Reviews of The Square Milano Duomo 4 stars

Via Albricci 2-4, Milan City Center, 20122 Milan, Italy

#28 of 420 hotels in Milan

• January 20, 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

If I was staying longer I would probably think it was a little expensive for what it was.

The rooms were ver spacious and clean with everything we needed. The breakfast was very good. It was in a great location. Perfect for an overnight stay.

• January 13, 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The breakfast didnt have many options. We dont ar pork so we had to eat the types of bread they had.

Hotel location. Room size. Staff were very helpful. I want to thank Fabio for all his help!

• January 12, 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a bit small, but that was expected, and I only stayed for 1 night so it didn't inconvenience me at all.

Location was perfect, very central, and about 5 min walk to the Duomo Sqaure. Only stayed for 1 night so cant really say much!

• January 8, 2017

Parking 24 euro and 350 m from the hotel

A very nice hotel, clean and good located, good bed and pillows, great breakfast,restaurant around it ( Atypical - good food and wines)

• January 7, 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy from trams...

Perfect location within walking distance from all Milano attractions (both historical sites, museums and shopping). Good breakfast with sparkling wine. Modern looking designer interior.

• January 4, 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything!! This is a stylish, well designed hotel in an excellent location. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff were lovely. I even checked in and printed off boarding cards there which was such a relief as couldn't check inow before we left England. Would definitely stay again.

• January 3, 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything was excellent: the accommodation, the personnel, the breakfast (love the fruits and vegan options of milk), the location (5 minute relaxing walk from the Dome).

• December 30, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I lost my passport between the front desk and my room on the day of arrival, but I got an impression that the staff acted either indifferent or unsympathetic. Or they appeared to be more defensive. Which was the only blemish during my stay at hotel for 6 days.

All the museums, Castello Sforzesco, the famous shopping district, of course not to mention Duomo Cathedral, are located within walking distance, somewhere 10 to 15 minutes. The Metro station (subway) is right next to the Square, with one way fare 1.5 Euro, so I used it several times. Quite convenient. Local people were very kind and friendly, unlike those you would run into in France. Most of them spoke English fluently. The hotel room was very clean, and the staff were always eager to help and friendly. Wonderful breakfast that was included in the package was in my opinion a real value. One restaurant, named Alla Collina Pistoise, only 3 minutes from the Square, was a real authentic Milanese restaurant one must visit. Overall, my experience with the hotel way above average, despite the fact that I lost my passport inside the hotel.

• December 28, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Directions from the metro should include which direction to turn when you exit at the station.

Breakfast was wonderful - so much fresh fruit - and a nice touch to offer so much variety in milk type.

• December 26, 2016

• Deluxe Single Room

Staff completely unhelpful - did not give me a single piece of correct information. Really rude about the bill and were not clear about what they were charging me for.

• December 17, 2016

No complaints whatsoever!

Extraordinary contemporary-design hotel with all the amenities and then some. Incredibly good breakfast buffet. Outstanding staff.

• December 7, 2016

Nothing to dislike.

Rooms very quiet, clean and comfortable. Tea/coffee making facilities and complimentary water which is great. Lovely bathroom toiletries... excellent large walk in shower. Wonderful breakfast with superb choices.. location from main square couldn't be better. Staff very helpful. Would highly recommend.

• December 1, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location just a few minutes walk from duomo and shopping. Wonderful and helpful staff. Lovely and comfortable room. Made my short stay in Milan perfect.

• November 18, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Great location for La Scala and Duomo, Milan Cathedral. We were given a terrific large Executive room,511. No city view as promised but made up for by the quality of the room. Great Breakfast selection and very friendly and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Single Room

no chance for early check-in or late check -out. no matter you have genius or any status. No restaurant between meals time.

