Hostal Las Olas
Calle Michel Perez Nº1-3 Calle Jauregui, 4132 Copacabana, Bolivia – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 497 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
All guest rooms at the guest house come with a seating area. With a private bathroom equipped with a shower and a hairdryer, rooms at Hostal Las Olas also provide guests with a lake view. The units will provide guests with a desk and a kettle.
Popular points of interest near the accommodations include The Calvary, Inca Gallows and Copacabana Stadium.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.Hostal Las Olas has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Oct 25, 2017
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- We are arriving off the Cusco - puno train on 11/18 at 6:08pm. Can you arrange transfer and cost for 4 passengers if possible?Thank you for your question, unfortunately we do not arrange transfers. From Puno to Copacabana you can take the public bus, is about 3 to 4 hours to ..Answered on 25 June 2022
- Hi, I am coming from Peru and would love to come stay, do you know if it is possible to cross the land/lake border or do I have to fly due to COVID?thank you for your answer, it is possible to visit Copacabana, but there are some requirements in the peruvian side that will ask you befeore you can ..Answered on 12 March 2022
- hello, how easy is it to get to the hostel from Jualica in Peru? is the border crossing complicated because of Covid etc? also, is it easy to continue..thank you for your information, you can cross the border, but they will ask you for some information before. We do not have the information they will ..Answered on 12 March 2022
- Can we take 2 little dogs?Yes! but we must inform you that on the property we have three alpacas who get a little nervous with dogs, we please ask you to take of the dogs :)Answered on 22 July 2020
- Hello, we are looking to travel from La Paz on the 14th /15th May - arriving around mid-day on the 14th and leaving mid-afternoon on the 15th . How ea..Muchas gracias por su consulta, si tenemos disponible para las fechas, si es facil para visitra a isla del sol, nuestro Hostal las olas puede propor..Answered on 14 April 2023
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Towels/Sheets (extra fee)
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- City view
- Landmark view
- Garden view
- Lake view
- Picnic area
- Sun deck
- Shared kitchen
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Walking tours
- Sitting area
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/Puzzles
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Private entrance
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- Public Bath
- Hot tub/JacuzziAdditional charge
From 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
From 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
This property only accepts cash payments.
Parties/events are not allowed
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
The fine print
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
It's not possible to stay at this property for coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine purposes.
Please inform Hostal Las Olas of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
FAQs about Hostal Las Olas
Room options at Hostal Las Olas include:
The prices at Hostal Las Olas may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Hostal Las Olas offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Walking tours
- Public Bath
Check-in at Hostal Las Olas is from 12:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Hostal Las Olas on this page.
The nearest beach is 1,650 feet from Hostal Las Olas.
Hostal Las Olas is 1,650 feet from the center of Copacabana.