Reviews of Lexington Inn at JFK Airport 2 stars

#101 of 116 hotels in Queens

6.2

6.2

• July 27, 2016

Everything beds was nasty, sheets with other peoples hair, the rugs nasty, lamps were broken n bulbs attached with tape, bathroom was nasty the toilet was with pee on sites and seat.

Nothing since i step in the elevator was nasty, filty.

• June 27, 2016

I am in a wheelchair and the elevator was down i had to walk up 5 flights when i can barely walk and carry a wheel chair i should have gotten comped for one free night im livid

Its got great breakfast and comfy bed

• June 5, 2016

• Family

My New York Vacay..... A few days after making this booking, I called the private tel. # to get the Hotel directly at 138-05 Jamaica Ave. in Queens.. When the phone was picked up, I was greeted by a male saying, "Yeah?" I asked, "Is this the Lexington Inn JFK?" Male Voice: "Yeah!" "Wait a minute, I'll put you through to (unclear words, fumbling sounds....?" I was then greeted by a person in Pennsylvania. I explained what happened and she was appalled. I was trying to find out if I could arrive at a later time. She was very helpful and said I had until midnight to check in. The bed pillows were too flat. They had to be folded to get any substance out of them. Their was a gap around the room door so that light showed through on 3 sides. In a fire, smoke could get in. Other than guests slamming doors in the middle of the night it was quiet. In answer to the question did your room have a stunning view? Our large picture window with the curtains hanging off the hooks, overlooked Jamaica Ave. and Van Wyck Expressway and the Gas Station across the street. Local people walked to and from the subway while cars and buses waited for pedestrians to cross at the lights. The subway station had a variety of people loitering outside and garbage strewn behind benches.. The next day a policeman was there, the men were gone but the garbage remained. Except for the rude reception I received on the phone the overall experience was all right for this price hotel in this location.

Bed was comfortable. An easy chair had been removed although there was a swivel desk chair (I suppose) in lieu of the missing one. Breakfast was good. Female staff helpful in giving directions!

• May 31, 2016

The maid's workroom was right outside our door. It banged from 6am on! The second night we moved and it was fine.

Breakfast was good. The staff was polite. Location was great

• May 27, 2016

Shower curtain in room was smelly giving us an uneasy feeling. The breakfast attendant needs to have cleaner clothes. Furniture shows its age.

The reception lady Nalini was friendly and helpful. Wi fi was steady and strong.

• May 17, 2016

Area is rough, hotel not the cleanest - smell of a smoking room in a non-smoking room

Location by Subway Station and cost per night, also, no fuss over late night check in

• April 4, 2016

The staff were helpful but not very friendly.

It was close to major shopping outlets and major bus stops/train station. The room was also clean and the bed comfortable.

• March 29, 2016

the breakfast was OK just that menu should change at least every other day.It would of been better if at least lunch or dinner were served

It was OK,i enjoyed my stay. The staff was very pleasant.it would

• March 18, 2016

The hotel charged my credit card before I reached, this was not the agreement. I paid in cash and I am yet to be refunded the credit card costs. The cost was higher than what booing.com told me when I booked.

Bed was very comfortable, room spacious but bath tub not working

• February 4, 2016

It took three tries to locate a room away from street noise and cigarette residue from prior guests. The room was adequate but had no working heater or hair dryer.

Once we agreed on the room that was suitable for my situation, the room was fine and adequate for the price.

• January 19, 2016

• Family

The Crew team is not very friendly. They were respectful but not Very friendly. Need to improve the cleaning of the hotel.

Very close to the airport.

• January 17, 2016

The hotel management is too poor. And they treated me very badly especially the manager Mr Kuaml. He kept me waiting for 2.30, I was so upset with him.I call the management in the morning of my check in to confirm my payment,which they did told me that they've receive my payment,only to me to get there around 10.pm and the manager said that I should present my I.d which I did,and they now demand for that credit card I use to make the payment,I told them that I made the booking with walmat debit card. Since I don't base in United States That I visited my sister that lives in Nashville Tennessee. But Mr Kumal refuse to put me in a room. I have to call booking.com because I did the booking through them,they spoke with Mr Kimmel and he still refuse. He said that if I want a room that I must make a new payment cash,I told him That I don't have any other cash with me, that I will leave the next morning back to my base. Then after 2.30 minute Mr Kumar now agree to put me in a room. I was starving because I left Nashville to New York around 3pm.

• January 5, 2016

The room had stains on the wall, and lamps were broken and not working. The man at the front desk was not friendly or welcoming. The bed didn't have a doona, only a single thin blanket and one sheet. Highly overpriced for what you receive.

I stayed here as a quick overnight visit as my flight departed from JFK the next morning. Was convenient to get to the airport.

• January 5, 2016

Limited choice breakfast!! Premade egg patties, sausage and some cereals.

Good location - Safe location , Close to E line direct train to NY Penn Station. Clean & quiet rooms.

• January 4, 2016

It's just two stars hotel and I paid $189 !! Can't believe it .. Even if it Jan 1st night !! $189 is over

It just a place to sleep ,when u have no other choice, let this hotel be at the end of the list

• October 29, 2015

The hotel is very noisy. A lot of noise from people in the building at night and the streets. Some earplugs work miracles.

Location is great for budget travelling. It is 25 minutes to Manhatten mid town.

• October 20, 2015

When you booking for someone else ,I paid for it yet the person checking in can't since they don't have the card information. ..they want you to fax a whole bunch of information just cause you paying for someone else

Very pleasant

• October 13, 2015

• Family

Breakfast choice was very limited, neighborhood can look a bit shady but all was okay for us

Close to E line, close to JFK (20$ metered taxi fare), good wifi, nice bed

• September 29, 2015

The staff some training to deal with guests. The rooms need a lot of renovation .the price is not applicable to this hotel

Near to tram station E line

• July 27, 2015

We needed to head out to the airport at 4:50, but the breakfast only arrives at around 6:00, so we couldn't get any. This could also be looked at as a positive point, since it means the breakfast's fresh.

• June 21, 2015

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

There was a smell of body odor that hits you as soon as you walk in. My boyfriend and II read reviews and luckily brought lysol wipes to wipe down every surface ourselves. The whirlpool tub was filthy and the bed sheets do have cigarette burns.

It was quiet and no one bothered you.

• June 9, 2015

The neighborhood is a bit scary, lot of noisy latino people, not very pleasant, would not like to walk outside after dark.

Hotel is in a good place close to the Jamaica station where the AirTrain from JFK airport connects to NYC subway and Long Island railroad. Good for one-night stay between flights.

• May 3, 2015

Because there rooms floor curtains glass bathroom reception breakfast area lift every where is dirty, because of that I never had breakfast one day never it's a total ripoff.

The whole place is dirty and smell of smoke.

• April 12, 2015

The staff are rude .. The room service ladies begged us for tip and me and my boyfriend had a little argument and they said they were going to call the police they didn't even warn us .

• April 10, 2015

They housed me the first night in a basement- located room which was quite cold despite turning on A/C at full gears.

The location beside a subway station

• April 9, 2015

since the hotel located near the hospital, the ambulance voices are all over the night.

the only thing i like is the closer location to both JFK & Laguardia. overall the hotel quality is like 2 stars and the location not very safe.

• April 9, 2015

would've been nice to have the extra towels and toothpast provided upon arrival as requested when my reservation was placed

I always have an overall good experience at this location. Comfortable bedding.

• March 27, 2015

Size of the rooms.

WE were travelling with a group of 23 teenagers, the staff was very friendly at the front desk, they even let us leave our luggage in one bedroom because we arrive early , the day we were leaveing they also allowed us to leave the luggage in one bedroom while we were to city to continue with our program, when we returned, they told us they had found an envelope with 900$ in one of the bedrooms we used. It belonged to one of the girls, she didn't even know she had lost that money. We were so lucky to stay in a hotel with such as honest people. Thank you so much. The breakfast is excellent, you can have not only coffe or juice but warm breakfast as well. I definiteviliy recommend this hotel

• March 16, 2015

I was in a non-smoking room, but several times throughout the night, the smell of cigarette smoke infiltrated the room. I planned ahead & brought my own air fresheners!

Not a luxury hotel, but decent enough. I was skeptical due to reviews I read. But stay was decent. Staff was friendly, & room & bathroom were clean. There were a few stains on linens, but nothing too alarming. Short walk to subway train.

