Reviews of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - Novi 2 stars

21625 Haggerty Road, Novi, MI 48375, United States of America

#12 of 12 hotels in Novi

6.2

• August 22, 2016

The room wasn't clean: bedroom was not vacuumed, comforter had holes in it, the bathroom floor was dirty and there was a big spot of black mold over the shower and the ceiling over the shower was sagging.

The location was good.

• August 20, 2016

• Family

Didn't like thst pool was closed. Staff didn't say anything and no sign were posted thst it was closed

I like the room and set up like that fact there was a bedroom and living room. Good cable channels and like that there were 2 tv's

• August 17, 2016

Stayed there for a week, and not once was my room cleaned. Every day had to ask for new towels. Room and complete hotel very dirty. Quite disgusting actually. Will not return!! My first room still had urine on the toilet seat, and a used bar of soap in the shower. Made me want to puke!!!!

Not much outside of the friendly staff.

• August 15, 2016

No pool, lot of construction, tv in 1st room didn't work, microwave was missing, room was hot when we arrived and took some time to cool, could only find one ice machine that was working and that was on a different floor, breakfast was minimal at best.

• July 26, 2016

Dirty & had to change rooms because the toilet handle was broken. 2nd room still had trash in the waste basket and bathroom generally was clean except perimeter of the room at the edge and behind the door.

• July 15, 2016

AMAZING SERVICE! The woman who works night shifts took amazing care of me. Above and beyond. The hotel was good, but I will go back JUST because I enjoyed her service

• July 8, 2016

The bedding wouldnt stay on the bed due to both being worn out. The room had an odor that was not appealing. Nobody seemed like they enjoyed their job no smiles, no warm feeling it little things like a smile make people feel better.

Seemed like a good value

• July 5, 2016

The place could use a little better upkeep. The elevator was not totally clean and its rug was badly placed, the security latch in the room was busted, the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling and the toilet lid was not firmly tightened. There are only limited side-walks outside the hotel, for longer walks, and it is a busy street.

Comfortable bed, good TV, large room, within short driving distance of good shopping locations. Sight-seeing rabbits and squirrels from the adjoining woods was an added bonus. Good price value.

• June 27, 2016

• Family

3 room changes in 24 hrs. Need for repeated request for room key cards ( unclear of why they stopped working). Indicated not to be put near animals. One was put directly across from my room and one next door.

It was fair. Best thing and was a determining factor to book there was NO BUGS!!!!

• June 23, 2016

Your toilet seats need tightened much better

The late afternoon/Early evening front desk clerk is awesome. We have interacted with her on two separate stays and goes beyond making us welcome. Very nice person

• June 20, 2016

Staff, dirty, elevator didn't work and very poor service.

I was shocked....dirty, nothing worked, when I called to say the TV wouldn't work I was told by the man at the desk, he was busy and I would just have to deal with it.

• June 19, 2016

EVerything. Elevator didn't work. No sheets on beds. Had to make our own beds up at 11:00 at night. No bath towels in bathroom. No hot breakfast for the price. No housekeeping.

Nothing. IT was a nightmare

• June 16, 2016

• Family

The fire alarm / smoke detector went off randomly about 6 times during our stay. Luckily we weren't sleeping at the time but it still scared us. The lights were flashing in the hallways and throughout the building all morning, through breakfast, and even while we were checking out. The staff said they couldn't do anything about it but were very sorry. Room just didn't feel or look clean enough for my taste.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very accommodating and pleasant. Breakfast was a nice perk.

• Family

My double bed room was over booked, so they upgraded us to a suite. The suite only had one bed and a pullout couch. No sheets for it either. Smallest suite ever. I'd have rather had the room I originally booked. The suite wasn't so sweet. I asked the front desk for blankets and pillows, after an argument on the phone in some unknown language, a lady showed up at the room. She was not so pleasant and spoke zero English. We ended up with two thin sheets, no pillows and no blankets for the pullout.

