Reviews of Hotel Mimosa 2 stars

79 Division Street, Chinatown, New York City, NY 10002, United States of America

#400 of 409 hotels in New York City

6.1

5.9

6.1

• August 8, 2016

• Queen Room

The rooms could have been a little bit cleaner, the blanket and sheets had some stains and it didn't look like it was washed properly.

The location is perfect. It's less than 5 minutes walk from the subway and close from everything you need in terms of restaurants, convenience stores and food stores. One of the staff working there was nicer than other, very friendly and helpful.

• July 31, 2016

• Queen Room

The cleaning wasnt that great, I was finding bit of dirty on my bed even after the clean just cleaned it and the bath was just cleaned very quickly. The Wifi was all right but could be upgraded to have a normal internet if needed to be used for more than checking emails. The room in the picture was big a spacious but what I had was something that I couldnt even fit my luggage in it. The luggage storage was a bit odd, the door didnt even lock so I wasnt sure to find my luggage after I left. Quality and Price is not right, it should be cheaper for the location and it offers.

The location was pretty good, close to mostly metro and bus I had to take to see stuff around. The noise of the bridge was not that loud and the room had an AC ( not window one ) which kept the room at a right temperature. Staff was helpful and they helped me when needed.

• July 27, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The neighborhood didn't feel like a good neighborhood. The staff didn't seem to care. The bathroom tiles were broken.

It was the cheapest room we could find at the last minute.

• June 30, 2016

• Queen Room

The rooms are not updated. Customer service was horrible.

This is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at and over priced. The door didn't lock . We never received a key to get in and out, someone had to always let us in and out . The air conditioner didn't work. The rooms were so small that when you opened the door to the room , the bed was right there and you had to walk sideways just to get around it. There was nowhere to put our luggage. The front desk never answered the phone. You literally had to go down stairs and ask them why are they not answering the phone. They always make up an excuse.

• June 27, 2016

• Queen Room

Customer service! They helped our taxi driver get there in the middle of the night, and ordered us a cheap taxi for the way back to the airport at 5 a.m. The best part was that the walls were thick enough to block out the neighbor's noise, and the windows blocked out the street noise. The train was so close, but you can't tell if you have the t.v. on. There is no praising the service highly enough.

• June 23, 2016

• Queen Room

It was not clean enough. An smell to smoke over the room. I could not sleep because there was a lot of noise from other rooms and look like they were doing some maintenance works over night. I felt very insecure in that area.

I liked it was only one night.

• June 21, 2016

• Queen Room

Great location. Expect to wake up in China that's part of the beauty. Chinatown is a great location to stay in NYC. Super nice staff. Comfortable bed takes up the whole room. Big clean bath. I WILL stay at the Mayor Hotel again.

• June 8, 2016

• Queen Room

Hotel was clean but nothing fancy was only a place to lie at night as we were out all day and night

In the heart of China Town great for allmodes of transport

• June 3, 2016

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

This hotel delivers what is advertised. Only a couple minutes walk from parking, subway, little Italy, and surrounded by Chinatown.

Great place for a short stay. Desk staff were helpful and courteous. We were able to store bags before checking in, and also after checking out, enabling us to easily travel through the city. Small, but very clean and comfortable room.

• June 3, 2016

Rooms were a bit small.

Small but comfy rooms ideal for short stay for a single person near Downtown area. Free Wifi. Really nice, helpful and accommodating staff.

• May 26, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

We didn't feel too confident eating in the restaurants surrounding the hotel so we did have to walk quite far to get dinner

The location of the hotel was okay, within good walking distance of the subway which will take you into the city centre.

• May 25, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

It's very close to the manhattan bridge and when the metro/train cross next to the hotel you hear it and feel it. if you're jet lagging and just close the window you will not notice it, If you're the type that HAVE to keep the window open.. find a different hotel.

Cool little friendly hotel. cheap, basic but with all the little things that you need for a short visit in NY. me and my wife enjoyed every minute in this hotel and around it. price wise its one of the best options in Manhattan. There are two great place to eat 2 minutes walk from the hotel a cool museum and north to the hotel there's this street with young students designer clothes and pizza bar (that is a pizza with a bar in the back.. how cool is that?). if you're young at heart and want to have a taste of old school manhattan experience, this is a great choice.

• April 30, 2016

• Queen Room

The bed was uncomfortable after the first night of 6. The room was also a lot smaller than initially expected. Ensure to take ear plugs if you are a light sleeper being a stones throw away from Manhattan Bridge, remember you are in New York City though :)

My girlfriend and I liked the location in the heart of China Town, the staff extremely pleasant and hold luggage on the day you leave if you have an evening flight home and want to explore on the last day. Good value for money. The wifi was free and excellent throughout the stay. Subway stops nearby to get uptown quickly.

• April 28, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

There is a Manhattan Bridge opposite the window in our room (about 50 metres). So it's very noisy, if open the window. And it's very warm and stuffy, if close the window.

Quality/cost balance

• April 26, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

No hot water after running it for 5 minutes straight in the morning for my shower :( Also the elevator wasn't working when I was checking out so they had to come to the fifth floor to get my bags to carry down.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. They made the stay the better part.

• April 19, 2016

• Queen Room

Rooms were very small. There was barely enough space for two people to maneuver around the room since the bed encompassed 95% of the room

The location around the hotel was very dirty but I did like that it was very close to the subway which was very convenient.

• April 19, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The bed was extremely firm, the towels and fixtures had seen better days, and hot water takes forever to begin to flow.

Great price for a central location in Chinatown

• March 23, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The bathroom was moldy and had no fan. We had dirty towels, floors, and bed sheets. The Windows do not open and people smoked near so our room filled with smoke which was very uncomfortable.

The location was excellent and close to great shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• March 4, 2016

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Location is great, but the facility could have been better. Heat was down and the room was freezing when I stayed. I had to cuddle with friends to get through the night so it was little rough.

• January 23, 2016

• Queen Room

The entire facility is non-smoking. I get it, for those who do not smoke, but taking an elevator ride five floors down and five floors up to smoke a cigarette seems ridiculous to me. If I had known I would have booked elsewhere.

The staff was very friendly and the location was great. Both WI-FI and cable worked perfectly.

• January 3, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

dirty,old, the whole floor and the room smells weed, even in the room and its a non smoking hotel, bed dirty everything in the room was old dirty and broken

• December 22, 2015

• Queen Room

If you like to watch TV, pass on this hotel. The TV stations were analog, and every channel was fuzzy. The only watchable channel was NBC, and it was fuzzy as well.

The staff was friendly, good location, room was clean.

• December 15, 2015

• Queen Room

hard bed, sheets weren't completely clean but the room and bathroom were.

Safe area. Extremely friendly staff. Private bathroom in the room. Authentic, affordable Chinese food everywhere!

• December 14, 2015

The room cost is higher in nyc, for this hotel it is accpetable.

The location is great, center of Chinatown. A fews minutes walk can get to shops and restaurants.

• December 7, 2015

• Queen Room

Our room was too small, but comfortable.

Staff was very, very friendly and helpful, all was very clean, comfortable beds, clean bathroom, 4 subway stations at walking distance, excellent for the price.

• November 17, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

Next to the subway line so very loud. Walls are paper thin so noise from other guests can also be intrusive. Found a few bits and pieces in the room which would suggest a thorough clean hadn't taken place between guests. Pictures in listing suggest some light breakfast food is available. Actually just coffee and tea with no milk so must use powdered.

It's on Manhattan island and at a reasonable price. Large, comfy bed. Central Chinatown location means good for food both in Chinatown and at nearby Little Italy.

• November 17, 2015

• Queen Room

very good price, very good location geographically even though the neighbourhood might not be the nicest. We were prepard on a low standard due to the low pricing so if you look for a central cheap hotel and dont care for the rest this is the place to choose.

• November 1, 2015

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The Brooklyn subway train line runs very close to the hotel and is loud so you need to keep the windows closed to get a good nights sleep.

