Reviews of Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center 3 stars

3130 Hartley Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257, USA

#54 of 101 hotels in Jacksonville

• 21 January 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

A.C. could be updated and more available cable channels.

Near all the places we needed to go. Price a little high for the quality. Would stay again if price drops just a bit.

• 16 November 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

found no facilities set for pet... walk area was out back but not kept well as poop bags were empty all three days .... lots of construction equiptment and garbage all over back lot ... the mattress should have been thrown out. Very uncomfortable sleep

the bathroom was great , morning coffee can't be beat.

• 22 October 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

This was not a hotel but rather a motel. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, and I am ex military. The room had a very musty smell to it. Had a staff member yelling to another staff member for about two minutes right outside of our door on Saturday morning. Not how anyone wishes to be awoken.

• 9 October 2016

the cleaner was very rude, very off hand, walking towards the reception she didn't hold the door open even though she could see we were struggling with our cases

Breakfast was great room was ok breakfast guy brilliant location could have been better

• 26 September 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Room door security an issue. Seemed to have been haphazardly repaired.

Nice accommodations, decent breakfast included as well. A comfortable stay for the price.

• 28 August 2016

The staff is not good on giving directions to the rooms. Another guest ended up showing me to my room.

Very pretty. Lots of things to do with at the hotel.

• 27 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Since it was a non smoking hotel, people were smoking outside all evening on the balconies right outside my room, so it unfortunately came in my room the whole time which was bothersome. I changed rooms to try to get away from smokers, but they seemed to be smoking all over the property, so there were no non-smoking sections to go to. The first room I tried had door to the room next door and smoke was coming under the crack in the door because people were smoking in their room. The staff seemed to have an attitude of there's no way to stop people from smoking in rooms, but they were at least helpful to let me try a diffrrent room. The non-smoking hotels are a new thing to me. I think it would be better to keep it as smoking and non-smoking rooms and sections the way it's been over the past 20 years. Just let people smoke in their rooms in a seperate section from non-smokers. That works fine. It's better than saying the whole place is non smoking and then have it be smoking everywhere. It's misleading and not good for smokers or non-smokers. It had far worse smoke smells than I have ever experienced before in a hotel. And I'm sure the smokers weren't happy having to smoke on the balconies.

The breakfast selection was great! The fresh fruit and watermelon was especially good. Coffee was better than most hotels.

• 23 August 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

they should have made it more clear in advance that you needed to bring cash for tip at the free breakfast. Even though the food is buffet style there is a waitress that takes your drink orders, and then a small sign on the table that says gratuities appreciated-that info could have been more helpful BEFORE I get to the free BUFFET style breakfast.

I loved the room, it was clean and spacious. The staff was super friendly- the cleaning lady even left me a note and submitted my survey that I left behind.

• 22 August 2016

The hotel was doing alot of renevatons to the property was it showed (unpainted walls, noise from construction, wet paint smell on some walls).The property should of completed one renovation project the began another then entire place was under construction. The breakfast was very cold.

The location was good because we went to the comedy zone which was located in rhe hotel

• 16 August 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I liked the atmosphere, free breakfast buffet, cleaning crew and customer service. Everything was nice for the price.

Very pleasant atmosphere. The cleaning crew were very respectful and considerate. The service desk employees were very accommodating and pleasant. Gigi's Restaurant has a very nice environment and family oriented. I really liked the free breakfast buffet. The food is really good and the employees were very nice people and focused on Customer satisfaction. And what a great idea to have a Comedy Zone as part of the hotel!

• 10 August 2016

That i payed for two nights only stayed for 1 night and never got my money back also didnt get treated fairly. They charged me for two nights when I only stayed for 1.

It was clean

• 6 August 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Cleaniness and fact front desk staff very unpleasant, wasn't made aware that there was not elevator until several attempts getting to second floor...will never stay at a Ramada again...room very dated rusted fixtures and doors...you get what you pay for sadly...other area being renovated...should have started with guest rooms

• 1 August 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I requested a first-floor room ahead of time since I'm traveling w/dog. There was none available to me! I'm a senior, and had to lug belongings upstairs at least 4 times since I was alone. It was 100 degrees; not fun!!!

Room was clean. Good breakfast, and I think the servers DESERVE a gratuity.

• 28 July 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

My bed was broke, made a cracking noise when I sat down, sink clogged up, a/c didn't pump hard enough and I seen a roach one night.

