Reviews of Quality Suites Lake Wright Norfolk Airport 3 stars

6280 Northampton Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23502, USA

#48 of 99 hotels in Virginia Beach

• 22 December 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only minor issue was the bathroom fan started out noisy; however, it calmed down. :)

The room was excellent, I slept like a baby. The breakfast is out of this world, the say continental, I say full buffet. I was very please, it was my first time staying at this location and I am absolutely returning. The staff, all I can say is bravo.

• 20 December 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were comfortable. Plenty of space for two adults and a child. Breakfast was excellent. Didn't expect the little front room area - that was a plus! Overall, just a clean and cozy place to stay.

• 15 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The people in the room next door in #260 were noisy, including after midnight, making it hard to get the sleep I needed.

Location, suite, and staff were all great.

• 14 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was cold at 0700 the first day and at 0615 the 2nd day Luke warm. I have stayed here 4 previous times and breakfast great.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Location is very close to my business meetings and central to all the military bases.

• 12 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I don't like the intersection is is on. Especially now with the construction it is very busy and is kind of a hassle to make a uturn into the parking lot coming from the interstate.

I like almost everything. The bed is very nice, the staff is friendly, the bar keep was nice.

• 7 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

room needs mgmt attention. housekeeper not doing their job. closet door off track, bathroom exhaust dirty,front if ac falling off, and coffee maker filthy and unsafe.

• 8 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel is nice and room is spaced, clean and well worth the price. Staff is really friendly, wonderful and honesty people. I cause a screen in early morning flight by loosing my wallet. My shuttle driver had run back and forward and looked for it with me. I don't know what could I done without her. Really appreciated your kind and hard work. Thank you very much. I feel really bad without knowing her names but this is the best place to stay if you want good people look after you.

• 15 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleaner pool, cleaner rooms and better discricpton of distance between hotel and VA beach

The beds were very itchy. Hotel did not have supplies such as tooth brushes.

• 4 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Once you got past lobby elevators were in disrepair, furniture in room was so worn & filthy you could feel the grime. We were stuck in room due to weather and put bedcovers over it before sitting on it.

Staff was very polite and hotel was close to airport. We were sending our daughter off to study abroad the next morning.

• 2 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside of the hotel was run down and dirty!! The pool area was also very dirty and very badly kept!!!!

The staff and breakfast was the best part of the experience

• 31 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Entrance to property a little confusing due to construction of future shopping center adjacent to property. Front room of suite did not cool off well unless AC was significantly lowered in the bedroom. Would be nice if there were a supply of paper plates & utensils stocked in the cabinets near microwave & fridge. as there was plenty of empty cupboard space. Bathroom light not inside the bathroom & cramped when trying to close the door & maneuver between the toilet & shower.

Roomy suite, very comfy bed & sheets to die for! Lots of pillows! Full breakfast available & located near an array of restaurants., Also easy access to major highways & short drive to beaches and other area attractions Definite savings over VA Beach hotels. Staff attentive to needs when housekeeping had not attended to our room the 1st day and TV not working in sitting room, all rectified by the time we came back from dinner.

• 25 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not the hotels fault, but I have ATT cell phone service and had no service on my phone most of the 4 days I was there. The channel listing in the book was outdated. Use channel 2 on the TV for channel guide. The bathroom light took a while to come on sometimes.

Stayed in King Suite. Room was big and comforable. I liked that there was a door that you can close off between the living room/sitting area from the bedroom area. Breakfast was very good. When we checked in the safe and two lamps in our room didn't work. Talked to front desk, within 1/2 hour the maintenance man was there to fix them. All staff was super friendly and helpful. Was a great place to stay for the price.

• 16 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Multiple light bulbs were out in the room. The sheets had dog fur on them and we didn't bring a dog. We believed the sheets were "clean" as in they had been washed but clearly not to standard. The shower curtain was dirty and so was the bath mat that goes on the floor. There were also no trash bags in the room or any of the trashcans. We were so tired from our drive and our trip, so we didn't complain or wait for housekeeping to come change the sheets on the bed, but we were very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room, especially considering how much we had to pay for the room and that the pool was closed. The room would have been very nice if these issues had been fixed prior to us being there. Again, we didn't see the need to complain because honestly, it should have been fixed prior to us getting there.

We like the size of the room and the fact that it was a suite.

• 9 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No wifi, staff not helpful, view out the dirty windows was of the dumpster and junked hotel stuff. Restaurant not open Sunday, no one there. I've traveled the world, this was worse than places I stayed in Laos and Cambodia. Never again!

The breakfast buffet was ok, when available.

• 7 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom smelled like cigarettes, sheets had spots, light from front door came into room. Bathroom floor diry, need mopping after previous visit and before I checked in.

Front staff at desk friendly. Park close to hotel. Two tv's in room.

• 7 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had no working phone in our room, front desk had to bring us a remote for the TV, bathroom light was outside the shower/toilet room, and one elevator did not work.

The front desk help was exceptional. Very friendly! Great breakfast bar-loved the apple fritters.

• 31 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The Air conditioning did not work like it should in the rooms to keep them cool , also the bathroom shower heads didn't work that great

The beds were very comfortable

• 30 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was dirty and smelled like urine on the hallways. The gym equipment was non functional which is not how they advertised the gym. The wifi crashes every five minutes. All pavement around the grounds were completely destroyed messing up my car. Never ever going yo stay here again or recommending it to someone!

Cheap liquor and strong air conditioning in the room.

• 29 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The first room we had needs carpet repair(I tripped and almost fell) & the dresser drawer was broken..told front desk and got a better room.. satisfied with the 2nd room..

The breakfast was very good.. the bed slept nice too..

• 26 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The dining area could of used a good cleaning. The seats and walls were dirty.

The breakfast was wonderful, nice choices. The beds were very comfortable.

• 24 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very noisy AC, that wakes you up each time it starts at night. Men restroom at the pool was out of order and closed during the whole stay. The sink of the kitchenette was broken and had a hole in it. There was a leakage near the ice machine on the 5th floor for two days.

Location and breakfast were fine. Kitchenette in the suite was very convenient.

• 22 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Poor grounds keeping, grass not cut; weeds; broken ice machines, broken treadmill, cigarette butts in courtyard by pool, torn and ripped carpet, dirty elevators, comforter was stained, the sign for the hotel is still located at what used to be the main entrance; you have to look for the alternate turn-in or drive through this makeshift lane and pray you don't get a nail in your tire, there was not a sign showing the alternate entrance, refrigerator was not cleaned well, air conditioning very loud

location, breakfast; the ladies were so nice and patient with all those children all over the food bar

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room has seen better days, the carpet was patched and worn, the shower curtain bracket was loose on the wall, the tub looked like it had not been cleaned well in months. There were black tracks where peoples' feet stood but clean areas between them and along side of them. The exhaust fan was extremely loud too. Leaving the site in the morning was a hassle, 2 lane entrance to I64 traffic blocks the exit from the parking lot and either you wait for a long time or hope someone will let you into the right lane, and then again into the left lane so you can continue south on route 13.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant was very nice with a good selection of items. Breakfast buffet was excellent. The room was comfortable and well equipped, beds were great and pillow selection also great. Overall a good value for an overnight stay.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

If not swimming, the room was very warm. Fans may be helpful...it has a greenhouse effect. Ice machines were not always working either.

Great breakfast!!! Swimming pool was warm and clean. Room was nice size and comfortable. Great value and close enough to be on the beach in 20 minutes.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was covered in pet hair. Asked for a vacuum and offered to clean it myself. Was told they would bring it after they found one...was brought a garment steamer instead. I understand pets are welcome at this hotel but the floor should be cleaned when they leave.

The room size and location was just as expected for the price. Staff was very welcoming and friendly at check in.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very outdated bathroom (peeling wallpaper from the 90s); room is semi cleaned (edges haven't been done in years); public areas are dirty and old; elevator had broken tile floor. The tile surrounding the pool right above the water was filthy--looks as if it has never been cleaned.

The mattress was comfortable, the bathroom was very dated but clean. Has a frig and microwave which is convenient.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

CONFUSING TO FIND QUALITY AND SLEEP INN ENTRANCES - ONLY ONE PERSON WORKING, WHO HELPED OTHERS ON THE OTHER SIDE WHILE I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR SOME TIME. NO ICE AND SEEMED IRRITATED WHEN WE INQUIRED FOR SOME.- NO AIR IN HALLS, IN ELEVATOR (ONLY ONE WORKING WHEN ARRIVED.) SEEMED TO BE AN ISSUE PAYING WITH CASH - STILL REQUIRING CARD EVEN THOUGH ROOM WAS PAID FOR WITH CASH. WALKING INTO A HOT ROOM. AC FAN WAS VERY LOUD. FOUND DIRTY TOWEL FROM PRIOR GUEST IN SHELF UNDER TV.

