Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove 3 stars

2111 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA

#2 of 6 hotels in Downers Grove

• 24 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

nothing needs to be improved!!

of course the bed was comfy, the front desk was outstanding. Linda G. was extremely kind and helpful, checking out Sharon Crites wrote out perfect directions to I-65--far better than my GPS, I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• 7 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Nickel and dime you because we booked through booking.com. I'm a Hilton Honors and I won't get points because I booked through here. The TV in room didn't work. My son made a 2 min local call and they charged $5.99. He made another call and hung up before anyone answered and we got charged another $5.99!! Unbelievable. Not impressed with this Double Tree at all at least in Hampton Inn we get free breakfast.

Bed was comfortable

• 8 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Had to call each night for additional towels. Registered 3 people and every day received 2 towels. Also couldn't use the fitness, closed it and the pool on a holiday weekend. And when it was opened I needed to get a pass from the front desk. Absurd!!!! This should be stated on the website.

Room set up

• 23 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I was not aware, but as it turns out WiFi was extra, but when I called the "CareLine/Front Desk" to inquire, they didn't even offer it was an option for me. She just said, "it doesn't come with your room." She offered no explanation how I could get it. She was curt and short with me. I asked if there was a way I could add it to my room, and then she explained but was very brief. I ended up with no WiFi which made my stay very difficult. Also, on another call to the front desk to inquire if I could get a late check-out (I only needed 1 hour), I was met with the same curt reply, "Nope. We are full." Even thought 95% of those in my class were getting later check outs, it was not allowed in my case. The remainder of the hotel staff were extremely kind and courteous, and the facilities were very comfortable and clean.

The facilities were very comfortable and clean.

• 22 December 2015

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The fire alarms went off ,we were never called to say leave/evactate the building.We went there to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I was not happy I booked a King size bed we were put in a Queen size bed. I will not go there again

• 3 September 2015

nothing really

while I was there ambience was peacefull, rooms very good size and compfy beds. The staff were also good, when i asked for a local Starbucks I was even offered if i needed a lift - very good

• 28 April 2015

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Only had paid Wi-Fi at$9.95 per day. Sucks for travellers looking for local restaurants, shopping or entertainment. Parking was not ideal. Due to 2 weddings at the hotel we had too park in the farthest lot. Not cool after a day of sight seeing with a 1 year old.

The room was beautiful. Excellent value for what we paid.Management was visible and handled problems efficiently and quickly.

• 8 April 2015

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Stayed on Sunday April 5, 2015. Requested for a 5:00 am wake up call and did not receive the wake up call. Spoke with Front Desk, she was very adamant that wake up call was programmed. Left the property at 7 am rather than 5:45 am, and missed our connecting flight. In lieu of this, Front Desk gave a free wire-less password when in reality the wire-less that should have been complimentary for staying there was not even working at night.

Location was ideal. No obligation reservation was the best.

• 23 January 2015

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

No free wifi. No free breakfast. A lot of noise coming the the hallway. Kids running all over. Small pool and hot tub. Workout center not located in hotel.

Location was good. Room was nice. Bed was comfortable.

• 8 January 2017

N/a

Very accommodating. Everything you need at a single call.

• 6 December 2016

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

Delicious warm cookies on arrival. Very helpful staff. Wonderful shuttle, gym and great room.

• 21 September 2016

Breakfast buffet

The rooms, pool.

• 11 August 2016

No complimentary hot breakfast

The hotel is beautiful

• 12 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

Like the way they use to have the Buffet Breakfast years ago

Very pleasant

• 7 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The staff was very friendly and accommadating !

• 4 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

There was nothing I didn't like.

The room very good size and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• 28 June 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I REALLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT THE HOTEL....👍👍👍👍

• 31 May 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I

• 31 May 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The bed could have been more comfortable.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The property was clean and the staff was friendly and accomaditing.

• 14 February 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Poor accommodations and the staff failed to address My issues in a timely matter

• 22 September 2015

• Executive Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Stop serving breakfast. Even the coffee was bad. Not to mention the potatoes, eggs and pastries. So terrible!

• 4 June 2015

Nothing comes to mind.

Great location, we traveled there to drop off our daughter at Midwestern.

• 4 April 2015

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The heating makes a lot of noise. Had to turn it off to be able to sleep.

• 12 December 2014

• Family

Not enough towels for the amount of people that were allowed in the suite. Extra blankets for the let out bed.

The layout of the room, cleanliness, location and the cookies.

• 4 September 2014

This hotel used to be a posh hotel, but now it is not in favor. I thing, rich people do not come to this hotel anymore, so the prizes went down. In this case, personal do not look after hotel's facilities any more. Everything in the room does not work properly. Everything needs to be repaired. Secondly, if you book your room via booking.com, you will not have free breakfast and wifi in your room will be very expensive. Hotel does have a restaurant, but I believe, it's very expensive. There is nothing around hotel, where it is possible to eat. It is necessary to drive if you need a dinner.

Large rooms. Clean. Good noise insulation. Good neighborhood.

• 10 July 2014

Operator did not answer the phone from the room. From now on only hotels with free Wi Fi. Charge 8,95 per night per device...really ? Buffet breakfast was cold and stale.

Comfortable bed and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean.

• 9 July 2014

• Family

Front desk staff was not very welcoming or helpful. At check -in, we were not even told how to get to our room, where the elevators were, where to park, nothing. Also, while our room appeared clean at first glance, behind the bathroom door was grungy.

Facility in general appeared clean and well-kept. Room furnishings were in good condition and up to date. Bed was comfortable.

• 24 June 2014

• Family

Many maintenance and upkeep related issues in our rooms. Leaky, loose faucets, noisy air conditioning, and stained carpeting.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable.

• 16 January 2015

• Family

That there were no accommodations for pets, so my fiancé had to drive into Rockford with her dog and stay with family instead.

• 2 December 2014

No free WiFi.....no breakfast included

Location was great especially for shopping and entertainment

• 12 November 2014

The room and amenities, cable TV selections, room and bed. Loved the separate living room with couch

• 15 October 2014

No free internet access in the room.

Nice localisation, comfortable and clean room.

• 15 October 2014

Thefacility was very clean and the staff was very hospitable.

• 9 October 2014

Breakfast not included Internet not included

Got a chocolate cookie Lively bar Massive rooms

• 12 August 2014

Having to checkout....!!!

Choc. chip cookies when we checked in ..... nice touch.....Room was perfect and we loved it....!!!!

• 1 July 2014

• Family

The breakfast / brunch experience was fantastic!

• 27 May 2014

The space in the room

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.