Very new, very modern, a lot of space in the room. close to Duomo Temple. Fantastic bed. High quality furniture. Design.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Staff handling issues was very poor. I booked. Suite for my honeymoon and discovered many things broken in the room. The bathroom door doesn't lock, the sink is broken and the balcony is much smaller than advertised, and check in time was late, I had to wait an hour in the lobby. There was poor room service. Won't stay there again.

Breakfast was great Room interior very good

Everything was perfect.

The staff was very professional and welcoming. Paola at the reception was awesome, gave us good information and did her job always with a smile. Modern, beautiful and clean room. Complete delicious breakfast.

• November 14, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful decor. Excellent breakfast buffet. Rooms are lovely decorated and beds are extra large and super comfortable. Great location within walking distance to the center!

• November 14, 2016

No complaints

The decor, awesome shower, great mattress, delicious breakfast, friendly staff, the perfect location, etc. We loved it all! We stayed here twice during our two month Italy trip.

• November 6, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I requested for early check in weeks before. They couldn't grant my request even if I wanted to pay. I came from a 20 Hour flight . Waited for 6 more hours before we got our room.

• November 6, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, the staff are amazing, the rooms are glorious and the breakfast is like nothing I've ever seen before. We stayed here during our honeymoon and had the most fantastic treatment. There is nothing I could fault, I want to live here!

• November 5, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Despite the fact I had requested early check in (it was only 1 hour) in my correspondence with the hotel some days ago, they made it impossible to provide the service (this lady in the reception called Grazia) and she was quite rude on this.

The whole stay in the hotel was excellent except for the early check in request

• November 3, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Helped us return our rental car when they didn't have to. Perfect location-fabulous roooms. Even when the area lost power, the staff was great in helping us find dinner. Would recommend this facility to anyone.

• October 30, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There wasn't any help with the luggage which is a first for me in any hotel. No bellboy at all, not while checking in or checking out. Other than that, it was a great stay

The hotel was very nice . Great location. Breakfast was excellent.

• October 24, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Less than 5 minutes walk to the Duomo and 100 metres from the Metro. Tram stop right outside the hotel, easy to get anywhere in Milan. Quiet location yet within easy reach of the major attractions.

• October 23, 2016

Nothing really

Location - bed & pillows very good as well as large room and very good bathrooms. All staff were friendly and very helpful. Would definately stay again.

• October 17, 2016

There are no gym facilities at this hotel, no in-room ironing facilities.

Breakfast was very good, and charging points next to the bed including USB sockets were a nice touch.

• October 15, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel wifi blocked icloud, so I couldn't backup my photos. Check in was at 2 pm, they told us we could try an early check in if available. We arrived earlier and the early check in wasn't available (ok, this happens), but the room was only ready for us at 2:30 pm, and the luggage was delivered to the room only at 3 pm, so we lost a couple of hours on that.

Room was amazing and big, very good bed and shower and incredible location (very near the Duomo and Vittorio Emanuele gallery). Wifi very good.

• October 14, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The lobby, the breakfast room and corridors could be more tasteful

Executive room is very nice, it comes with a Nespresso machine. The bathroom is beautifull. Excellent breakfast

• October 14, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Milan's taxi drivers are challenging...rude, impatient and not particularly trustworthy in our experience.....nothing the hotel could do about that.

The breakfast was so fabulous we were set for the entire day! Staff very helpful with information, reservations, calling taxi etc. W found a wonderful restaurant just round the corner (Bruno's) and we were two easy clocks from the Duomo.

• October 12, 2016

Not applicable

The location, friendliness of staff, their beds and pillows, their bar is awesome. Their breakfast, in particular their coffee was delicious

• October 8, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

I accommodated in the Square Milano Hotel from 2-4 October 2016. When I checked out, I paid the total amount which was 504.00 Euro since I have been debited 100.00 Euro in 25/9/2016. So, when I left the hotel, everything was already paid. I suddenly found today 6/10/2016 that my credit card has been used by the Square Milano Hotel for the amount of 604.00 Euro, which I do not why they used my card again. I'll be very grateful if you explain to me what is happining and return this amount to me.

