Reviews of River Chase Inn 2 stars

2015 Military Road , Columbus, MS 39701, United States of America

#9 of 12 hotels in Columbus

6.1

• November 17, 2015

The tub floor was busted and just patched over. felt like it was gonna fall through. Room 108. The juice at breakfast was gross; both apple and orange. Key card messed up twice and it was kept away from things that mess them up.

very comfortable bed and breakfast was great but the juice was disgusting

• September 20, 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was nasty. The pull out couch was TERRIBLE!! The sheets were dirty! No shower and no one told us that! A Very Old Place! Really Needs Updating, cleaning and lots more!! I Was VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

The lady that checked us in was kinda nice. I realize it was late but we couldnt help that.

• September 15, 2015

Was expecting a full breakfast already prepared. (bacon,eggs,etc.)Not a breakfast I would have to prepare. Had some issues getting the tv to work.

Decent location..Nice and Quiet. Staff extremely friendly...

• August 12, 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were horrid. But I guess you get what you pay for! The refrigerator didn't work. The 2 pillows on the bed were like 14"×14", comical actually. The front desk was not happy to pass out more towels, after we swam. "She would get in trouble if we didn't bring the used towels back..." believe me those towels are not worth stealing. The breakfast was nadty. Gravy had a sour taste. Eggs, no flavor, bacon was Ok. The juices, ha, those were so watered down it was horrible! 1st to stay and last time to stay

I enjoyed the pool.

• January 2, 2017

Mold on shower curtain, sleeper sofa was falling in. Shower was not really clean

Nice soft bed, great customer service..

• December 5, 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms dirty, dirty dirty! Booking process suggested that this motel had rooms for the period of our proposed stay.

• December 1, 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The manager was wonderful!

• September 16, 2015

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of mildew is so strong ... The place is a dump .. Needs to be remodeled bad.

• September 12, 2015

• King Room - Smoking

Pool never opened at 10:00 am as posted on sign

Pool

• July 24, 2015

The pool was not clean very nasty

The room was great

• April 21, 2015

• Family

Carpet needs cleaning. Finish the upgrade. Bed had a hazard. Frame sticking out in a couple areas.

Good location for what we needed.

• April 21, 2015

The bed was very uncomfortable and we did not rest well.

Staff was friendly and accomodating

• December 3, 2014

Needs a bit of updating, but looks like they are working to refurbish the motel

Very comfortable bed Good hot breakfast Front desk staff friendly and helpful Room was clean

• November 26, 2014

• Family

It was DISGUSTING!! Black mold all over shower, toilet didn't flush, vanity cracked and I requested a NO SMOKING ROOM!! DID I GET ONE, NO!! Reeked of smoke!! They had the never of trying to charge me $89.00 a room! (Reserved 2). Its so run down it should be closed!!

• November 20, 2014

I booked my two day stay well in advance of my stay using Booking.com who advertise "your credit card will not be charged before your stay." River Chase charged my card one nights stay a month in advance (unknown till my card statement arrived). They also charged me for both nights at check out. I have called repeatedly and to date have been unable to get a refund for the extra night charge.

• November 12, 2014

• Family

Filthy hotel with bugs in the bathroom, thin little pillows, cable was out and faucets that weren't attached to the counter. Staff was friendly but inefficient.

That I got to check out early.

• November 11, 2014

• Family

It says handicap but it's not. To small not a wheelchair accessible if person in a wheelchair. No rails to hold on to get up and down with by the toilet And no rails to get in and out of the tub with. Not many outlets if a person have to do work while traveling.

The lady at the front desk was nice.

• November 4, 2014

the tv halfway worked and half the lights in the room didn't work, the vending machine was out of drinks. pretty much I wont stay there again

only good thing was it was close to town cause everything else was awful there

• August 17, 2014

The neighbors was loud and childish... they was knocking on the door and when I went to it wasn't nobody there.

Water was very hot... nothing better than a hot shower

• July 29, 2014

The carpet in the room was dark. I wish there were tile in these rooms so as to verify the cleanliness of the floor. The light outlet plugs were on the floor, making it hard to plug in a camera/phone, although the outlets above the sink could be used.The staircase surrounding the building and the deck of the staircase needed a good washing down. Every day they need to wash it to take away the stains of soda spilled and dust & dirt. The lights on the back staircase did not work. One of the lights in the breakfast room was not working making the area look unkempt. The place was adequate considering the price of the room.

