Reviews of Novotel Sheremetyevo Airport 4 stars

Airport Sheremetyevo Vladenie 3 , 141400 Khimki, Russia

#6 of 51 hotels in Khimki

• January 11, 2017

• Standard Novation Room

Pretty "tired" room Broken water flow in the swimming pool Reception did not answer the phone as their phone service is available only till 21 hours. So no chance to find out schedule and bus stop place of their shuttle. Cold inside shuttle bus. Smell of dust in the room and in the hallway on 4th floor. Generally hotel worn out since our previous visit in May 2016

Not far away from terminal D.

• January 7, 2017

• Standard Novation Room

Price could be a little bit cheaper (I payed $110 for 1 night). It was difficult to catch a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. Finally I took a taxi.

The hotel is very very nice! I totally recommend it for short staying. Also there is a great restaurant inside! The Russian food I ordered was super delicious! My room was big and remodeled.

• October 25, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The approach on foot from the airport express train. I walked out of the building in the dark and saw Novotel across a very busy road. I couldn't believe I was supposed to just walk out in front of 3 or 4 lanes of accelerating traffic, in the dark, no pedestrian crossing or traffic lights, no footbridge. I felt I was taking my life in my hands.. I really think you need to get a decent footpath installed between the Airport Express train terminus and the hotel which does not involve suicide. Get a footbridge or red and green crossing lights. The approach is much too dangerous. Alll night long I heard a HUMMMMMMMM noise. Was it air conditioning noise or some fan? I hardly slept a wink because of it.

It was very close to the airport. Nice big room. Very comfortable. Efficient, friendly staff.

• September 28, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The mattresses aren't that comfortable.

The proximity to airport means you can walk to the terminal. The rooms were spotless, and the staff was very helpful. They speak good English.

• September 4, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Just a suggestion:). I've never had to deal with key card/ light switch before so it would be nice to be warned at the desk while checking in.

Location is excellent: very close to the airport and trains to Miscow. Staff is very friendly and polite. Room very clean and cosy

• August 17, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The breakfast was horrible!! Quality of good was bad. Fresh orange juice was in extra. People were definitly not sympathic.

Pas grand chose. Le grand hall est très lumineux.

• July 13, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

modern, clean, functional, has everything you need an is just a few hundred meters beside Terminal D, with the 24h-shuttle easy to reach. The City Center is also easy te reach, with Bus 851 for just 50 Rubels + Metro for 50 Rubles but it takes about 1 hour. Ideal for a first or last day of a tourist stay in Moscow via Sheremetyevo Airport, but for a pure tourist visit of Moscow better stay from the 2nd day on in the city (e.g. Novotel Moscow City).

• July 12, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

It was a lovely hotel! Dining area was light and airy! Felt like we were dining alfresco! It's closeness to the airport meant our 8 hours stop-over allowed us to sleep, eat and resume our journey fresh and ready to continue.

• July 10, 2016

nothing to complain about

easy walking from the city express train to the hotel, shuttle in the morning to the terminal - very convenient. corteous staff, quiet spacious and very comfortable room, excellent breakfast buffet

• July 9, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The one meal I had in the bar was awful. A club sandwich with undercooked bacon and cold fries, whuch I had to wait 40mins on.The bar staff were extremely inattentive ti the point that I stopped eating and drinking there after the first night. The security staff were rude and intimidating. Now I know its neccessary in this day and age but a few lessons in customer service would not go amiss. And finally, the corridors smelt strongly of sewage.

Close to the airport and the aeroexpress to Moscow. A couple of the reception staff made an effort. Breakfast was fine with a good selection.

• July 4, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Bad transfer service during the night. I had to wait over an hour! And found out it's less then 500m distance..

Very nice breakfast with a lot of different food types.

• July 1, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Very close to the airport but don't try to walk -- there is a multi-lane road of fast cars and a fence. Take a cab, it doesn't cost much.

Room was a comfortable size and good value for money if you need to be close to the airport. There were diverse choices of food for breakfast.

• June 26, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The fact that reception staff trying to do everything to the book and although I am a regular visitor to this hotel not willing to accommodate.. there is no record of my visits to this hotel and although I am a regular are very stund about it

The staff

• June 23, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

I booked the room to stay 5-6 hours anyway. The shuttle from the airport was supposed to be every half hour, however had to wait 50 minutes for it to arrive. When I called to hotel, they lied and said that it would be there in 5 minutes. TV did not work.

Breakfast was OK. The location is very close to the airport, but no good if shuttle service is not proper.

• June 19, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

in the night!(our arrived 12:00 am) we cant find a bus. so just walk to hotel. its very hardful. we just worked highway

this is very good facility!! And very comfortable~!!!

• June 16, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Parking around the hotel. Ther is no option to drop you off without paying a fee. It seems too unfriendly for the customers using a taxi (like myself).

It is the best place if you decide to spend a night before the early morning flight from Shemetyevo Airport. It is located 10 mins walk from most of the terminals.

• June 16, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

When we opened the door to our room, we found a baby crawling on the floor, then a guy came and told us he lives there with a baby...we had to go back to the reception and ask for another room

• June 12, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

I had to call reception and ask them to turn down music in inner yard restaurant at quarter to midnight. They did, but isn't it obvious that people come to sleep, not hearing loud music 4 stories down after exhausting flights.

Bed comfy. They have shuttle to the airport every 20 minutes.

• June 3, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

1. Bathroom ventilator too loud, you could hear it even with closed bathroom door. 2. Found few hair in the bathroom tab.

Comfortable room, rich breakfast.

• June 1, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

We had a fantastic one-night stay in this hotel with our little twin girls. Two extra large double beds worked perfectly. Everything was high class and we had got a really good price on booking.com.

• May 11, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

AC did not work properly, room was too warm

Location to airport, free shuttle bus, restaurant, refurbished recreation centre, all staff very helpful and pleasant

• April 26, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

After arriving around 9.30 PM I still had to wait about 15 minutes at the reception for check in. This could be arranged better. The rooms are a bit old and my room had clearly been smoked in. Even my towels smelled like smoke. Very disappointing.

Good breakfast, starting very early. Nice central hall with a modern atmosphere.

• April 25, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

N/A. Drivers do not expect nor used to getting tips, so do not be surprised of their attitude as far as not being perky to help with luggage. This is minor one. If you try to tip before you load on the bus, I am not sure if driver would understand if you tip him for just a ride or help with your luggage -?

Can't beat the proximity to the Airport. Can walk from terminal D or can use shuttle every 30 mins. Shuttle time to Terminal E ~7 mins. I've been staying at this hotel for the last 5 years. No complains.

• April 14, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The Wi-Fi is awful, they supposedly have a pre-paid premium service which was unavailable...so no good if you have anything above 2mb to send...however the 24 hour taxi service is really good and most of the staff are very helpful!

Conveniently placed 5 min walk from Terminal D

• April 14, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Breakfast must be improved. good choice, but quality of food is not the best.

Excellent location for late arrivals in SVO. 50 m from terminal. Room is spacious enough. price is higher than in the city, but this is airport specific.

• April 5, 2016

• Executive Suite

On 1 April, upon arrival to Moscow Sheremetyevo, we had to proceed to the waiting area for Novotel shuttle, which was coming with delay and not available on time (every 30 min after 22:00 pm). After approaching the Novotel hotel reception over the phone, have requested to confirm whether the shuttle is available or not, as it was very cold and I did not want my children to get cold. Nevertheless, after shuttle arrived, the driver in a very inappropriate way started to complain to me due to my call to the reception about the delay. This incident was not pleasant at all and I was very upset with such a way the customers were treated by the staff. I have further reported the case to the reception of the Novotel, but not sure whether any actions were taken with regard to the driver's behavior.

Room was great and not expensive at a very reasonable price. Breakfast was also good with a lot of varieties of food items, as well as coffee was fantastic.

• April 2, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

After 30 minutes in the room white socks became bottom-dark Swimming pool was out of service all time for 2 days Breakfast is ok, but the restaurant is below average and for that quality level it's extremely overpriced

Nothing special

• March 28, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The staff. Checkin was cumbersome and checkout was impossible due to the huge cue at 4 am and the fact that we had a plane to catch (you know, this is an airport hotel!) The bed was too hard and uncomfortable.

IT is convenient to get to and from the airport. The hotel is clean.

• March 21, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

There is nothing I can think of.

The hotel has a shuttle bus service which pics you up from the terminal where you land and takes you to the hotel. They have a very big room with all the necessary facilities (comfortable bed, nice bathroom, tea and coffee in the room, nice tv). The breakfast was the best I have ever had. They have a wide variety and the food tastes great. I was very pleased of my stay at this hotel. The clerk at the front desk even offered us explanations on how to reach the Red Square by using the Moscow public transport. He also gave us a map of the Moscow attractions.

• March 13, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Minimal refreshment facilities in room (only one bottle of water, one black tea bag, one green tea bag, one coffee, and two small milk containers for two people). This has always been an issue here.

Restaurant very good All staff very polite and efficient Room very comfortable and quiet Very convenient shuttle service, drivers helpful

• March 12, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Air con did not work in the room I got which was also an internal room so very dark during the daytime. Pillows are like soft marshmallows - not good for sleeping on ((

Really great well located hotel and excellent value

• March 12, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

A bit difficult to get to if you are visiting first time as there is no info where exactly the shuttle leaves from or how to get there on foot. They could have better information at all levels.

Nice hotel close to the airport. Clean and stylish.

• March 9, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Shuttle to and from the airport is 24/7 and was painless for us. Room was modern, clean, and quiet. While the breakfast price seemed expensive, we tried it out anyway. There was a wonderful variety of delicious foods and good service, so it was worth the price.

• March 3, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Shuttle not as regular as one would expect and pick up required crossing traffic lanes as usual stop not in use

Easy check in , good sleep and decent breakfast

• February 23, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

We were staying at this hotel second time. We like the location, it is very close to airport, shuttle is organized and you can reach airport in very easy way. There is nice staff working, friendly and helpful. Rooms and halls are clean, breakfast is vary and delicious.

• February 9, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

too hot in the room even though we turned of the heater the minute we came in. difficult to sleep well under these circumstances, no window to refresh air

• January 23, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Even if you see the hotel from the airport, you cannot walk here, only by shuttle bus what goes every 20min in day time and each 30min night time.

It is real Airport hotel, including 24h shuttle bus, 24h restaurant, early breakfast starts at 3am and normal breakfast starts at 6am

• January 15, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

The waitress in the restaurant was not very attentive. She waited until we got the attention of another server to bring my soup. I had finished my salad 20 minutes prior and she never paid any attention to how we were doing with our meal.

The staff was very helpful, the room was very clean and the food was outstanding.

• January 11, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Breakfast needs a little improvement. More fresh vegetables and fruits

Room was spacious and the bed was very big and good. Restaurant was good and menu had a good selection of food and wines. Shuttle from airport was working good and was on time.

• January 10, 2016

• Standard Novation Room

Made a reservation for late check-out and this was not communicated with the staff. Resulting in a telephone call during my sleep: Sir when do you want to checkout?

Breakfast and menu are good. Clean and good rooms. Very close to the airport (walking distance max. 10 minutes)

• December 21, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

*Swiming pool was under construction . It will be opened in Jan/16 that staff said. *Window in the room cannot be opened. No fresh air possible in the room.

*Breakfast start from 5am. *Good Gym in basement . *Good Location. Walking distance to airport.

• December 19, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Arrival absolutely horrid. It was late - nearly midnight. I waited until almost 1am for Novotel bus. It did not come. On my own, no Russian language, no assistance, no freephone to hotel. In the end a "gypsy" taxi took me. It took approximately 2 minutes and a cost of £10. If Russia wants to be taken seriously as a business destination for western travellers, then they need to get their act together. I was scared & that's not ok.

Hotel lovely. Clean and a fabulous breakfast selection.

