Reviews of CAMBRiA hotel & suites White Plains - Downtown 3 stars

250 Main Street, White Plains, NY 10601, United States of America

#1 of 9 hotels in White Plains

9.7

• February 21, 2017

Parking only by valet or in the city parking garage. This quickly becomes expensive.

Comfortable beds, very new design and layout, HBO, modern shower! Staff were very helpful and friendly, greatly contributing to an enjoyable stay.

• February 17, 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Charge for breakfast was a bit high for what was offered.

The room was spacious and laid out very pleasantly. It felt more like a small apartment rather than just a hotel room.

• January 31, 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was virtually empty. The entire hotel was cold on Jan 29, 2017. Heating system in room was faulty and blew cold air instead of heat.

Breakfast was adequate for the cost, but the restaurant was cold.

• January 29, 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There's nothing I did not lot like about this hotel.

The room was amazing, literally the best bed I ever slept in. It was super quiet, comfortable, - large room. The bathroom was also very nice, definitely can't wait to stay again.

• January 6, 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Wrote above and that breakfast is not included when u pay $145 per night.It should b

They didn't mention that the indoor pool was under construction.

• January 3, 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room 633, below outside the window I guess were the generators/vents/fans for the hotel so it made quiet a bit of noise in the early am hours. Will remember that for next time.

Beds were very comfortable, hotel was very modern, clean - location was excellent with all restaurants and shopping choices within walking distance. And two TVs in the room? Great!

• December 8, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of street sound, perhaps inevitable in the downtown location. I was advised to request a room in back next time.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Nice lobby, overall setup attractive and functional.

• November 7, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The food was not included in the price but the was a kitchen with a breakfast buffet. Unfortunately the food was not that good. My biggest negative is that on the counter it said the there was a coffee bar 24/7 but when I tried to get service for a morning coffee and tea on the day we went back to the airport there was no service to be had. There is a Starbucks near the facility for people who are desperate for a morning Java.

The room was very nice, comfortable and decorated well. Heating was very quiet. Beds were comfortable. Exercise room was also clean and good to use for a workout.

• October 24, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet quite basic.

Friendly staff. Comfortable beds, clean, modern separate living/eating room with tea/coffee facilities and microwave.

• September 6, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Weren't able to confirm early check-in in advance, but luckily our room was available when we checked in

Staff were extremely friendly on-site, location was central

• August 18, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

This hotel is in a great location, right by the upscale mall and coffee shops, etc. The hotel's decor is beautiful. The staff is extra friendly and helpful. The restaurant/lounge area is nicely located and very comfortable. I've stayed there several times when visiting my family in White Plains.

• August 16, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When I arrived around 7 my friend & I had really bad customer service from the two lady's at the desk , couldn't remember their name but I got tons of attitudes & eye rolls from them both

I loved the room & how nice the hotel looked

• July 6, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel bar closed before 10pm but maybe that had to do with the fact that I traveled on a holiday weekend.

The hotel was in the heart of everything. The staff was friendly and my entire stay was seamless.

• May 31, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I love the great customer services n the nightly rates is reasonable to be comfortable.

Cambria Hotel Suites in downtown White Plains is my home away from home.

• May 14, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Where do I start? Having previous stayed in a Cambria Suites hotel in midtown Manhattan, a hotel that was clean and modern. Upon arriving around 8 pm at Cambria Suites, White Plains, I thought I was in for the same. The second floor lobby and restaurant were spacious and modern. Walking to my room on an upper floor, I noticed a heavy chemical smell evocative of industrial air freshener and a general heaviness in the air. I could've dealt with the hall way heavy air and smell if my room was an oasis of clean, fresh air and calm. This was not to be. Entering my room I noticed that the air was stagnant and very hot. I called to the front desk who assured me there was central climate control. I searched high and low for it. Finally, a kindly engineer showed me the under window wall unit. Upon further inspection of the room, I found a shower littered with hairs and a bed with hairs under the covers. Immediately I notified the front desk. The ladies on duty were very gracious and offered me another room on a higher floor. Unfortunately, the second room was worse than the first. As soon as I walked in, I spotted a curly hair on the bar in front of the coffee machine. The houseman in attendance simply picked it up without sanitising the bar. Upon further inspection, the bathroom was twice as offensive as the first with an excessive littering of curly hairs pushed against the shower wall. Disgusting! I requested another room, but these were the two available. I returned to the first room and opted to have it cleaned. A full cleaning, including a change of the hairy sheets, did not happen until the next morning. That night I slept in my clothes on the couch instead of the bed. Did they change the sheets? I wonder since they were rumpled and hairy. Management acknowledged my predicament with a form letter and one breakfast voucher(for a multi night stay).