Good location and helpful staff. The room and facilities were basic but did the job perfectly adequately. It's not the Savoy but hey, you get what you pay for in NYC and we didn't really go there to sit in the room and audit the decor.

• November 1, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

I paid for a superior room - the next price up - but the room was very small and a bit dingy, the view a bit depressing (and some would have found it as noisy as in the front) and there was at times a powerful smell of gas in the bathroom when the light , and so extractor, was on. I covered the extractor in the room, which couldn't be turned off, although hadn't found that it particularly smelled of gas (although neither did it heat the room, which was quite cold and might have encouraged one to spend time in the relatively spacious, modern bathroom. I was offered the chance to move room, however, and would have if I'd considered it very dangerous.

Although argumentative, the staff are more friendly and easy to talk to than in some other hotels. The breakfast area is nice, although the cleaning fluid is quite strong. 'There was less of a smell of refrigerant in the corridor than during my last stay and no smell in the lift.

• October 30, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

The breakfast was light (coffee and cookies). There was no lounge where you can relax away from the room.

Our room (605) was somewhat dated but comfortable enough and surprisingly quiet in spite of the busy train line opposite. It was also very clean and the staff were always helpful.It is conveniently located near 2 blocks from East Broadway subway .

• October 26, 2015

• Queen Room

The room was not spotless (there was a pretty significant layer of dust on the cord going from the TV down to the outlet). Some towels had holes in them (we received one without holes, and second with a hole, and every replacement for the second also had holes in them). I'm not talking about a pinhole, I'm talking about a hole that was 3-4 inches in diameter. One of the nights, there was some kind of crazy wrestling/party going on in the room next door to us, which was shaking the floor and common wall, at about 11pm. The good part of that was it stopped very quickly after we reported it to the staff.

The staff was polite and helpful, the lobby was clean, the room was clean. The bed was comfortable. They installed a second wall inside the room and had two sets of double pane windows, which was really nice to keep the room quiet (there is a train that runs along the Manhattan Bridge about 100 meters away). The location is good (close to Subway, Brooklyn Bridge, travel to most major destinations in Manhattan was only about 20-30 minutes). We found a very nice breakfast place nearby, Cafe Petisco. The price was good (for Manhattan. We paid about $80/night less than another couple staying only about five blocks away). The only other places I could find that were less expensive had common bathrooms; we had our own inside the room.

• October 12, 2015

• Queen Room

Rates seem expensive in Manhattan compared to the end of July/August. The staff were friendly but I'd have been grateful if they had told me that the room I was indecisive about taking for the night between hotels would go if I didn't accept it - I had a stressful day finding what turned out to be an expensive and, I think, somewhat dangerous room in another room.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the room very nice, sunny, with original features but a modern bathroom. An interesting location. Some air pressure from the ceiling and a smell of refrigerant in the corridor but the windows were easy to open and I felt in no danger in the hotel.

• October 2, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

Sheets are not clean at all. The pictures do not reflect the reality. Furniture is very old and broken. No air conditioning!!! The neighborhood is full of garbage and streets are very smelly. The most surprising thing to me is that the train is few feet away and the noise it makes in the evening and over night does not allow you to sleep.

Close to other areas and a short walk from the bus stop and metro The staff are friendly

• October 2, 2015

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

No jug in the room (seems the trend these days), beds could be softer, TV could have more channels and better quality signal.

Great location, price good for New York (especially to have your own bathroom), subway only 2 blocks away for the excellent F train (probably the best and most versatile line), great wifi, loved the Chinese bakeries, cheap buses nearby for Philadelphia, DC and Boston.

• September 15, 2015

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

the location is in China town, which is not a great place. Long way to the nearest tube station too.

everything about the hotel was very good, except the location!!!!

• September 14, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

I paid full cost in cash as soon as I checked in, the hotel gave me a written receipt. The next morning they told me there was $100 note missing in the pile of notes received and asked me to pay them another $100. And for the next three days and evenings they harressed me for the $100 which totally ruined my holiday mood. The 2nd last day I received a notification from Booking.com that my stay was shortened one night into 5... I decided to agree to leave one night earlier to escape from hell, the final bill was $250 less than what I paid but they refused to refund the difference. Eyes widening experience.

• September 11, 2015

• Queen Room

The room was tiny - could only just walk around the bed, the room was very old and worn out, not very clean at all and the lock on the door didn't work!

The staff at the reception were friendly and helpful.

• July 28, 2015

• Queen Room

Wifi didn't work, breakfast was coffee and biscuit, no fridge in room, room small

Clean, relatively quiet, good room temperature, tidy clean bathroom, in the heart of Chinatown, close to 3 subway lines

• July 22, 2015

• Queen Room

Sheets were dirty and full of hair and makeup. Asked for new sheet and we were brought single flat sheet. Slept on top of it. Very hot room and smelt horrible

New york is great

• July 20, 2015

• Queen Room

The room was rather dirty with old fittings (needs refurbishement) but the bathroom was ok. Plus the neighbourhood and the sourounings in China Town were not clean as well - sometines the smell was bad :(

Location just next to Manhattan Bridge

• July 19, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

The only thing I didn't like was that the wifi was down the whole time we were there.

My son and I stayed here for two nights. Because we arrived early in the day, they were kind enough to lock our bags in their storage room until check in. Since the hotel was located in Chinatown, I always felt safe walking around. The AC was nice and cold when we were able to check in during the afternoon. It wasn't brand new or anything, but fine by our standards. Although situated next to the train tracks, the double insulated windows helped keep the noise out so it wasn't really a problem. The shuttle from the hotel back to the airport was only $45 (+ tip) as compared to $52 yellow cab. I also found out if you are at the airport, you can call the hotel to request a shuttle to get pick you up for that same fare. Just remember that it's cash only. Lots of nice little bakeries that open up early where you can get a quick breakfast. Guys at the front desk were always helpful, too. I would stay here again.

• July 14, 2015

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Hotel is located directly across from bridge where train ran 24/7 which was very loud could not get any sleep. Was in the heart of china town market where trash was everywhere.

Front desk was very helpful

• July 1, 2015

• Queen Room

There is no smoke detector so when someone smokes on a particular floor, it affects everyone on that same floor as smoke went into the airconditioning system (one per floor). The staff are also not allowed to go to each room to check, saying that guests had logged police case before.

The manager at the reception area is very friendly and helpful.

• June 26, 2015

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

the photos on the booking.com site must be from when the hotel first opened - the rooms and fittings were dated, and shabby, an iron imprint in the carpet, the room and hallway smelled musty. the "tea/coffee" lounge was in the hotel laundry. the staff were not helpful, gave incorrect directions, bad advice, could barely speak English.

it was close to the train station.

• June 21, 2015

• Queen Room

The staff were very rude and unhelpful when asking for advice on transport and the area. Room was loud due to uncontrollable AC, and due to the extreme proximity of the subway, where no effort had been made to soundproof such a racket. The room was dirty with hairs in the shower where they were would easily have been spotted if the room had been cleaned properly, the "breakfast" consisted of free biscuits and a 60's coffee machine. These are not exaggerated claims and as we generally stay in budget hotels, do not have particularly high standards, do not stay here, try any alternative available instead!

Hotel was in Manhattan and was not too difficult to reach the core of the cities tourist attractions.

• June 20, 2015

• Queen Room

Very well organized , friendly staff , very close to the subway and financial district . Really enjoyed the stay here !! Very clean! friendly neighbourhoods , coming back at 4 in the morning with no issues

• June 17, 2015

• Queen Room

- Rooms are smaller than they appear on the pictures. - The beds are hard, not comfortable. - very noisy people in the hotel and you can hear the subway all the time. - Bathroom is nog clean. - furniture is old. - al lot of money to pay ft what you get.

- the place of the hotel is fine. - near subway.

• June 14, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

Apart from tea and coffee making facilities in the public area the hotel does not have any restaurant or bar facilities. They do not even serve breakfasts. Although the general location is great for sightseeing-orientated guests it is not a good choice for those seeking peace and quiet. The hotel is located in the noisiest and busiest part of Chinatown (close to the Manhattan Bridge), not to say that trains pass the hotel just in front of its windows. The surroundings (Chinatown itself) is also probably one of the messiest and dirtiest neighbourhoods in Manhattan - not a pleasant view really...

