Reviews of The ‘Okina, Autograph Collection 3 stars

2299 Kuhio Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States of America

#92 of 170 hotels in Honolulu

• January 4, 2016

• Deluxe Wave Room

the handicap elevator smelled very badly. the employees used it to haul trash up and down and left the trash near the elevators. not enough parking spaces(under construction). said we would have an ocean view from the balcony. not the case so we couldn't see holiday fireworks. below our balcony was a loud and trashy alleyway. the sheets were short sheeted and put on incorrectly

how close to the beach we were. room was clean and nice and loved having the central air conditioning since we had previously been on the north shore in a condo with no central air

• December 19, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Staff is AWESOME! They were so kind, unbelievably knowledgeable and incredibly accommodating! Because of them, (5 stars to Issac, by the way,) I will definitely recommend and revisit this and all Aqua hotels again.

• November 26, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

No bad experiences except some noise on Sat night from the night club opposite, The International Markets next door are currently being rebuilt.

Staff are friendly and efficient. Location in Waikiki is great as it is one of the cheapest hotels we have stayed at there.

• November 19, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The construction was inconvenient, starting as early as 7:00 AM late into the evening. Wash room facilities need to be updated.

The staff was very courteous and friendly. The location was convenient to the beach and shopping.

• November 17, 2015

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Ended up having an argument with a lady who thought I was pushing in on the line to check-in when in true fact, I was there first. Seems as though a 'waiting'queue does not exist. Lady at the reception desk would have known I was waiting there first as I was the ONLY one waiting after the couple she was attending to. Very frustrating. Bad start to my trip. I suggest you create a queue to avoid this from happening again.

We loved being so close to the shops and restaurants. Hotel maid we had who was in charge of our room every day was so pleasant. Very helpful when we had issues.

• November 16, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Building work going on around the hotel. Noise started at 8am through til 4.30pm. Ok if you are out all day but not pleasant to use the balcony during the day due to noise from traffic and building work .

Central location easy to reach the beach and shops

• November 10, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The hotel is, I think, long-established and in need of refurbishment / remodeling. It is looking "tired" and the room I was given was not worthy of the rsting or price. There was high volume best music from the ground-floor Bar/Club which continued until about 3am and the early morning was disturbed by construction noise from the adjacent plot. These factors should be highlighted in the Booking.com references to the Hotel. I was on a business trip and required rest following long haul. I would not have selected this hotel had I been aware of noise impacts.

The location and ease of access was good it is located just one block back from the main hotels in Waikiki.

• November 1, 2015

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Partial Ocean View

Shabby rooms - dirty carpet, torn curtains, small bathrooms (but good shower). Building going on right next door so industrial noise from 7am each day.

Great location. Good staff. Well cleaned each day. Close to great eateries.

• October 25, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Very noisy room. Across from the lift, next to massive building construction and above noisy night clubs. Booked at the last minute so not much choice of hotel.

• October 24, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Front desk staff were slow, unhelpful and a bit surly Bell service almost non-existent Shuttle service to Ala Moana centre takes you on a 45 minute tour away from the centre, hardly worth taking when only 5 minutes away by taxi, and no fixed schedule.

Large clean rooms, carpet very dated House keeping staff excellent Near lots of eateries and bars, only short walk to beach

• October 17, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Female manager, head of marketing needs training in hospitality since she doesn't know how to smile and greet guests while walking around property during the days. Bumped into her three times throughout my 2 day stay and she never said a word to me. She didn't make any eye contact while in lobby, elevator or just walking around property.

Hospitality of ALL employees,clean facilities & rooms

• October 16, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

It was not long enough as we loved Hawaii. The car park was a little difficult to find from the street with out instructions, better signage or internet instructions would help.

Great location, really friendly staff, close to everything we wanted to see and needed, a really comfy room

• October 13, 2015

Not much actually

Location is great just not on beach but only 5 min max from hotel. Staff are awesome and super helpful. Room is great abd great value for money!! Already booked again!

• October 8, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The construction site next door causing daily noise and the pubs across the street and downstairs with non stop noise until 3am. The dripping tap in the shower made it impossible to sleep

The location was central and fantastic with buses on the front door

• October 1, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

After 10.5 hour flight we found Virgil at reception most unfocused, unwelcoming and distracted. We were just an interruption. Fortunately we didn't have to deal further with him and the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful during our stay. Street noise one night and a security issue in one of the rooms the next night was disturbing. No pool but we should have been aware of that.

• September 29, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Some maintinence issues: The shower bath kept filling up when having a shower, the lift broke down.

Location, location, location! So easy to get around Waikiki staying st this central hotel. We easily went on buses right outside the door, walked 2 blocks to the beach. Has a little fitness centre which was great, and a free shuttle to ala moana shopping centre.

