. When I enquired again at the front desk about the shuttle, a very rude and abrupt female desk clerk simply told me that the shuttle is only on demand and I had to ring. When I said that we did not have a phone and we were told that it came every 30 minutes, she simply shrugged and again told me I had to ring. But we had no phone....

The room was a generous size and was modern and clean. It was close to the airport. Not much more I can say that's positive.

• December 6, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Large hotel. Staff adequate, but not what I would describe as professional. Noisy - could hear TV in next room. Wonder about upkeep as no hot water in our sink and loose fittings.

Good location about 1km from Airport. We walked both ways, pulling suitcases, but no sidewalks so need to be very careful. Room big, clean with large modern bathroom and nice balcony. Didn't try restaurant.

• November 23, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

The bathroom and shower doors need adjusting as they did not close properly but not a major problem.

The room was large which was great for repacking our suitcases prior to an early morning flight to Rome and then onto Australia. The restaurant was great and the shuttle first thing in the morning made accessing the airport easy.

• November 19, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The shuttle bus was over booked - while this was not a great problem as it is really about a 3 minute ride to the terminal , it would have been better for all concerned if the hotel staff had indicated to the guests that reserved late at the time of booking that they would have to wait for 10 minutes or so.

We were happily surprised to find that the restaurant was pleasant and good value for our money. Our room was spacious and well appointed and we were able to check in a little early which added to our comfort.

• November 15, 2016

• Superior Quadruple Room With Balcony

For our needs the stay over was perfect. The staff outstanding helpful to give us travel information and arrange transport to the airport the next morning

• November 12, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Room cost went up £25 as although I have proof of booking was for two rooms, one with two people and one with one, the charges were apparently wrong, I am not happy about that.

Nice and close to the airport

• November 9, 2016

• Superior Quadruple Room With Balcony

Says free parking on website but if the very small outdoor carpark is full you have to pay to park undercover .

Standard Airport hotel . Clean and close to airport .

• November 7, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The menu for the restaurant looked poor and over-priced -we didn't eat there.

Very attractive for an airport hotel - lovely large newly decorated room and bathroom. The shuttle service was efficient for an early flight and the staff were very friendly

• November 7, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The only neo is that on the south side of the hotel there is an industrial lime kiln side that is the view from the bedroom window. On the same side, there is a lot of hotel construction waste that could be cleared up and some greenery put in - it would improve the appearance

Excellent hotel with excellent rooms, staff, breaksfast and facilities.

• November 4, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Incredible for a **** hotel to charge people for a 5 minutes ride to the airport. A 5€ shuttle, really, guys? Restaurant overpriced food. Doors of the shower didn't close, and no extractor fan there. Mosquitoes in the bedroom, woke me up three times in the night. No coffee or tea possibility in the bedroom. Breakfast time way too late (7.00) for an airport hotel.

Nice large bedroom. Clean hotel. Close to the airport.

• November 2, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Air conditioning was very low volume. high humidity in room it took all night to reach a comfort level.

Location. Clean modern rooms. On site restaurant. Shuttle to flights was quick.

• November 1, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Our room was on the side with a balcony. The side of the hotel looks like a construction site Huge hotel

Location next to airport Shuttle bus Very clean

• October 31, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Our view of the concrete works just outside our window which appeared still to be operational. We woke on a Sunday morning but I wonder what a weekday might have been like.

Very convenient for the airport and they run an excellent shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful.

• October 28, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Breakfast was pricey and not so good if you didn't eat meat.

It is convenient for the airport. The hotel is modern with the 24-hour check-in. The rooms are large well-equipped, clean and comfortable. The staff are helpful.

• October 28, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

The 'free' shuttle from the airport never came though we called and waited for an hour. Another couple we knew had the same experience. The food in the restaurant was not good, the buffet table was never refilled or kept reasonably warm.

• October 27, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The shower in our room leaked so bad that the water flowed out into a drain outside the shower door. Nowhere in the area to eat besides the hotel restaurant. The meal my husband and I plus a guest who joined us was awful. The surrounding area is all industrial.

Nice pool and patio area. Five minute drive to the airport.

• October 26, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

There is renovation going on and they start that work early in the morning and is very loud. Food was not very good for the cost of the meals.

Very close to the airport.