• Family

The tub wouldn't hold water so I couldn't give my infant a bath. Also, it was hard to control the temperature in the room. The driveway was hard to spot unless you knew to look for it; we accidentally went to the neighboring lot first.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had requested a crib for my baby, and we ended up using a brand new one as the staff wasn't satisfied with the one they had. It was in a good location for where we wanted to go. Breakfast was included when I wasn't expecting it to be.

• May 17, 2016

Room and bed were dirty. Bed had strain and wasn't made when we arrived. Asked for someone to make bed twice and wasn't done. Had to turn bed over and make ourselves. Carpet had stains when we arrived. Bathroom floor had cracks in the tile.

• April 28, 2016

• Family

When we got into the room it smelled awful of smoke (these are non smoking rooms). The bathroom had clearly not been cleaned and I saw sparkles and throw up all over the toilet. The bed spread was pulled back and there was blood al over it. I was very disgusted with it. I was given a new room but I still felt uncomfortable and it to smelled of smoke. The bedding looks very old and dingy.

The lobby is nice and so was the staff. Good selection of things for breakfast.

• April 25, 2016

Satellite TV did not work, we didn't mind for the short time we stayed there. They offered to move us to another room, but we declined .

Room was clean and quiet. We were relocating out of state. We had a moving van, with our car on a trailer, a large truck to pull our RV, and a utility trailer. The staff was very accommodating in getting us parked, and giving us a room with a view of our vehicles.

• April 21, 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was extremely dirty. Carpet. Walls. Nasty. Room was huge. Hallway carpets looked horrible. There were stains on carpet and walls were stained with what looked like coffee and other dark nasty substances on walls. Will not recomend or be back.

• April 2, 2016

No TV channels for the first 2 days. My daughter's room had dirt in the bathtub. The breakfast wasn't a complete hot breakfast - even on the weekend, Would not stay here again.

The location was great.

• March 6, 2016

* No one at check-in desk for 5 to 10 minutes after I arrived, along with no bell or ringer I could use to let staff know I was there. I had to wait in the lobby until someone came to the desk. To be fair, she was apologetic. * A few hours after arrival, the person who checked me in attempted to enter my room for a minor housekeeping chore without knocking first; she apologized, but claimed she didn't know the room was occupied. I expect lobby staff would check room status, & knock if the room had an occupant, before trying to enter. * Within 10 minutes of the above, another staff member again attempted entry without knocking, for the exact same chore that had just been performed. No coordination among staff. * Bathroom sink had slow leak underneath it.

Room was clean. No excessive noise from other guests or outside.

• December 6, 2015

Everything else. No pool. Breakfast not till 7am. Room was disgusting. Head board fell off the wall. None of the lights worked. Door had clearly been scratched up by an animal

Price

• November 24, 2015

Older TV sets. Pool under maintenance but I was not going to use it anyways.

Near the Sheraton where we were attending a wedding. Cost a lot less. From what I heard the rooms were better than the Sheraton.

• November 17, 2015

Toilet didn't want to flush, none of the outlets in the bathroom worked. There was some sort of class going on in the lobby with a lot of foreigners that were studying, then the instructor came in and was giving them directions in another language. This was all happening while we were trying to eat our breakfast. No chairs or tables available for us to have our breakfast and clearly we were disturbing them by even being there.

The motel was clean.

• October 29, 2015

You all should offer a bigger selection for breakfast.

The friendliness of the staff, the overall cleanness of the facility , the location and the price.

• September 27, 2015

Was a non smoking facility, but smoke was pouring out from under doors on our floor. The hallway reeked by certain rooms.

Clean, quiet, updated and good location.

• September 23, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

NOTHING is maintained. Weeds n long grass, slow elevator, pool out of service, bathroom fan doesn't work, vending machine says "use exact change" & still doesn't work, lobby bathrooms are disgusting, breakfast bacon was cardboard, coffee was ok, no milk or OJ, fold-out bed was broken down & extremely uncomfortable.