• December 17, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

The staff at reception wouldn't allow to leave luggage for a few hours in the hotel after check out. They say it is their new policy because of recent terrorists attacks in Paris. Was forced to go to Airport terminal to drop bags at the luggage storage, which is quite expensive in Sheremetyevo.

There was a promotion rate allowing kids under 16 y.o. stay for free. Decent breakfast

• November 30, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

the cooling fan in shower bath room is too cold, the shower devices is not good to use, and the steel tube inside in telectricity-teapot is very dirty that the dust comes off the stell tube when I cook hot water,

free shuttle bus between airport and hotel

• November 22, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

The transfer from Terminal C only 1 time per hour and could be ordered each full hour what is very inconvenient. Swimming pool and sauna was not working despite not mentioned in advance

quite good breacfast

• November 22, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Pedestrian access from the airport to the hotel not been included in the planning of the hotel, you see the building while getting out of the airport but getting there required some creative thinking. Also you see the pictures of the swimming pool but no word on the website that it is currently closed for renovation.

Proximity to the airport

• November 15, 2015

No bad experience.

Convenience of everything: location right next airport, frequent free shuttle service to/from the terminals, easy check-in/check-out, good dining right in the hotel near the lobby.

• November 1, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

The very friendly, efficient service of Sergei Nikitin at reception. Shortly after I was in the room, he called me to find out if I was satisfied with the room or not.

• October 21, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

We arrived at 22:00 and we were able to get into the room at 23:30 after they changed 4 rooms . Had been booked room with a double bed King SIze ( 181-210cm ) , unfortunately we were given a room with twin beds (room # 3206 ) . When we asked for the room with the bed booked the front desk lady told us that they had no room with double bed . After getting angry we were given a room with a double bed but 140cm ( Room # 3179 ) . After other discussion one gived us one more room with the same type of bed .... in the end after much discussion simply asking to have what had been booked we were given a room with the King bed 180cm . Bad experience , rude staff and hours of lost sleep .

Lobby

• October 17, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Front desk employees no such knowledge of customer relations or hospitality industry. They are like robot or in military institution

Location room spacious

• October 15, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Location. Very easy to get the hotel by walk, crossing only one road. Shutels from the airport available as well.Very qite.Friendly staff gave me two additional hours at checkout free of charge.

• October 11, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Although i had a guantanteed booking they told me that they didn't had a room for me. I was not the only one at least 5 other people chzcking in were in the same situation. Staff suggested that i should book a room in an other hotel. Thanks to the genius customer service and my persuasive russian colleague i was given a crew room. The staff was even angry. The other peole didn't get a room and had to go elsewhere at nearly midnight!

• October 1, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

As was true of my first stay, I found my room and other facilities all clean, comfortable and conveniently located right next to the airport. However, this time I received a free upgrade to an executive level room. As I did before, I enjoyed a delicious supper at the Fusion Bar.

• September 28, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Very pleasant reception desk experience, adequate (or even cheap) room service food price with the decent food quality, rooms are nice and comfy and even the view to the inner reception yard have its own industrial romantic chic.

• September 26, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Breakfast opens early in the morning. I had to fly at 6 a.m. and could have an excellent breakfast. Dinning room is perfectly located. Nice view from the lift. Swimming pool and sauna opens 24/24. Great Schedule!

• September 20, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Luckily we had toilet paper with us , you should have at least a full roll when you first go into a room, not havetochase up paper from the get go.

It's location, ideal for getting to the airport promptly.

• September 19, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Staff were very slow to serve on check-in desk. Room was a long walk from lift.

Great value for money, very close to airport. Comfortable and relaxing stay before flight.

• September 14, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Check in was slow due to problems with the card reader and the front desk person seemed to lack experience of what to do in such circumstances. Bathroom light switch had a faulty connection and the ventilator fan couldn't be switched off.

Very convenient for Sheremetyevo Airport. Good spacious room with comfortable bed.

• September 8, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

When we asked for water in the restaurant during our dinner, the waiter explained to us that we have to buy it. There is no free water for customers. It was a little disappointing. In other countries water is offered for free in unlimited amounts for restaurant customers.

Location close to the airport is very important for early flight travelers. Staff is very helpful and pro-active. Food in the restaurant is amazingly tasty.

• September 8, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Wi-fi didnt work in our room, and room was set up for 1 person rather than 2, so we had to request couple of times to get things for second person.

I loved the comfort, the modern look, and various facilities.

• September 2, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Modern decoration hotel. Convenient place to airport. If you need take a early morning flight, there is a free shuttle service to airport from hotel

• August 22, 2015

Lack of rooms with connecting doors as I had 2 children hence required 2 rooms

Comfortable beds. Timely shuttle bus. Even though population at reception was high checkin was smooth.

• August 20, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

No sunlight in the morning on the beutiful day generally as my window was direted inside the hotel with the view on people eating their breakfast...

Close to the Airport, although instructions are needed how to get there by foot, as after 10 pm the transfer is only twice per hour, so we had to wait 25 mins to be picked up rather than walking 10 minutes after we found the route

• August 1, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Hotel is very big and I had room with window to the internal lobby of hotel, breakfast was served there at 5AM and this woke me up as people were talking very load. In the bathroom I didn't found shampoo.

This hotel is good only for transit travelers. it is in airport 2 minutes walk from the terminal. There is free shuttle from remote terminals to the hotel every 20 min.

• July 28, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

To go from hotel to the airpot first you need to cross on your own risk a highway, and then walk beside the highway until you reach the airport (200 mts aprox.). Yes I know there is a shuttle service but walking connection should be also available.

• July 21, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

We liked the hotel a lot! The staff is very nice and friendly. We arrived almost at midnight and were able to order delicious food that was delivered to the room. The room was very spacious and perfectly equipped. In the morning, we enjoyed the fantastic all-you-can-eat breakfast and the large refreshing pool; we had a lot of time to swim as we were offered late check-out free of charge. The hotel is very close to the airport (we just walked there) and is right next to the Aeroexpress - the train that brings you to Moscow. We didn't want to leave. I highly recommend this hotel.

• July 12, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

difficult system to drive up by car for drop-off and pick-up (paid parking)

the best choice to continue by plane, nice bar with a comfortable smoking lounge

• July 12, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Free shuttle to/from the Sheremetyevo airport. Very good free WIFI coverage and speed (at least at 3rd floor and below). Polite service at reception/bar/room service/restaurnat, pay close attention to a guest's needs. The bar, terrase (air conditioned for smokers with a nice view) and restaurant have a good variety of chairs/armchairs and couches for the best comfort and also provide free use of portable power banks to charge your mobile phone. Good design and clean.

• July 8, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

not so comfortable to go there from aeroexpress without the car even if it is really close (300m) but not fitted for pedestrians

Beakfast, suprised about quiet, attitude

• July 7, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

I can't imagine a better hotel. We liked everything!

We arrived very late, and the staff were so helpful and enthusiastic. The room was large and beautiful with modern amenities. Very comfortable.

• July 7, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

Yellowish water in a shower the day I checked in. Not a single TV channel worked, not that I had time to watch TV anyway. AC was pretty weak in my room.

• July 2, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

You have to make a cash deposit of 3000 rubles (about $60) to make a phone call. While they have record of it, they will not refund it without a receipt. The process of getting money back takes over 30 minutes.

Good price and a good brunch.

• June 23, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

They didn't take a credit card because the bank was not working. They asked me to pay cash and that was very unpleasant and uncomfortable for this type of hotel.

Clean, comfort.

• June 19, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

I had to wait in line for an hour to be register because there was a lots of flight cancel and a lots of people waiting to register. U need to have more stuff in this case.

Breakfast was awesome, bed is also very comfortable

• June 18, 2015

• Standard Novation Room

I was waken up at 7:15am by the room service asking when I'm planning to leave. Breakfast was not very classy not there was nothing really positive that I would remember from my stay

Suitable location if you're meeting is close to the airport

Browse Novotel Sheremetyevo Airport Traveler Photo Gallery