Stay in the heart of Salzburg – Excellent location – show map
Set next to the Getreidegasse in the heart of Salzburg's Old Town, the historic, fully renovated Hotel Elefant dating from the 13th century offers free WiFi.
All of the individually decorated rooms of Hotel Elefant provide a bathroom, cable TV, and a mini-bar, a bathroom. All rooms are air-conditioned, and some feature a comfortable seating area.
Mozart’s birthplace and the Festival Hall can be reached within a few steps from the Hotel Elefant. Mirabell Castle, the Hohensalzburg Fortress and the other side of the city center are only 650 feet away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Salzburg, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
- Regarding parking... Where is the parking station located and at how much does it cost? We arrive 18:00, stay at the hotel and leave the next evenin..Dear Guest Parking for cars is available at the public “Altstadtgarage B" (entrance at “Hildmannplatz 1”), 5 minutes walking distance from our hotel, ..Answered on 30 September 2020
- Do you accept dogs please?No, we do not accepts any petsAnswered on 3 August 2020
- Hi. If I book a standard double room 4-7 March - can you garantie that we will have TWO single beds? That is a must. Thanks. MatsNo, we can not guarantee that.Answered on 13 January 2020
- I want to book a double room with two separate beds for 4 to 7 March. Can you guarantee that we get two separate beds?No, we can not guarantee that.Answered on 13 January 2020
- Hi I've reserved a room with you for 14-20th November. Will take a taxi from Salzburg airport. Can a taxi park outside the hotel as I will have a heav..Yes, Best regards ReceptionAnswered on 26 October 2022
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Cable channels
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Hotel Elefant accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
At the Rathaus Arch at the beginning of the pedestrian zone, there is a barrier. Please press the corresponding button for the hotel on the column on the left side. You will receive a code via the intercom, which you have to enter into the barrier to be allowed to enter.
Please note that public parking is possible nearby depending on availability and costs EUR 18 per day. Reservation is not possible. Please contact the property for more information.
Please note that there are no bicycle parking facilities at the hotel.
For check in only if guests full vaccinated or proof of coronavirus recovery; children from 6-18 years need a pcr or antigen test
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Hotel Elefant
Check-in at Hotel Elefant is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:30 AM.
The prices at Hotel Elefant may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Hotel Elefant offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Guests staying at Hotel Elefant can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Hotel Elefant is 350 feet from the center of Salzburg.
Room options at Hotel Elefant include: