Reviews of Luna Lughente 4 stars

Località Pittulongu, Strada Panoramica Olbia-Golfo Aranci(Sp82), 07026 Olbia, Italy

#9 of 29 hotels in Olbia

• 15 October 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

There were two consecutive wedding over one weekend so we did not have access to bar or terrace area during this time. Drinks were brought for us instead by staff.

The views around the building were amazing

• 6 October 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Not many restaurants or pubs nearby.

Good breakfast and clean hotel. Beach towels available on request.Bus stop to Olbia a few minutes walk from the hotel. Supermarket located 5 minutes walk away.shuttle available from hotel to airport 15min drive.

• 29 September 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very outdated, needs renovating. No tea making facilities!

Amazing views. Away from the city. Great pool with views. Free shuttle to the beach and to/from the airport. Delicious food in the restaurant.

• 27 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Internet reception was a little unstable. Most of the staff did not look too happy to be there :-(

We reserved a deluxe double room with sea view and were upgraded for free to a superior suite. The suite was clean and comfortable and stretched over two floors. We were able to see the sunrise from our room, which was spectacular! All guests have the same breathtaking view from the swimming pool and breakfast areas. Breakfast came close to a continental breakfast, which was quite welcoming after several days of traditional sweet Sardinian breakfasts at other hotels. Great location if you have a car - very close to Olbia´s city centre but located in a quiet area.

• 25 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The infinity pool was beautiful but the water too cold to swim. No coffee/tea making facility in room. It seems at weekends when there is often a wedding reception it means that the hotel guests are kept out of most of the public rooms and made to feel rather unwelcome. The last bus to Olbia goes at 7.30 in the evening so return after dining out means a taxi at around £25 per trip.

The superior room with bathroom and balcony was spacious and bed comfortable. The views from the terraces are spectacular. Breakfast is a great combination of hot food and continental rolls, cakes, juices, fresh fruit and unlimited good coffee. The staff are most helpful in general and everywhere is very clean. The location is quiet although not far from Olbia and the olive trees and scenery around just lovely. Very good to have the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and return journey as well as the free shuttles to the beach and back each day.

• 20 September 2016

Restaurant opening time was late, didn't get to eat until after 9:30pm

Breakfast buffet, pool area, free shuttle to the beach and airport, friendly staff.

• 20 September 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Warning of the slippery bath. My husband fell heavily & did not notice the rolled nonslip mat. My ice cream took 20 min to arrive when there were 3 couples left in the restaurant. Waiter told us he was very busy. (he was one of 4 waiters). Should be tea & coffee in the rooms.

Very clean, great location, reception staff very helpful & friendly.

• 9 September 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Food is a bit all over the shop. Excessive and unnecessary quantity, low quality at breakfast, little attention to local produce. No leading hand in the restaurant dinner menu, again too broad and little refinement. Another let down is the logistics, location out of town with public service and rip off taxis.

This hotel has great views, beautiful infinity pool, excellent staff ready to go the extra mile for you. We were really impressed by the reception staff, passionate, dedicated and extremely professional.

• 6 September 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I must admit, I found the bed a bit on the hard side. I prefer a softer mattress, and I think that mattresses in the hotel need upgrading if it is 4 star. However, our room was lovely and always cleaned every day. We were nice and cool with air-conditioning too.

The staff in this hotel are exceptional. Nothing is too much trouble. I was alone, on holiday with my 20 yr old son, and we were made so welcome. The infinity pool was wonderful! On a hot day, I just slipped into the water - bliss!! My son loved the buffet breakfast and I ate so well, I was super fit at the end of my holiday and I was told I was glowing with health! A friend told me I looked ten years younger when I came home! Our room had everything we needed, and we were given a new mini fridge to keep our drinks, fruit and Sardinian cheese cool! Free towels for the beach and swimming pool and a free shuttle service to Mama Beach, Pittulongu. This is not your usual 4 star hotel - it is a family owned hotel, and the special care staff show to guests is outstanding. I was crying on the day I left - this has never happened to me before after staying in a hotel. I cannot wait to go back! If you want to visit the area, I suggest you have a car. My son and I didn't but we were happy with the pool and beach. We went on two excursions, and were collected and returned to the hotel for both. We did a dolphin watching evening cruise (2 hours) in Golfo Aranci, and had a day cruise in the Archipelago visiting beautiful islands, finishing off with a jump off the side of the yacht in bikini! (Me - not my son!) I also scuba- dived with DST in Golfo Aranci, and was under water, 30ft down, for the first time, with a lovely instructor, Ilaria, who guided me all the way in a magical world. Beautiful fish, sponges, and shoals of shimmering, tiny fish above my head. Sardinia is a special place, and you need to experience the warmth of the Sardinian people - Luna Lughente is a great way to start! Do not dither - go, if you can get a room that is. Ciao!

• 28 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Room a bit clinical also it was dark with a view of the car park. Bed like a wooden slab. Other rooms looked as though they had a terrace and nice view.

Great location. Fabulous view from pool.

• 17 August 2016

• Family
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I did not like that I booked a room for two adults and two kids and posted the boys ages when I booked and then was informed when I got there that my 14? Year old is an adult and they may have to charge more. They waited until check out to inform me that indeed they must charge me more because we are 3 adults and 1 child. disappointing after such a nice experience. the family rooms are a single room with two extra beds put in and is fairly tight quarters for 4 people. Wouldn't mention it but the pictures give illusion of much more space

We loved the pool area. The pool itself is large and inviting and the grounds around the pool were well kept and provided good area for sun bathing and paddle ball. The restaurant overlooking the pool and sea served good food and service was good too. This is a solid 4 star hotel that serves good food for dinner and lunch as well as a hearty breakfast with good selection. We visited in busy season and preferred the laid back atmosphere of the hotel over going to the busy crowded beaches. the kids had a great time swimming and there were other families with kids and good time was had by all. Top it all off with a great lunch you have to walk only a few steps for and you have recipe to relax and feel refreshed. The views from the pool area are spectacular and while swimming, the ocean and the pool become one. Go for a swim and you will understand. There is a decent beach just down the road. A grocery store a very short distance from here as well. I would stay here again

• 16 August 2016

• Family

There should be a kettle in the room and the shuttle to run later from the beach . The reception area needs updating, especially the desk

It was very clean with friendly reception staff who were very helpful . Great to have the shuttle collect and return from the airport . The hotel is more suited for a quiet holiday

• 11 August 2016

• Family

Not easy to go to the city center. The public bus doesn't stop at the rush hours. The restaurants staff weren't well organised sometimes.

Quiet and remote location with a really nice view from the terrace and swimming pool area. Shuttle bus to the Olbia airport and beach. Friendly staff at the reception. We received a lot of useful information about the region.

• 3 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

When I go back I will make sure I book a room with balcony...poolside suites are the best but of course more costly.Beds are perhaps on the hard side.matress toppers would be a good idea...and if I were really fussy some of the poolside beds could do with soft toppers...little else to complain about though..

Location was superb...the pool area was a great place to be with breathtaking views yet it was only a few minutes drive to beaches. Olbia Centre and Airport are not far away either.The staff are very polite ,friendly and helpful ...breakfast was 5 star! Dinner on the terrace in the evening also very enjoyable...When booking a Hotel on line when one hasn't been there before can be a bit of a lottery but we were so pleased we chose this place and made the right choice,we had a great week and look forward to going back one day!

• 26 July 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Missed a shower in the room, there was a bathtub instead. The lunch was not very well tasting, we could see our salads were consisting mainly of can food. Could have been better and more freshly baked bread on the breakfast!

Super nice view from the pool area and nice interior of rooms. Very friendly & helpful staff and shuttle service from AirPort, to beach and city center for free. Cheap nice drinks by the pool!

• 19 July 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I guess it's what to expect from these types of hotels, but i don't like the "coperto", the 3 euro cover charge that's automatically put on your bill.

Quiet place with a wonderful view.

• 17 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast time from 7.30 to 10.

The hotel itself it is in a really nice location, with stunning views. Modern and at the same time comfortable with a lot of light. Swimming pool. Restaurant food and service excellent.

• 14 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately I had a very bad experience with this hotel. Being rated 4 stars I expected a 4 star care and customer service. When I left my room I forgot in the wardrobe a jacket which had a special meaning to me as it had been a gift; when I called the hotel to inform them they said that nothing had been found and continued questioning whether I had actually left it there. They called me back only once, and after that I had to keep chasing and chasing as they just disappeared, probably hoping I would just forget about it. Today, a month after my stay, I called them one last time and their conclusion was it had just disappeared. When I asked them to tell me what they thought had happenend they just contined repeating they hadn't found it. I could expect my belongings to disappear in a hostel maybe, but not in a 4 star hotel. On top of that, how the staff on the phone handled it was a joke. Really disappointing experience, as it was obviously taken by someone, and they kept trying to put the blame on me implying I hadn't left it there. Therefore, if you don't want your belongings to vanish into thin air, I wouldn't suggest staying here. It's in a location which forces you to drive everywhere, therefore you end up not going out very often in the evenings due to being far away from restaurants or bars. The pool is very nice, but due to the wind in Sardinia, it's often too cold to sunbathe there.

The food was really excellent, and the waiters very friendly and professional.

• 7 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We did not receive any information like what we can find in the area and what excursions we could possibly go for. The maids always rearranged our room and balcony which was not appropriate. I believe you should feel in comfort where you stay and even you pay for it..

They were cooperative to find us another room (without smile) after we have received a smoking room despite of our request. Room was clean and bath towels were changed every day without request. Very appreciate for the Soya milk and gluten free items on the breakfast table. View was also ok from our balcony, but the best view was from the pool.

• 5 July 2016

• Family
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No hot tub or water slide for kids. The lobby was strangely quiet.

The hotel has a shuttle that takes you too the beach. The breakfast was great. Wifi was great. The pool was a hit for the while family.

• 1 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

As we are in our 70's, we found the climb up the hill from the road challenging. If you like to get out and about a car is essential.

The panoramic views, the pool and pool area. The restaurant food, the bar and atmosphere made our holiday memorable. All the staff were most friendly and helpful.

• 30 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some people with lousy beach dress at dinner.

Nearly everything! Helpful staff, generous breakfast buffet, deliscous dinner at the restaurant and amazing pool area.

• 29 June 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There is no path to safely walk to the beach from the hotel, only a road with no pavement.. Easy to get there by car, but walking path would have been nice.. Too much light in the restaurant (food was great)

Amazing food, superb pool, beautiful view, all perfect. Friendly staff - especially Bruno!

• 27 June 2016

Loved everything

Very convenient to have free airport transfers and shuttle to beach/town if required. All the breakfast food was fresh and tasty - as soon as dishes were empty they were replaced with fresh products. Tables cleared very efficiently. Great choice of pastries, cooked food, fruit, cold meats, cheese. Good choice for evening meals. You can walk to the closest beach but its not a nice walk - no pavement and a very busy road. Well stocked supermarket 10 minutes walk away. Not really a child friendly place - more for couples (or sisters like us) who just want peace and quiet and a great place to chill out

• 23 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The restaurant was a bit more expensive than local eateries and I wasn't impressed with the two meals I had.

A quiet location with superb views of the port from room, stunning bay vista from the pool and bar. Comfortable room with spacious balcony. Shuttle service offered by hotel and location on a local bus service route to Olbia/Beach.

• 12 June 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Olbia in not a very interesting city, however the beaches nerby are quite nice ones. We sepnt 4 days there, which was more than enough to discover the city. Furniture and equipments are not the newest ones/style, however everything was very tidy and comfortable.

Very kind, customer focused, helpfull staff. Good restaurant: very nice menu, wide range of continental food for breakfast. Amazing view from the swimming pool and from the room as well. Free beach towels. Very clean environment.

• 11 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pool is unheated so too cold in preseason. Need car as not much around. Sea view is to an industrial port. Dinner is ok but only option within walking distance. No atmosphere in bar.

Excelente staff, clean room, good shower and tasty breakfast

• 2 June 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The location was a bit too remote as I didn't have a car. It was difficult to get around on foot as there are no pavements to walk on and the hotel is located on a hill. This is a perfect location for travellers who don't mind driving. The pool was freezing!!

I found the level of customer service in this hotel outstanding, the staff were so friendly and helpful going that extra mile any time I asked them for something. I was travelling with my young daughter and they couldn't have done more for her, this was really a family friendly hotel. The hotel provide a free shuttle service (Car not bus) to take you into town or the beach, although as we were travelling outside of season they were willing to drop us to other locations. You need to plan your day but providing you work within the schedule this service is really useful.

• 29 May 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms need a minor upgrade

Great family run hotel, attention to detail is very nice. Shuttle to beach and airport FOC is a fantastic touch, go down to Mama Beach for the fresh pasta in oyster sauce. Ignore the room and go to the pool

• 24 May 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning not working in the last 3 days and it was very difficult to sleep with the door open due to mosquitos, noise from the harbour at 5 am and the heat.

This was our second year at Luna Lughente. We stayed again at a superior room room which is much more comfortable than the comfort rooms. The swimming pool is very nice and breakfast very complete. The staff very friendly and the food in the restaurant very good but above average prices. Although its a bit far from the centre and the beach, we could use the free shuttle.

• 22 May 2016

No comments.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice view at swimming pool. Good food at restaurant. Shuttle service to and from beach and city, super!

• 18 May 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

I would totally recommend this hotel To anyone. We had a great stay there. So many Positive things about this place. The staff was very nice, helpful and friendly sharing stories about the the history of Sardinia, directing us to the most amazing beaches. The view with the pool was wonderful. The breakfast was rich and everything fresh. Everything superlative.

• 9 November 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Should it rain, then there is absolutely nothing to do at the hotel. No games room, no spa, no indoor pool or fitness centre, for example. A rental car is therefore essential. Despite its four-star rating, the hotel does not offer in-room coffee or tea-making facilities. There is also no room service menu or option to buy snacks (there is a supermarket nearby, however). The bar is a disappointment.

The outdoor ‘infinity’ pool offers superb views of the Costa Smeralda coastline - a great spot in which to sunbathe and relax. Staff were friendly and helpful. Other plus points: good wi-fi; decent restaurant food; clean, comfortable rooms with a safe and mini-bar; complimentary pool towels.

• 21 October 2015

• Suite with Sea View

The hotel is a little remote - you definitely need to hire a car to explore the island. But the shuttle bus is perfect for the local beach and heading into Olbia.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and did everything they could to accommodate us and our needs. From booking day trips, hiring a car, fun at the bar - they were fantastic. Sensational views.

• 21 October 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very nice place to stay. Helpful staff, clean rooms with balcony and great location (only couple of minute drive to the beach or to the nearby Olbia). Also nice is the outside pool with really great infinity view.

• 11 October 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing, Initial I wanted a gym as I'm so used to working out daily but the pool, hills and yoga in our room was just enough to give me the break I needed

Everything! I've never reviewed a hotel on here before as they have been ok, however this was exceptional. The staff, the clenssiness but the food was the oustanding and we eat out a lot. But some of the best sea food and steak we have ever eaten.

• 7 October 2015

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The weather was poor - not the hotel's faul, of course, but a games room would have been appreciated.

The location provided a fantastic view. The staff were brilliant.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Prices in the restaurant are a bit expensive comparing to the restaurants prices in Olbia or other areas. But food and service were really great, so I can't complaint. We've read earlier some reviews that hotel was arranging local weddings every weekend which wasn't convenient for the hotel guests, but personaly we didn't have such experience as we stayed from Sunday to Friday.

We have spent 5 nights in this hotel on our honeymoon. WONDERFUL views, lovely and spacious room with the balcony, overlooking Olbia port. Amazing pool with the spectacular views. Room was cleaned daily and towels were changed to the new ones every day as well as bed linen. Very friendly and helpful reception and restaurant staff. Daily breakfast with a wide choice of food. The hotel's present to our room was waiter's brought and served a complimentary bottle of wine for our honeymoon celebration, it was a really nice surprise ;) Forgot to mention shuttle service which was great (airport transfers, shuttle to Olbia and to the beach). We've also booked through the reception few excursions (all day boat trip around islands and an evening boat trip to watch dolphins) which were great. We've booked a table for a dinner at the hotel's restaurant, the food was amazing, especially fish dishes. As for the honeymoon this hotel was perfect! ;)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Limited dining choices.Restaurant had excellent food and service,but would be expensive for every night dining and if you don't have a car you can't avail yourself of the towns offerings.Last shuttle back fr town 19.30.

Friendly and helpfull staff,especially Luca and Cristiano the shuttle bus drivers and reception staff,who actually arranged a breakfast package for our early departure .Views absolutely amazing.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was little bit too cold for many of people, but that didnt bother me.

Verrrrry Nice place with an awesome view!!! Great location. Proffesional staff :)

• 2 October 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hard beds and hard pillows!

Restaurant was good with fair pricing. Hotel has a spectacular location but you definitely need a car. Hotel was very well maintained but past due for an update!

• 29 September 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool is fabulous and the views were great! Breakfast was good, with many different kind of local honey to try. The staff were very nice and helped us everytime we needed it.

• 28 September 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Clean, quiet and professional staff. Would definitely recommend it but you have to have a car as its a bit far from Olbia although there's a free shuttle van to Olbia and Pittulungu beach. Very good food and Armando the manager (waiter) is a star!!!!:)

• 24 September 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing going on in the evenings at hotel so had to get shuttle bus into town,downside of that last pick up was 7.30pm so couldn't make an evening of it.

Loved the pool,the room,the views,staff were nice,very clean,breakfast was yummy,shuttle bus good.

• 22 September 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The reception staff don't know what a smile is. The beds are hard as rocks.

Breakfast was better than other similar hotels we stayed at on Sardegna, better selection of everything. Close by car to the very coazy Pittulongo beach. Supermarket at walking distance. Nice pool area with an awesome view! Good wi-fi reception in most areas. The guys working at the restaurant are glad, humorous and service minded. Good food.

• 17 September 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel, pool is stunning, the restaurant slightly underwhelmed and was relatively costly, ironically, one negative review we saw before booking was that the restaurant serves nothing but pizzas on a Monday night, I would say it was a shame they didnt offer them on any other nights, the restaurant might have had more people using it, and therefor perhaps have more atmosphere? The bar man is a legend, best Mojito ever, and such a genuine, smiley friendly guy, in fact all the staff were really nice. One other comment which stupidly didn't occur to us, the convenience of being a 15 minute shuttle from the airport does of course mean there is a fairly constant stream of planes landing and taking off, within earshot of the hotel but it really wasn't bad, and certainly wouldn't put me off going again, their shuttles to and from the airport, beach etc were a real godsend. Overall, very happy.

• 13 September 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Great hotel, very good staff. The surroundings are just beautiful, especially the swimming pool with the gorgious view on the seaside. Breakfast was amazing, large choice for all type of tastes.The restaurant offers a excellent menu!

• 13 September 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Wifi a bit hit and miss. We were there on a Sat when there was a wedding. Its not tranquil on these days and you cant get dinner in the restuarant that night also. Not a big deal for us:)

Very clean bright and stylish hotel with super friendly staff and an awesome pool

• 9 September 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

WiFi was very poor in the rooms Twin beds were single beds and not very comfortable, for the room rate one would expect at least twin beds and better quiality matressess. Hotel needs to be refurbished for the rates charged, have a very eighties feel

The reception staff were excellent and very helpful The pool and views were amazing from the hotel

• 7 September 2015

• Family

They stop lunch too early and at breakfast there were too many people for two few tables near closing which was a problem. Shuttle into town was great but no shuttle back was a problem as taxis hard to come buy in peak season. Need more loungers by the pool.

Very nice staff, quiet location, good food and nice rooms and pool. Elevated so breezy as well which was nice.

• 1 September 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Most staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful Definitely need a car as otherwise you spend a lot on taxis

Amazing pool Comfortable room and facilities Good breakfast with plenty of options for all dietary needs The hotel minibus driver was really helpful and even dropped us off at the bus stop on the last day rather than the usual drop off point

• 26 August 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The price we were quoted on booking.com was 10% below the price we were actually charged by the hotel. We were never given a satisfactory answer as to why and it will mean we hesitate booking through the website again.

Staff were brilliant and the views were incredible. Overall comfort and location of the hotel was great. The free shuttle helped out with the cost of visiting beaches and the town. A very relaxing spot for our honeymoon.

• 25 August 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Limited evening meal menu which is the same most nights.

Staff very helpful and polite always willing to arrange trips/taxis for you. Hotel very clean including pool area. Beautiful views.