Wonderful location... the free breakfast buffet was AMAZING. also got in free for a comedy show, front seats. For dinner one night my gf and I had the prime rib and crab leg buffet. If you are staying on a Friday or Saturday... don't miss out on that. It's amazing for the price (35.00) I enjoyed my stay overall it was a great experience. Definitely recommend!

• 22 July 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

No one came to clean the room all week. The cleaning person with the cart just banged on the door each morning at 8am really loud until I answered. .. and then asked me if I needed anthing like a towel or sheets or tp

The location, the large room, especially the pool and morning breakfast.

• 10 July 2016

• Family

We had two rooms and the A/C's never really cooled the rooms. It was not miserable but not as comfortable as we like.

Breakfast was great and the staff were great also. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

• 1 July 2016

• Family

The food was excellent. They had an excellent choice and the service was very friendly and right on top of everything. I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area.

• 22 June 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Need some signage to keep pet owners from allowing dogs to go inside the courtyard/pool area .

Comfortable beds, clean baths, good towels, excellent breakfast choices, nicely redone facility in great location for our needs...excellent value

• 21 June 2016

No complaints.

We loved it. Would definitely stay again. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. The pool area is very nice.

• 20 June 2016

• Family

Room was a little dark and dreary with the curtain closed, and, since we were on the ground floor looking into the pool area, we had absolutely no privacy with the curtain open. We were there over Memorial Day, and the price seemed high for the quality of the room.

Interesting landscaping. Friendly staff.

• 20 June 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

ALL Breakfast food was cold- eggs, sausage gravy, bacon - ALL OF it was COLD!!!

The wait staff for breakfast was very friendly and very helpful during breakfast - great service

• 19 June 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Air conditioner in room was not working properly. I called the front desk from 9:00PM until 11:00PM and no one answered until 11:00. They sent someone right over and he fixed it. Also, they advertise their comedy club free to guests but we went Friday night and they said it wasn't included Friday nights and we would have to pay $55 to get in.

Good breakfast included

• 13 June 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Tv guide for Directv didn't display programming and that could been due to wrong type of remote provided.

Like didn't have to leave hotel for breakfast. Really nice buffet.

• 13 June 2016

• Family

Room was disgusting, hotel in general felt cold and uninviting, we told the lady on front desk that we would be checking out during the night, and when we went to check out took me 20 mins for someone to come to the desk, definitely woke her up. My family couldnt wait to leave, and also not the cheapest hotel, which is what upset me the most.

free parking :-)

• 31 May 2016

1. The staff, the customer service ice was horrible in dealing with the errors that occurred with booking, instead of trying to take care of me when I checked I , Lana basically told me she couldn't fix the problem, I had to go through the website in which I booked. Being a manager in customer service if someone is providing you with the information needed, you fix it, you don't question the customer. Room didn't work on several occasions, you could hear everyone talking from the pool to just walking by your room, so rest was slim to none.

Price of hotel room through booking.com was affordable for a holiday weekend. Bed was comfy and clean, so was the bathroom.

• 30 May 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Less mold, less blood on floor.

The lobby snelled like urine. The staff was very nice. There appeared to be mold in the ceilings. There was what appeared to be blood on the carpet.

• 20 May 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Booking dot com failed to notify the hotel of our booking, but the desk staff were very helpful in finding us a room at the last minute.

Free admission to the comedy club was great.

• 17 May 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

We like everything about this location. It's very convenient for us for the reason we're in the area. Staff is nice, room is nice, breakfast is yummy and price was right!

• 16 May 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Have in mind that this hotel's rooms are some kind of "external". Not exactly the motel mode;there is a key only entrance door. But they face a corridor which is external. This should be mentioned at the description of the rooms more clearly. The cleaning was sort of poor. The front desk staff were just ok. I think they should make one feel more welcomed and "at home". What I really didn't like was that on busy days, the guests would walk around the corridors making awful noise at small hours as well. The hotel should have some guys walking around and make them quiet, or make a better noise avoid construction to the rooms. When you checkout, the wifi is directly cut-the next moment! This makes the hotel look "cheap".

The room itself was sufficient enough and the location is perfect, right next to 295 interstate. The breakfast sufficient enough as well. The price was great. The wifi awsome. The staff, besides one at the front desk, were very polite and helpful. Actually one of them offered to go to the reception and remake my key-card when it got bad, without even asking. Great guy... Big thanks to the front desk lady on duty on 8/5/16 about 7pm for her behaviour and assistance.

• 4 May 2016

The pillows were not very comfortable and the blankets weren't very thick

The staff was unbelievable super friendly amazing and helpful from the housekeepers to the front desk to the servers in the restaurant all unbelievable would stay there anytime I'm in Jacksonville

• Family

The pool was closed our last morning, not sure if it was lack of attendant or needing to be cleaned or time... that was a bit disappointing, but it was open as we were leaving and looked really nice.

We loved staying here! The room was nice and clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating and the hot buffet breakfast was phenomenal-since we were expecting a Continental type (bagels and coffee) The additional bar and comedy club will bring us back in the future. This particular weekend, the hotel was booked to capacity, but you'd never know.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

There was no early check-in. The room was dirty and the A/C was not working properly. Maintenance was called twice, they could not fix and we were not offered another room.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the location.

• 3 May 2016

The breakfast, rooms, location, bar area overall was good. However my check in experience was horrible. The front desk rep Maureen and the manager were rude, not friendly and unhelpful. My room reservations had a max of 2 and it should have been 4. I was advised it couldn't be changed on their end and I had call booking.com. They advised me it would be an additional $20 per night which I told them I didn't mind paying, as we were tired. I called booking. Com.advised of issue and the rep. Called Ramada. Remind you I'm standing right there and hear/see the conversation. Maureen was rude also to rep. Still advising of addtnl few that I had advised her from start I would pay. They ran the booking rep. Around in circles. Even though it shouldn't have been a addtnl few because it policy states can be up to max of 5 people. They would not waive the fee, which was not a problem for me remember. So they wasted time for no reason. Why keeping speaking of a fee as if I was refusing to pay. They were not considerate or acknowledge we were tired and just ready to check in. For this reason I will never return to this hotel not recommend it.

• 30 April 2016

Was upset that the front desk didnt let me know that I could have received complemtary tickets to tje comedy club. Instead I paid $50

Friendly staff, Great location, breakfast included

• 28 April 2016

Gratuities requested at breakfast.

Easy access from interstate. Breakfast is superb. Live music on weekends. Pool and garden a nice. Squirrels are cute and playful at the pool.

• 27 April 2016

The hotel does not have an elevator, which wasn't bad for my boyfriend and I but for older people or people with heavy luggage it would be.

The hotel registration staff was very friendly and quick. The restaurant staff was very friendly and ensured we had everything we needed. The breakfast buffet provided more than enough options of food to eat. The entertainment provided was very professional and quiet. The overall hotel room was good. Furniture could have been dusted and wiped more thoroughly. The hotel is located not too far from the bridge so the view crossing is amazing and breathtaking. Close to local attractions. An hour and a half drive from Daytona beach.

• 6 April 2016

there was nothing I didn't like, however the breakfast could have been a little cheaper, but it was good though

we was there for the all female lady ride, we enjoyed the happy hour from 4-7 with the fish bowl drink. the bar tender Tasha was great and T the young man that was working in the area was also wonderful. The most touching part, my other sisters didn't come in until Saturday and they placed a hold on her room for her and did not mark her as a no show; it allowed her to pay cash when she came in and was able to check in immediately. thank you Ramada and staff for a great visit.

• 5 April 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The room we were first given was quite old, there were big stains on the carpet, the bed was broken, the smell was very unpleasant. The good thing is that the staff let us move to a different room. The place looks more like a motel, not a 3 star hotel.

Hotel is situated next to main freeways, convenient for driving and overnight stays.

• 26 March 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Hair in the bathtub, carpet has seen better days, also the furniture. Funny smell throughout the hotel. Could do with a renovation! For one night acceptable.

Easy to find. Whole Foods close by.

• 8 March 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The price is a bit steep for quality of room.

The free GiGi's breakfast was amazing.There's a comedy club inside the ticket was only $20 per person.

• 8 March 2016

• Family

Beds were old and uneven. TV was small. Buffet was average. Room was small. Bathroom fixtures old and worn. Cheap hotel comforts at medium hotel prices...not a good value.

The location was convenient to many things.

• 4 March 2016

• Family

Only complaint, would be there was a crew working in the morning ....a little noisy for 7ish in the morning. Only happened one time and for a couple of minutes.

This hotel was fine, nothing extra ordinary but not substandard either. Comfortable.

• 25 February 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Rooms are very old. Carpet was old and filthy. King size bed was comfortable. Stay was 1 night rest for trip South. Would not want to stay longer.

Breakfast was very good.