Yes, it was a very good buffet

• October 6, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was only one drawer in the bedroom for shirts, etc. We mentioned this to Reception and were told that other people had made the same comment. Also, on the two days we were there our room was not cleaned until 3.00.pm. We were told this was because the hotel has a big turnover and priority is given to cleaning the rooms of those leaving first. Apart from this, we really liked the hotel and would stay there again.

On arrival the porter was immediately on hand to take in our luggage. The front desk staff were efficient, friendly and very helpful. we were upgraded to an executive room on the third floor. The room was large and overlooked a quiet side street. The bathroom was large and well appointed. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The location is great, being a seven minute walk from the cathedral and galleries.

• October 4, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Eventhough early check in was confirmed earlier. We could only check in at 2pm. The hotel staff at check in was not that friendly. Maybe she was a little bit tired.

The bed and pillows were excellent. The breakfast was good and the restaurant staff was very efficient. The service is AAA rating.

• September 26, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The extra large room was fantastic, allowing us space for bags and getting around them when open. Mightn't sound like much but after four weeks on the road we appreciated the spacious layout. Well designed rooms - good size bathroom with huge shower. Double-glazed windows kept the noise of trams to a minimum. Great location - a few minutes walk to Duomo and shopping. Front desk staff very helpful. Breakfast buffet had good selection of fresh produce. Also, tea and coffee making facilities in room. Found a few great restaurants within a few blocks. The hotel offers value for money and I would recommend.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

No drawers to store stuff in and we probably needed a bit more information on check in about breakfast etc - we had to figure out a lot of stuff ourself!

Super comfy beds, twin room was huge, great bathroom and loved the roof top bar. Great location for first time trip to Milan.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A wonderful modern decorated room with large walk-in shower in bathroom; bathrobes; coffee-pod machine in addition to usual kettle for tea/coffee facility with complimentary bottled water and chocolates; large breakfast menu and well presented in spacious breakfast room.

• September 25, 2016

Really expensive for a 4 star hotel. But that could be due to me staying there in the milan fashion week

1. Great location 2. Really nice service 3. Professional staff

• September 24, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel. Superb location. Staff was super helpful and when I got there early in the morning helped me figure out place for breakfast and dinner. Really filling and large breakfast.

• September 24, 2016

Although the rooms are very nice, the hotel has only basic facilities. Value for money is less than excellent as the prices at the time of my stay were very high (on the other hand it was at the time of the Fashion week so this could be the reason).

Rooms beautifully furnished. Excellent bed (hard), perfect linen. The room had a nice terrace. Breakfasts is lavish (especially for Italian standards).

• September 23, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The music (Muzak?) at breakfast and everywhere in the public areas was terrible. Can't even identify the era/genre: 90's, 00's? Inappropriate for this hotel and its clientele. Please...classical, jazz, even easy-listening or new age. Or nothing. Also, no turn-down service on 2nd night of stay. Mentioned both these things to front desk staff at checkout.

Excellent breakfast buffet. Nice shower and good towels. Staff friendly and helpful.

• September 20, 2016

• Family

Some of the staff need to be more customer friendly. It is not consistent with some staff being very friendly and helpful while others are not. A genuine smile will go a long way.

Newly renovated and with a good location.

• September 17, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bed was a little hard and pillows too low.

Great location with easy transport at your door step. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room were excellent. Bathroom spacious and modern. Staff very friendly.

• September 16, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Watch out at the Linate Airport for taxi/hire car rip offs asking 40-60 Eu for a 20Eu metered taxi. The scalper will tell you it is a long trip and lots of traffic! It's 8km and took 20 mins.

The breakfast was phenomenal. 4 cheeses, 4 prosciutto/ham and turkey. Salad and lots of fresh fruit. Huge pastry selection. It is a short walk to all the good shops and Duomo.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Hotel driver, who took us to the airport at 4 in the morning did not have "change" to balance set fare Disappointing experience at the end of great trip

Location, staff and cleanness

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We would have liked to have some drawers to be able to unpack more of our daily belongings.

