Reviews of Beachhostel Holland

4.3

4.5

• January 1, 2017

• Quadruple Room

A lot of noise of the bar. Don t forget your earplugs. The beds are not very comfy

Cheap place to stay. We just stayed here to sleep and do a race the day after. Nice bar underneath the hostel.

• December 16, 2016

Breakfast served only from 9 AM. Not good when traveling for work or having to leave early.

Really a small hotel rather than a hostel. Co-located with a nice pub at the heart of Katwijk. Nice staff.

• October 4, 2016

Lack of towels, they provided only one set instead of two. The shower is super small and not clean, black moulds are present on the tiles of the shower. no soap and no shampoo were provided. SInce the whole batroom is the shower it gets all wet and water flows to the room. It is not possible to sleep untill the very loud music from the bar at the reception is gone (3 am!).

The breakfast was good and the location as well.

• September 23, 2016

noisy environment, also in the (late) evening breakfast not served before 09:00 !!! no separate hotel entrance bath room: basic + small & no toilet articles

Arrival hours close to ESTEC shuttle bus Bed

• September 22, 2016

Breakfast will be served at 9 o'clock! Check out earlier than 9 to the cleaning staff if you can find them! You pay 10 € deposit for the key. No announcement in the streat where the hotel is.

• September 13, 2016

all good!

good location (close to shops, beach...), great bar downstairs Wasn´t so loud. We stayed in hotel during friday night and the bar was closed around 1!

• August 26, 2016

• Six-Person Room

The rooms are located above a very busy bar with a nightclub opposite, neither of which finish serving until the early hours of the morning. Hence the noise is horrendous at closing time and the disturbance lasts for about 90 minutes thereafter. If you choose to close the windows to minimise the noise, you end up cooking in the room as there is no air conditioning. In short, DON'T stay here as you are guaranteed NOT to have any sleep. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in over 30 years of travelling throughout the world.

Absolutely nothing.

• June 16, 2016

• Quadruple Room

Internet service is good.

When I arrived, the staff had no record of my booking - they had to call their manager. I was not made aware in advance that it was a shared room with bunk beds. This was not shown in the on-line pictures. Luckily I had it to myself. The price OK for a private room, but too much for a shared room. No towel provided. No access to coffee etc after bar closes. Could do with at least a vending machine.

• June 2, 2016

The place was a late night disco downstairs which was not advertised. My partner and I travelled for work training which cost us over 3000 for tuition. Because of the hostel we barely slept and found it hard to do our training. It ruined our entire trip. I'm so so disgusted. We tried to leave but hadn't enough money for other accommodation and the hostel wouldn't refund our money which they took on the first night. I hated it. Destroyed my trip and the staff were nasty. Loud music loud people banging doors..window wouldn't close properly...bed springs dug in my back...no fresh towels each day..ugh I could go on. But I wanna forget that part of my life.

Nothing I'm claiming my money back.

• May 1, 2016

• Quadruple Room

Beware: unless you are a party animal that likes to go on till the wee morning hours, do NOT go here on a weekend, the so-called 'pub', downstairs is the local disco. everybody in Katwijk will be here on a Saturday, drinking, dancing and getting drunk until 4/5 a.m. You will not sleep in your hostel bed, earplugs won't help, it is really that loud. and the later it gets, the louder it gets. Prepare for non-sleep.

Very close to the beach. breakfast okay friendly staff

• April 28, 2016

1. No signboard of the hotel. How do I find it?? 2. Never seen such small toilet in my life. They should shut down this hotel. 3. Not single glass to drink water in the room. No soap, no place to keep clothes. 4. Doors are not soundproof. 5. Room heater seems like 200 year old. Makes sound. 6. They said king size bed but it is actually two single beds joined.The joint makes the bed horrible. 7. The light in my toilet was not working.

The restaurant and bar was good. Their burger is really good. the bedsheet and blanket was clean. The smoking room in the downstairs bar. People are friendly and helping.

• April 22, 2016

No clean, small room, small bathroom, people attending us were drunk (so much!!). No wifi. The man was very rude, they enter to clean the room for the next client while all our baggage was there, before the checkout. They don't clean it for the next one again when we left the room. The man said that if we wanted the deposit back (10euros) we had to clean and organice the room for the next customer... And one night 54,80euros paid in advance. Really... Unbelievable!!!!

Nothing.. the hell is better!!!

• January 11, 2017

Size of the room and bathroom.

Good location, fun at night (if you dont mind a bit of music at the blawen bock), awesome breakfast.

• December 31, 2016

Above a crowded bar; appears to not have been cleaned thoroughly; no common decencies like a little shampoo or even toilet paper

• November 23, 2016

Cold floor.

Very close to the beach and buses

• November 6, 2016

Bed, and stairs

Grand cafe is good, burger excellent

• August 4, 2016

• Six-Person Room

It's Not a hostel. You can't bring or Rat your on good and drinks. It's not on the beach. But close to it.

• July 4, 2016

• Six-Person Room

The room is very very dirty and the bed is broken we hear a voice when moving then we did not sleep all the night

• June 2, 2016

• Quadruple Room

The manager of the bar is really nice, we had a crazy evening with good music, bitterballen and beers :)

• May 26, 2016

I would imagine it could be noisy at weekends and busy periods being located above a bar.

It was cheap in a good location near the sea front.

• April 26, 2016

Too noisy

Ffriendly personnel

• April 17, 2016

Noise from night club. Dirty toilet. Light did not work in the bathroom.

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Beachhostel Holland Traveler Photo Gallery