• 21 February 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The room was horrible. Old, run down, felt unsafe. Loud neighbors because there was a half inch gap beneath the connecting door. Loud people outside the room.

Restaurant, bar, and entertainment was excellent

• 20 February 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The last 2 visits we encountered a bed that caused me neck and back pain due to the big indention in the center of the king bed. First time maintenance discovered a crack in the frame and quickly took care of that. This visit may have just been the mattress.

The front desk staff was amazing as well as housekeeping. The attentiveness of maintenance was quick, friendly and helpful when our TV remote got lost. Breakfast is always well worth the stay and the wait staff is very energetic.

• 12 January 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

We were travelling the day before Christmas eve, we arrived at about 7:45p.m., tired and hungry. The only place to get something to eat at the hotel was the lounge that was closing early, no reason given, or the comedy club. The waiter at the comedy club was very nice, the food was typical bar food but the acts were bad. Luckily because we were staying at the hotel we didn't have to pay admission. We left midway through the show, after we finished eating.

The watress at the breakfast was very good.

• 27 December 2015

• King Room- Non-Smoking

On one night the neighbors were noisy when they stood outside talking loudly. However, I think they were workers staying there so they probably needed a little time to talk together. They did call it a night about midnight.

Location is very good for our purpose. Rooms are clean, breakfast is the best of any place we stay. Price is very good...check in fast..like that we are offered water when we check in or out. Will stay again.

• 1 December 2015

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The first room that was assigned to me the air condition system was loud and the room had an odor however they took me out of that room quickly and call maintenance for the repair. The room that I received then was very clean with no loud sounds. This was my second time staying at this hotel and I will be returning again.

The hotel was clean and convenient to the comedy zone which were at celebrating my birthday. The breakfast was awesome. I will return to this hotel every time I'm in Jacksonville

• 30 November 2015

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Put me in wrong room so I had to move. Looked like mold on ceiling in bathroom. Waitress cleared my table when I got up to fix my plate at breakfast and sat someone else at my table.

• 20 November 2015

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The road construction was going on all night. I was not offered a room that was away from all the noise and was given a poor excuse about the noise.

Location was good. Breakfast was good.

• 11 November 2015

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The staff at this hotel is so helpful and friendly. They allow pets with no question. The rooms are clean, there is an upscale baguette room, piano bar, comedy club, and restaurant. They provided additional information on parks and trails in the area to walk and run. Great place to stay.

• 3 November 2015

My family member purse was left inside the auditorium on the night we arrived. So we went to the front desk attended for help. And she wasn't concern nor helpful. We had to search the hotel for a management. We then got the apologies and the answers that we needed to find her purses.

I love that the hotel is located in a nice area. I was able to shop and explore the downtown area with a few minutes. And it is great the hotel offers full breakfast spread with waitresses on site.

• 20 October 2015

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I disliked the fact that the tub would clog up when showering. I had to place something in between the stopper to keep it from closing.

I like the fact that the room had a mini fridge and microwave. It was very convenient.

• 15 October 2015

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Parking. There is a comedy club at night and patrons park anywhere. I had to park way away from my room in the back lot near some buses and semis. Since I am a woman traveling alone, that is a concern, plus if the weather was bad or I had a lot of bags, it would really not have been convenient.

Breakfast included, location to suit my needs.

• 13 October 2015

I didnt like the noise around the hotel at night should be monitor more closely. The breakfast was really nice but it could have had a better or a more broader selection of foods.

I liked the hotel in general i also like the comedy show it was really nice. The free breakfast was also great and really convenient the food was ok

• 2 October 2015

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Does not have elevator to 2nd floor rooms. I have disability that makes it painful to climb stairs. I asked for 1st floor room at booking, but upon arrival there were no 1st floor rooms available, even though I phoned in advance asking them to reserve a 1st floor room.

Convenient location, complementary breakfast buffet, walk-in pool, comfortable clean room, friendly staff

• 30 September 2015

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Booked a pet friendly room, but during check in, was told that the room that had been reserved was not pet friendly. Thus increased my room rate to reserve another room. Housekeeping was also very pushy to try to come into the room after only being in the room for three hours.

Central location. Good breakfast.

• 9 September 2015

• Family

The light in the bathroom didn't work so we had to shower in the dark. The outlets on the nightstand didn't work. Breakfast was cold. Except the drinks, they were warm. Overall it was far from a positive experience.

The size of the room was nice. The location is convenient.