Breakfast staff was friendly and attentive. The hotel is very modern and upscale.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great Hotel!! amazing breakfest, lovely staff. very clean and moderm room. very close to all of the turist places. we didnt have to take a taxi once! very reccomended

• September 11, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing to say here - there was nothing to dislike.

Hotel is situated around the corner from Duomo square, it's super clean, staff are very friendly and helpful, breakfast was brilliant as there was so much to choose from, the room was super clean and they even placed chocolates in our room everyday to wish us a good night plus we received cookies upon our welcome! Overall a fabulous place to stay and I'd happily come back here again when visiting Milan.

• September 8, 2016

• Deluxe Single Room

Very nice modern rooms, bed is extra large size and very comfortable, fantastic waterfall ceiling showers, gorgeous rooftop lounge and excellent breakfast, many choices . Great location. Literally 2 minute walk from duomo which is the center. This hotel is a gem. Staff very nice, smiling and helpful. Made my stay so much more pleasant in Milan. I'm recommending this hotel to everyone I know. So worth it!

• September 6, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A shower in the room instead of just a bath tub. Conditioner was not supplied.

Central to everything. Walking distance to everything. Breakfast supplied was excellent.

• September 5, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had 2 very large cracks in the basin in our bathroom which we thought were unhygienic and should be repaired especially for the price of the room

we thought the staff were excellent and the sevice was excellent

• September 5, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

breakfast look amazing, but not good (eggs and croissant are really not) I arrived very early and asked for an early check in the blond girl who welcome me at the front desk was really nice and speak a good french, I was the first, people where leaving and leaving very early this day I've waited for 2 hours and still no room for me, finally I left for a walk and came at 1PM, one hour before schedule check in and asked and they replied still no room available, just started to be nervous, people where still checking out, that means one hour late from the normal time which is noon usually. I got nervous and in 2 mns she found a room, by surprise..... I think the policy of the hotel is not giving rooms when you arrive early, which on my opinion and not really good, I told them, I think this is the first time it happened to me on a business trip, I am aware check in is not before 2 pm, but when you can arrange something for a client as a service it's good, won't come back to this hotel. Just like my room and the staff.

The room is great and very clean, spacious.The satff is really great

• September 1, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The rooftop restaurant operated by the adjoining sister hotel fell well below expectations . Average food and over-priced, although very good service

A modern well appointed hotel close to The Duomo and principal shopping area. Excellent breakfast offering . Friendly and helpful staff .

• August 30, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Can't think of anything at moment!

Great location, 400 metres from Piazza Duomo, & easy walk to everything & everywhere in Milano, quiet, good facilities, free wifi, love the contemporary design, lovely rooftop bar & restaurant.

• August 28, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

-Upon cheking in , they told me that i booked (Doable room or Twin bed) for 1 person and they charged me more than 100 Euro for the second prrson. ( i don't know why i will book a twin beds room if i'm 1 person) -Air condition is nightmare , you need to call the reception to set the temp!

-Room is clean. -Location is about 5-7 min walk to doumo. -Breakfast is good.

• August 27, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything about this hotel was excellent. We felt very happy throughout our stay, staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and it was great to be in such a stylish Italian environment, so close to the centre of the city

• August 23, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not enough milk in the room only 2 capsules per day but 4 coffee capsules, some English tea would be good too.

Lovely clean smart hotel with nice touches like a Nespresso machine in the room, nice toiletries. Great breakfast and nice roof bar. Chocolates in the evening, just mice touches that make your stay more enjoyable.

• August 22, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Water pressure and some information on arrival, eg. We were not aware of the complimentary refreshments in the lobby.

The rooftop terrace,a great place to view the city.

• August 21, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Amenities were average. Breakfest average. Lift very small. No real area to relax except on the roof, but not much there.

