Reviews of The Sherwood Taipei 5 stars

No. 111, Section 3, Minsheng East Road, Songshan District, 105 Taipei, Taiwan

#72 of 485 hotels in Taipei

• January 18, 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

Confortable room with a good size bathroom. Super friendly and helpful staff. Clean & comfortable mattress & bedding. Hotel is in a good location though not in the busiest area.

• January 6, 2017

• Family

Service was excellent!' The location was quite good (with convenience stores and small restaurants in the smaller streets behind the hotel); it was so easy to get a taxi, although the nearest MRT station was not very far away. Very clean and well-supplied gym, with a fabulous view of the city :)

• January 3, 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Good service. We had free upgrade and the room is excellent. The breakfast is good. You can have Chinese, western, even Japanese breakfast. I will definitely choose this hotel as my accommodation next time visit Taipei

• December 30, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast food is not great. Some foods are too dry or overdone. Chefs at some food stations take several minutes to notice you are waiting.

Staff are generally very nice and facilities are clean.

• December 21, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Bed is very comfortable, good size room, great service, the gym is moderate size fit for routine workout, breakfast buffet has a wide selection of food e.g. Western, Chinese , Japanese food

• December 21, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

There was really nothing we didn't like about the hotel :) The only possible suggestion I can make is that perhaps more Taiwanese breakfast delicacies at the buffet would have been appreciated.

The service was impeccable! Staff were friendly, pleasant and very efficient. All our needs were addressed very quickly and thoroughly. (Communicating in English was not a problem.) The gym was very clean and amply sized (with a bottle of water and a towel waiting at each treadmill!) with a gorgeous view of the city. Location was also unbeatable: the smaller streets in the area behind the hotel were full of convenience stores, restaurants in very reasonable price range, and bakeries where we could buy our snacks. There is also a two-storey Starbucks nearby. The nearest MRT station is a relaxed ten-minute walk away, but getting a taxi from the hotel was never a problem (taxi charges are quite reasonable in Taipei, particularly when there are four family members traveling together.) Finding churches in a new city can always be a challenge, but we were very pleased to find that St. John Bosco was literally a hop-step-and-a-jump away. It was the birthday of two members of our family the day we checked in, and though we did not mention this, the staff surprised us with two really good cakes (the really good cheesecake deserves its own review!) that evening! The attention to detail and service of this hotel were really excellent. We felt comfortable and cared for; they attended to all our needs. We will definitely be choosing this hotel next time we return to Taipei. To the management and staff of Sherwood Taipei: a great big "Xie Xie!" from our family!

• December 18, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like the doormen staring at my wife's legs. I didn't like being told to leave the breakfast table only 2 minutes after reading my newspaper. I didn't like how cold the swimming pool is. I didn't like the amount of thumping noise you could hear from the floor above; person walking in room above around 6:30am (I guess for work. Not ideal when I'm leisure break)

It is an impressive lobby

• December 5, 2016

• Executive Twin Room with Balcony

The room is a little dark, the breakfast was nice but no much variety and one of the staff had a bad attitude.

Everything else was great! This hotel was one of the best I've ever gone to.

• November 5, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast salad's spread quite miserable for vegan or vegetarian.

Staff attentiveness and excellent services. Very clean and good atmosphere. Value for money and good location

• October 25, 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Balcony

This is the second time I'm staying at Sherwood. I accidentally left my electric toothbrush during my first trip and I'm surprised that they presented my electric toothbrush when I checked in this time! They also noted my requests during my first trip and asked if I would like to keep it the same. Amazing personal service!

• October 19, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Location is not exactly the best but every place of interest is just a (very) short cab ride away.

The staff was excellent, totally out of this world. The entire hotel is a well oiled machinery, catering to every need. All you have to do is to ask. The reception and Concierge is well informed of every nook and cranny of Taipei - a boon for the clueless. Room is well maintained and is well worth the price that we paid. Breakfast is a good spread though it has an Asian slant for obvious reasons. Pool is well equipped for young children. Gym has an excellent view. Both open from 6am till 10pm.

• October 12, 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

The breakfast was pretty much the same every day. Not catered for westerners - I felt.

Everything was fabulous. Concierge was excellent. My husband temporarily lost his wallet and the hotel was kind enough to pay for our taxi until we sorted ourselves out. So they went above and beyond.