• 8 September 2015

• Family

This was the first family trip to Florida. I picked this hotel for it had a pool and a game room for the kids. The first night the kids went to find the game room and was advised that it was closed due to being abused. Well we decided to get a good night sleep eat breakfast and enjoy the pool, which my 4 yr old could not wait to do. Once able to go to the pool he got a total of 2 hrs and was asked to get out so a chemical treatment could be done. Had no problem with that until we were advised we could not get back in for a few days. This might not have been a problem if we were staying longer we left the next day. It isn't easy explaining that to a 4 yr old. When checking out usually you are asked how was your stay, well not this day the lady behind the desk was more worried about lunch and if a co-worker was joining her that she was talking to on the phone while we were checking out. I understand things have to be cleaned maybe instead of kicking the guess out come back later that day and if one of your selling points is a game room and it is decided it's not worth the hassle update your Web site and the hotel not to show it as an amenity. The breakfast and room was on the plus side.

• 25 July 2015

• Family

We stayed in a pet friendly room, but the carpet needs serious cleaning, our crawling 11 month old was dirty after a few moments of crawling on the floor.

Front desk staff was super awesome, check-in was super fast. Pet area was convenient, but needs some upkeep the pet disposal bin needs replacing and stocking. Breakfast was fantastic!!!

• 17 July 2015

We stayed at this hotel for 4th of July weekend, very pleasant staff, would definitely stay there again. The room rate included free breakfast with eggs, bacon, grits, potatoes, homemade biscuits, waffles, and fresh fruit. It also included free comedy show tickets, what a deal.

• 12 July 2015

• Family

The room did not appear unclean on admission. Once in the room we found "lost" or "misplaced" items from the previous occupants. Toothpick, toy car and medication (pill) on the floor.

The staff was friendly and welcoming. The breakfast bar was satisfactory to my kids. I have had better, but for the cost (FREE) it is not valid to complain

• 5 July 2015

Minor but annoying issue of not being able to turn the volume on the TV in the room below 20. Maintenance looked at the TV and remote, but said that was just how it was designed.

Very nice hotel. Very affordable. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful, and the hot breakfast buffet was much nicer than the typical continental breakfast you normally get.

• 11 June 2015

• Family

They had dirty sheets piled up outside the walk way, about 14 feet high. There was body hair in my sheets, That was gross!

They offer you a bottle of water checking out.

• 9 June 2015

The game room consisted of broken down table games. The room had not been cleaned thoroughly there were wire hangers on the floor coffee pot was dirty. I give them 2 stars

• 16 May 2015

Free hot breakfast buffet was very good. Staff very attentive. Had an issue with the bed which was immediately taken care of by the front desk. The maintenance guy was cheerful and quick to take care of it. Have stayed here before & will stay again! .

• 29 April 2015

Bed was pretty stiff and gave me back pains, rather small bathtub, comedy zone was a bit loud and could hear it from our room. And though it was supposed to be a smoke free facility, some of the staff would smoke in the hallway between the comedy club and 100's rooms. The smoke could be smelled from inside our room....

Pillows were amazingly soft and comfortable, good tv and good wifi.

• 20 April 2015

Husband had breakfast I missed breakfast room very comfortable didn:twant to get up :-(

Everything very friendly guest and employeesRoom was very clean would recommend hotel for family and friends and pet friendly :-)

• 25 March 2015

I got in early I understand the rule for early check in but, I was quoted two different prices. I had to sleep in my car until 6:00 am in the morning. Just didn't like that part.

The breakfast buffett! The staff in GIGI's was awesome but as far as the staff in the hotel from frontdesk tonight shift... They need a customer service class.

• 23 March 2015

The free breakfast included only cold items (toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs), if you wanted hot breakfast (ham, sausage, omelet bar, french toast sticks) you had to pay extra. It wasn't a big deal to us. We had plenty to eat with just the cold breakfast. Also the room smelled a little bit like smoke, but I am pretty sure it was the kind of industrial carpet cleaner that they use that makes that smell. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would pick this hotel again!

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• 10 March 2015

Hate to say anything negative about our stay and won't.

Room was very nice and clean. The bed was nice. The grounds were beautiful, and the service was great.

• 25 December 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms extra clean

• 23 December 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

While i did bring dogs the room i had certainly smelled like a kennel.

Breakfast buffet was great. Love thw waffles!

• 6 November 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

On Comedy Nights parking can be very difficult.

The breakfast buffet is very nice and all the servers are very friendly and attentive to your needs.

• 1 November 2016