This property isn’t taking reservations on our site right now. But don’t worry, you can find tons of other nearby properties right here.
Apartment The Rocks - Heritage workers cottage with free wine and netflix
40 Merriman Street, Sydney Central Business District, 2000 Sydney, Australia – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 10.0/10! (score from 3 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
- This superbly transformed c1870 terrace is located in an exclusive cul-de sac moments stroll to The Rocks, Barangaroo and Walsh Bay - the terrace is heritage listed and is situated in one of the oldest areas in Sydney. It connects with the historic Rocks precinct and Barangaroo while offering superb access to the city - Peaceful harbour setting opposite Barangaroo Point Reserve - Gourmet fully equipped kitchen with pantry supplies opening to courtyard - Lounge room with queen sofa bed, smart TV and gas fireplace - Free Wi-Fi & Netflix so you can also choose to stay in and watch a movie and enjoy our welcome bottle of wine. - First floor bedroom with easy stairs and wall to wall built-ins overlooking Barangaroo Reserve and harbour - Luxury bathroom with heated floor including shower, toilet, hand basin, hairdryer, hair straightener, luxury complimentary toiletry products and quality towels and linen - Full laundry with washing machine and dryer - Within walking distance of bus, train and ferry - Selection of shops, quality cafés and restaurants nearby
- The best way to see around this area is to take a stroll. - Everything that is amazing about Sydney is within 10 - 20 minutes walk of your front door - IGA Express supermarket and bottle shop/wine cellar 7 minutes walk from your front door down on Hickson Road but small local convenience store 3 minutes walk - Harbour Bridge is inside 10 minutes walk from your front door if you want to touch it! If you want to see it, just walk out your front door! - Bridgeclimb is 10 minutes walk - Opera House is a 23 minute walk through the most fascinating parts of Old Sydney then around circular quay - the views of the harbour are breathtaking - Sydney Observatory is 7 minutes walk - The Rocks markets - 9 minutes walk - Hero of Waterloo pub - 6 minutes walk - Hotel Palisade pub - 1 minute walk - Lord Nelson Brewery - 3 minutes walk - Captain Cook Hotel - 3 minutes walk - Fish at the Rocks Restaurant - 3 minutes walk - Lotus Dumpling Bar - 7 minutes walk - Ventuno Restaurant - 7 minutes walk - Hickson Road eateries down on the wharves at Dawes Point - 7 minutes walk - Sydney Theatre Company, Rosylyn Packer Theatre - 5 minutes walk
Area Info– Excellent location – show map
What's nearby *
Barangaroo Reserve0.1 miles
Roslyn Packer Theatre0.2 miles
Sydney Observatory0.2 miles
Sydney Theatre Company0.3 miles
Lend Lease Group Head Office0.3 miles
Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb0.3 miles
Sydney Visitor Centre0.4 miles
The Rocks Markets0.4 miles
Cadmans Cottage0.4 miles
Museum of Contemporary Art0.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets *
hotel palisade Cafe/Bar0 miles
Hotel Palisade bottle shop Supermarket0.1 miles
lord nelson brewery hotel Cafe/Bar0.1 miles
fish at the rocks Restaurant0.1 miles
captain cook hotel Restaurant0.1 miles
the hero of waterloo Cafe/Bar0.3 miles
lotus dumpling bar Restaurant0.3 miles
IGA x-press supermarket - hickson road Supermarket0.3 miles
the rocks market Market0.4 miles
Closest Airports *
Kingsford Smith Airport5.6 miles
Illawarra Regional Airport54.1 miles
Most Popular Landmarks *
Circular Quay0.5 miles
Harbour Bridge0.7 miles
Sydney Opera House0.8 miles
Hyde Park Barracks Museum0.8 miles
Australian National Maritime Museum0.8 miles
The Royal Botanic Gardens0.9 miles
Art Gallery of New South Wales1.2 miles
Strathfield Private Hospital6.1 miles
Bicentennial Park7.1 miles
Sydney Showground7.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Facilities of The Rocks - Heritage workers cottage with free wine and netflix Great facilities! Review score, 10.0
Most popular facilities
No parking available.
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Freedom to eat when you want
- Wine glasses
- High chair
- Dining table
- Coffee machine
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Washing machine
- Childrens' cribs
- Wardrobe or closet
- Free toiletries
- Body soap
- Walk-in shower
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private bathroom
Space for everyone to be together
- Dining area
- Sitting area
Media & Technology
Fun for everyone under one roof
- Flat-screen TV
- Socket near the bed
- Trash cans
- Sofa bed
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Private entrance
- Ironing facilities
Pets are not allowed.
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
Sit back and relax
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor dining area
- Outdoor furniture
Food & Drink
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Fishing Off-site
Outdoor & View
Enjoy the view
- Quiet street view
- Landmark view
- Garden view
Front Desk Services
- Private check-in/out
Entertainment & Family Services
- Kids' TV channels
- Baby safety gates
- Books, DVDs & music for kids
- Board games/Puzzles
- Baby safety gates
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Non-smoking rooms
Safety & Security
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
House rules The Rocks - Heritage workers cottage with free wine and netflix takes special requests – add in the next step!
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
You need to let the property know what time you'll be arriving in advance.
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to apartment type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Refundable damage deposit
A AUD500 damage deposit is required 0 days before arrival (about USD306.35). This deposit will be fully refunded 7 days after check-out, as long as there isn't any damage to the property.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
|0 - 2 years||
Can use a crib or extra bed when requested
Can use an extra bed when requested
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The maximum number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check your selected room for the maximum capacity.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Debit card The Rocks - Heritage workers cottage with free wine and netflix accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
Please inform The Rocks - Heritage workers cottage with free wine and netflix of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
A damage deposit of AUD 500 is required. That's about 306.35USD. This will be collected by credit card. You should be reimbursed within 7 days of check-out. Your deposit will be refunded in full by credit card, subject to an inspection of the property.