• October 11, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

1. The manager on duty in the morning during our stay is a very arrogant lady. She is not adequate to be in a hospitality industry. 2. We asked for a quiet room, and they put a drunk (often drunk from what we heard) regular customer on top of our floor at 3:00AM, jumping and stumping the floor extremely loud. We practically shocked and jumped out of the bed at 3:00AM and lasted until 3:30AM. Called the reception, changed us to a new room, got settled around 4:00AM, and the house keeping ring the bell at 7:30AM. Complained the next day at front desk, and front desk staff talked to the lady manager, the staff only got a message from the manager that they already complained to the customer upstairs and sorry for the trouble have caused. Not even a card or showed the manager's face. I wondered if this is how the hotel trained their managers. 3. This is our second stay there, and definitely will be the last.

The room is cosy and the bed is comfortable.

• October 4, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Swimming pool not available for use

Room size was good and bed comfy enough. View nice but the swimming pool was closed for maintenance so that was a disappointment

• October 3, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The bed is too hard. The soundproofing system was surprisingly poor as I could hear others' conversation though the wall plugs!

The beds were not as comfortable as expected.

• October 2, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The noise level during breakfast as the acoustic of the restaurant is not good. There is no coffee shop for all hours.

The room is spacious, bed comfortable, good service.

• September 27, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bar could have been busier with more atmosphere .

Although some renovations underway the hotel was very comfortable and the staff very helpful - especially on the Executive Lounge. The General Manager was very evident and excellent at solving issues

• September 25, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The bar was rediculously expensinve. I got a beer and a coffee and it cost me $19.

Last time I was there I forgot my computer charger. I never contacted the hotel about it, and they never mentioned it to me (wasn't sure I'd forgotten it there). Three months later, after I checked in, it was waiting for me with a note in my room. I was deeply impressed at their dedication, and CRM use.

• September 20, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Great service, all Sherwood staff have been simply amazing on all our requests. We really felt pampered during our trip from the beginning to the end. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• September 19, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The location of this hotel is great. Just a few minutes any direction you will find great coffee places as well as MRT stations are nearby. We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel and their food was very nice including the tea smoked chicken.

• September 14, 2016

• Executive Twin Room with Balcony

in map showing nearest international bank atm,supermarket & train stations helps older travellers not always with iphone/or confidence

Live music in foyer/gym&pool,good gift shop,good in room coffee,room service for extra utensils etc

• September 2, 2016

Nothing to complain:)

Nice service. Nice view. The room is so comfy and the bed is good to sleep in. Love the bathroom cuz it's big and the facilities are great. Will definitely come back again!!!

• September 1, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast was very good with a several choices to satisfy everyone's palette. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and bathrooms were well equipped. The staff was friendly and courteous and the WiFi worked really well.

• August 19, 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Amenities are a nice touch, like free apples on each floor, indoor pool which was great for kids, umbrellas to use when it's raining

• July 28, 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

The breakfast can certainly improve. I was not impressed with the breakfast at all - it was perhaps befitting a two-star hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Everyone of them.

• July 17, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

We stayed there 3 times in the past. 2 times we were on the executive floor, given access to the business lounge, breakfast at the western restaurant. The last stay we were downgraded. So much for valuing repeat loyal returning guests.

Nothing much for this stay.

• July 5, 2016

• Executive Twin Room with Balcony

Breakfast wonderfully catered for Asian cuisine (it is Asia), but less friendly towards a western palette.

Staff are very helpful, friendly. Gym is excellent with a lovely sauna. Underused. The Executive Lounge just lovely.

• July 3, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Executive Lounge Access

you could hear the knocking from the room next door, but not to the extent of hearing conversation. the swimming pool was nice but slippery, and excessive number of "slippery be ware" sign was a set back to the atmosphere. minor things.

the staff was friendly and helpful. quite amazed that a lots of staff was a Japanese speaker, though it wasn't a main concern.

• June 29, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Beds were hard - perhaps an Asian preference. The breakfast room was crowded and noisy. Late night karaoke was annoying and inadequately explained by reception staff.

Large comfortable bedroom and bathroom.

• June 20, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

I did not like the smell in the hotel. I did not like the staff's behaviour at the breakfast. There was a handicapped colleague bullied by his mates. Please make sure that your employees demean respectfully.

I liked the location, the view and the breakfast.

• June 4, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The service was outstanding and the staff even noticed it was my birthday and sent a card and a delicious cheesecake to the room. The location was great too.

• June 3, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Room key is out of date too bulky Restaurant for breakfast is too noisy probably due to low ceiling old design. Food varieties is limited. Overall hotel needs a face lift renovation

The room is spacious

• May 29, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Staff.... Unfortunately no so friendly. Didn't feel I was being welcomed. Especialy the evdning staff

It is an old hotel but it is clean. Bed was good and also the shower.