• 14 August 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Food was very disappointing overall. Only pizza was served on monday evening and no warm lunch on monday. Not 4*. Lots of screaming kids in the pool. We asked for a taxi and got a vip-service that was twice as expensive.

Location is exellent. Good shuttle service. Friendly staff.

• 13 August 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely views , super swimming pool with infinity views , excellent food in restaurant in evenings , charming helpful staff all round; organised day trips including shuttle services. Shuttle to beach as well , so no need of car on our perfect 5 day break . Close enough to airport to spend maximum time by the pool . Clean , modern comfortable superior room with excellent views and balcony .

• 6 August 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Unreliable wifi, difficult to watch anything online.

Clean rooms, pleasant staff, excellent breakfast and free reliable shuttle service to airport/ Olbia/ beach. Although restaurant meals can be expensive if having 2/3 courses, this is to be expected from 4 star hotel in Sardinia, same goes for service charges. Staff are very committed and keen to please, very considerate and helpful, range of languages spoken. Good for families. Fantastic views from the pool and comfortable sunbeds. While a car is recommended to explore surroundings. There is a bus stop at the bottom of the hill and supermarket, frequent shuttle service offers good connection with town and public transport network. We also visited La Madellena via coach and ferry services.

• 4 August 2015

• Family

Improvement can be done for the staff in the reception in accommodating for questions and recommendations for transport, dining, directions as well as directions for the shuttle driver

Friendliness of staff in Bar/Restaurant was great

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The shuttle service to town wasn't frequent at all. Even though it was easily booked by just requesting at the desk everyday, the last shuttle meant you were unable to enjoy the town at night and couldn't get back to the hotel without a taxi which were hard to come by. The lunch and dinner menu were the same everyday. Quite disappointing and meant us using the local supermarket a few times just to try and find something different to eat. If the shuttle service came back from town later this would not have been as much of an issue.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

everything is standard, no inspiration or creativity to be found

the view from the pool is fine, the free sorbet at the pool at 4pm is a nice gesture, staff is friendly but in a mechanical way

• Quadruple Room

From the minute we arrived the service has been exemplary, the views are amazing and rooms comfortable. The food has been really good, with an incredible choice of food at breakfast.

• 23 July 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed and pillows could have been a little better but not bad my any means. The restaurant staff need a bit of an overhaul, the restaurant manager tries to do literally everything himself and is the only person that takes any orders. Most of the waiters struggled with basic English as well which made it hard sometimes. Less money needs to go into the fancy uniforms and more into training them to take orders and deliver menus promptly!

The free shuttle service to and from airport as well as to the beach and town was great to have as most hotels in Olbia seem to be fairly isolated. Nice hotel to relax at, beautiful view over the pool to the sea! Nice food in the restaurant at dinner! Not sure that I'll return to Olbia but would definitely stay here again if I did.

• 22 July 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a car but if you didn't have one it would be quite a long walk to the beach or restaurants. Other hotels we stayed in during our holiday offered a free shuttle bus to beaches, but we didn't ask if Luna Lughente had this service, to be fair.

The view from the infinity pool was wonderful! The suite was perfect and the breakfast choices varied and delicious. Reasonably close to Olbia airport so it was perfect for our first night or would be a suitable hotel for an early flight.

• 20 July 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Some unfriendly and unhelpful staff in dining area Shower flooded bathroom

Facilities including pool Proximity to attractions View Friendly staff at front desk who were accommodating and were able to split beds for us and giv recommendations Free shuttle buses

• 15 July 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Need a car...limited hotel transfers available to local beaches .Cannot walk to local beaches or bars (main road).local bus every 40 mins. Wedding weekends ..Noisy (wedding guests have no access to pool though)

Location and view, rooms. Infinity Pool small but perfectly placed for fantastic view.. The emerald coast and beaches..beautiful..balcony views Free transfer from airport..

• 13 July 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect for the 3 night stay I recently had with my sister. The staff are very friendly, the food is fantastic and very reasonably priced, our room was perfect and the facilities are brilliant. Fabulous infinity pool with 360 degree view. Supermarket and shops within a 10 minute walk - beach and restaurants within 30 minute walk. The road to the beach doesn't have a pavement so not advisable to walk after dark. We had the best holiday and will be back next year.

