Reviews of Radisson Blu Atlantic Hotel, Stavanger 4 stars

Olav V's Street 3, 4002 Stavanger, Norway

#18 of 52 hotels in Stavanger

• 2 January 2017

• Standard Guest Room

I only stayed three nights!

The welcome, the staff, the comfort. The location was very good being a short distance from the centre so less busy. Smaller than its companion Radisson (Currently under reconstruction [Jan 2017]) it was a more friendly atmosphere.

• 21 September 2016

• Standard Guest Room

The location is very convenient, right next to the bus stop and train station. The staff was very kind, making all kinds of phone calls for us(because we forgot somethings at the airport), and providing maps and time tables of the ferry. There is a public computer where you can print out tickets and all sorts of stuff. The breakfast was nice. We had a wonderful stay~~

• 13 September 2016

• Single Guest Room

The wifi connection was weak, no steam/sauna facilities, the staff service was just average, not going the extra mile for guests.

The location was great, plenty of food choices during breakfast.

• 3 September 2016

• Single Guest Room

The city was full with visitors from all over the world attending the ONS conference but the hotel did not consider this for the hotel arrangements to host them and here are what I didn't like: 1- Breakfast has limited options and doesn't have the variety, every day the same. I didn't see waffles, pancake, brown or white toast or peanut-butter. 2- TV has limited Norwaigen channels and was not programmed to have Arabic or English European or American Channels such as BBC, Skynews, CNN or others.

Location excellent near shopping, cafes and Resturants area

• 27 August 2016

• Single Guest Room

paranoid elevator (you have to use your card to activate it) - does it mean there's a lot of shady people in the area? A bit pricey, especially considering there was no good view from the room

Good location - essentially in city center, good breakfast. Free parking (it's not big though, so I guess on busy days you may not fit there).

• 27 August 2016

• Single Guest Room

The car park is small and generally full but there is a secured car park which costs NOK 200 for overnight The decor is slightly dated

Reasonable 4-star hotel with not much problem. Location is good, close to bars and restaurants and the harbour Has a gym and sauna

• 24 August 2016

• Single Guest Room

Great location/view from the room. Attentative stuffs. Tasty breakfast with variety. Especially I liked plums. Spacious room. High speed internet.

• Standard Guest Room

Didn't like the bed position - it was at an angle and took up too much room. Room 616. Taxi drivers outside our window were shouting to each other across the road at 2am !

food and service were good.

• Single Guest Room

As a solo traveller, I often get grotty little rooms in a forgotten part of a hotel....NOT with Atlantic Radisson Blu...a lovely spacious room with view onto Breiavanet in the middle of Stavanger....thank you.

• 22 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

That we only spent one night.

OMG...the view from our room on the ninth floor over-looking the lake and park was just to die for. Add to that we had a full moon with streaks of clouds decorating the sky. To go to bed and wake up to a view like that is to be suspended in the bliss between bookends of a fairy tale.

• 21 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Hotel parking free but excessively small. Difficult to park the car. We had problems with the room heating system (heating was necessary due the low outside temperatures). Staff was not able to solve satisfactorily the problem. In our sons' room the heating system was working but noisy. Limited choice for the continental breakfast.

The position of the hotel is great. Near to Stavanger centre (5 minute walk). View from the room wonderful.

• 16 August 2016

• Single Guest Room

the gym was right above my room so one night I was startled at someone being a little overzealous with the weights.

the view from my room was way better then I expected it to be!! and after the first full day there I came back to my room with a tray of goodies waiting for me!!

• 16 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Cost of drinks at bar. Be prepared for hefty pricing in Norway £7.50 for a bottle of beer. That's average price in Norway

Lovely views. Plenty of choice ar breakfast, location. Drop off right outside of hotel from airport from NUMBER 5 Flybusssen

• 9 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

We asked for a room with a view as my wife does less 'exploring' than me. The hotel gave us a front room overlooking the city lake and also one with a bath. No extra charge Very central to the city...airport bus stops outside

• 4 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

We were woken at 2:10 am by taxi drivers parked outside the hotel shouting to each other across the road. Perhaps they could park at one side of the road only to eliminate this.

The breakfast was good

• 2 August 2016

I could not find.

Location. Staff. Breakfast was great. I really enjoyed my stay. I want to recommand for hiking people. Because of near by bus terminal.

• 1 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

I personally do not like fixed carpet in hallways of hotels. It is impossible to clean or keep it spotless.

Breakfast was really good and starts early, which is nice if you want to go hiking at Lysefjord. Location in the centre is ideal an not noisy at all. We did an overnight trip at Lysefjord and took only what we needed and personnel was very helpfull to store our luggage in a secured and locked place.

• 24 July 2016

• Business Class Room

Housekeeping and breakfast needs improvement. Also staff are not familiar with the attractions. We were in floor 13 there was bad smell in our room

• 21 July 2016

• Single Guest Room

Nothing. You were everything I needed.

Oh my goodness what a breakfast!! Freshly baked breads, cereal, yoghurt, cheeses, fresh fruit, hot food. The fish and poached eggs were amazing!! Best accommodation I've stayed in for the three weeks travelling Europe!

• 21 July 2016

• Single Guest Room

The staff was friendly but the information she gave was wrong. Bus stop location for airport was wrong and she said one hour earlier departure for airport would be enough but I missed my flight !

Very good location and good breakfast. Gym was nice and room was clean.

• 18 July 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Some areas of the hotel have a tired feeling with warn-out carpets. bathrooms are small with old fittings.Comfort in Central

Fantastic view from my room on 12th floor. Free wifi. Very extensive breakfast buffet. Airport 'Flybuss' stops directly at the hotel.

• 12 July 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Water temperature of shower was either very hot (could not get cold water) or cold. There were obviously some issues with the water heating system

Great location, nice view, cosy room, good breakfast.

• 12 July 2016

• Single Guest Room

The only thing that I didn't like was no information beforehand about the fact that the block the deposit of 200 crowns on your card for every night you stay. It was all, of course, explained to me after I asked, but I think that such fact should be clearly stated at the begginging. I was really suprised that they blocked more money on my card than the booking.com confirmation stated.

• 10 July 2016

• Standard Guest Room

No pizza in room service after kitchen closes. Guess thats fair

I'm overly excited about how they handled my uptight specifications to the dot. Exactly what I expect from a decadent Hotel like this. Got upgraded to a suite with no extra charge, due to my regular room was occupied. This is the reason I always stay here, the service is great!

• 8 July 2016

• Standard Guest Room

With only one night in Stavanger, and arriving fairly late, the Radisson Blu Atlantic Hotel was perfectly suited to our travel needs. Short taxi ride from the airport, beautiful location, staff on hand to answer some questions, and a very nice breakfast served EARLY. We were able to stash our travel packs in the luggage room and make our way over to the ferry in just a few minutes walk. It made the day of hiking to Pulpit Rock even more of a pleasure.

• 3 July 2016

• Standard Guest Room

We had problems with our keycard for the elevator and the room,

Hotel is situated very close to the main station and the central bus Station. Harbour is within walking distance. We have had a big room with perfect view. The fitness room has a perfect view also. Breakfast was good!

• 28 April 2016

• Single Guest Room

80's style The toilet was not cleaned when I checked in. There was no shower gel in the bathroom. The hair dryer is so weak.

Nice staff and perfect location.

• 24 April 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Overpriced alcohol in the mini bar and on site bar was round the corner and couldn't bring beer back to hotel. The bath was tiny.

The view was really good from the 10th floor. The bed was comfortable and was made fresh everyday. Room was tidyied everday breakfast was very good. Free movies in the room too.

• 9 April 2016

• Standard Guest Room

The rooms could do with a little bit of updating.

The rooms are really big with plenty of storage and comfortable beds. We had a room on one of the higher floors at the front so had a lovely view of the lake.

• 16 February 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Hotel rooms and corridors looking a bit tired and in need of some decoration

Very central location and lovely outlook over the lake. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice

• 16 February 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - 35 Square Metres

More vegetarian options for breakfast , orange juice and fruits were a bit sour but that could be because it's off season.

We stayed in one bedroom suite , room was nice and spacious . Comfortable bed , no problems with wifi . Staff was attentive and friendly. We received a fruit and chocolate platter upon arrival which was a pleasant way to start our trip. The bar has a old but regal feel to it making it a delight to enjoy a few drinks before dinner.

• 9 February 2016

• Single Guest Room

The rooms are a bit dated and need some TLC. Heater wouldn't switch off for instance and furniture was a bit used. But the price was not high so I guess that evened out.

The location is fab and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.

• 21 January 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Great location, 2 minutes from the harbour, 5 minutes from the shops, fantastic view over the lake and the (expensive) airport shuttle bus stops right outside (every 20 minutes)

• 18 January 2016

• Business Class Room

Hot room and very noisy aircon which was impossible to turn off. And why such massive pillows - made for an uncomfortable night's sleep

Location and great hot breakfast

• 17 January 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Great Hotel - one of the best views ever from a hotel. Close to bus station, waterfront, lake, shops and eateries. Friendly, professional staff, clean rooms and delicious breakfast!

• 5 January 2016

• Standard Guest Room

The rooms are old and not very up to date. Cleaning is also not up to the standard expected of a Radisson Blue Hotel.

Very good location! Fantastic sauna on the top floor with an amazing view.

• 17 October 2015

• Single Guest Room

the receptionist i met on arrival was ignorant, inconsiderate and cold. she insisted that i have to pay a deposit or i will not be given the room which i have already paid for in advance. Pay the deposit or no room!! I asked her: suppose that i don't have money what will happen? she said: still no room!!!! Very bad attitude.

• 29 September 2015

• Standard Guest Room

poor menu very expensive in dining room very expensive bar drinks

great view in room on 7th floor spacious clean room very quiet good breakfast selection

• 22 September 2015

• Standard Guest Room

The food in the restaurant in the hotel is expensive and the added service charge of 80 NOK for room service.

Nice clean big room, nice bathroom, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent location and good variety of breakfast

• 20 September 2015

• Standard Guest Room

Nothing - the hotel was comfortable, clean, modern, quiet, and very cozy.

Excellent breakfast, lots of options, good quality. Cappuccinos are delicious. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with views (optional) of the lake, fountain, and town. The room service menu is incredible - I highly recommend ordering "in" one evening.

• 3 September 2015

• Standard Guest Room

Central location overlooking lake, easy acess to train station bus depot and short walk to ferry for Pulpit Rock trip. An older hotel but generally well presented. Breakfast great selection in lovely room, Esspresso coffee made if requested. Able to open window for fresh air. Quiet Hotel

• 25 August 2015

• Standard Guest Room

The temperature of the room was a bit too hot.

Everything. The hotel is ideally located, with a bus stop to/ from the airport right in front of it, and the central train station 100mts away. The staff is really friendly, and per 60nok they let you do your own lunch pack for hiking at the breakfast. Really cheap lunch!!

• 23 August 2015

• Standard Guest Room

Excellent location near waterfront overlooking a pretty park. Comfortable beds and general decor as you would expect. Very nice staff who were kind to our dog and helpful with sightseeing trips.

• 22 August 2015

• Standard Guest Room

We landed early from Bergen and had to wait for check in for about 2-3 hours. The front desk executive promised a room with a good view but when we returned we were being nudged into a room on the backside of hotel. We had to remind them of the promise and then were reluctantly provided one at the farthest end of the hotel..:-)

Location is perfect. Hotel is neat and clean. Very well equipped hotel. Good value for money. Equally well suited for business and leisure. The airport bus leaves from the doorstep of Hotel. The central bus station is about 200 meters and the ferry terminal is about 1km.

• 13 August 2015

• Standard Guest Room

perfect location and beautiful view. The building itself is not new but room is well maintained and faciliated. Breakfast is also very good, many options. Airport shuttle stops in front of the hotel.

• 7 July 2015

• Standard Guest Room

Great location, practically next door to the bus terminal. Only 200m+ from the central harbor but far enough that you don't hear the partying. Well appointed hotel, friendly staff.

• 29 June 2015

• Standard Guest Room

Location, location. Close for everything ( transport, food & shopping). Clean room and my room is facing the lake. It was so nice and beautiful. My room is comfortable and good breakfast too..

• 23 June 2015

• Standard Guest Room

No variation of the breakfast (same menu) No guide was found in recreation area

Very good breakfast. Central location. Convenient access to vital points of the city. Good interior of hotel. Kind service by the staff.

• 20 June 2015

Nothing much.

The breakfast quality is among the best in our trip to Norway this time. Central location in the city with walkable distance to all places of interest . Airport bus stops right outside the hotel as well.

• 14 April 2015

• Standard Guest Room

The rooms are really, really worn out. There are marks on walls and Furniture everywhere. There are unmasked holes from old equipment. When I asked for the trouser press to be fixed, I was asked if I could not iron instead (!) So much for "no excuses". When I checked into the room one of the duvets had clearly been used. Although this was immedeatly fixed. The minibar prices are exorbitant (but that is Norway).

The location is great. If you have a room on the right side, the view is great over the town and lake. The sauna with a view of large parts of Stavanger and the fjords is a rare feature.

• 7 April 2015

• Standard Guest Room

Great location, delicious breakfast, very helpfull staff. Beautiful view from the hotel room window and very nice sauna! Had a great time. Would recommend to everyone.

• 9 February 2015

• Standard Guest Room

The hotel is past its sell by date. Carperts worn. Decor old and tired.

The location is great for the town. Good WiFi connection speeds. Food was good and several bars to choose from.

• 7 November 2016

Bad service, no information. Hotel under renovation.

Hotel under renovation.

• 16 September 2016

Bathrooms need updated

Location and staff

• 31 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

great location with beautiful view on Stavanger, friendly staff, rich good breakfast buffet

• Standard Guest Room

Everything - staff fantastic - breakfast great but need a toaster

• Standard Guest Room

busy at breakfast buffet lack of decent cup of coffee

magnificent views comfy bed ideally located

No comment

Our whole experience at this Hotel was excellent, we will certainly try and use this Hotel chain in future.

• 29 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

No coffee or tea in the afternoon

Breakfast was good

• 29 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Excellent location and breakfast. stuffs were very polite and helpful. I recommend one of the best hotel to stay.

• 25 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Friendly and helpful staff at reception. Excellent location.

• 24 August 2016

Great breakfast...

• Single Guest Room

Airport shuttle stops in front of hotel and everything is near from hotel. Also city view from hotel is very nice.

• Standard Guest Room

Run down furniture in the room

The lake view : a must!

Building is a bit old,

great view from room with balcony towards City Center, good breakfast, perfect coffe

• Single Guest Room

Reception staff are lovely, asked for a room with a bathtub and got it, along with some bath salts!

• 19 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

good location, kettle in the room, will stay again next time.

• 19 August 2016

• Single Guest Room

No expresso coffee for breakfast

Excellent breakfast spread. ..

• 18 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Breakfast selection was very poor & bad quality.

Excellent location with lovely view over Lake. Friendly staff.

• 14 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Looking a little dated now but still okay with good location

• 11 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Rooms need renovation. The hotel has only one person at the front desk most of the time. Calls go unanswered.

Excellent location!helpful staff.

• 2 August 2016

• Standard Guest Room

Staff, location, view and breakfast were all amazing. Plus the under floor heating in the bathroom was very useful for drying our hiking clothes.

• 1 August 2016

• Single Guest Room

room carpet needs to be replaced. Starting to look to shabby.

• 29 July 2016

Car parking was poor.

• 26 July 2016

• Standard Guest Room

The air con was crazy loud. Not a great breakfast selection.

Plenty of elevators. Good soundproofing