Reviews of Riad Asmitou

32 RUE BAGDAD, 44000 Essaouira, Morocco

#42 of 87 hotels in Essaouira

• September 22, 2016

The hostess was extremely helpful, although there was a slight language barrier she more than made up for this with how welcoming she was. A beautiful little Riad with lovely terrace for breakfast, we were made to feel very at home.

• August 18, 2016

Kids playing in the street below in the late evening were a bit noisy.

Excellent breakfast served on a comfortable roof terrace. The location in the old medina was just right.

• May 29, 2016

I copy a note I read : "Hard to find...especially when booking.com is showing the wrong place on the map."

Nice and sunny bedrooms in the morning on the last floor. Breakfast on the terraces. The staff is really nice, open, rather dynamic and gives good advices. The decor is soft and relaxing.

• March 24, 2016

Very nice ambiance, clean, comfortable rooms, and very friendly staff. Fantastic location that gives you a great feel for the city. We enjoyed our time here. I wish there were more places like this!

• February 29, 2016

I have been in asmitou several times. This is the first time with the new staff. The riad is pleasant as usual. The new staff is very kind. I have to say that the breakfast before was amazing, now is good anyway

• October 31, 2015

EVERY NOISY PLACE. 1. We coulnd sleep due to plastic roof which covered patio. Each time wind blown plastic roof went up and fell down giving terrible noise! Roof hasn't been secured enough and I tried to fix it myself at 3am to catch at least few hours sleep, but I failed with the task miserably. I received appologies next morning, but I really doubt anyone will care enough to fix it for future guests. 2. DRUMS MUSIC by street kids. The same corner Riad was at there was kids music gathering which started around 19 and finished 2 in the morning. There were several kids playing drums, shouting and shooting firecrackers. Noise was unbearable. Along with falling plastic roof it was really horrible night for us. I was checking other hotels in the night to move out! Not recommending for sure to enyone.

Patio in the ground floor.

• June 16, 2015

• Superior Family Room

The room was not air conditioned so it got a bit too warm overnight and the riad was not able to provide any electric fans for our room. It was a bit silly for the toilet to be on one side and the showers and sink to be in a separate area, with no door or anything. We shared the room between two girls and a guy so it was a bit inconvenient as the guy could never use the sink when someone was in the shower.

Great location in the medina which is close to what you need to see. Staff are friendly and helpful when we asked for suggestions of places to see and shop.

• June 9, 2015

I stayed in top room. No hot water. No wifi signal. The floor was very dusty (I do yoga on the floor). If I paid normal price I would score this place very low. But I got special offer which was more adequate for what I got.

The best breakfast ever. Nice staff.

• April 6, 2015

Hard to find...especially when booking.com is showing the wrong place on the map:((((

Nice, clean room with bathroom...delicious breakfast... three lovely terraces...

• November 4, 2016

• Superior Family Room

No remarks, maybe only WI-FI could be better in rooms.

Great staff, great location and very clean place.

• May 26, 2016

Staff is great, well located and the breakfast was great and served on a beautiful terrace.

• May 19, 2016

• Family

The stuff were very helpful, the location is perfect and the room was cozzy

• March 30, 2016

Wifi..

Breakfast was awsome, staff awesome plus. It was like a home, with service :)

• February 29, 2016

The staff is extremelly friendly the hotel is finely decorated and the atmosphere is very relaxing great choice!

• December 29, 2015

The place and the service.

• November 18, 2015

The street noise at night

We loved the riad the room was Nice and cosy Breakfast on the terrasse was perfect

• October 18, 2015

• Superior Family Room

very noisy due to the public drink water supply under my window

very friendly staff

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Riad Asmitou Traveler Photo Gallery