Stay in the heart of Salzburg – Excellent location – show map
This 5-star superior hotel enjoys a unique location on top of the Mönchsberg, a hill in the center of Salzburg. It is surrounded by a large park and offers panoramic city views, an outdoor infinity pool, and an outdoor hot tub. Free on-site private parking and free WiFi is available as well.
The exclusive rooms and suites are all individually and luxuriously furnished. They feature priceless antiques and marble bathrooms, as well as modern amenities such as air conditioning. Upon arrival, guests receive a welcome drink, a complementary fruit basket and a home made Guglhupf cake.
The spa area features a steam bath and a sauna, as well as a wide range of massage, beauty and wellness treatments.
Awarded 4 toques by Gault Millau and 1 Michelin star, the gourmet restaurant THE GLASS GARDEN serves traditional Austrian cuisine, international dishes and a wide selection of fine wines. For events, the hotel additionally offers the Mönchstein Saal, a festivity hall.
Hotel Schloss Mönchstein is only a 7-minute walk away from the Old Town, which can be reached by car or on foot via a elevator built into the mountain. Guests staying at the hotel will receive free tickets for this elevator. E-refueling station available (for electro cars)
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- How to cancel a booking since have pushed forward my holidaysDear Madam/Sir, We would kindly ask you to contact the platform booking for further information. with kind regards Felix Aigner Front OfficeAnswered on December 1, 2019
- Is Breakfast included with all room bookings?Yes, breakfast is included in the room rate.Answered on February 1, 2021
- Hi. I am visiting for honeymoon. Is it possible to decorate the room? How much for this arrangement. Many thanksWe`ll greet you with a glass of champagne or a non alcoholic cocktaik . In the room you`ll find a homemade cake and a fruit basket. With the turn down..Answered on May 28, 2022
- Hi Is it true elevator is working only till 20h ? Kind regardsThank you very much for your kind inquiry. https://www.salzburg-bahnen.at/en/moenchsbergaufzug/opening-hours.html From September on the list runs unti..Answered on August 30, 2021
- does the junior suit have a seprate sitting room ?Thank you very much for your kind email. We have one junior suite with separated living and sleeping room in the castle part. The junior suites in the..Answered on August 22, 2021
- Still looking?
Gourmet-Restaurant "The Glass Garden" - ausgezeichnet mit 4 Hauben und 1 Michelin-Stern
Food: Austrian, Local, International
Open for: Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
2:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Hotel Schloss Mönchstein accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the restaurant is open every day except on Tuesdays. On these days, guests can choose dishes from a smaller bar menu.
Please inform Hotel Schloss Mönchstein of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Swimmingpool #1: Closed from Tue, Nov 01, 2022 until Sun, Apr 30, 2023
License number: 50101-000102-2020
FAQs about Hotel Schloss Mönchstein
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Hotel Schloss Mönchstein has 1 restaurant:
- Gourmet-Restaurant "The Glass Garden" - ausgezeichnet mit 4 Hauben und 1 Michelin-Stern
Check-in at Hotel Schloss Mönchstein is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Hotel Schloss Mönchstein offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Themed dinners
- Personal trainer
- Beauty services
- Swimming pool
- Facial treatments
- Locker rooms
- Waxing services
- Makeup services
- Body treatments
- Body scrub
- Body wrap
- Spa facilities
- Steam room
- Spa lounge/Relaxation area
- Foot bath
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Back massage
- Neck massage
- Foot massage
- Full-body massage
- Fitness classes
The prices at Hotel Schloss Mönchstein may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Hotel Schloss Mönchstein can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Hotel Schloss Mönchstein on this page.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Hotel Schloss Mönchstein by:
- Taxi 15min
Room options at Hotel Schloss Mönchstein include:
Hotel Schloss Mönchstein is 2,600 feet from the center of Salzburg.