• May 23, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

I got a good deal from booking.com and therefore stay at this hotel. The business center is quite convenient and comfortable for room guest. However, when inviting outside guests to meet there, one coffee is charged around TWD200+10% very expensive to treat my business guests. Henry's Bar on the 3rd floor is then a better option.

• May 17, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

On multiple occasions the staff came in my room without my permission. I found this particularly concerning and disturbing. Not recommended for couples who just want spend some quiet, private time at the hotel.

• May 8, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The breakfast room was "industrial”, very big and noisy and even if there was a lot of food, nothing was really tasty. No view just a wall outside the window, a bit dark room.

The very nice staff, the bathroom with a funny Panasonic toilet and the cleanliness.

• May 5, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

This place is not just fancy outside and inside, and have the best level of customer service all through the hotel. Definitely the best hotel experience through my world wide experiences. Location wise, pretty close to bus, subway and surrounded by restaurants and convenient stores. We took taxi to wherever we need to go and it's all in reasonable price.

• April 28, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

It's quite pity that first night at Italian restaurant they missed out my mean course therefore, I ended up eating by myself when my rest of family all finished their meals. Second time at the second floor bar/restaurant my order was served first while my rest of family members were still waiting for theirs...even at a normal restaurant, you get food serve at the same time...not even mention about 5 stars hotel standard..... This is very minimum request though !! Hope you can improve on these issues and wish you all the very best !

Reception staff are very good as well as some staffs in the breakfast area..... Facilities ...... The breakfast has so many choices to offer... Really enjoyed !

• April 19, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

I have come across a particular female staff in the reception counter whose manner was very unpleasant and not helpful at all

The buffet breakfast have quite a variety of food.

• April 17, 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Balcony

Breakfast buffet seems " grandiose " and looks really good... But in reality very few choice of food... Quite disappointing for a 5 star hotel ....

Very good value for money Close to TSA airport ... No traffic jam issue ... Close to metro Very good staff - excellent service - flexible

• April 15, 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Balcony

The weather! But this has nothing to do with the hotel.

Very friendly staff! I forgot some cloth when I checked out. I've send an email next day. They collected it, did laundry and send it to my room when I came back 3 days later. Breakfast buffet is good, Dinner buffet is excellent!

• April 14, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The mattress should be changed or reversed. They're too soft. Breakfast was not variety. We stayed for 4 days, food was the same.

cleanliness of the room, quite air conditioner. lady staff at concierge was helpful, giving clear direction.

• April 3, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

We didn't partake in breakfast since it would have cost an additional USD$22 each; a bit steep for us.

The room was comfortable; not large, but comfortable. There were a few restaurants nearby to satisfy our evening's hunger.

• March 31, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room is very clean. Since, I have sinusitis, I appreciate there is an air purifier. The staff were very helpful from guiding me to my destination to hiring taxi.

• March 18, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing I don't like about this hotel.

Friendly and professional staff, perfect location close to the airport and surrounded by many good restaurants.

• March 8, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

1. If possible, I wish Sherwood Taipei can offer the following two free bus services “Sherwood >> the nearest MRT station” (every 30 mins) and “Sherwood >> Taipei Railway Station” (every hour). Just the one-way direction from Sherwood to the destination (i.e., the nearest MRT station and Taipei Railway Station would be fine). 2. If possible, I wish Sherwood Taipei can offer the USB charger in guest room. Charger with multiple outlet (i.e., at least 5 outlets) would be fine. Why 5 outlets? For a room with 2 travelers, there will be 2 mobile phones, 2 power banks, and 1 camera / computer / ipad waiting to be charged. Thus, USB charger with 5 outlets is what we want. Besides, such USB charger is commonly offered in most of the international hotel/resort chain, such as Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn, Hilton, Hyatt, and even Best Western in the North American.

All staffs are friendly and professional. Even though we arrived at 6:15am, I found that all front desk staffs and bell boys are well-prepared to their guests. 1. Excellent breakfast (included in our hotel package): don’t miss the waffle, salad, omelets, and the congee. We are impressed by the presentation of honey (don’t miss it~). The omelets chef is young and cute! 2. Adequate source of lights in guest room. Beds are large and comfortable; 3. Furniture, fixtures, electronic appliances, and facilities are well maintenance and furnished. They all looks new and clean which gave a warm and home feeling. Blanket, curtain, and other fabric looks new and clean and free of stain. 4. Electricity outlets are adequate (if possible, please offer a USB hub with multiple outlet for charging mobile phone, power bank, and camera) 5. Excellent sound proof material even in the corridor: you won’t hear other guests’ noise in the room or in the corridor; 6. Friendly and polite room services staffs: they said “good morning” when you met them in the corridor; 7. Well-trained, polite, professional, friendly, and efficient front desk staffs: I’m absolutely impressed by front desk staffs who gave me the correct room key without asking my name when I return to the hotel at 10:30pm (even she just met me once during the check-in time at 6:30am on that day). As a guest, we are impressed and found that we are respected. 8. Baggage counter: bell boys are friendly, proactive, and efficient to handle our baggage storage (both early check-in at 6:15am); 9. Transportation arrangement: we are impressed by the excellent arrangement to prepare a clean and new cab for our riding from Sherwood Taipei to Taoyuan Airport (TPE) at reasonable price TWD1,200 (approx USD38). The taxi driver they arranged for us is extremely friendly and polite. 10.