• October 26, 2016

The room

They did not give me weike up. Blaming the computer .and they charge the service to the airport 8 euro telling me the night beafore that was included in the room

• October 25, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

I do not appreciate being ripped off. If we had stuffed around and changed our booking I could understand them charging us twice and That would have been fair enough. However it was so obviously an error when the booking was made and they chose to rip us off even though we pointed out the mistake. the pool too was an issue. It was closed but they said it was ok for us to swim but refused to provide towels. I would never ever stay there again and would not recommend them to anyone

The room was comfortable

• October 25, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

When making my booking I requested shuttle from flight. I endeavoured to confirm by e mail. No shuttle. Paid taxi 15 Euros for a 10 minute trip. Told hotel reception. They said I should have called. Nothing in info about that and anyway I did not have a phone. When checking out and arranging shuttle back to the airport I explained again. No sympathy and charged 5 Euros for the shuttle. The hotel is well past its use by date. Room was not at all sound proof so heard all in hall and next door rooms. The so-called bar is a few seats in the reception area. I had a flight which arrived late and thought best to overnight near hotel and pick up rental at airport next morning. That did work well, but the choice of accommodation did not.

• October 23, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

No tea/coffee making facilities. Limited choice on the restaurant menu. Prices of drinks & food.

Comfort of room & its spacious proportions. Airport shuttle service.

• October 23, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

We just need a hotel for our first night in Sicily arriving after dark. The hotel is near the airport the room was nice big and clean. The Parking was very convenient. The front desk personal were very nice. The air condition in the room was hardly working. you had sit sit near the AC opening to feel it. We were not offered to switch room and it was very hot. It is remote from the city, so we dined in the hotel. They seem to have a good cook but it took for the main course over an hour to arrive. The service was friendly but chaotic.

• October 21, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

What happened to coffee and tea in room? A simple pod machine is a necessity in 2016!!!

Such spacious and luxurious rooms, beautiful bathroom. A fabulous breakfast good value at 12 euro.

• October 21, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

the quality and efficiency of restaurant staff needed to be better. The quality of the food was very average. The soup was practically cold

Room and beds comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly

• October 18, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Nothing regarding the hotel. But be much aware if taking a taxi from the airport, they probably will cheat you. The distance to the hotel is only 1 km but the taxi we had took us on a long drive and ended taking 36€. Stupid mistake to make on arrival to Sicilia.

Nice hotel. Close to the airport. Good bus service to/from the airport (5€/person).

• October 18, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Restaurant service very slow (overwhelmed by too many patrons). No nearby attractions or shopping. Shuttle to airport not free.

Large, spacious room. Quiet. Bar and restaurant on site.

• October 17, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

When I arrived with baggages Oct. 14 morning, the reception just told me I could not check in. If I didn't ask to save the baggages, I had to take them out during all the day trip! The breakfast began a little late, many clients that had to take early flights waited outside.

Good location near the airport.

• October 16, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

We have never had such a bad experience in any hotel. Went to bed at 10pm as we had an early flight next day. Appallingly bad, noisy behaviour by group of teenagers in adjacent room (part of large group of handball teams) up to 12.15 am and again from 6.45 am upset us and prevented us from sleeping. The situation was not dealt with properly by the hotel staff and, moreover, we received no satisfaction or compensation or acceptance of responsibility; "there's nothing we can do if our guests misbehave".

Everything negated by our bad experience.

• October 16, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

the fact that no taxis are ever waiting at entrance to hotel

Reception personnel were extremely welcoming and helpful as well as very efficient....with a smile too.

• October 15, 2016

WiFi connection

Very conveniently placed and good value for money. The rooms were huge and staff friendly and efficient. The only negative point is the WiFi would not work on my laptop, but that is a problem throughout Sicily.

• October 14, 2016

Reticent staff.

Large, well appointed, clean room. Very convenient for the airport. Free hotel parking available. Restaurant food far better than we had anticipated.

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The pool was closed - we were told -due to the weather - hot and sunny? No garden. An outside area near pool with broken wooden furniture and sun shades. Appalling service at lunch and very limited choice from menu - why not have a lunch menu? Staff seemed untrained. Food expensive. Only place in Sicily we have bought an alcoholic drink and not been given a little snack with it. Something not right about the place. A lot of temporary notices on sheets of paper. Not comfortable staying there.

Not much, but the room etc was very clean.

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

Unfortunately our experience in the dining room was very poor with very limited choice for a vegetarian option. Our Pasta dishes were un-inspiring and frankly we could have done better our selves with buying pasta from the supermarket and tomatoe sauce from a jar. The Head waiter did try to resolve our problem and provided my friend with some olives and other vegetarian food from the cold buffet selection but this was removed (although not finished ) and without asking when the Pasta dish arrived.