THERE WAS SEPARATE AREA FOR MY TEEN.

• 11 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Coffee in the room was crap. Pool hours are incondusive to a late night / early morning swim. Don't know why there are pool hours..... 1 of the 2 elevators were broke. Bar tender is a little rusty.

Service was alright.

• 10 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Could've been a lot cleaner. Spots and streaks on everything. My first night there I pulled the nightstand out from the wall to access the outlet and behind it was a candy wrapper, bandaid and some Kleenex. I was there for a week and came back the next day with a bottle of bleach cleaner. Landscaping is overgrown and weedy. Parking left a lot to be desired. Pool water was way too cloudy.

Enjoyed the hot breakfast. There was always a good variety and it changed from day to day. Location was good for my purpose. Lots of restaurants and other services near by.

• 28 June 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I'm not one to writes bad reviews, but our stay was so bad I want other people to know not to waste their time or money with this place. We stayed in this hotel about 6 years ago on a trip south and it used to be decent. However, after this trip, I will never stay here again, and will never stay in a Choice Brand hotel again. It looks like no one has taken care of the hotel in years and it has declined significantly since the last time we stayed there. Overall, the hotel was dirty. Wallpaper was peeling, floor tiles were broken, and the hotel smelled musty. All but two lights worked in the room and the air conditioner didn't work well either. The bathtub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. We found a box of tampons in the pull out couch and there was a condom on the floor behind it too. We had small children with us and I was livid. When I immediately went to the front desk to address it, all they could say was, "I'm sorry." There was no effort by the staff to try and make our stay more comfortable. I could go on, but there's not enough room to type it all. This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in and they should be embarrassed for having the word "Quality" in their name. I cannot emphasize enough, do NOT stay here!

• 27 June 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Third party lack of details and terms and conditions. If you let a third party make sales on your behalf, make sure they represent your company the same way.

The hotel itself

• 25 June 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

AC did fully cool until dusk. Bathroom light and family was scary loud. Overall hotel temp was hotel like no AC. Staff was "urban" but polite .

Full breakfast with bacon sausage eggs grits potatoes orange and juice coffee with flavored creamers danishes bagels milk cereal waffles buffet.hot hot water just how I like. Had fresh clean towels poolside.Could Take Breakfast Back To room

• 19 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The WiFi and cell coverage were horrible. I had to keep leaving my room to walk to the front of the hotel to make or receive calls or texts. The WiFi went in and out every few minutes. This was not the staffs fault in any way and they were friendly and helpful.

The staff and location were good. I enjoyed the free breakfast and the little bar and restaurant. Maybe longer hours like open till 10 would have been nice. It looks like there used to be a very nice golf course and convention hall but it's abandoned and overgrown now. However there appears to be construction on a pretty new outlet center in its place that will revitalize the property. Access to restaurants and shopping plus the military bases and airport was very convenient.

• 6 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Internet service was horrible however it was horrible everywhere we went in Norfolk Virginia Beach and Chesapeake so I don't think it had anything to do with the hotel

The hotel was great we have a cane Corso and he was able to stay with us the room was big it was a sweet to room sweet it was comfortable and it was extremely clean although we didn't need the food it did have a restaurant on site which is nice and a computer room the staff was extremely friendly hi we would definitely stay again

• 31 May 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The courtyard leading to the pool area the way it is contained with trees and birds there were an enormous amount of bird droppings on the outside chairs and tables and walkways.

The beds and pillows were so comfortable and the suite was more than I needed but great for one night. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 31 May 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like people eating in rollers, night caps, PJs and robes. The food was good. The location was wonderful because it was close to eating places as well ad shopping. Also near office supplies.

I liked the look of the facility, the serviced offered,the spacious room,and the price of the room.I loved having two TV since it is play off time. The room that I stayed in was quite making it great for working. .

• 18 April 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had to leave super early (3:45 a.m.) to catch a flight. A coffee stand would have been great, the in room was the usual not so great coffee.

The hotel is old, but well maintained. The room had a nice living area, two tvs and a comfortable king sized bed.

