Reviews of Cranes Nest Guest House @ 211 4 stars

211 Charles Street, Brooklyn, 0181 Pretoria, South Africa

#99 of 102 B&Bs and inns in Pretoria

• December 27, 2016

• Apartment

The manageress was hell bent on getting the rest of her paying as soon as I arrived - It was as if I was not welcome until I had paid the rest of the outstanding amount.

Felt like home away from home

• December 18, 2016

• Apartment

The washing basin has cracks. Door cannot open to the outside, key is missing.

• November 12, 2016

• Apartment

ROOMS LITTLE RUN DOWN. NEED BIT OF RENOVATION.

GOOD LOCATION FOR MY PURPOSES. ROOMS NICE AND QUIET,

• September 8, 2016

• Standard Queen Room

the water was not very hot and ran out very quickly.

security of parking was good. Staff were very friendly. The rooms a good size

• July 31, 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The room was excellent and we'll prepared.

• October 12, 2014

It seems that the overall conditions (quality of services) are falling, despite the good location of the facility. The management should pay more attention to the situation.

• April 22, 2014

• Family

The Manageress accosted my family and then myself at our first breakfast as she insisted we had not paid for our stay, even though all this was paid for in advance with Booking.com. She had no people skills whatsoever and this matter could very easily have been sorted out as soon as breakfast was out of the way. I presented her with our print out from booking.com and even found a copy of our bank statement to prove we had paid for our stay. She had absolutely no tact or personal skills at all. This left a very bad taste in all our mouths for the rest of our stay. The facilities were far below the standard we were led to believe we were to expect from the pictures they had supplied to Booking.com. There was NO private entrance with a guard at the gate! It was not very secure at all. There was black mould on the ceiling above our cupboard and this had merely been painted over with white paint the morning we arrived. For the more than R7,500 paid for only four nights, we would have been better off staying elsewhere. The kitchennete in our "self catering" apartment was not equipped with utensils one would actually use to "self cater" (no bowls, roasting dish missing from the oven, and not even a bread knife). I would not have booked this venue if I had known there was no swimming pool, no security at the gate and during the night and knowing that the standard of the buildings themselves were very poor.

The kitchen staff and cleaning staff were all very friendly and helpful. Lizzie made a fantastic breakfast and nothing was too much trouble for her and her team. They were all very kind towards our little girl and made a fuss of her.

There is also 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.