The room was very clean and beds comfortable large bathroom with extra washing facilities.

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The hotel, despite being 4 star, does not carry a heating iron (not just in the room, but the entire hotel). Only one shampoo and one bath gel tiny bottles available in the room. Had to ask for more, to which we were told to find the "person on the floor". Around 7-8am in the morning, we were woken up to loud truck exhaust noises. It appears there was either something going on in the hotel premises or construction next door. Either way, we were there for only one night and we arrived late night, and yet, reception chose to give us room next to the construction area, which is a bit confusing. Being an airport hotel, the hotel website did not specify a shuttle service. My wife and I, when we arrived at the airport at night, did not see taxies or buses. We opted to do the 10 minute walk with our luggage (walked on the streets, there are no pedestrian walkways). Once we arrived at the airport, we noticed that they had a shuttle. It costs 5 Euros per family.

Clean. It looks 4 star. Hotel does have a shuttle bus, 5 Euros. I could not find this on their website. Rooms are roomy.

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The shuttle was never running when I needed it Even after the staff told me they would pick me up The room is run buy a card but no instructions as to how it works By US standards. A dump

Not much. Overall I would never stay there again. Nor would I recommend it

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

There was really nothing to like. Restaurant was very poor and expensive and long wait for food.

Easy access to airport however transfer was 5 Euro considering it was 4 mins to get there. The only positive was the service provided by Luca who had to fix the in room tv after waiting 1.5 hrs

• October 12, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The hotel has a AirPort shuttle but it took more than an hour and 5 calls to pick us up from the AirPort while its only 5 minutes driving.

Nice spacious room

• October 10, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

It's what you would expect for a hotel close to an airport. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff very very pleasant and efficient. Breakfast was a little disapointing

• October 10, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Restaurant personnel inattentive. Had still not received water and wine after we had started on our meal. Layout of hotel meant exceptionally long walk from lobby to room.

Large, clean and functional rooms with all neccessary amenities. Good location if you're taking and early bird flight, no reason to stay there if not in connection with a flight.

• October 9, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

A little out of Catania central where all the sites are. There is a bus right outside the hotel that runs to the city center in 10m so it's pretty convenient. Besides 1 restaurant about a block away, there is nothing else around here.

Modern Hotel, very clean, and nice rooms. Great for the price. Hotel is walking distance to airport (10-15m) if you can handle the missing sidewalks and literally walking on the street. Hotel has shuttle service for about 8e

• October 6, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Really comfortable hotel, beautifully decorated & contemporary, huge room The pool!! - really big and very relaxing in the middle of a long journey. Shuttle to airport just a few minutes away.

• October 6, 2016

• Superior Triple Room with Balcony

Parking situation was tricky due to late arrival.

We had to book an unplanned night here because of a problem with our flight. Though we were very late, the restaurant was still able to offer us a warm meal. Tripple room was spacious and clean.

• October 4, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

Surrounding area not great, but a very good supermarket walking distance from the hotel.

Beds and room couldn't be better. Reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms and the entire environment were spotless.Safe storage for luggage before check-in.Very comfortable lounge, and tables and chairs outside on stoop.Convenient shuttle to and from airport.Excellent WiFi. Will stay with them any time again.

• October 3, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

The mini bar was not restocked and there was a half drunk bottle of water in it. There were no facilities to make tea or coffee and no mirror at the desk.

The room was large, clean and comfortable.

• October 3, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

You might know that our ZAR is very low, so of course everything was more expensive but even knowing that - I ordered a seafood rice dish and found it expensive - only a very few pieces of seafood and the rice was of poor taste. So for what I received for the price was poor.

• October 2, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

shuttle to airport was charged at 5 Euro per room ... price was reasonable but would have expected that airport shuttle is included in room price in an airport hotel if not in walking distance to airport

hotel was ok for airport hotel

• October 1, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Lack of car parking places. Hotel appeared to have been designed for underground parking that was not in use.

Close to Catania Airport. Pleasant and helpful staff

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Dinner in the restaurant. Had to ask where my dinner was 30 minutes after ordering. It arrived 5 minutes later surprisingly hot (microwave?). Shower in room was in pieces in the bottom of the shower tray. Photo available.