• 8 April 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My husband has a bad back and the chair is the room is sized for a midget. He needs to sleep in it part of the night and because it was so small he was very uncomfortable. you need bigger chairs in a suite room.

My bed was good and the room was very clean.

• 29 March 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish there was pillow top on bed.

GREAT DEAL! Restaurant was onsite, late check-out and the suite was great - Separate bedroom and living room! Great view of the lake too! We will be back!

• 29 March 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The wallpaper was peeling and it offset the mood of the room. the pool had a weird fishy smell. We had a view of a bunch of broken hotel TVs by the dumpster.

Breakfast was lovely, the beds were comfortable and rooms were highly accessible and clean. It was conveniently located and close to everything we needed.

• 13 March 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My experience with this hotel was way past poor. None of the accommodations/ amenities that I rented the room for were unavailable. They became unavailable an hour or two after I had already checked in nothing would be fixed until after I had already long checked out. I was unsatisfied and I would never return back to this hotel for as long as I live.

Nothing at all

• 1 January 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping. I had to seek out the housekeeper on my floor to replace the drinking glasses and get more towels. We arrived on Sunday and left on Wednesday and housekeeping never came to our room without being asked. The pool area was dirty. There were some items left in there the entire time we were there. There were moldy spots on the concrete around the pool where the tables and chairs were.

The room was big and comfortable. It had a small sitting area with a pull out sofa, a TV, desk, and overstuffed chair with a door separating it from the sleeping area. Decent sized fridge with microwave and lots of cabinet space. The breakfast bar was absolutely awesome. With bacon, eggs, gravy, hash browns, and much more.

• 24 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

That I only stayed 1 night. I will be back.

The friendliness of the staff, the decor of the hotel, and the overall atmosphere was inviting.

• 21 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bar close early heheh

The house keeping was very pleasing to help

• 13 December 2016

I loved it

• 18 November 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

my room was a little dirty when I came in( left a beer can in the room)

the food, the service, the pool area and close to everything

• 1 November 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast and the layout of the rooms with the sofa bed

• 19 October 2016

Bed feel unclean

Nice and worth the money but pool hours and bad breakfast was good room have lot of space

• 18 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room didn't smell good maybe spray some kind of fragrance or automatic fragrance

• 10 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The peacefulness and overall comfort.

• 5 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cable channels other than that everything was excellent!

I like the fact that everyone was very kind,respectful! I love the environment!

• 20 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

the price was right kids loved pool

• 20 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The suite area with the pull out bed was warm. It didn't cool down very well.

Very good breakfast. Clean room.

• 13 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Shabby firnishings and pool area

Located close to airport; free shuttle was helpful

• 9 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Wasnt able to get in the pool

It was a nice and clean hotel...

• 9 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hallway smelled of urine. I thought this place was no animals allowed ? Saw a big dog come thru the Hotel.

Did not eat at the property.

• 6 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

the floors need clean carpet. the construction makes it an eye sore.

food and the bed were comfortable and fluff

• 23 August 2016

Two rooms.

• 22 August 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was large, breakfast was really good, and the staff were super helpful with directions to local spots.

• 21 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Advance reservation is needed for the airport shuttle - but not mentioned on the room booking page. Room air conditioner was very noisy.

• 17 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast should have being served to each door

I liked the quietness..Two TV in the room

• 14 August 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell in entire hotel,hallways and elevators, overall very unclean.

• 14 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean room, great front desk service. Fast easy check-in process. Will definitely use this hotel again

• 11 August 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a meat option

The waffles were perfect. The pool was awesome. We had a great time

• 2 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was inviting and pleasant

Old and unkept

Close to airport

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great food, accommodations and staff!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel rooms could be updated, more modern.

Very friendly staff. Great breakfast and the location is good.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a musty smell.

This was a great value. Nice place for the price.

• 11 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

One elevator wasn't working....gave me opportunity to use stairs.

Superb staff, very helpful.

• 10 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some repairing is needed to the wall paper and the bath tub.

The restaurant staff was awesome. The breakfast/dinner meals were delicious.

• 7 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe more attention front desk or a door man

The breakfast was great

• 3 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was a bit run down, repairs, repainting needed.

Kept very clean, staff very pleasant.

• 26 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location, breakfast, room, friendly staff.

• 25 June 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The towel service at the pool

The Breakfast was great