The bed was firm and very comfortable. The breakfast was limited but acceptable. I had the cereal, juice and apple. Also available was toast, pancakes, and small muffins. The location was excellent, accessible easily from the highway and quiet. The front desk people were very helpful and courteous.

• July 23, 2014

When I spoke to someone on the phone about having to cancel my reservation, she took the information, canceled my reservation and hung up on me without saying thank you, or have a nice day. Very short and rude.

• July 19, 2014

There is a minimum of 15 SOLID complaints about the River Chase Inn...and this was our 2nd stay at this motel. After our 1st visit in May, we expected better than this, but we will not use this motel again. Here is what we DIDN"T like about this booking: 1st: This was a 2 night stay. After being on the road for more than 9 h ours, we arrived very tired and weary. The desk clerk at our check-in was rude & unfriendly, barely even acknowledged our presence with a glance in our direction. She did not greet us -- we greeted her! She did not welcome us or even speak to us when she handed us the room key. SHE SHOULD BE FIRED. 2nd: When we booked online, we requested a poolside room OR a quiet 1st floor room AWAY from noisy guests (to accommodate senior citizens). The room she assigned to us was poolside HOWEVER, the pool was not available for use. No information was not provided during booking, nor at check-in that the pool was NOT in service due to repairs being made (no work was done during our visit). When I mentioned our request tot he desk clerk at check-in, the desk clerk responded curtly with "I gave you a first floor room". Those were her only words. She never told us that the pool was not in service! Who cares about a poolside room in July if the pool is not even in service ??? Additionally, there was constant noise and traffic outside our room all during the night which interferred with our sleep. 3rd: The room keys (cards) did not work well and required MANY attempts to get the door open. It had to be kicked or pushed hard to even open once the unlock green light came on. 4th: The microwave in our room did NOT work. 5th: We booked for 4 adults and were only provided with 3 bath towels 2 washcloths, and 1 hand towel. 6th: There was only 1 bar of soap provided which had to be shared between bath & shower for 2 full days.

Mainly, the location was convenient Next, the AC unit, refrigerator, hair dryer & iron all worked well Last,the hot breakfast was decent, although not the best.

• July 17, 2014

the pool closed in July in ms.??? My lady dindn't like that none!! should be taken out of the price,or complemented somehow! it's not like i'm not a frequent customer!

comfortable bed

• July 1, 2014

I had someone bang on my door in the middle of the night. Which, for a solo female traveler, is never a pleasant experience. Especially when you have been asleep. The lock on the top of the door that you flip over that is supposed to be a security feature had 2 screws missing. It was very difficult to get the latch to come undone if it was used.

• June 26, 2014

Location, AC unit was obnoxiously loud, walls seem paper thin as you can hear everything that goes on in rooms next to you and outside, room looked clean but still had nasty feel to it. I couldn't sleep because the AC unit was so loud...stay here only as a last resort.

Woman at front desk was attractive

• June 24, 2014

• Family

Cigarettes everywhere! If you enjoy sleeping in an ash tray you will love this hotel. Our non smoking room reeked of cig smoke. Our room was close to the pool so everyone came to the pool to smoke. Staff members stood by hotel doors to smoke. The ice machine was broken. The breakfast was poor. Old, broken waffle iron. We were to stay for 3 nights. The smoke was so bad we cancelled after the first night. We moved across the highway to The Wingate Inn which was fabulous!!! 1

• June 23, 2014

ROOMS WERE VERY DIRTY ,WE COMPLAINED TO MANAGER TO NO AVAIL . when they cqame in to clean the rooms . all they did was make the beds carpet was dirty when we checked in and still dirty when we left. will never stay there again.

NOTHING

• June 2, 2014

The carpet needs cleaning and apparently there is a gap in the outside door which make me hear everything.However, after 10pm everything was quiet.

The location was good and the staff at the front desk were very nice.

• May 27, 2014

• Family

Staff were polite, but slow to accommodate for lack of usual hotel/motel /inn amenities e.g. extra towels. The lobby of Inn was inviting but once you go to your room the physical condition of Inn was not very appealing. Although rooms were non-smoking there were a lot of smokers (including staff) that threw cigarette butts everywhere. Outside of rooms, the balconies, stairways and corridors were very dirty, could use a good power wash, that would make the inn look more appealing. When entering the room, you expect to see some type of insects to be crawling around, but we didn't see any thank goodness! Carpets in most rooms were stained as there was a group of us in different rooms and all were the same. The decor was a little out-dated, but with a little extra cleaning of walls, floors and upholstery and a fresh coat of paint, the interiors would be more appealing for a new comer to want to return. In some rooms either the AC or microwave didn't work. Ran out of fresh towels (some of those had stains) had to use poolside towels (ones with stripe down the middle). The rooms were not refreshed as most hotels do if you stay more than 1 day. Trash was not emptied. Inn was full due to community events, so you had no choice but to accept certain discomforts. The only reason I would recommend is if you're on a budget and couldn't afford anything more. You get what you pay for.... DeeB---Chicago

Right off highway so location was good. Breakfast ok, but no meats. Beds & pillows comfy. Bath/shower small but served it's purpose. There was a problem in one room so the person on staff tried to accommodate but did not compensate for discomfort as the Inn was full due to community events; so you had no choice but to accept certain discomforts.

• May 21, 2014

• Family

Small pillows. Why is it when you know that four people are staying in one room why do you only put two towels?

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Service was great. Breakfast area was clean and well stocked.

• May 20, 2014

Cobwebs on curtains and ceilings. Wide gap under door to the outside (outside entrances). Stained carpet in the room. (same in the lobby) One of the two bath towels in the room was so stained and worn it was more gray than white. (that's the one I used to block the gap under the door). A good cleaning and some new linens would go a long way for this property.

Location was convenient off and onto the freeway.

• May 6, 2014

Only had one towel no bath mat no replacement of soap shampoo informed staff at check out and I will tell mgr was response they really didn't seem to care

• April 28, 2014

• Family

Microwave was ancient - bag of popcorn took 8 minutes to fully pop at four 2-minute increments. No one at front desk at check-out in late morning. One of three exercise machines did not work. Breakfast attendant allowed some items to run out before re-filling.

Very reasonable price. Comfortable room & beds. Convenient location. Wi-fi worked fine. Breakfast selections were more than continental.

• April 24, 2014

Only downside was that walls were a little thiner in that I could here the next door room slightly but that was only one night. The other room could have been a little louder than normal but still a great deal.

I liked everything. The breakfast was amazing for the price. I was nervous because of previous experiences with lower priced hotels but this was a gem. Resturants and small mall nearby. Right off the highway. I will be back again! Ac worked great and hot water for showers. Comfortable pillows and bed.

• March 9, 2014

the cleaning girls need to wait until check out time to try coming in the room to clean

location,convinent,comfortable,the girl that checks me in super nice even while training someone else.

• February 21, 2014

I did not like the location. I was approached at the hotel by someone wanting to sell me drugs. Maybe a security guard to help against that.

The room was comfortable. The shower was nice. The room was clean.

• January 21, 2014

I liked everything. Will stay there again.

The room was clean, the breakfast was decent and I liked that they have a fitness room with a TV. The lobby includes a business center and the staff was super courteous. As it is Columbus, Mississippi, I found this hotel to be a real pleasant stay.

• November 29, 2014

• Family

No towels in the room and room was ok

It had a bed to sleep in

• November 28, 2014

This room was filthy! Old food on the floor, sheet were dirty. Yuck

• November 25, 2014

Room was very warm and was hard to cool down.

Slept well.

• November 20, 2014

poot wi fi

The staff the best

• November 5, 2014

Cable was out. Bathtub needed cleaning. Only de-caf with coffee pot. No free shampoo.

Location and price

• November 3, 2014

The quality of services

• October 24, 2014

• Family

Great staff. Housekeeping awesome !

• October 9, 2014

Nats all in the room.

• October 2, 2014

The telephone didn't work in my room

It was quiet

• September 5, 2014

The motel needs to be completely redone. The City of Columbus should shut it down.

Picture on the wall.

• September 5, 2014

• Family

One side of the parking lot had no lights it was dark

• September 4, 2014

• Family

Needs renovation interior/exterior. The rest room was pretty small with large tub.

Cost efficient.

• August 12, 2014

• Family

The area the hotel is located in.

I LOVE the beds. They were very cozy and comfortable.

• June 30, 2014

• Family

They didn't have my reservations in the system thank God they had a room available after she told me they were booked in the beginning

• June 2, 2014

• Family

I am a frugal spender and I got a great room for the money. Will definitely book a room there when I go to Columbus.

• May 9, 2014

I really liked the service from the desk clerk.

• April 15, 2014

Location and needed a "face lift."

Clean linens and staff was very nice.

• April 6, 2014

i had to call the desk at 9;00 a.m. to verify check out time!housekeeping was comming in my room,woke me up!

the lady that checked me in,verry nice.

• March 25, 2014

• Family

Great stay for the price

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.