Greeting was fine. Hotel was generally clean

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The taxi called by the hotel charged me 35 Euros for a 3-minute ride. So the hotel was close to the airport, but I could have been miles away, based on the cost of the 4-block ride. If you stay here, confirm the price of a taxi ride in advance. If I add the taxi fare to the cost of the hotel, my overnight stay was quite expensive.

This was a perfectly adequate hotel, which I chose for it's closeness to the airport. I thought I could get a quick taxi cab ride, for my 6:15am flight.

• Superior Triple Room with Balcony

Informed staff of missing towels and toileteries which was not matching the number of people staying in the room. Quick service provided missing articles, though. We had a light meal / supper in the restaurant in the evening - very "busy" (stressed?) headmaster; we felt a bit overlooked and had to remind another waiter to be served the soup one had ordered when we finally got some attention. Missed a complimentary coffee/tea/kettle service in the room.

Spacious, clean and sufficient room for three adults (mother with grown-up daughters). All beds incl. double bed and the two (additional) twin beds were comfortable. Balcony. Breakfast is including a big selection of fruits, hot and cold dishes/spread incl. many types cereal/oat and yoghurt, black and white breads and sweet alternatives (brioche, cakes etc.) - assorted hot and cold drinks. Close / walking distance (though missing pavement parts of the way) to airport for flight next morning.

• September 27, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Not a huge problem, but the toilet was very high from the floor - I've never before had my legs dangling 6" in the air. When I arrived late at night I was very thirsty, and was not please to have to pay 4 euros for a tiny bottle of juice.

Prompt service at checkin, shuttle service to airport, large room, clean and well-functioning bathroom

• September 26, 2016

• Superior Triple Room with Balcony

Separate Wash hand basin area massive but toilet and shower room tiny. Does not make too much sense. Broken toilet seat, towels and bath amenities just for 2 people but we were 3. No bulb in bedside lamp. No bottle opener to open drinks from minibar. No additional room amenities such as shoe shine, tissues, etc. Minimum requirements for 4 star. Ah yes.....restaurant food is a disaster moe like canteen food. Service is like having a sceance with mr bean and I speak perfect Italian.....avoid dinner unless you have to..

Close to airport for early flight. Spacious rooms

• September 25, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

For a quality airport location, the procedure for printing boarding passes needs to be much better. Now inconvenient at best and, for some airlines, not possible at all.

Location and shuttle perfect for early flight. Everything about the property was sparkling, from the bathrooms to the staff, esp. in the restaurant (that had good food and reasonable prices).

• September 21, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

Paid extra for early check in and were hoping to use the pool. Were told it was closed. No warning ahead of arrival. Had difficulty keeping air conditioner on in room. Noisy at night because our room was near lobby.

Had an early flight so shuttle service to airport was good. Efficient staff.

• September 20, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The thing that upset us most was that we were not told the breakfast was extra charge, not on the actual booking, not at the check in, not in the room leaflet, not at the entrance of the breakfast room and it wasn't communicated to us at any point, just at the check out when we had to pay 12€ each per day. Coffes are 2€ at the bar (ridiculous) and a mini cheese toast was 5€!!!!! Plus we asked for some shampoo, which came in a tiny tiny pouch, and said we could have only one extra as they are counted and no extras are aloud (?!?) . The overall feeling was that we got ripped off at the end of it all! Plus our view was truly terrible .

I only liked the swimming pool

• September 19, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The two main reasons we booked this hotel over others was a shuttle to the airport and swimming pool. On the day, the pool was out of service, and we were told there was no more space on the shuttle bus that we needed. So we needed to book a taxi instead - 25 euros to go around the corner...not impressed.

Room was super spacious and clean!! Free parking on site too.

• September 19, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

Only two people serving at counter when they had teams of soccer players arriving to check in. it made for a long wait.

Always clean and tidy and comfortable

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The area around the hotel is not very nice.

The hotel is really 5 minutes from the airport, so it is super convenient if you need to catch an early morning flight. The hotel provides airport shuttle starting at 5 am. Although it is a very short ride, they do charge you 5 euro for it. You can catch a bus to town outside the hotel thus quite convenient. But if you are at the end of your trip and don't want to see more old towns, the hotel has a nice pool, you can relax and enjoy the pool before catching your flight home. We were upgraded to a family room, very spacious.

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Staff didn't speak English, rooms were loud, air conditioning wouldn't turn off, construction that woke us up at 7am, no apologies from staff, awful experience

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

1.5 hour wait for shuttle bus. Gave up in the end and took taxi cost €15 & should have been free!When entering room corridor had holes cut in ceiling & carpet had not been cleaned, entrance door handle came off in my hand as did loo seat lid.

