Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart
1 Davey Street, 7000 Hobart, Australia – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 3056 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Hobart
Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart offers premier facilities, where guests can work out in the state-of-the-art fitness club or indulge in a skyline swim with views of Mount Wellington in the indoor pool. You can unwind over high tea at The Atrium Bar or reserve a table at the contemporary Restaurant Tasman which overlooks the harbor.
Overlooking the majestic Derwent River and Constitution Dock, Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart is conveniently located a short walk from Salamanca Wharf and Hobart CBD (Central Business District). The Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery is just 2 minutes' walk from the property.
The spacious guest rooms at the Grand Chancellor are styled with Tasmanian timbers, polished granite and contemporary furnishings. Each room has panoramic views of the harbor or Mount Wellington.
For meetings and special events, Hotel Grand Chancellor offers a variety of function spaces that can accommodate intimate meetings to major conventions. Hotel Grand Chancellor offers complimentary WiFi and 24-hour reception. Parking is available at an extra charge.
This is our guests' favorite part of Hobart, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- My partner requires a shower not a bath. Do some of the rooms have showers.Hello, All of our rooms do have showers in them. However, it is worth noting that the standard rooms only have a walk in shower, the superior rooms ha..Answered on 27 October 2019
- Are thr clothes washing facilities in the roomsThere aren't laundry facilities in the room. However we do have a guest laundry available for use. It is $4 per wash, $4 per dry and $2 for laundry powder.Answered on 12 December 2019
- Could we check in earlier at 1:00pm?Check in is guaranteed from 3pm, if you are arriving before this you are more than welcome to check with our Reception Team if a room is available. I..Answered on 6 January 2020
- Good afternoon, do you run a shuttle service from Hobart airport, thank you,Blair.Hi there, we do not have a private hotel shuttle bus however the SkyBus airport service has a stop directly outside our hotel. You can book a ticket a..Answered on 13 March 2021
- What are the arrangements for parking pleaseParking is available on site for all in house guests. There is a daily charge of $10 for self parking or $20 per day for valet parking. We don't pre-r..Answered on 28 January 2021
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Dinner, High tea
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Electric kettle
- Bicycle rental
- Sitting area
- Streaming service (like Netflix)
- iPod dock
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Pay-per-view channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Valet parking
- Parking garage
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Business centerAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Interconnecting room(s) available
- Family rooms
- Hair/Beauty salon
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Open all year
- All ages welcome
- Pool with view
- Heated pool
- Shallow end
- Pool/Beach towels
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- MassageAdditional charge
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that there is a 3.05% charge when you pay with a American Express credit card.
Please note that there is a 3.2% charge when you pay with a Diners Club credit card.
Please note that there is a 1.4% charge when you pay with a Visa and Mastercard credit card.
Please note that there is a 1.76% charge when you pay with a China UnionPay credit card.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart
The prices at Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Room options at Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart include:
Check-in at Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart is 1,500 feet from the center of Hobart.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Bicycle rental
- Swimming pool
Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart has 1 restaurant:
- Tasman Restaurant