Glacier View Lodge
Highway 93 North Icefields Parkway, T1L 1J3 Sunwapta, Canada – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 583 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Rooms at Glacier View Lodge have a comfortable living room with a satellite TV and sofa bed. In addition to a mountain or glacier view, each room has a telephone and clock radio.
As part of the Columbia Icefield Center, the Glacier View Lodge offers a gift shop and photo shop for souvenirs. The Columbia Icefield Restaurant includes an all day dining room and lunchtime cafeteria serving salads and hamburgers.
Hamber Provincial Park is 20 miles from Glacier View Lodge and provides hiking trails or fishing in Lake Fortress.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.Glacier View Lodge has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Feb 4, 2011
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Which rooms overlook the glacier? Mountain or landmark view?Our landmark-view rooms face the Athabasca Glacier, our mountain-view rooms face Mount Wilcox. I highly recommend the glacier view rooms.Answered on 24 July 2020
- Hi there, is there cell phone reception at the lodge? Or does the network just work ok wifi? Also is their stair access to the rooms or elevator only?We have cell service and Wi-Fi at the center (including the hotel). We have stair and elevator access to the hotel.Answered on 15 May 2021
- Hello, Do you have a parking lot at the hotel? If not, how far is it? Also mini refrigerator in the room? Thank you!We have a parking lot right beside the hotel along with mini fridges in each room.Answered on 4 May 2021
- Hi, is this a pet friendly hotel?The hotel only allows properly registered service animals. Many of our guests and staff have allergies to animals and we want to make all our guests c..Answered on 5 July 2021
- Hello, I am wondering if you have availability from June 20 2023 until June 22 2023. I am planning a trip for my family and am wondering if your hotel..Availability will be made online shortly, please check back with us in the next few weeks.Answered on 7 November 2022
- Still looking?
- CuisineAmerican • International
- Open forBreakfast • Dinner
- AmbienceTraditional • Romantic
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Gluten-free
- Open forLunch
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Gluten-free
- Dietary optionsVegetarian
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Mountain view
- Outdoor furniture
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Snack bar
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Express check-in/out
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- 24-hour front desk
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Private entrance
- Soundproof rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 4:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Glacier View Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note, different policies will apply for groups bookings of more than 10 rooms.
Please note that the elevator is currently closed as it undergoes routing maintenance.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
FAQs about Glacier View Lodge
The prices at Glacier View Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Glacier View Lodge is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Room options at Glacier View Lodge include:
Glacier View Lodge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Glacier View Lodge has 3 restaurants:
Glacier View Lodge is 2,600 feet from the center of Sunwapta.