Large rooms with balcony & view of Etna. Excellent fillet steak. Proximity to airport.

• September 16, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

We requested two single beds months in advance,but when we arrived, none were available. We ate at the hotel as it would've meant a taxi ride to go anywhere else, and ended up with an overpriced, poor quality meal. Hotel also expensive, definitely not value for money.

Spacious room, comfortable bed, handy to the airport

• September 15, 2016

• Superior Quadruple Room With Balcony

The location is not very pleasant. Maybe add some trees and ambiance to block off the commercial zone around the hotel. Restaurant too expensive!

Very nice pool! Beautiful room.

• September 9, 2016

• Superior Double Room with Airport Transfer

Problem c front desk personnel. She gave incorrect info on van and never was picked up. Took a taxi after waiting 40 mins.

Near airport - had shuttle. Large rooms.

• September 8, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Shuttle to the airport is not free (5eur for 3mn ride) Swimming pool is not free (they will ask you to hire a hat...) Breakfast is not great

Good location near the airport Modern newly refurbished

• September 4, 2016

• Superior Triple Room with Balcony

The receptionist wasn't clear about where the shuttle would be waiting for us and not very helpful so we ended up missing it and having to pay €20 for 1km taxi ride to an extremely rude driver. Also we had to leave 2 hours before the flight because the 6am shuttle was full, it's not possible to walk to the airport and we didn't want to pay €20 for a 2min taxi ride again. No breakfast available when we left apart from a coffee machine and crackers. We should have stayed in a hotel in town, it would have been much cheaper, easier and it would have taken the same amount of time.

Spacious room

• September 3, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

The hotel was very noisy especially in the hallways and common areas. Breakfast was very messy.

The location was convenient. The room was spacious and comfortable.

• August 31, 2016

• Economy Double Room - Room Only

Welcome was initially good but we had requested a quiet, high floor room and were initially given a ground floor room, opposite a noisy conference facility. Staff were not friendly and quite surly when we asked to change rooms. The view of the cement factory was not too appealing!

Eventually we were given a nice room. Large, plenty of space and very comfortable. 10 minute walk to the airport.

• August 29, 2016

• Economy Double Room

Volume of traffic from the airport making walking there dangerous. Stupidity of having to wear a bathing cap to swim even though I am completely bald. Caps were not available or for sale.

Close to airport

• August 26, 2016

• Superior Quadruple Room With Balcony

IT WAS VERY DIFICUALT TO FIND HOTEL WITH CAR NAVIGATOR. EARLY SWIMMING POOL CLOSING TIME.

THE HIGH STANDING OF STAFF, MAINLY LADYS WHO DID HOTEL AND RESTAURANT CHECK IN .

• August 24, 2016

• Family

We ate dinner at the restaurant and were extremely disappointed. The restaurant was overpriced. The selection was minimal, which would have been ok, but the actual food was very bad. I have eaten better in local trattorias. The staff weren't particularly helpful, served some people their main course before they had had their starter, served the wrong dish to others. We then ended up with some people having finished their meal, before others had even been served. I asked for advice on the wine, and realised when I paid the bill the next day that they had advised a really expensive bottle, when I had specified how much I wanted to spend. I had thought that they were giving me a different, wine as both came from the same vinery I didn't realise at the time. I would never recommend you use their restaurant.

The rooms were comfortable and clean. The reception staff very helpful.

• August 23, 2016

• Superior Quadruple Room With Balcony

You could stay in lots of places within Catania for half the price - the hotel takes advantage of being the only airport option. It is a little over one kilometer away, so not walkable with luggage. The hotel says it has a free airport shuttle, but it is often fully booked and a taxi was 20 euros for the 1km ride!!! The restaurant is also very expensive (and slow), but there is only one other option, a bar/cafe a short walk down the road, but the road is busy with traffic and there aren't any sidewalks.

We have stayed here twice. This time our room was a little bigger and nicer than last time. Comfortable beds. Ours was a room for 4, we paid $200. I think $150 or less would be a fair price, assuming that you definitely get the free hotel shuggle

• August 23, 2016

• Superior Triple Room with Balcony

A bit noisy from the planes.

The distance and shuttle bus to the airport, plenty of parking lots for car. Cleanliess and helpful English speaking staff.

Browse Catania International Airport Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery