Reviews of Marina Lounge Hostel

9.8

9.9

• November 20, 2016

• Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

You might be thankful for the provided earplugs.

Most friendly and helpful hosts. Antonio knows every inch of the island and will even guide you to the bus station if neccessary. Delicious and rich breakfast. Very comfy beds!

• November 4, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

At first the hostel is quite difficult to spot from the street as there is no sign on the door. Just follow the adress :)

Lovely place! Owners spoil you with excellent food, great knowledge about the island and they are helpful with anything you need. Cosy common area is nice for rest after busy day.

• October 16, 2016

• Twin Room with Terrace

Very clean and comfortable - our hosts were amazing, and incredible cooks. The breakfast s they prepared and our overall stay was so much more than what we expected!

• October 3, 2016

• Family Room with Terrace

What a perfect start in ponta delgada! If there are any questions Antonio probably has an answer! ;) Its a nice place close to the harbor. The breakfast was incredible - a lot of homemade delicious things!

• September 25, 2016

• Family Room with Terrace

We loved our hosts! They are welcoming and are the best tour guides in Ponta Delgada. The hostel is very cosy and beautifully decorated, in the center of Ponta Delgada. We LOVED the heart-warming breakfasts!

• September 14, 2016

• Family

Beautiful place to stay. I wish I spent more time on the island. Antonio and Lino are very welcoming hosts: their breakfasts are exceptional, they help you with everything you need. Could not be better.

• September 10, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The only drawback about this hostel (or any accommodation in the city centre of Ponta Delgada) is the loud traffic in the night. Because the streets are quite narrow and the car/motorcycle drivers don't care about nighttime peace it can be very noisy. Fortunately guests are provided with earplugs.

The hosts, Antonio and Lino, were the best! They didn't treat me like a guest but an old friend :-) Every morning a wonderful complimentary breakfast was served with local fruits, hand-made quiche and pastries. Local black and green tea, coffee and cacao was even offered 24/7 for free! The Wifi is also very fast. The hosts gave me good tips about Ponta Delgada and the Azores in general. This place felt like home to me, was sad to leave actually ;-) Will come back as soon as possible!

• September 8, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

A little bit noisy at night from street and trucks

It was great pleasure to live here like at home! Antonio and Lino took care about every guest, gave good advices about destinations, made for us breakfasts and azorian-style pizza)) Thanks for changing dorm to single without extra pay

• September 4, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I was told off for booking only 2 nights of stay as it was high season and most of the accommodations were fully booked.it made me a bit stressed as instead of enjoying my birthday I was browsing all the accommodations to find a place to stay.In the end I managed to book another great place and enjoy the rest of my stay. Also, I would say it is more suitable for couples as if you are there on your own, you might feel a bit lonely at times.

Antonio and Lino are the perfect hosts, always so caring and full of good advice. They are always interested in how your day has gone and what you could do/see on other days. The breakfast is one of the best I have seen during my travels (freshly cooked food and home baked cakes plus lots of local products, so yummy!) and it's such a nice event as you chat to all the other travellers. Such a great place. I booked a dorm but somehow due to some mistake I was given a single room (but at a dorm price).thank you so much Antonio and Lino!it was my perfect birthday gift!

• August 15, 2016

• Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Hosts were VERY fiendly and helpfull, they helped us to fix a reservation problem with our next accomodation! Self-made breakfast was a dream for a french gourmet like me :-)) It was for us the best stay in ponta delgada! Go there and enjoy!

• August 7, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Best hostel ever stayed! The home-made breakfast is very delicious and the two owners are very caring. All in all it has a very homey and cozy atmosphere. If I visit Ponta Delgada again this hostel is definately the one I would stay again.

• August 3, 2016

• Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

We had a really nice time there - very nice guys who are running the hostel and helped us a lot with organizing our trip. The rooms are really nice and the b great part is the amazing breakfast :)

• August 3, 2016

• Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Great place, everything was just perfect. Feeled like home. And finally... delicious breakfasts. Antonio & Lino, thanks once again for your hospitality and invaluable help with planning our trips around the island. Dobranoc!

• August 1, 2016

In short: great hosts, great breakfast, great place to meet other travellers. The hostel is very centrally located, can be somewhat busy at night on the road side but didn't bother us much. We highly appreciated the time taken by Antonio and Lino to explain us everything there is to know about Sao Miguel and to organize our car rental, which is pretty essential for this island. Great stay!

• July 23, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I can't think of a thing!

This was hands-down one of the most amazing experiences I've had traveling. I was traveling with friends for other parts of my trip but this portion was solo. I am so happy that I chose Marina Lounge. Antonia and Lino were exceptional hosts was the first greeting to the final hug. The breakfast spread every morning was something I have told everyone about. I have literally never seen anything like it in a 5-star resort, especially not a hostel. They are so warm and helpful. They are people that you just want to be friends with. My São Miguel experience would have been something very different without them. :) You are silly to stay anywhere else in São Miguel!

• July 19, 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Antonio and Lino were excellent hosts. They create a friendly environment by enabling guests to meet each other over a delicious breakfast at a communal table. They are very generous with their time, providing lots of local tips and advice, helping with bookings at next locations, airport bus pick up and so-on. The decor of the hostel is very attractive; each room has a theme and the common areas have lots of interesting features. The care taken shows a welcome pride in running their business, which makes the hostel a really great place to stay.

• July 13, 2016

• Standard Twin Room

For us it was the best Hotel/Hostel experience so far. You will start every morning with an amazing breakfirst and wonderful people in a lovely and familiar atmosphere. The rooms are big and with a lot of light and I think I never had such a good bed in hotel. Everything is super clean and made with love. The owners will give you tips you can visit the days and check the weather with you every morning so you can enjoy the island the best and give you tips for restaurants and bars. In the evenings we met to have drinks together with lovely people who also stayed in this hostel. We made really nice new friends and enjoyed the place as much as we could do. Thank you so much to make our vacation an amazing and lovely time. I would recommend this hostel to everybody.

• July 9, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

A tiny bit noisy from the street if you sleep with the window open.

The hosts Antonio and Lino are amazing and so helpful. The Breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hostel. Location is great! Such a good Vibe! I decided to stay an extra night! loveeeee it

• July 5, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The hostel's location is fantastic - very central; close to restaurants, bars, seaside, bus stops, tourism office and touristic attractions, ATM, etc. The hosts are very welcoming and be prepared - they will definitely pamper you to make sure you feel like home. Besides the great atmosphere, it's worth noting the hostel's cleanliness, coziness and amazing breakfasts (yummy!!!). If you haven't done your homework before coming to the Azores - don't worry, Antonio and Lino will tell you all you need to know to enjoy your stay.

• July 5, 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Very friendly place. Conveniently located near the marina and town centre. Bathrooms are not en suite, but well appointed and sufficient. Breakfast (with delicious foods) on one table encourages chats with other guests. Staff are very friendly and helpful and gave us some good advice on places to eat, drink and visist without being obtrusive. Comfortable and cosy. Heartily recommended for your visits to Ponta Delgada.

• July 3, 2016

Absolutely nothing

Nothing is too much trouble for Antonio &Lino. Unbelievable freshly cooked pastries , tarts and croissants every morning for breakfast. Everyone from a dozen different nationalities sat around one big table. The conversation and humor every day was terrific !! Lovely white bed linen and towels. Very helpful housekeeping staff too. We have already booked our next stay !!

• June 21, 2016

Nothing. All Positive.

This was my first hostel experience, and I was spoiled by Antonio's amazing breakfast everyday. Location is perfect, very clean, and Antonio and Lino create a friendly atmosphere among the guests. Antonio helped me with finding a affordable car rental, and gave me tips on the azores map, things to see and places to eat... (more than once : ) If you are in Sao Miguel, don't miss staying at this hostel! Thank you for everything, it was a pleasure to meet you and stay at Marina Lounge. I will be back. - Sonia

• June 21, 2016

• Twin Room with Terrace

Stop looking and just stay here while you're in Sao Miguel. Lino and Antonio are amazing hosts who make you feel like you're with staying with long lost friends. I visited with my 7 year old daughter and it was the perfect place to stay. If Antonio tells you where to go get ice cream -GO. The only bad thing about it is that it may ruin all other ice creams you'll ever eat again.

• June 19, 2016

I really tried to think of something horrible to scary people out and increase availability. It sounded like a good move as we're planning to return to S. Miguel soon and we might need to stay here again... but I could not :/

Amazing place! Great owners! Grand Breakfast! Quite the place to stay in Ponta Delgada. Next to the marina. The room was large and airy. Toilets were clean. Breakfast was the best we had in S. Miguel (home baked bread and cakes. large selection of cookies and teas, fresh fruit and good expresso).

• May 13, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The best hostel i have ever lived!!! Breakfast is fabulous. António and Nino are super helpful and kind. They really put heart into this hostel. No reason not to choose it !

• April 28, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Antonio and Lino are the ideal hosts, they help you with all the information you need, travel tips, booking your airport transfer or renting a car. They cook a delicious breakfast with local products. If you can't join the other guests for breakfast and need an earlier one you will find food provided in the breakfast/dinning area. Antonio and Lino pay attention to every detail to make your stay as pleasant as possible! I also thank them for their understanding: I have to shorten my stay there because of an air traffic controllers stike and I was charged only for the nights spent there (not for the entire booked stay) The place is just great, you have to stay there to believe it yourself! Enjoy your stay at Marina Lounge Hostel I did!

• April 27, 2016

Place is perfect in every possible way. Owners received us and made us feel at home immediately. Very central location within walking distance to all main attractions in Ponta Delgada. This was a short break visit, but it became the trip of a life time, thank's to the owners of this place. One word: Marvelous! We were given all the relevant info, the owners ensured we would be able to see most of the island and we were able to enjoy the most for the little time we had. I really would love to come back to Marina Lounge Hostel soon.

• April 19, 2016

• Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

António and Lino are very good hosts. Breakfast was very good. Design and attention to small details make the place special. Utilities, mattresses, shower, etc... were very good. Very hight standards of service and guest comfort.

• March 28, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I guess the noise right? It's there but the good thing is that you're right in the center, close to all the good restaurants and bars. They give you earplugs which help but if you really have trouble sleeping, I suggest connecting to their wifi, listening to a relaxing mix on youtube and falling asleep to it. The vibe is really positive at Marina Lounge.

The staff above all: Antonio and Lino were amazing. So much fun to chat with and made me really feel welcome, even like family. The breakfast and ongoing snacks were a great way to get the day started. The decor is really cool and I met some friends to hang out with there. Antonio helped organize whale watching, my rental car, and restaurant reservations. He went above and beyond. I have traveled solo a lot in my life but at Marina Lounge I felt particularly comfortable. I even came back by before I left just to hang out with them. Thank you both so much for a fabulous stay.

• March 24, 2016

• Twin Room with Terrace

That we didn't stay longer!

We were made to feel so welcome and Antonio and Lino were excellent hosts - ver gracious and accommodating - even making a trip to get my mum some black tea as they did not have any (yes the English like their tea!). Very tastefully and artistically decorated. Breakfast was great and was different each day. We felt like it was home - very relaxing. It was nice to meet other travellers around the communal table. Antonio and Lino deserve to do well as they put so much effort in to running the hostel( more like a hotel).

• March 16, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

When the last day I left the Marina Lounge Hostel I felt that "saudade" which still can't find a translation in any other languages. But you'll understand if you'll decide to come here and spend amazing days, with Antonio and Lino taking care of you and your trip, giving you the best and the cheapest options to enjoy this wonderful island, creating that atmosphere that will make you and the other guests feel like members of the same family.. that's magic! Useless to talk about the service: from the comfortable beds, perfect after a wild day, to the tasty breakfast, ideal to start a new memorable adventure. Everything was just excellent.

• February 25, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Exceptionally welcoming and friendly hosts. Delicious breakfast. Very clean shared bathroom. Comfortable bed and sufficiently large locker in dorm room.

• February 23, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Antonio and Lino you are great-hearted guys and know how to welcome people to your lovely place. I have seen many places but never encountered with such a great hospitality. Thank you very much for everything and please do not forget you both always have a home in İzmir.

• February 9, 2016

Honestly nothing

From helping me book the transfer bus before I arrived, warm welcome in the first evening, delicious breakfasts and dinner together, local guides and recommendations of places to visit and eat, beautifully decorated place , clean and comfortable bedding...the list can go on BUT most importantly are António and Lino who make this place a gem to stay and experience whilst visiting São Miguel. This was my first solo travel after few years, just a quick gateway but these two lovely guys made it a perfect trip. I will be back for sure to enjoy the island and Marina Lounge 😊 . If you are thinking,the reviews are too good to be true...in this case they are too good because it is true!!!

• January 14, 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

There is some traffic-noise, but again : Antonio and Lino provide earplugs !

Antonio and Lino are outstanding hosts. They pay attention to every detail and spoil their guests !

• December 27, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Great hosts, great location, great place to stay - totally recommend. Great advice about what to see on the island, what to do and where to eat all with the aim making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Booked based on all reviews and all are true. Book, Relax and Enjoy.

• December 20, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

One of the best places I've ever stayed!! Antonio and Lino are great hosts, they looked after me so well. They are great source of information, you won't need to visit turismo office. Breakfasts are fabulous!!:-) Marina Lounge is a great choice, I love it!!

• December 15, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Very easy to reach from the airport (by Aerobus for just 5€ - return trip), Marina Lounge Hostel is almost in the city center. The house is really clean and cozy. It’s full of amazing handmade decorations that make it unique. Spacious shared bedrooms with good fornitures and attention to detail. The hosts Lino e Antonio are wonderful: they take genuine care for their guests; they’re are the perfect example of how to run properly any kind of turistic structure. Since you complete your booking they start giving you pratical and precious advices. The breakfast, included in the price, is huge and fresh: from cakes to smashed eggs, cheese, quiches and fruit. There is really something for all tastes. Coffe, tea and some sweets are available at all times!:) Once you’re there they’re more than happy to help you organize the trip and fill a map with suggestions on what to see, what to do and best places where to eat. I definitely recommend to anyone visiting Sao Miguel!

• December 5, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

Antonio and Lino make you feel at home in the Azores and provide you with an invaluable amount of information to make the most out of your trip. They do a lot more than just providing a room and that's what makes the Marina Lounge Hostel such a great place to stay. Least but not least: the breakfasts are amazing!

• December 5, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Not crazy about booking.coms constant pressure to book because "it was the last bed". Even though several days of looking it was still available but others had booked. I almost made the mistake of booking somewhere else.

Awesome stay! Great central location on the island. Rooms were spotless, eclectic decor was amazing and creative. Antonio and Lino could not have been more cool and helpful with planning. Brekkie was fresh and fabulous - highly recommend to stay here!

• November 30, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Staying at Marina Lounge Hostel was an excellent choice. The hosts are fantastic, the accommodation and facilities are fabulous. Delicious homemade breakfast is served everyday. I highly recommend staying in Marina Lounge. Simply 10 out of 10!

• November 16, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

When You are there You don't even feel that You're in hostel, It's more like visit Family. Antonio and Lino are very friendly, warm and helpful people. Lovely atmosphere, brilliant food, perfect stay.

• November 5, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Great island and the best Hostel on the island. Feels like home, delicious breakfast with regional and handmade products. Very obliging and friendly guys.

• October 29, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I loved the breakfast of course, the furniture of all house, the cure for everything, the way as I was welcomed, the way I was welfarewelled. Antonio and Lino are so kindly and sincerely friendly that I felt absolutely at home since when I arrived. Basicly they share their life with the world! I had confirm of pure love for his work by Antonio, when, preparing breakfast in the morning, after put out the omelette from the oven, he put in for 5 minutes more, '''cause it need to dry a little more". I stayed just 4 days, but I think that if you stey more, it's really hard to leave that house. Perfect for alone travelers. There's a genuine home feeling among the travelers, that it's so lovely spending time together.

• October 13, 2015

All good

The entire experience and attention to details is just excellent. Beds/room are clean and comfortable , your own locker free of charge , free earplugs(!) , home made breakfast with super tasty cakes. The entire house is furnished with modern fusion design , and the owners are kind , nice. helpful and professional .., definitely a great stay , can't recommend enough

• October 13, 2015

Antonio and Leno are the best! The breakfast is of exceptional quality. Both of the hosts are extremely knowledgable of the island and are more than willing to sit down and share that info. The place was excellently decorated with hand crafted furniture and is one of the few places I've stayed that doesn't feel like an Ikea showroom.

• October 11, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

Very nice hospitality, amazing guests, wonderful food, nice advices about things to do, to eat, to see,... As they say, home is not a place, it's a feeling! :-)

• October 5, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Amazing from start to finish! Incredibly warm welcome and constant attention throughout my stay made me feel as though I never wanted to leave. I have never enjoyed staying anywhere as much as here - and I travel a LOT! Huge thanks to Antonio and Lino.

• September 22, 2015

• Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Antonio & Lino are perfect hosts. Attentive towards your needs, always ready to give tips and suggestions, problem solvers. They've been able to create an easy and enjoyable atmosphere and from the moment you enter to the moment you leave, you simply smile and smile and smile!

• September 17, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Wonderful people. Amazing breakfast. You feel very welcome and very much at home. I loved the stay and would definitely go there again.

• September 10, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

Marina Lounge is a fantastic place definitely worth recommending! Antonio and Lino make you feel like at home. The hostel has cozy common space of dining and chill rooms, we had perfect room and breakfast were good. They are willing to give you tips where to go, which places are worth to see and helped us (in a flash) with car rental. We spent on Sao Miguel 3 nights, so their tips helped us a lot in rapid exploring the island. Marina Lounge has good location close to marina and 7 minutes walk to the City Gate which is central point of Ponta Delgada (to be honest most places in Ponta Delgada are accessible on foot;). Loved this place and the nice atmosphere created by hosts!

• August 28, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The staff members are extremely kind and welcoming and are always ready to help or just have a friendly chat. The hostel itself is beautifully decorated, with a lot of attention to details. You arrive there and you imediately start feeling at home. The breakfast was amazing, with homemade cakes and quiches, fresh fruits from the island and everything else one might need.

• August 25, 2015

Not 1 bad point

Marine Lounge Hostel is the measuring stick I will use when comparing every other place I will stay! It's the best. Simply amazing. Clean, friendly, relaxing and the hosts are always on hand for the best recommendations, help and advice. I will be back

• August 12, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

There is nothing not to like! :)

Like a home away from home - I've never been made to feel so genuinely welcome and was greeted like a long lost friend. I became a lost friend as stayed here three times (for five nights in total) during my two weeks holiday in the Azores. Antonio and Lino will help you book everything, plan everything and make sure you've got someone to go out to dinner with. The breakfast is the best spread of homemade and local produce you will ever see. Everywhere is spotlessly clean too and there are nice touches like F50 suncream for people to wear on the whale watching trips.

• August 9, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Both hosts go way beyond their way to make you feel at home helping with all the aspects of the trip and giving some great tips. The breakfast is amazing and so are their impromptu dinners. Highly recommended.

• August 9, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

How it looks like, the interior and the atmosphere around it. Antonio and Lino are two really nice guys and the perfect hosts! They made the place like a home.

• August 6, 2015

• Family Room with Terrace

This is with no doubt the best hostel we have ever stayed in. It is run by an amazing duo Antonio & Lino. They are very welcoming and helpful, plus they bake delicious cakes. We will be back!

• July 27, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The humidity on the island - but you can't change much about the weather conditions!

Antonio and Lino are awesome, very genuine and absolutely deserve their high rating! In short, they truly make you feel like you are with family. Every care and attention to your stay is made so that your best interests are looked out for. The atmosphere in the hostel is great as a result. All recommendations (especially restaurants) were ace and that included helping organise the best tours imaginable suited perfectly to individual needs. The beds are very comfortable with probably the nicest mattress I've slept on at any hostel, breakfast is outstanding (and a real home made treat at that!), and all of this is for fantastic value. I hope to return soon!

• July 23, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I wish I could say goodbye. I paid, went to pick up my things but there was no one anymore to whom I could say "thank you, bye, good luck". I waited for a couple of minutes but then I had to go out to wait for my transport.

Lovely and well thought out hostel with very attentive and caring staff.

• July 15, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Small showers and curtains that stick to your bottom and back. Lockers have a strange smell, a bit unpleasant.

Antonio and Lino are like family to their guests. They do their best to make guests feel at home. I miss them a lot, they are the soul of this place. I laughed a lot with Lino's humour. The decorations and facilities of the hostel are great. Very comfortable beds! Everything was fantastic and I really felt welcome and taken care of.

• July 14, 2015

• Family Room with Terrace

Everything. Hosts were incredible. Facilities excellent and cosy. Breakfast also outstanding. Hotel management schools must look at the level of customer care provided at this Hostel.

• July 9, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

wifi could be improved at some rooms

Everything is perfect. They wait guest in front of the home, make breakfast for everyone ( I mean, everyone, they put fork and knife for everyone), dinner together sometime which offer home made seafood rice.

• July 4, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

traffic noise affects most bed/dorm rooms during day,nowhere to hang out washing,mattresses a bit hard,no outside area

staff,breakfast,living area,spacious dorm room

• July 1, 2015

Not one thing!

Everything was absolutely fantastic, but what makes this place such a gem and the best I have ever stayed at are Antonio and Lino; they are the epitome of hospitality and thus the place is not only impeccably clean with an amazing decor and great food but they also constantly display their incredible genuine warmth towards every one of their guests. Never before have I been treated with so much care, they ensured that both my mother and I had an amazing stay and helped us discover the island by giving us advice on what to do. They simply are the best at what they do, we will be back for sure and I can't stop talking to all my friends about this heaven!

• June 23, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

The shared bathrooms are not huge, but do the job

It's an actual hostel. Antonio and Lino do everything they can to make you feel at home. They provide all the necessary information to visit the island (great tips about the do's and don'ts!). The breakfast is amazing amazing and the atmosphere is great.

• June 22, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing - one of the best places to stay as long as you don't want complete anonymity!

Our inital impression was good: a warm welcome and clear care and attention from our hosts over lots of little things... Then there were the wonderful yogurt/ muesli and fruit pots.... But finally when we had problems with ferry time changes and needing another night in PD when they were full we realised they realy did care over and beyond the usual - with good humour they helped us through one of those low points of a holiday.

• June 21, 2015

I loved everything!

After reading all the reviews I came with great expectations, but reality is even beyond! Great advice for everyday schedule, best providers recommendations (Best Spot Azores for diving, Sea Colors for whale watching, Mane Cigano for lunch, Tasca for dinner and Miroma for cozido in Furnas). It's like having your own private travel agent and more than that, you feel like part of a family. Antonio and Lino , you are the best! You gave me hundreds of reasons to come back! Love you, guys!

• June 17, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Great relaxing atmosphere, amazing breakfast. Antonio was very helpful when I was planning my stay on the Island. I've hardly ever felt so comfortable in a hostel before

• May 29, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Everything you read is absolutely true. This place is a real paradise. Lino and Antonio are the best hosts a traveller could ask for - they are always willing to help you with anything you need. If you are a solo traveller, you will meet people in a quarter of a second and make friends really easily. The vibe of this place is just magical! I had one of the best weeks of my life there, met amazing people, managed to explore the whole island (although I don’t drive, I split costs with other people I met to rent a car). Would come back in a heartbeat! The guys and the guests threw a birthday party for me, it was so sweet! I thought I’d spend my birthday alone and I felt like I was with my family! The hostel (it really feels more like a home) is amazing, really cozy and clean. The food is absolutely fantastic. I honestly can’t even imagine how it could get any better!!!

• May 28, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Everything you read about this hostel is true! The guys Antonio and Lino are the best hosts ever. Always ready to help you out with whatever you need. Even if you are a solo traveler you will instantly feel at home. I had an amazing stay and I could not recommend it enough.

• May 24, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

I did not have a single thing I did not like about Marina Lounge Hostel. A True Gem.

Thanks to their genuine attention and care for their guests, Antonio and Lino from the Marina Lounge Hostel redefine everything we experienced so far. Hospitality may be an industry, yet Marina Lounge Hostel does not seem to be part of the industry, since they give so much more than just accommodation. Although the bar was set high, with their 9.7 score after some 50+ reviews we have seen when booking at their place, Antonio and Lino not only managed to meet our high expectations, but even, to exceed them during our 1 week stay. They went far and beyond what we could have dreamt of to make our stay the most memorable ever. They were genuinely responsive from the first day we registered in January to our eventual stay in May, suggesting programs with great detail prior to our arrival: be it whale watching, hiking, car rental, or gastronomy which made our whole week action packed and outstandingly rich. At the hostel they paid the same attention to everyone open to their suggestions, care and brilliant dinners. They were fabulous hosts, I can only recommend them to anyone visiting Sao Miguel. I wish educational institutions of hospitality would turn to Antonio and Lino for advice and example on how to make people welcome. As their motto says: "home is not a place, it is a feeling".

• May 17, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The location was good, but if you don't know the exact address you won't be able to find it. No signs for the hostel

the staff was over the top friendly and helpful, for a hostel it is remarkable. Beds were great, breakfast was good. It's a hidden gem that everyone visiting Ponta Delgada should stay at.

• May 12, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

It's not a hostel. It's a real house, with a real owners (they are available almost 24/7). All previous reviews you saw is true. Including - if you are lucky and on time, you will be served by excellent food from the owner's menu. Excellent design. You feel like you are somewhere in Milano, on furniture fair exposition. Room I lived in has not only 3 beds but a spacey place to live your own life: good lighting, a table, all done by craft and design skillfull man. Excellent "Ready-To -Serve" kitchen facilities. Best rent bike price in the city. It was a pity to leave this place - but that's place makes you feel comfortable at Açores. Best wishes to all staff at Marina Lounge!

• May 2, 2015

• Standard Twin Room

The hostel is run by 2 great guys - Antonio and Lino - who put all their hearts in this business! They are very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere there is just awesome. The hostel is renovated with bright and well maintained rooms. Very clean. And great breakfasts! They even fried eggs for us the way we liked. You fell like really home. It's a great place for open minded people. Strongly recommended!

• May 1, 2015

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

You would never consider this place to be a hostel, as it is not. It is a special place with warm-hearted people, who always help you and make your staying in Sao Miguel comfortable and unforgettable. Don't hesitate to stay at Antonio and Lino's place, you will never regret.

Browse Marina Lounge Hostel Traveler Photo Gallery