Overall a great stay. Very helpful service in a new hotel . Great location and a comfortable room. I had a corner room with two windows.. Would recommend to stay for short a period.

• August 20, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They don't have a gym or pool.

Perfect location, modern rooms, friendly staff, fantastic buffet breakfast, great view on roof terrace. A very comfortably stay.

• August 19, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Better staff communication. But a great city hotel.

Excellent modern hotel with comfy rooms. It's very near the duomo but in a calmer neighborhood. The rooms are large. The staff was young, eager and friendly but maybe a bit inexperienced.

• August 18, 2016

• Family

They made me loose a reservation for 7 nights and for two rooms as I requested to waive my cancellation and cut an amount of some nights but not the full payment as I had to cancell the reservation the same day . They were not helpful and hold to their policy as an excuse rather than making an exception to satisfy a guest who already been there on another reservation . They are not flexible as any other hotel . My advice is be careful when dealing with such hotels.

• August 14, 2016

• Family

It is indeed 5 minutes walking from Il Duomo BUT it is in a very ugly part of downtown. This is not a huge criticism, just an observation. Proximity compensates.

Very nivel hotel. Quality of construction amazing. Bathroom in our room amazing. Breakfast superb.

• August 11, 2016

No iron in the room

Excellent location, beautiful hotel, room spacious, comfortable beds, staff helpful, breakfast good selection, beautiful rooftop terrace bar. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel

• August 11, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Perfectly situated near the Duomo and Golden Square (shopping precinct) this hotel didn't just rest on its location laurels. Staff were very helpful at check in and the rooms were clean and modern. Proper double bed and quite spacious bathroom. The buffet breakfast was sprawling!

• August 9, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very hard mattress and very little power in the shower, impossible to get the shampoo out of long hair.. The aircon was difficult to adjust - room was very hot both nights

Beautiful rooms, great location & terrific breakfast.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This hotel is plain on the outside great inside! Perfect position for shopping great rooms very comfy bed and a fantastic breakfast best we had in Italy.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Nothing to dislike about this hotel

Our room and bathroom were very spacious and well-appointed with tasteful decor. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Large breakfast dining area with a good range of breakfast foods. Close walking distance to Milan Cathedral and to Missori metro stop.

Loved it all

Absolutely perfect - location, bedroom, breakfast and beautiful room terrace but best of all the lovely staff who could not have been kinder or nicer to deal with

• August 4, 2016

• Family

There was no iron to iron your clothes if you were there for a longer period of time. To wash your clothes your instructed to take them to a sister hotel down the road at a unworthy price

Breakfast was good, staff were often friendly

• August 3, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was perfect, and the breakfastroom nice. The rooms were big with space, and the bed was very comfertable. Over all a very pleasant stay.

• August 3, 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

You get everything what you expect for this price - delicious breakfast, elegant room, spacy bathroom, central location, and also nice surprices from the staff - really good choice for a stay or sort weeked shopping trip.

• August 2, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

When I wanted to iron a couple of items of clothing I had to go to the hotel on the corner of the road. It wasn't a huge problem but did surprise me. Which meant I had to get dressed and put my shoes on.

Everything from the onset was amazing! The staff had kept the note to say it was my husbands birthday and wished him happy birthday upon arrival. We received an upgrade, free drink at the bar as our room wasn't quite ready and also returned to a bottle of prosecco in our room the first night! Excellent service and would definitely return. Breakfast choices were great and a glass of bubbly at breakfast too!

• July 29, 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room safe should be moved higher.

After spending the last 10 days in Iceland and Switzerland at similarly priced hotels, The Square Milano Duomo was sheer luxury! From check in to the nice sized bedroom n bathroom ( with plush robes) and great breakfast. Fantastic location.

• July 26, 2016

No ironing in the toom

The rooms are very good and big The restaurants are excellent The staff is friendly The location is close to thr Dumo The terrace is very beutiful

Browse The Square Milano Duomo Traveler Photo Gallery