• September 22, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Staff were all curtious including the people doing the rooms and all the staff couldn't be more helpful. Arranging tours and any thing we needed to know they went out of there way to help.

• September 21, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The elevators were extremely slow. And there were times when it would come down, not open, and go back to another floor. I had to fix the Playstation so we could watch the movie we rented. I own an XBox One, but luckily I had a PS 2 back in the day, so I wasn't totally in the dark. Others may need directions to know how to operate. Hallways were a little loud as some folks decided to hang out in them instead of the room.

Bed was comfortable. Very clean.

• September 15, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Very busy hotel, noisy location (nightlife at Kuhio), old architecture with bad ventilation, lots of renovation needed.

Spacious room, good bed and linen, clean bathroom

• September 8, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The parking is hard but the option that u have to park to the other building is ok but the part that they will reimburse u at the end of ur stay is tricky...they would tell u that u have no credits left thats why they cant reimburse u anymore....and the smell of the shower curtain..

The place is stategic

• August 25, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Parking is awful. The shower leaked and ceiling in bathroom is swollen from condensation. The bed is hard, pillows flat and linen had multiple stains.

Location makes it easier to walk around waikiki and see the sights.

• August 25, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

There was construction work outside but Aqua Waikiki Wave apologised on big boards in Lobby, even little cards in your room and staff too. So its something that's out if their control and they still apologise for it so I thought was great. Plus construction work means it's better things to look forward too.

The Staff were so lovely, from Reception to house cleaners. The rooms were so clean and comfortable. The WiFi worked everywhere in the Hotel and air con was great. The DVD machine was great. Having a Shuttle every 45 mins was so convenient to travel around in and the location is great as its in the middle of Kalakaua and Ala Moana and sur rounded by shops ABC, Ross, etc. I loved how Aqua Waikiki Wave informed us of activities and attractions we can go to on their notices walls and even in lifts.We loved having free tea and coffee in the mornings and ice cold water afterwards in the Lobby. We made so many new friends here from around the world. The best stay we had for our Honeymoon.

• August 14, 2015

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Partial Ocean View

The view was on a building in construction and they start to work at 7 am! The bath towels were always dirty. For how much I payed I was expecting more.

• August 9, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

-Found a cockroach in the room -Not enough parking- had to park in sketchy nearby parking structure -Stayed 2 nights and maid never came to clean the room

The staff (Frank was especially helpful)

• August 3, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

My room location was terrible, it was a night club beneath my room the played loud music until about 3am. Once the music stopped the banging of construction workers began right outside my window was a construction site, needless to say I didn't get any sleep.

The staff was very helpful and professional.

• July 30, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The parking was so expensive. It's the same prices everywhere, but there was construction making a tight fit. I would think they would of discounted the cost due to the construction.

I thought the staff were awesome. Its still a nice location even though it's not smack dab on the beach.

• July 28, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

There was roaches within our room. I have never stayed at a hotel with a problem like that. You had to go downstairs to ask for a toothbrush / toothpaste / shaving razor /showercap - if you have to pay for an amenity fee of $15.71 with no basic amenities included, what exactly are you paying for?

The location is prime. The staff was generally very cheery.

• July 21, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

No view, construction outside, bathroom a little dated

Location is really good. On the heart of downtown. 5 min walk from Waikiki Beach, but you don't pay the premium for being on the beach. Good price for what you're getting.

• July 15, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

I asked for some cutlery and they couldn't provide. Also there is a big hotel being constructed right next to this one, so those "city view" rooms basically have construction going on inside them (it's that close). Construction started before 7am every day and the workers are so close to our windows that we kept our curtains closed all the time. I know they can't do anything about the construction, but it greatly reduces the value for what you pay.r. Lastly, they advertised that they don't charge a hospitality fee, like other hotels in the area, but sure enough it was right there on the bill - a nightly $15 hospitality fee, together with the 4.7% general excise tax and 9.25% transient accommodations tax. Also the booking.com quoted price said that tax was included, but it was not!

Great location, short walk to the very busy Waikiki beach. Bed was very comfortable. Wi-fi worked well. 20 min walk to the convention center.

• July 14, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

first room given was on 2nd floor, overlooking construction site and then across from a loud night club. I asked the front desk clerk for a quiet room because I was not feeling well and just needed rest. I had to call the front desk around 11:30 pm because I was woken up to loud music from the night club across the street. He gave me a room on the 6th floor which was better, but the music was still audible.

location of hotel was great

• June 30, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The construction site was bad. We had construction on two sides. My 6 yr old the first morning woke up saying something banged in her head that's how close it seemed. After a few nights you just knew you had to wake up at 7. Please do not think you will be sleeping in. No chance. Choose carefully. If sleep is what you seek on this holiday I strongly suggest staying elsewhere and make sure to check there too, there is construction going on all over Waikiki. Also make sure you get in at checking time. Otherwise you have s very long lmg wait.

We loved the location. It was close to all the shops as well as the beach. Awesome beach. They had an Ala Moana shuttle service that you pay for. This service fee also includes towels which you will need. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite which was awesome. Location, staff and comfort all very good!!

• June 25, 2015

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Staff are let down by aging building. There was no protection from the noise outside, balcony doors didn't seem to seal properly or lock.

Staff were fantastic always extremely friendly willing to help. Comfy beds. Staff accommodated a room move for us from one side of the building to the other due to construction next door

• June 24, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

VERY VERY noisey, the bar downstairs goes till about 4am! And you hear everything! we were in room 506 and 507 and it was like they are in your room! Then you just get to sleep and the construction starts up about 6.30! Seriously we only stayed 2 nights thankfully as we were so shattered with the noise. Really a shame as the location and foyer area is great but the noise is bad!

great location, really handy to everything

• June 8, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

As there is major construction happening from Monday to Saturday and it starts at 6:30 am and goes all day, and is happening 10 feet from your bedroom window I think everyone should be made aware so they could pick another hotel.

• May 25, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The electrical outlet near the coffee maker was not functioning. I had to plug the coffee maker in the electrical outlet of the bathroom. The view of my room was the parking lot of Waikiki Trade Center and people in the parking lot could see me.

There was a nice cocktail in the afternoon and the coconut rum drink was good. The location was very good.

• May 20, 2015

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Very dated and dirty room. Hair all over the bathroom, inside bathtub and on carpet. Super dusty ! Noise couldn't sleep the 2 nights. Terrible experience for a high price of $615.00. Stay away from that hotel!

The only pro was the microwave in the room.

• May 17, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Nuisance lift out of operation some times. Ice machine out of order for long time. Hotel needed to let customers know about construction work around, very noisy.

All staff at Aqua Wave great, some exceptional, thanks Issac and James. Room has all you need.

• April 29, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

This is the second time I stayed there, and I was at first given a room on the 2nd floor which was awful. I asked to go up, and got the 15th, which was much better. Don't get low down floors, you get no view and the rooms don't seem as nice, unless I got the one that had all the blown bulbs... The only complaint I had would be the air con is really noisy.Even when switched off.

Shops and beach so close.

• April 26, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

$15/day amenities fee = outrageous. Hotel biz ctr email server does NOT send email -- complained = no action. Also, my email was hacked -- did this occur w/ hotel email system?? Noisy room hall doors; hallways noisy. Sheets not changed. No dishes/eating utensils. Terrible bathroom layout + very poor lighting. Expect full amenities? Don't stay here; not a "resort."

Convenient location; easy walk to Waikiki Beach; bus stops near; free shuttle to Ala Moana Center = good; beach towels helpful; most staff helpful; free newspaper good; Wi-Fi very good in room.

• April 20, 2015

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Partial Ocean View

Nothing I am going back again!

Being so close to the heart of Waikiki was great. Before I arrived I had googled the location, but everything is much closer. My friends stayed at the Hilton, and it was only a ten minute walk or a 2 minute Tuk-tuk ride away, and I definitely had the best deal at a much better price.

• April 14, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Construction next door which is unavoidable for all the surrounding hotels. No pool however not a big deal with the beach being so close.

Great location and value. Met all basic needs. Resort fee which included WIFI and movie hire which was great.

• March 31, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Extremely loud all night followed by construction at 7am. $15 Resort fee was a rip off. Wifi barely worked and the shuttle was useless. Bathroom was awful and water went everywhere. Bath dripped non stop.

Location was perfect! Walking distance to everywhere in Waikiki.

• March 28, 2015

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

The stairs at the entry had guests obnoxiously pulling their luggage up and down . Construction made locating the place a touch difficult , a little dated, had an Xbox which almost caused my 8 year old to faint with excitement but then no games? Staff was a bit frigid

We had a corner room with two balconys looking out over Waikiki for an amazing view, good price

• March 23, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

There isn't a pool for Hotel Use. The parking is horrible. It should be criminal to charge as much as the Hotel and The Waikiki Trade Center charges for Parking. No kitchen amenities. The bathroom layout is not user friendly. A Horrible Layout.

The Bed was nice.

• March 18, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

I would have preferred a later check-out than 1.00pm since I arrived so late. I would prefer an option to reduce the room rate if not staying long enough to benefit from the beach towels, shuttle, etc surcharge.