Location Was excellent, Staff is friendly.

• August 26, 2015

The only bad thing was no air conditioning on first couple floors. Also lobby smelled like curry food.

The hotel was very reasonable in price. Our room and bathroom clean. Front desk polite courteous.

• August 11, 2015

• Family

It was a very average, dated looking hotel. The pool was unusable, the room was 90's looking with a dinosaur tv, and the breakfast was very average.

Liked the location.

• July 18, 2015

No hot water, spotty wifi service. When mentioned to front desk, they said too many people were trying to get on . Don't think that is a guest problem.

• July 14, 2015

• Family

I drove 3 hrs to find out your facility had no hot water. Not any attempt on your companies part to notify us. Clerk said " oh SORRY"

• June 9, 2015

The air didn't work and breakfast was awful!

The food tasted old. There were no waffles or pancakes, the eggs were rubbery, and the bacon was very greasy and had a funny taste.

• June 3, 2015

It took 4 times going back to the front desk in order to get our room key to work. Finally desk clerk tried & ended up giving us a different room. Bedding was stained.. Suggest adding waffle maker to breakfast options.

Overall the accommodations met our need.

• May 26, 2015

• Family

The pool was out and no notification when we booked the room. Had a group of volleyball girls wanting to swin. The breakfast selection was very pour. Ended up taking our group out for breakfast. I don't recommend this hotel for the cost you pay.

The beds were comfortable.

• August 21, 2016

Bed and wifi

Flat screen tv

• August 18, 2016

There were no bath towels in the room so we had to go down to desk to ask for some.

• August 8, 2016

Good waffles

• July 26, 2016

The bugs, the very poor breakfast. Even the coffee was bad.

The front desk staff was nice

• July 23, 2016

Housekeeping terrible- the hotel just has a dirty feel to it

• July 11, 2016

Large stain on the carpet

My room was pretty quiet

• July 10, 2016

Loose toilet seats. Both stays and are very hazardous

Evening desk person is fantastic.

• July 5, 2016

Rooms

• June 1, 2016

Bathroom had not been cleaned which gave suspect to rest of room Hot breakfast was all carbs

• May 11, 2016

Room very clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast choices good. I enjoyed my stay, and felt very safe.

• April 24, 2016

• Family

The bathroom was dirty and there was no guide on the restaurants in the area for who delivered.

• April 19, 2016

• Family

The breakfast could ave been better. There wasn't a variety and was a disappointment.

The hotel was clean. we appreciate it.

• April 17, 2016

Dirty

Not much

• March 23, 2016

Pillow too soft

Close to home reasonable rate

• December 18, 2015

Bedding dirty

Quite

• December 13, 2015

• Family

The rooms were not in acceptable condition.

The staff was helpful.

• December 13, 2015

Stains on floor and coffee maker Toilet flush making noise

Worth of price

• November 23, 2015

Carpet had spots all over it. TV was like 1000 years old.

• November 10, 2015

Pool was closed for maintenance.

Very nice and clean room.

• October 25, 2015

there is no electrocity for coffee machine and hair dryer

clean warm and worthy

• October 21, 2015

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

missing vending machines on all floors but main.

very polite, courteous staff

• October 4, 2015

No vending machine on the upper floor, no ice machine,

Very quiet

• October 1, 2015

Pool and fitness room were not available. Selection of channels on TV was horrible

Staff was helpful and friendly

• September 28, 2015

The breakfast was poor and the overall hotel seemed run down.

The staff were friendly.

• September 23, 2015

Ice on ground floor only

Location for our stay was perfect and very easy to find

• August 23, 2015

Fourth floor has no ice maker.

Quick check in and check out.

• August 13, 2015

Location wasn't all that

Comfortable

• August 8, 2015

The Property was dirty and the pool and spa was not working even though it was advertised. The carpet was soiled and the drapery was dirty

Price

Nice staff, good area

• June 7, 2015

No maid service.

• May 7, 2015

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.