Self-contained hotel with on site bar, restaurant (reasonably priced, edible), and sundry/snack shop. Fitness center, in room microwaves, and other convenient amenities. Location-the hotel is situated between two shopping malls and surrounded by restaurants, shops, and professional service providers.

• April 14, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A bit pricey, but New York is, in general.

Great staff. Check in/check out was easy. The valet parking was quick. The restaurant in the lobby was delicious and the staff was friendly. The room was large and modern, which was a nice change from other hotels.

• March 21, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

took a while to check-in

check in was at 3PM i got there at 4-4:15pm and I had to wait 30mins to get a room which was annoying but thankfully it was a nice day and i sat outside on the rooftop and i was also given late checkout which was awesome!

• March 15, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

They charged me for 3 cars for valet parking and I only had one. They also charged me for using the bar twice and I was never at the bar. Also, the heat lamp did not work in the bathroom, it never came on and the room smelled of smoke as if someone had previously smoked in it.

Room was very clean, location great.Staff very courteous and helpful.

• February 15, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The Tv was not working it kept searching for signal which was really annoying and the room had a horrible odor for some reason kind of a wet mop smell that I ended up buying air freshener to cover the smell.

Bathroom was beautiful and spacious, the separation of the living and dinning area was a nice element as well.

• January 22, 2016

We only stayed one night but we loved the location among shops, fitness businesses, and other attractions; the friendly receptionist; the valet service just outside the door; the cleanliness and spaciousness and utility of the rooms -- separation of working and sleeping area, microwave and mini fridge in the working area; television in both areas; super comfortable bed and I want to buy the pillows; spaciousness and light marble ambiance of the second floor lobby and bar areas; cleanliness of the bathroom and spacious shower where the turn-on is on the wall in front of you when you walk in and not directly under the shower head so you can let the water warm up and don't get a cold spray when you start the shower. We didn't get the chance to sample the breakfast or bar but maybe next time. We would definitely stay again and recommend CAMBRIA hotel to others.

• November 23, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No bad experiences at all!

The hotel was new, beautiful and well-designed. Everyone, from the car attendant to the front desk staff to the restaurant wait staff, was helpful and very friendly. The room was comfortable and the bathroom made alot of sense!

• November 18, 2015

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A nice place to stay for every kind of people who is travelling for wethever reason. Very confortable indeed.microwave and coffy machine very helpfull

• November 1, 2015

Everything was great

Proximity to local stores for everything one might need. Only 27 minutes by train from Grand Central Convenient computers and printers available for resident use. Excursions to nearly Rockefeller National Park, bushland walks riding, and the amazing Union Church of the Pocantico Hills with stunning stained glass by Matisse and Chagall donated by the Rockefellers. The cost a small fraction of that in Manhattan hotels near Grand Central of Times Square

• October 4, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk folks and the parking attendant were very friendly and helpful. I forgot my phone in the car. No problem, someone went back to get it for me. Then I came back downstairs and said I forgot my laptop in the back seat, saying, "I hate to bother you guys." They said, it's not a bother." And I felt that they really meant that.

• September 27, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping started knocking on our door at 9am and continued for every 30 minutes until we checked out at 11am. Also, as we were leaving our room, housekeeping was asking for a tip. Her English was very broken, so I asked her to please repeat herself. Of course, it was confirmed. She was saying "Tips for me" continually and making the money symbol by rubbing her fingers together. I was appalled. In all my years of traveling, this has never happens.

Beautiful hotel. Very clean and stylish.

• September 20, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It's hard to find anything negative but if I had a complaint it was that my pillow was too soft.

This new hotel was conveniently located to so many restaurants and shops. The room was really up to date with a modern style to the bathroom with a nice large walk-in shower. The room was large, clean and extremely quiet, we never heard any noise from the hallway.

• September 17, 2015

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

- Safe was not working. Requested 3 times for someone to come repair. Nobody ever showed up. - nothing in the mini bar - not even a bottle of water.

Spacious rooms. Wonderful parking attendants. Nice lobby.

• August 4, 2015

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean, the sheets REAKED of sweat ... EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!! When we arrived it was almost 6am & too tired to complain... will never stay there again...

• July 28, 2015

Nothing !

The staff was very friendly and courteous. Our room was beyond what I thought. Best sleep I have had in a while in the bed we had. Loved the decor of the hotel and location to the bars was fabulous. I would definitely stay here again !

• July 28, 2015

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Valet was slow, breakfast was not free, and there was a terrible smell in the bathroom when we first checked in.

The room was a great size and very clean. Very comfortable.

• July 22, 2015

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting colleges in the area. The hotel is very comfortable. It is also walking distance to the train to Grand central station. We were in Manhattan within 30 minutes by train. It is close to shopping and restaurants.

• June 21, 2015

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No self park option; more frequent shuttle service to train station, etc. during peak hours -- perhaps every 30 minutes -- would be helpful; room design missed a few details such as inability to fully open closet door due to placement of second bed...

Attentive staff seemed focused on being helpful; reasonably priced (for greater NYC area!) breakfast buffet to help get the day started...

• June 3, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like was the $20 parking fee. Most hotels give this for free. That was pretty ridiculous.

The hotel was very modern and clean. It was in a good location and i probably would come back again.

• June 3, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

More of a city feel; underground valet parking; no breakfast included; didn't disclose parking fee until we got there; elevators a bit confusing

comfortable room; very contemporary design to hotel; sufficient for a one night stay

• June 2, 2015

No 24 hour room service, ends at 11pm

This hotel was absolutely perfect. Everything about it... the location,the amenities, the bathrooms are amazing! Its in the middle of everything, everything you will possibly need

• May 26, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can whole heartedly say that there was nothing to complain about.

The hotel in general is beautiful. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and professional.

• May 26, 2015

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

After much research and making reservations at other hotels, after I found Cambria I booked and cancelled the other ones immediately. Perfect location. Suite had everything I needed. Left early so did not try breakfast. Parking is one time charge of $20. Lots of restaurants and shopping. Will book again.

• May 19, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The desk staff was on their game, asking me for valet ticket and giving me restaurant info without me asking them. The wait staff at breakfast couldn't do enough for me even though it was buffet. My coffee was served and refilled continuously and my table was bussed without asking as dishes were no longer needed

• April 30, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had such a great stay at this hotel, we decided to stay an extra night, just because! The bar was not only beautiful and spacious, the food was ACTUALLY AFFORDABLE! They had free WiFi, the beds were cozy and the rooms were worth every penny. The staff was very accommodating, knowledgeable, funny, and always smiling! It's right in the middle of everything! It really was a pleasant and peaceful stay!

• April 28, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was clean, modern, and will equipped. The staff was helpful. Restaurant and bar in premises, and plenty of other food and beverage options for any meal within walking distance.

• April 14, 2015

That I had to leave!

This is my second time staying here! The service is impeccable! I'm a White Plains native so the location is ideal! I always get top notch service. I have to particularly commend Georgia for her great customer service skills! She goes above and beyond each time I've stayed there! She is truly on top of her game! And Charo at the bar, she was great!

• February 17, 2017

While experience

• February 15, 2017

No Complaints

EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO VISITING AGAIN!!

• January 24, 2017

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Entry and elevator use was awkward.

Bed was very comfortable. Great bathroom. Lots of space in the room

• January 23, 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very modern and spacious room.

• January 20, 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool and exercise room...fabulous!!!

• January 11, 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel restaurant does not do room service

Very comfortable room Professional and accommodating staff Beautiful lobby

• December 16, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff. Great location near restaurants, shopping and fun.

• December 5, 2016

Price per night

• November 25, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Seems very prestige and judge u if your not at that level

Nicely decorated and spacious

• November 20, 2016

Check out at 11

The room was very detailed and clean

• November 6, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower, comfortable bed, walking distance

• October 28, 2016

No complaints

Excellent staff.

• October 28, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very convenient! Friendly staff.

• October 23, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room exquisitely upgraded and comfortable

• September 29, 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Overall everything was good.

Great hotel, good location and friendly staff

• September 21, 2016

Bed was comfortable.

• September 21, 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean room, excellent staff, valet for the car were above expectation!

• September 8, 2016

No complimentary breakfast

No complimentary breakfast. Bummer

• September 5, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Price could be a lil better

very modern look and perfect location

• September 3, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Perfect place to stay!!! Staffs are amazing and facilities are nice and up to date

• August 9, 2016

If we could stay longer

Fantastic facilities, clean, sleek, modern and great services.

• August 9, 2016

Excellent service

• June 16, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean well kept hotel. Friendly staff.

• June 13, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A refreshing new boutique hotel in White Plains. This is not the usual business travel hotel. Great bed

• June 9, 2016

Room was very clean.

• June 8, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The noise from the ac unit on the roof .. We were on the 8 th floor and it was very loud

• May 31, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The service was excellent and the staff was great the location is near shopping and restaurants.

• May 29, 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Having to pay for parking 3 days.

• May 17, 2016

Proximity to our car.

Unique style of the rooms and lobby.

• May 17, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Incredibly friendly staff. Clean, comfortable accomodations. Terrific value for the money -- I will start looking for their hotels when I travel.

• May 15, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The view of the parking garage was less than ideal and the TV did not work

Clean, beautiful, loved the bathroom

• May 4, 2016

I couldn't stay longer

everything

• April 30, 2016

Comfortable bed. Liked the separate tv area. Location

• April 22, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My second time staying at this hotel. Would definitely return. Clean, great location and the bed was very comfortable!!!