Reviews of Best Western Plus Medical Center South 2 stars

4803 Manitou Drive, San Antonio, TX 78228, USA

#118 of 291 hotels in San Antonio

• 16 January 2017

Bed was uncomfortable Restroom a little small Restroom had hair on Wall when we got in

My reservation went through Ac worked Had fridge good for price

• 5 January 2017

• Family

The room was nice but the space between the end of the beds and the desk etc. was only 16 inches. It was the narrowest space we've ever been in. Even 6-12 inches more would have helped a lot.

Breakfast was great and so was everything else except the space in the room.

• 5 January 2017

• Family

The last night se have An incident with the staff (Alex) at front desk. He was ofensive and treat my family with lack of respect besides we did not know the law in Sn Antonio relates to pets. I would like to receive a phone call to explain more in detail. Best regards-

Facilities and location

• 30 December 2016

Our room was not clean when we arrived (late evening). 1.The bedding had a long sizing sticker(from at shirt?) on it (which was visible when we opened the door)& hair and makeup on the sheets so we immediately requested fresh bedding. 2. No laundry room despite a sign on the wall indicating they had one. It rained all weekend & we needed to dry our coats.

The downstairs staff was phenomenal! Friendly/helpful. Especially James at the front desk. Atmosphere was warm/clean downstairs.

• 24 December 2016

• Family

- The room is so dusty and dirty that I have to wipe all the tables by myself when I checked-in - The carpet is not clean - there were so many bits of papers and hairs. - The bedsheets were old and also the towels - The daily housekeeping will just come in and change the used towels without even make our beds(?)!! - Don't even make me start with the toilet

The only good thing is the comfy bed

• 21 December 2016

• Family

Rooms were very tiny, cramped, bedding and walls tattered,black hairs on pillow case and sheet, bathtub stained looked dirty. Had to change rooms due to a mold smell and humidity in the room. Nothing like any Best Western Plus I have been in before. Very disappointing.

Loved the Texas state waffles and the beds were comfortable

• 19 December 2016

• Family

Hotel wise, perfect. Not so much the cold front that blew in that night. But that is out of your hands! LOL!

Best comfortable bed and pillows Ever! I have trouble finding rooms this comfortable. The breakfast was restaurant quality. The young man went beyond expectations in being friendly, helpful and making us feel welcomed at this location, both at registration and check out. We will definitly book here again. Told my son's wife to refer this location to friends and family looking to book a hotel in San Antonio.

• 15 December 2016

• Family

Our first room had cockroaches (two big ones). We were moved to a different room and it was hard to get the room open. Finally they put us in a third room and it was great.

The beds were nice and the staff was great!

• 13 December 2016

• Family

What's not to like. Fantastic sevice, very clean facilities and a bargin price. Thanks

My request for 1st floor w/disabled bathroom was honored will using another booking source, not Best Western's website.

• 13 December 2016

Nothing everything was lovely I have do dislikes and the room or stay.

I loved the hospitality of the front desk on both check in and check out.I loved the comfort of the beds they were very soft and comfortable.

• 12 December 2016

All things considered, I can think of nothing negative during my stay.

The hotel was in a convenient and safe location. It was extremely clean and inviting and the beds were heads above the comfort level of other establishments including high-end hotels. I would recommend it for any travelers staying over in San Antonio!

• 5 December 2016

• Family

The sheets were dirty and the comforters.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was very nice. The breakfast staff was very helpful when I was trying to help my nephew and myself with breakfast.

• 30 November 2016

• Family

Not much hot water.Cold breakfast and rude customers.

The pool was nice. TV was great. Fire alarm worked really well when I turned on the heater it went off.

• 18 November 2016

I think breakfast was a little to early. I usually don't wake up until 9.

The service and overall warmth of staying there. I almost didn't want to leave.

• 14 November 2016

There is no guest laundry even though there is signage in the hallways. Our bathroom was not clean when we arrived and it was missing a shower curtain, towels and tolietries. Also there were flying insects in the room which I believe were coming from the pipes.

The location was fine and close to The Rim and restaurants. Bed was comfortable along with all the room amenities you could need. Staff was attentive and friendly. Didn't try the breakfast as I slept in. Room was peaceful and quiet. Hallways and public areas were clean.

• 14 November 2016

The loss of TV channels that we should have been able to watch claim to have no signal the last two evenings that we were there. Disappointing.

We did not eat the eggs. Our bed was a little firm for our comfort.

• 12 November 2016

Rooms were dirty. First room had previous persons dirty towels hanging up and long black hair all over bathroom. The second room, because we moved rooms had long black and brown hair all over bed when my husband pulled sheets back. All we got from the desk clerk was... I'm sorry....

Great hotel, great location, great amenities.

• 7 November 2016

• Family

There was more then once that I went to the desk and there was no one there. At check out there was only one person working so there was a line of 5 people waiting and then the phone started to ring so it made it even worse. Also the bathrooms had no exhaust fan. The room was constantly humid not just when someone took a shower. They need to look at repairing the air conditioning. Also breakfast should start at 6 am not 6:30.

The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. The staff was friendly.

• 5 November 2016

The "Free High Speed" wifi was very slow and majority of the time unresponsive. I would not recommend staying here if you need Internet access that is reliable.

Complimentary breakfast was very nice. Rooms were clean, and the area is relatively safe.

• 2 November 2016

The hotel is literally located behind/to the side of Marie calendars and two car lots it is a very quiet location and couldn't have picked better. We went there for our honey moon, it is close to most of the attractions that we wanted to go to. The furthest we went was 30 minutes away to the river walk. If you are like me I would give a few extra minutes for finding a parking place most are pay to park or permit parking only. We missed going to the Alamo for trying to find a parking place. There are a lot of restraints near by on the other side of the interstate. It you can take the loop and then loop back to the hotel. The bed was very comfortable the hotel room was clean and the staff were super friendly. Breakfast had a huge selection compared to what complementary breakfasts usually have. I will definitely stay here again

• 1 November 2016

Sorry, I really didn't care for this hotel, you could smell the dirt from the dirty carpets down the hall when you walked in. And the guy at the front desk had been outside smoking when I arrived and the lobby reaked of smoke. Also On Saturday I asked for my room to be cleaned (after two nights) and when I looked at them, I saw that she did not change my sheets or pillowcases. So I had to ask her to please come and change them. And then that breakfast was the worst I've ever had at a Best Western.

They did let me check out 1 day early and the guy that helped me with this was extremely nice and courteous and went out of his way to help me. Wish he had been there when I checked in.

• 12 October 2016

• Family

We had to be moved multiple times due to malfunctions in the rooms. Maintenance is poor. Our bathtub faucet dripped and the keypad to our door battery died making it near impossible to enter and exit the room. A pipe had burst in the first room we were assigned and the sink was disgusting. The room didn't have a good window view either.

The bed was wonderful. The pillows were like laying on a cloud. Free wifi and breakfast. The staff was friendly and prompt.

• 10 October 2016

• Family

Wi-fi is too slow. So I used the computer in the business center most of time when I need to use internet. Their computers and printer are good.

Everything is good except wi-fi.

• 10 October 2016

Dirty room, changed room twice with no resolution Asked to speak to the manager 14 times between leaving messages, calling, and stopping at the desk and was consistently told she was too busy Housekeeping doesn't clean room during stay and you have to beg for clean towels and more toilet paper Would never stay here again!

• 30 September 2016

• Family

I didn't like the dripping air conditioner in the room made the floor wet by the window. Didn't like the bathroom smell smelt like sewer.

I really liked the breakfast and the pool

• 16 September 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

I'm not going to nit pick but there wasn't really anything I disliked other than there wasn't an actual vending machine on any floors but the channel choices could be more broad.

We had a king room and it was LOVELY! The room was just so cute and very cozy!

• 15 September 2016

• Family

Bed was comfortable but sheets had not been changed or dusted down. Pillows were plenty and very comfortable.

Breakfast was fresh. Variety was appreciated. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• 7 September 2016

Rooms were kinda small, very tight fit. Area around the hotel wasn't very good. Passed by someone doing a drug deal on the back side of the building when we were entering the building.

Rooms were nice. Beds were comfortable.

• 6 September 2016

Hotel room was not cleaned, got another room and that was dirty as well. The manager is never there so we couldn't even talk to him/her. When we went to check out we never received a receipt we were told we would have the first night for $29 and be refunded $75. I still do not have that money. This place is aweful

• 6 September 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

WiFi wouldn't hookup. But I hacked into the Medical Center WiFi and it was pretty fast. Probably faster than yours.

The breakfast was surprisingly good.

• 5 September 2016

There was nothing at all to complain about during my stay

Clean recently decorated room, friendly and helpful staff, good wifi speed, decent facilities and its in a good location for me

• 5 September 2016

• Family

No water fountain. Long waiting line for breakfast on Labor Day weekend. Old faucet for sink and bath tub. Not very clean bedding. Noisy.

Good location. Very nice staff.

• 18 August 2016

• Family

The room was a little cramped for two queen size beds. There was a kid running up and down the hall, but that is the parents' fault, not the hotel.

Good selection for breakfast, quiet rooms, comfy beds.

• 18 August 2016

If you have a stereo system, take your faceplate off at night. They broke into my 2006 f150 and stole my stereo. Park close to the building were cameras can see your car.

The breakfast waffles

• 16 August 2016

• Family

Shower handles we're half hanging on, door to room was broke with the staff knowing of the issue and not fixing it. We were told we had to just keep trying the door using a given trick to get in. Back door to facility did not work with key card, and we were given false information when we ordered the rooms. Called down to request towels, because we were not given but 2 when room service came, and staff told us we had to come get them that they were not gonna bring them to us.

• 8 August 2016

• Family

The room was way too tiny. The faucet in the bathroom was loose.

I liked a lot of things about the hotel. I liked that it had good breakfast in the mornings,that it had a small frig and microwave, and the bed was made nice and fluffy.

• 3 August 2016

breakfast was grate

all was great 1st night,2nd day went to seaworld came in late 11pm are bed was made but nothing else,we had no towels or toilet paper and trash not taken,i had a walmart shopping bag tie closed on floor they took it i had just bought those that morning,the worst thing of all was no hot water,,ft desk wouldnt call maintance and we wouldnt have to pay for that night at checkout,but they did charge us

• 30 July 2016

• Family

Rooms were kinda small with hardly enough room to pass between beds and desk,wardrobe etc. Had one chair, broken light on desk and loose faucet on bathroom sink, no shampoo,only conditioner and one tiny bar of soap for bathing and hand washing. Needs more toiletries.

Room was nice and cool but not very big.It had comfy beds which served the purpose though. Breakfast was great.

• 19 July 2016

The only thing that bothered me was I got bitten by 2 fleas. It is understandable Everything was great! The only thing that bothered me was I got bitten by 2 fleas. It is understandable being that guests are allowed pets. However, other people may not be as understanding. So maybe you need to fumigate more often.

Everything was great! One problem read below.

• 18 July 2016

• Family

This was the most awful hotel experience I have every had. I booked three rooms for four nights. On the first night of my stay, I discovered my tub did not hold water for me to bathe my children and it took three days for it to be fixed even after speaking with someone each morning. I also had no refrigerator in my room and was told it was probably just taken by the last guest. I was offered a different room, but could not move because I had an elderly family member in the room across the hall and was told there were not any rooms available close to that room. (Which was explained when I requested all of my rooms to be together, but ended up with one room down the hall and was told that housekeeping could not clean the room adjoining mine because they didn't know how to clean that type of room.) So because I could not move, the staff just decided to ignore my requests for repair. I was told I could use another room to bathe the kids each night and when I got tired of that and demanded the repair be taken care of, I was told I could just "stick a towel in the drain" when I spoke with the Asst Mgr. I was again told I could move rooms at 11 pm (with sleeping children) and after refusing again due to my situation with my grandmother, I was given a cup (from a Baymont hotel) to cover the drain. Finally, after calling their corporate office the next morning and the Asst Mgr lying to the rep about the parts for the repairs, the tub was finally fixed at the end of the day and fridge replaced, this was on the last night of my stay. I was offered a 15% discount for one night of my stay to accommodate my troubles. I asked to speak with the GM several times and was never given the chance. I was told she was out running errands and no one could tell me if or when she would be back. I asked several times but was given the run around.

The breakfast was good and the beds were very comfortable.

• 6 July 2016

• Family

The room was very narrow and there was no refrigerator. The chair in the room was trendy but not comfortable.

The room was clean and the staff was very helpful

• 5 July 2016

• Family

Didn't like the smell of the room, smells like wet carpet, the bath tub was a litter dirty but other then that was Ok!

Love the Staff, breakfast and rooms were very comfortable..

• 18 May 2016

The only thing I would say that could have been better. Is actually getting the room that I paid for. I book online all the time and always get a king size bed and end up getting a twin bed or something different that I did not ask for. I would appreciate if I could just get the room that I want and that I booked for overall I will give the hotel a 5star if the reservations went accordingly as planned

The room was clean and neat overall a decent room

• 24 April 2016

A steady stream of water ran in the tub/shower which I reported to the front desk. Was unable to shut it off myself. My TV remote didn't work but the desk clerk very kindly brought me a replacement right away. Extremely clean facility. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I will be back!

• 20 March 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was limited space in the room. The bathtub was not clean

The beds were very comfortable and breakfast was great. The location was only 10 minutes from Lackland Air Force Base

• 19 March 2016

There isn't really anything we didn't like. Everything from check in to checkout was satisfactory. Amazing service.

The rooms are amazing, very clean and trendy. It almost felt like it was a brand new hotel. The breakfast was as we expected, filling and we'll presented.

• 30 November 2015

Close to medical center, where I have many appointments. Rooms are nicely decorated. I have always been treated well by staff. Easy access off interstate.

• 24 November 2015

• Family

The room is small and the bathroom as well. There is no fan in the bathroom and this make all the room smell bad

The room was clean and the bed is comfortable

• 18 November 2015

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Laundry machine were not available because renovation but is understood.

Beautiful very family friendly.. I have a 4 and 5 year old nephew that live with us and they love it. Beds are comfortable, huge Tv, mini fridge and even a micro in both are rooms with 2 small kids you need those thing. Our house flood and they mad us feel like home..

• 18 November 2015

Breakfast was just okay. It needs some apples and bananas.

- The staff was very friendly. (Both shifts) - The room was clean everyday. (There wasn't a single hair on our bathroom) - Fast check-in and check-out. - Location was great. - It was a nice surprise that our room had mini fridge! We didn't miss the microwave because at night we heat our leftovers at the breakfast area and there was delicious hot coffee!

• 26 September 2015

--->

Clean nice hotel, excellent value vs. money, it was outside the season and far cheaper than some other chains. Pool was good too, breakfast was rich as well.

• 31 August 2015

Too bad the pool didn't open until 10am. Breakfast could be better - yogurt, fresh fruit and some granola bars would be nice! As would tea with milk!

Clean and comfortable and the pool was much appreciated. Easy to get to the San Antonio Missions ballpark - which is well worth a visit! Downtown San Antonio is a short ride.

• 16 August 2015

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

After a long ride to San Antonio we were given a room that had not been cleaned. No bacon and eggs for breakfast...just bread! Waffles, cold cereal, toast, mini cinnamon rolls, and mini muffins. No blanket on the bed.

The room was updated nicely.

• 30 July 2015

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our room key did not work well and problem was know to staff. Unsure why it was never repaired with previous occupants and staff reporting it. Was repaired quickly once we were locked out!

• 20 July 2015

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Cable in the room did not work. The TV kept going on and off. The blanket on the bed did not appear clean. The sofa bed was not a bed, only a sofa so it was not very comfortable to sleep on.

Location was good. Price was good.

• 20 July 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very crowded - had to stand and wait for tables to open. Line to make waffles was long due to waffle makers on one side not working the first day. Worked the 2nd day but still very crowded. Staff was reloading milk, cereal and muffins as quickly as they could.

Good location to get to both Sea World and the Alamo.

• 14 July 2015

• Family

The breakfast isn't great. It's waffles, yogurt, cereal, and some pastries. Plus it was packed each morning, so it was much easier to go out for breakfast.

The location is right off the highway so it was very easy to get anywhere in town. The zoo, seaworld, and the aquarium are all close by along with great restaurants. The pool was nice for the kids, and even though the hotel was full, it wasn't super busy.

• 9 July 2015

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were supposed to have a sofa bed and didn't. So we asked for a rollaway bed. We waited 4 hours for it. Then our air conditioner broke so we had to move rooms. Upstairs. The business center was closed. No fridge in the room. The phone was broken. Breakfast was terrible. People were rude.

The pool

• 2 July 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tiny cramped room, with hardly enough room between the bed and furniture to walk by. Double beds were fulls, not queens. Noisy, with every sound and bump coming into the room, as well as an air conditioner that was extremely loud, and ran constantly. Breakfast offered, but not good times (closes at 8:30 during the week) and very basic selection, with long waits due to crowds. Housekeeping came to clean rooms at 9:30 am, so if you weren't out early, no service. Not good for vacationing.

Price was decent. Rooms were clean.

• 18 June 2015

they were in the middle of remodeling, so the fitness area wasn't open.

The room furnishings. The way the lamps were styled was very neat looking. Plus the lamps had plugs and a USB ports for charging phones and electronic devices.

• 5 June 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed for three days, the room was great,beds super tall and comfy,loved it. There are renovations going on in the hotel but our stay wasnt realy distracted except for the pool.

• 14 May 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could use a few more options.

the room was very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect to see all the sites of The River Walk, the Alamo and still feel like you are out of the congestion of the city.

• 1 May 2015

Housekeeping and maintenance was great! The 2 ladies that oversaw breakfast, not so much! The Manager Marrisa could have been friendlier. My boyfriend is in the military and we stayed there to be close to the hospital. The last 72 hrs of a 2 week visit I became sick. I asked for my own room at 9 am because I didn't want my boyfriend to get sick when he was deploying overseas again. I was told I would have to wait to get into a room until after 3pm or I could pay an early check in fee for a hotel I was already staying in....really? My boyfriend was already spending hundreds of dollars with them, they couldn't waive that $25 fee for an existing guest? That's just poor business sense right there. The 2 ladies running the breakfast bar watch every single guest like they think your going to steal something. When I asked for liquid creamer Theresa snapped at me, I just filled that bowl. Apparently she missed the staff coming down and helping themselves to coffee as we arrived! My boyfriend put an egg in the microwave to warm it and it blew up. He cleaned up the mess himself so as not to inconvenience the staff, and the next day, there was a big sign on the microwave asking people not to put eggs in there! Not necessary as he was already feeling bad about it, and he cleaned it up himself! Just poor poor poor customer service all the way around. We won't stay there again, and will be sure to tell other military personnel to avoid this hotel!

The facility itself was fine and had most of the features I was looking for.

• 14 April 2015

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The employee that was 50+ and I believe the mgr. The Construction, the room, the customer service, overall experience.

the employee who worked the evening shift.

• 29 March 2015

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

construction was somewhat bothersome and breakfast should last till 10Am instead of 9 am.

The hotel was close to everything I needed it to be. Walking distance of a convience store. Quiet and got plenty of rest after exploring the city.

• 11 March 2015

The room was a mess and the bed was bad.The phone did not work. there were no table lamps in the room.Asked for another room and the person at the desk said non of the others would be any better.

• 10 March 2015

• Family

House keeping was poor, never left the right amount of towels or coffee supplies. Rooms are very tiny with little light or mirrors or plug ins. Breakfast was poor & always out of everything.

Price

• 21 February 2015

See above. The hotel was clean staff was nice. We stayed 2 nights in each room.

Rm 404 came with one blanket tucked in, no bedspread the wall AC-heat units are noisy so prefer not to use them. With no bedspread it looked like no one had finished making the bed. Everything else was fine with room. Rm 303 came with a light weight bedspread but no blanket and no bedside lamps. The AC-heater unit never shut off so we did not use at night too noisy. I put the bath towels on my side of the bed to keep me warmer.

• 5 February 2015

didn't have yogurt for breakfast. No weights in the fitness center.

I love the friendly staff Mariam at the front desk did an excellent job helping out! The rooms were big and clean. The breakfast good

• 3 February 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very low frills hotel. They don't even have lids for coffee cups to-go. Very limited breakfast offered. Uncomfortable small beds. Thin walls. It looked like they had recently repainted the walls and did a very poor job of it. No floor trim replaced and electrical plug covers were missing.

Price

• 25 January 2015

No lamps by the bed. Needs general housekeeping and maintenance. Shower curtain needed adjusting, no working ice coolers, n fridge in room.

The bed was comfortable.

• 25 January 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C was loud and did not seem to work as intended Bathtub fixtures were leaking constantly

Great Location. Hotel is between Seaworld, Six Flags, and downtown. Comfortable

• 21 January 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevator was broken, the staff was very negative about the hotel as they comment in front of customers, how they ask to have all repairs. The ice machines did not work, the vending machines were not working, no microwaves in the room. The working elevator look like it never been vacummed, you could smell the paint.

The waffles, one young receptionist on Sunday who look like she was doing her job, and was very kind.

• 17 January 2017

Cleanliness in the room

• 11 January 2017

Coffe maker was dirty.

Room was clean and cold.