• March 8, 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Balcony

One of the staff (female) at front desk didn't have pleasant smile and l don't feel l'm welcome to stay in this hotel during my check in.

Executive cafe, l can enjoy afternoon tea. Love ginger tea and Chinese sea cucumber.

• February 22, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Ability to make poached eggs...only choice of scrambled, fried, boiled and omelets.

Room very comfortable size. Water Pressure in shower really nice. Internet speed also good.

• February 19, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

It's a 12 minute walk to the MRT and the area is commercial so quiet at night but neither of these things bothered me much.

The room was lovely, very big with an extremely comfortable chair and footstool. The staff were helpful and attentive. Pool and sauana were welcome after a busy day. Breakfast has a big choice.

• February 18, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The reception staff (young female staff with spectacles) in the morning check-in was very unprofessional, inexperienced and rude. Her tone was bad and it left a very bad reflection of your 5 stars hotel. The lobby waiting area has mosquitoes. It shows hygiene-wise the hotel is questionable as we were stung. We were there for a few minutes because we were opening one luggage to bring out a light coat as we couldn't get an early check-in request made on our order via booking.com. There was only one suitable AC power point, where others were 110V two pin types and that was very inconvenient in this age when we have smart gadgets and mobile phones/tablets/ camera equipments that needs charging points.

The housekeeping did a good job, for example, the daily preparation of the 'slippers'+towel next to our beds before we rest for the night. The cleaning up of our room. One of the Concierge staff was very good, genuine and helpful!

• February 14, 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

Nice hotel,clean, staff are helpful! Highly recommend to get the breakfast, very nice! Close to the subway station, about 5-10 mins walk, next time I'd like to try the afternoon tea at the hotel which I heard is also one of the best in town.

• February 11, 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Perfect location walking distance to restaurants and MRT. Room is big, comfortable and clean. Staffs are friendly and always able to offer answer to me. Hotel is not big but just good enough. The indoor swiping pool is unique !

• January 26, 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

Have to carry a big metal key and key chain around. I thought all hotels are now with key cards!

Old hotel, but well maintained. Small but everything is there.

• January 24, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast buffet had a better selection of cold cuts incl salmon in the past somehow. A waffle is a question of luck - be there in the right time to get one.

I am a regular here. Staff always helpful and professional. Check-in and out is fast and seamless. They remember you, your habits and deliver a constant quality.

• January 10, 2016

• Family

Poor wifi consistency Chargeable use of computer in executive lounge Soft pillow a Only one laundry machines for guests

Great staff attentiveness. Luxurious setup Good breakfast

• December 13, 2015

• Deluxe Triple Room

They couldn't find my order at the first day for a room with 3 beds and as the hotel was full, we were offered to live at the junior suite. If the order was not found the next day, we would need to pay the normal rate. Luckily our order was found the next day and we were allowed to stay in the junior suite .

Very spacious and comfortable room for 3 people. The shower and the bath tub was very nice.

• December 9, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

Ther is not many shops around, however as I was there for business it did not affect me and the metro is within walking distance if you know your way around.

Beautiful rooms, comfortable for relaxing as well as spacious enough for work without feeling cramped. Helpful friendly staff and great food.

• November 29, 2015

• Deluxe Triple Room

although we are on the 16th floor, we can still hear noise from the street. We are not facing the main street, it seems the window cannot be properly closed. The shower head of the shower cubicle is not strong enough. However the one in the bathtub is very good.

When we took the tissue box from the bathroom out to the room, they put an extra pack of face tissue in the room the next day. The room is clean and spacious.

• November 15, 2015

• Deluxe Twin Room

Receptionists are no smile, no hospitality and no flexibility. This is the week point here.

Bell boys hospitality are perfect. Breakfast are good selection and service.

• October 27, 2015

• Executive Twin Room with Balcony

Absolutely nothing to complain!

Oh, I was so impressed with this hotel. I stayed in executive twin room with 2 queen beds, so comfortable. The amenity is Hermes products. The hotel offered me a free iron press ticket for 1 suit. If I asked in the morning, normally I can get back by 9 pm. Because I must leave around noon, this ticket seems useless to me, but they offered a 1-hour express service for free, I happily accepted.

• October 6, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

The only place you can chill out after you get back to the hotel is the British bar located at 2nd floor , which is very mediocre and not exactly a British pub/bar I expected

Hotel staffs are one of the best I have met . Tentative , polite and every single of them sound and look jolly ! Making my stay absolute wonderful.

• October 4, 2015

• Deluxe Triple Room

the extra bed for 3rd person is just too small, not a comfortable bed.

The room is quite ok for 2 or 3 persons. We can easily get Taxi from the street or arrangement by hotel. Few restaurants are 5-10 mins away. Family Mart is just behind the hotel.

• September 1, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

Cleaning never clean the carpet or coffee table, I can see the same spots for the entire 6 days of stay.old need update room and bathroom..,need more friendly door men or taxi service.

Non

• July 29, 2015

• Deluxe Triple Room

Staff were extremely friendly, breakfast spread was good, taxis conveniently located outside, fabulous gym and pool, eateries nearby, 2 double beds was enough for 3 people

• July 9, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

Cafeteria seating are arranged too tight or too close between adjacent tables. It is really uncomfortable like eating with a total stranger on the same table. This is a big problem.

Nice and small room with lower rates

• July 2, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

Check-in was very quick. Perfect when arriving late at night. Very friendly staff who couldn't do enough to assist. Will definitely stay here again when in Taipei next.

• June 23, 2015

• Deluxe Triple Room

The room was very spacious to accommodate 4 of us for the first night and 3 of us for the remaining 2 nights. Surprisingly, they didn't charge the extra bed we requested. The room was kept clean and tidy throughout the stay, and we enjoyed it very much. The location is within a 6-minute walking distance to Zhongshan Gaozhong station. Hence, it's very convenient.

• June 16, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room is bit too small. And looks like it is now catered to a lot tourist groups. It seems to be less classy than before.

The staff... I had a slight stomach ache when attending the breakfast and told the manager that I would come back to finish my breakfast. She cared to call me in the next half an hour to make sure that I was ok.

• April 24, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

This is the 1st hotel who charged high deposit in Taipei for me! The policy is like Chinese hotel when i stayed in China. But, only this hotel in Taipei has the same policy as Chiense hotel for me!

• April 17, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

room was a bit dated and when opening the curtains it reviled really dirty windows on the outside, i had to keep the blinds closed not to see that. the room itself was very clean , but couldn't get over the dirty widows as a view.

staff where great , helpful, Breakfast was very nice, available in two location.

• April 11, 2015

• Deluxe Triple Room

Housekeeping can do better, bedding just OK, should replace mugs with cups & plates. Some strange noises & seems somebody keep moving heavy objects above ceiling!

Excellent service.

• April 8, 2015

• Executive Twin Room with Balcony

We checked in at ~12:30pm but room was not available, so they suggested us to come back after sightseeing. After we're back, we asked if an Excutive Twin Room with Balcony (for 2 adults and 2 kids) that we have earlier reserved could be provided. To our disappointment, they told us that only King size bed could be provided due to fully occupied. I was bit surprised about this as we checked in so early and wondered why they didn't tell us about this until we asked for it. The attitude of 1-2 staff (at reception) is not too nice, others' are very good. Except these, overall is good.

Spacious room and bathroom. Nice buffet. Very helpful and kind staff at buffet restaurant and very helpful bellhops.

• April 8, 2015

• Deluxe Twin Room

The dinner hosted by the 1 star michelin chef, Xavier Mathieu was very misleading. It was held in the coffee shop which was totally not within our expectations for a dinner prepared by a michelin chef.

wi-fi, helpful concierge

• March 22, 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast was terrible. Poorly cooked food, served by staff who had no clue. Told the manager about this and he agreed that it was substandard but had no clue how to fix it. Time to find a new manager. I saw food that was overcooked, undercooked, left sitting out for too long and just unappetizing. Look the breakfast buffet is not rocket science. Train your staff and they'll get it right. This is 100% management's lack of staff training.

Great location, nice room, friendly front office staff. Food terrible.

• March 15, 2015

• Executive Queen Room with Balcony

We totally enjoyed our stay at the Sherwood. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had an executive room and the staff at Executive Club were great. The location is great. Only a short walk to the one MRT Station. There is a wide selection of restaurants just around the corner from the hotel. We would definately stay here again if return to Taipei.

Browse The Sherwood Taipei Traveler Photo Gallery