In contrast to the rest of Chinatown, where customer service rules (or even good manners!) do not seem to exist at all, the service at this hotel is really good. The staff are nice and helpful and you surely get what you pay for. In terms of the access and distance to all tourist attractions the location is also very good - just a walking distance from the Brooklyn Bridge and the Financial District and a 10-minute walk from a subway station where you can catch a train uptown. The facilities are clean and cosy too (although not the most modern in the world). A very good price for this sort of hotel - especially if you want to stay in Manhattan. Given that it is NY it is surely good value for money!

• May 28, 2015

• Queen Room

The room stank horribly of cigarette smoke and as the windows don't open, there was no getting away. I got in too late and was too tired to ask for a different room, but I'm sure they would have been nice about it if I did.

The location is fantastic and amazing for the price. The staff gave great tips on where to find the best dumplings around and were great about me storing my luggage.

• May 27, 2015

• Queen Room

Could do a better job cleaning the room.

Friendly, helpful, and in Chinatown. Free tea and coffee maker in the room, free wifi, free luggage storage. No frills, but all needs are met.

• May 27, 2015

• Queen Room

No breakfast as stated on our booking documents. This is still included in room directory. Constant noise from train across the road. No area for suitcases. Room not cleaned while we were there.

Bathroom was okay.

• May 26, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

There was mold in the shower. If you move the luggage rack you can she how infrequent the carpet is vacuumed. The bed is a box spring with a 2-3 inch pad on top of it. Not the pillow top mattress that they claim on their official website. The ice machine is a the type that you just lift the front door and scoop out your ice....its apparently also the refrigerator for the staff because there food was in it. They also did not give us clean towels for the second day even though ours were on the floor and their sign says if you want fresh towels put yours on the floor. If you want to reuse your towels hang them up. They just refolded the towels and put them back on the shelf. We know they were the same towels because they had the same holes in them that the previous days towels had. Would of rather spent $50 more dollars and stayed in a better hotel.

• May 13, 2015

• Queen Room

Please be aware that it is next to the Manhattan Bridge so you will hear the rumble of the subway as it travels over but the windows are double glazed and, strangely, its kind of nice as it has that 'NYC sound'.

This is a great basic hotel for travellers. Probably best for singles or couples on short stays. It is a no frills hotel with small rooms and basic facilities but it is clean, the staff are helpful and friendly and you get an en suite bathroom which is unheard of at these prices. Slap bang on the edge of Chinatown and LoDel border so walking distance to Wall St and South Sea port. Good subway stations so don't worry about not being in Mid-Town. Easy to get to Brooklyn as well. If you like NYC and HK then you can effectively get both cities for the price of one!

• May 12, 2015

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The bed is hard. After 5 hours my back got sore. The parking at the parking lot they recommend is problematical because they close at night but we figured out a way around it. It would be nice if they upgraded the food they offer for the continental breakfast in the basement.

Good price compared to other places especially through Booking.com which gets a way better price tnan calling the hotel directly. Parking was good and bad. We finally figured out that at the corner of East Broadway and Pike Street that you can park there are day after 8am. You just have to remove the car between 7:30am - 8:00am (1/2 hour) for cleaning. The lot that they refer you to up Forsythe st. is closed at some time in the evening so that if you get there late you are out of luch

• May 2, 2015

• Queen Room

There is no conditioner for the hair, but there are plenty of stores in the neighborhood so it wasn't that hard to find some.

The cleanliness and friendly staff. The location is great, easy to get around and the food in the surrounding area is amazing. The young men working the counter would open and hold the elevator doors from time to time and they were so nice anytime we asked questions.

• May 1, 2015

• Queen Room

We got the queen room, which was very small- only about a foot from the bed to the wall on two sides which made it hard to get around. But on one of the sides there was decent space that had a big dresser and a desk with a chair. This didn't bother us much since we only stayed one night, if your staying longer you might want to think about getting a bigger room (superior queen room).