• February 26, 2015

First when I walked in it had a weird smell, no channels were working, the blanket had some stains on it, sheets were ripped and last but not least the toilet seat was so dirty. I wish i could of got my money back but it was nonrefundable of course. I felt dusgusted the whole time i was there. Custumers services 0/10 :(

The only thing i liked was the location.

• June 19, 2016

Comfortable bed and accepted breakfast

• June 14, 2016

Parking really bad

• June 8, 2016

location, infrastructure.

reception staffs

• June 1, 2016

Area is a bit scary, especially at night

Nice staff, good price.

• May 31, 2016

The price was to high

Conviet,

• May 9, 2016

Smelly floors, broken jacuzzi, poor breakfast.

near airport

• April 26, 2016

Sirens howling at night.

Comfortable bed. Ample food establishments around the property.

• April 6, 2016

Smelly room, torn curtain, blanket, broken shower, broken lockdoor. Poor clean service. Unfriendly staffs

close to JFK airport

• March 20, 2016

difficute to contact the hotel in case I would to to make some requests and changes

the location is closed to E line subway station

• March 16, 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Such amenities were not working in the room.

• March 15, 2016

Blinds didn't fully close, and noise from outside at all hours of the morning could be easily heard.

Seemed clean enough

• February 23, 2016

TV.. could have been much clearer.

Love the mini fridge, bed and bathroom were very clean.

• January 14, 2016

rooms not always cleaned thoroughly

location particularly convenient for our personal needs. near family residences and synagogue. also near subway

• January 10, 2016

There were rats in the parking area

ubicación

• January 5, 2016

the room was not clean with poor arrangements

• November 1, 2015

It was all ok

Nice location very near to Airport and polite staff, value for money too

• October 29, 2015

Location and smell and light coming into He room

• October 27, 2015

• Family

The place was not neat . The rooms were too small , the place does need more staffs.

• September 14, 2015

• Family

the rooms were cramped and need urgent maintenance .

the position near the metro station

• September 13, 2015

The room was very moist! Not so clean in general..

Free parking.

• September 6, 2015

no ice bucket and in the basement

Staff and comfort of the room

• September 1, 2015

• Family

They are just for business

• August 27, 2015

Rooms too small

• July 13, 2015

Couldn't connect to the Internet

• July 9, 2015

Not enough towels you are limited on how much they will give you

• July 3, 2015

Location other than ease of getting on subway.

Closeness to E line

• June 17, 2015

None.

Location. Corridors carpets need change.

• June 14, 2015

• June 2, 2015

• Family

The parking isn't connivent and the noise.

Very affordable for last minute stay.

• April 20, 2015

• Family

broken furniture and full size bed they call it queen size. rooms are very small no space to even walk in between two beds.

• April 7, 2015

Everything nice place

• April 3, 2015

The elevator is really dirty.

Close to Jamaica Train Station

• March 31, 2015

Not enough parking and the breakfast hours are too early 6:30-9:30 am

Location....

• March 31, 2015

friendly stuf. clean enough. not so far.not so expensive

• March 29, 2015

Broken sheets, dirty tile, dirty tile

• March 22, 2015

• Family

No lounge chair in the rooms.

Good internet.

• March 8, 2015

someone used the elevator to smoke at 3@m.

friendly staffing

• February 3, 2015

In the bathroom, the shower was not working :( and the service was not kind.

• January 25, 2015

Nothing bad

Comfortable bed

• January 18, 2015

Not well cleaned..bed cloth and bluncket was uncomfortable and junk(so many hole)

• January 9, 2015

Housekeeping staff keep askingfor tips... I always give tips, but don't demand it from me. That's just lowering yourself.

Location and accessibility.

• November 1, 2014

• Family

Long subway ride into Manhattan... Can't complain a whole lot Since subway 6 minutes walk.

Very close to the subway which made it convenient to travel to the city. Staff was Very helpful.

• November 1, 2014

Street noise from Van Wyck express way, and sirens from the Jamaica hospital.

Ideal place as a first stop after arriving in the USA, especially if it your first time to the USA. Just a few blocks away from the AirTrain terminus (JFK Int'l Airport). Nice proximity to J line subway, and plenty stores in and around Jamaica, Queens. Staff very helpful, breakfast very good, and reliable wireless.

There are also 68 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.