• 12 July 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Arranged to be taken to the airport hours in advance to catch the plane home and then staff tried to collect people from the beach instead who hadn't booked up to be collected. In the end common sense prevailed but we had a distressing 10 minutes arguing our case.

The pool was fantastic

• 9 July 2015

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The hotel was dead, no atmosphere at all. Hardly anyone in the bar in the evenings and no entertainment at all. We were there for 2 weeks eating the same food everyday as there was a very limited a la carte menu. The hotel kept saying that the menu would change but it didn't. Also very expensive for the quality of food served.

Lovely staff and hotel is spotlessly clean. However, apart from lying by the lovely pool, there is nothing else there to do.

• 2 July 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel is too far away from "other life" - there is a shuttle to Olbia and the Beach, but last drive back is around 7, so no time to enjoy the evening somewhere else - taxi was not easy to find

The pool and the view is great, friendly and happy room cleaner, it was clean and calm. Shuttle works also good!

• 1 July 2015

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not much going on at hotel if you're looking for something more fun. dinner menu quite limited for choice. No snacks available throughtout the day ( although great waiter service to sunbed with drinks & olives/nuts) Wedding on the Saturday meant some areas were out of use for Hotel guests, we left on the Saturday afternoon so did not effect us greatly but can imagine it would others who were still staying. Although none of the above effected us 4 women on a girly break, just wanting relaxing time.

everything was spotless & Clean. Room cleaned & fresh towels every day. Amazing views from pool & terrace. Very helpful staff. Brilliant & reliable shuttle service to lovely beach & centre ( just let them know at least an hour before needed, we booked time slots night before) Excellent breakfast. Great hotel if you're looking for a quiet break in a beautiful setting! Take the bus from centre up to Palou (5euro) for a boat trip around the Maddelena islands- amazing! We will return!

• 23 June 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The cost of taxi's back from the town in the evening.

The view here is amazing & the pool really lovely. Breakfast was very good and fresh fruit was available every day along with cereals & yoghurt if you were not after the hot options. The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels were provided every day.

• 21 June 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

If you don't drive there is not alot to do in the nearby vacinity, didn't see any buses either. There is a shuttle bus to take you to the beach or town centre available at reception but the times pick ups are two or 5 hours,Taxis are expensive. Menu didn't change apart from one evening where they had a pizza menu. But all in all really pleasant stay.

The views are fantastic, the staff are friendly good value for money

• 20 June 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

This hotel is not in the center of town. We actually found this to be a GOOD thing, but it is good to know before booking. Utilize the shuttle, the bus stop (a ten minute walk from the hotel) or taxis are easy to request.

The best thing about Luna Lughente is the beautiful location. The hotel is on top of a ridge that overlooks a beach one one side, and the bay of Olbia on another side. The views are incredible! The Infinity Pool is perfectly situated, clean, beautifully landscaped, and quiet. We chose not to rent a car and literally sat by the pool the whle three days of our trip. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious, with local specialties. The Maitre d, Armando, and his staff treated us wonderfully. Breakfast was plentiful, and overlooked the pool and the sunrise. Wifi worked everywhere throughout the hotel. Free shuttles to the beach or town, (if planned in advance) and free shuttle to and from the airport (must be requested two days in advance) made this the perfect trip for our anniversary vacation. We can't wait to return to Luna Lughente.

• 18 June 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location of my room (108) and noise Wait staff service (completely ignored me) Menu options (1 night only pizza) Location in relation to other activities Limited service during weddings (there were 2 in the 4 days I was there)

Pool Views Shuttle service

• 11 June 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel isn't in a great location if you do not hire a car and taxis are very expensive. It is also a wedding venue so be prepared for lots of people and noise!

The staff were helpful and friendly, the pool was fantastic with beautiful views.

• 11 June 2015

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel also caters for weddings and we were unable to have drinks or eat in the hotel during two of our 5 day stay! We were asked to have a drink sent to our room which we were charged €10 service charge for. The bed was so uncomfortable. One day we were told they had run out of still water, being 30 weeks pregnant in high heat this was not ideal! The hotel is not near anywhere and costs €20 there and back to the town. And so overall is an expensive unenjoyable place to stay!

Breakfast was nice and room was spacious