Very Clean, Friendly Staff- We called and they let us check in early, which was so helpful because we didn't want to walk around the city with our luggage. Private bathroom- most hotels at this price have shared bathrooms. Decor was simple but nice, had an updated appeal. Location- right in heart of Chinatown, lots of shopping and grocery stores, 5 minute walk from the train. Overall a very good experience, we would definitely stay again.

• April 19, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

The wifi didn't work- it would connect up but nothing would download to my phone. The 'continental breakfast' was a tea and coffee machine and a selection of Chinese and Japanese rice crackers. When we asked at reception about it the receptionist just said 'ok'!

The location was ok & the room facilities were good. The shower was great!

• April 14, 2015

• Queen Room

Very small room, windows do not protect from the outside noise. Breakfast is very poor, just tee/coffee and cookies. No access to the kitchen facilities: no fridge, microwave and possibility to get hot water anywhere in the building

• April 12, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

No continental breakfast was included, but we got a refund and used that money to go find our own. Bed are a bit on the hard side. A lot of outside noise due to passing trains, but with earplugs at night, it didn't bother us much.

Best hotel we could find for this price, right in the middle of Chinatown. Staff was really friendly. WiFi is very good, as was the TV. Lot of great restaurants nearby. Airport shuttle was provided at a good price.

• April 8, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

- it says breakfast included, however you only get a bagel in a paper bag,which you have to collect at the reception - very cold in the room - big noise from the trains passing just in front of the hotel, cant sleep

- quite reasonable price for NYC - location is good, but the hotel is right next to the Manhattan bridge and passing trains are very noisy

• March 14, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

I didn't like how online it says there's a parking area and there wasn't. It was on street and it was hard to find parking. The room was very small. The plus side it was clean but it was just awkward. And the bed was extremely hard.

• February 19, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

The " breakfast". Really disappointed, tea and coffee were terrible and the only food offered were sugary pastries in plastic bags ...

Quiet rooms despite the busy road and train tracks opposite !

• February 17, 2015

• Queen Room

sometimes a bit too warm we had to figure out how to open the window - which was noisy (subway) but didn't bother us.

good shower, very warm rooms when cold out

• February 5, 2015

• Queen Room

Longe, ruim,perigoso é cobrou mais caro do que o combinado. Não gostei. manhattan hotel away from the center, periphery and dangerous night. what is spent underground pays a downtown hotel . the Chinese demanded more money than the combined in the booking reservation, charged more. not worth it. Pennsilvania hotel side of macy's in seventh avenue and the same value.

papel de parede e elevador

• January 28, 2015

• Superior Queen Room

Breakfast was extremely poor. Towels and bedding was not changed daily. Room was not cleaned even once during our stay. no hot water in sink and in shower had to wait almost ten minutes for hot water. Queen room was small, we expected larger quarters.

Location and initial appearance online

• January 27, 2015

• Queen Room

The room is extremely small all the reviews are right. However we did not go to NYC to stay in our room it was clean and neat and that was fine with us. There is a train right across the street that is quite loud, however when in our room it did not bother us at all and it was right across the street from our room window. For people who claim it to be loud and small they are right but it is Manhattan, and the city that never sleeps, what do you expect?

Can't beat the price we stayed there on New Years Eve when other hotels Jack their prices up for the holiday. Proce was very reasonable and room was very clean.

• August 14, 2016

• Queen Room

Right next to train tracks, very noisy, wallpaper falling off wall in room, room very very small

• July 25, 2016

A bit noisy

The location, the bathroom

• July 20, 2016

• Queen Room

The shower took forever to drain

Bed was comfortable

• July 13, 2016

• Queen Room

Convenient to Chinatown and bus.

• July 6, 2016

• Superior Queen Room

floor of the room wasn't very clean

great location

• July 5, 2016

Small room

• July 5, 2016

• Queen Room

Even if the place are small atleast have a refrigerator,free breakfast coz its too expensive and more clean and tidy.

• June 24, 2016