Handy location and greeted by name on arrival at 4.00am

• March 17, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The bed was terrible, room ordinary. Had ternage school kids running up and diwn the hallways yelling at night and pushing in front of you in the lift. Very average hotel. Beds and pillows very bad

Location good and staff good

• March 10, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The first room that we had was facing on to Kuhio and very noisy, especially the music from the club across the street.

The location was convenient and central to all facilities. The staff was very helpful and courteous. They arranged to move us from the front away from Kuhio to the back, away from the noisy street.

• February 24, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Bedroom badly need a makeover including the bathroom. Shower did not work at all. The 20 inch television was ridiculous. Spent 10 days there and would not stay there again.

Staff very nice. Good location, close to Waikiki Beach.

• February 21, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Kuhio Ave can be a little sketchy, but as young city-based travelers it didn't bother us.

The beach chairs were great and included with the resort fee. Fairly quick access to Waikiki via Dukes Ave. Staff was great, I recommend taking part in the Wednesday meet & greet happy hour.

• February 17, 2015

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Partial Ocean View

There were many reasons I was unhappy: -It took my 1 1/2 hours to find parking because my car was "oversized"....and there was no parking sign, so it took a while to find it. -The rooms were outdated -Construction was going on, so very noisy -Beds were very, very, hard -No pool. I have kids, so we couldn't do much. Overall, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again...unless, their prices were ridiculously cheap. I paid as much to stay at the Hilton, to stay here....so not worth it!

The staff was aweomse! Very genuine, helpful and really nice. They could tell I was unhappy with the accomodations and were quick to respond. Staff made my trip ;)

• February 10, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

15 dollars a day by Aqua group added to the stay for amenities that are free in many other hotels like wi if, beach towels , gym. I will think twice before booking his chain again.

• February 8, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

A continental breakfast service is the only thing missing that would make this hotel perfect.

Amazing location, friendly staff, and a very clean and comfortable room. They also provide complimentary wifi, shuttle service to popular locations around the Waikiki/Ala Moana area and beach towels.. all while being the cheapest hotel in the area!

• January 28, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

No pool or hot tub. Lots of construction. Very dirty hotel.also we got locked out of our room twice l, took forever to get maitenance to open the door.

The price was good as well as the location.

• January 21, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

The staff attitude was unhelpful, not knowledgeable about their city. The lack of utensils including crockery and cutlery in room.

The bed - very comfortable. The concierge (James) was extremely helpful and friendly. Apart from the cleaners, he was the only other impressive staff member who seemed to enjoy his job. Catherine from Sydney Australia

• January 21, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

A Japanese lady at the reception had an attitude to us all the time. I saw she was nice to other family, but I don't think we did something to her. As a professional of customer service, that behavior was unacceptable.

The location of the hotel was great. Most of the stuff were friendly.

• January 16, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Works for the renovation of a shopping center are next door and creates too much noise; as well as the main street where the hotel is: the windows are not soundproof

Nice position, close to beach and shopping streets

• January 16, 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Partial Ocean View

Rude & uninterested staff at reception upon check in Noisy at night from night club patrons

Comfortable bed

• January 3, 2016

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds

Some renovations required in the room especially the bathroom.

Located central and surrounded by shops and food outlets.

• November 30, 2015

• One-Bedroom King Suite

No early check in.

Big room, comfortable bed, great location.

• November 27, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Carpets worn, whole place needs a renovation It seems "tired"

location, cost

• October 30, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

CONSTRUCTION NEXT DOOR SHOULD HAVE ADJUSTED THE PRICES ????

• October 27, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Lack of help finding information about places we wished to visit

Location and helpful staff

• October 14, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

No kettle to boil hot water/toaster

Location location location Comfortable beds and spacious room

• October 13, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Little bit noisy as close to the nightlife.

Clean and close to everything. Perfect for the one night we were there.

• October 10, 2015

To noisy

• October 9, 2015

The authoration for deposit hold very long (over 10 days) haven't released yet

Close to beach

• October 8, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

You get what you pay for

The price is cheap

• October 7, 2015

Little parking.

The location and price.

• October 7, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Some noise due to location of night clubs

Large rooms

• October 6, 2015

No bad experiences.

Lovely crisp, clean bed linen. Only a short walk to most of Waikiki spots, shopping, beach.

• October 1, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

Shower drain was clogged but was fixed the next day. Parking fee of $25 or $20 per day a little expensive.

Easy location to central Waikiki.

• September 27, 2015

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Partial Ocean View

Bathroom wasn't super clean, but fine.

We got a solid deal. Fine location. Provided what we needed.

• September 25, 2015

Having a microwave 8n room was great

• September 24, 2015

No breakfast

Friendly staff

• September 23, 2015

• Deluxe Wave Room

convenient to shops, beach, etc